[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kimi no na wa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 524
Thread images: 111

File: 20160406220707.jpg (956KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160406220707.jpg
956KB, 1024x768px
I know I'm fucking late to the party but was too busy with work.
Holy shit, this was absolutely glorious. And finally not a shitty bittersweet end. I regret that I only got to watch it now when it's pulled from almost all cinemas. This is something that deserves to be enjoyed on a big screen with glorious sound.
>>
File: IMG_1068.jpg (369KB, 1440x1172px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1068.jpg
369KB, 1440x1172px
>>
File: 1478956061338.png (321KB, 634x618px) Image search: [Google]
1478956061338.png
321KB, 634x618px
>>160503360
>the most important development in the movie, pivotal to the entire narrative, condensed and summarized in a three minute montage
>"conveniently" forgetting important details constantly
>nothing but awkward monologues during the beginning and the ending
This movie was frustrating as all hell.
>>
>>160503360
>big screen with glorious sound.
i prefer by far my 50" screen and sound system at home to avoid hearing people during the movie. i always wait for BDs.
>>
I don't know, for some reason I just don't get the hype about this. I love Shinkai's movies and was expecting this to be amazing because of all the praise, but while it wasn't bad, I didn't really feel much. Their relationship made me feel nothing and I was focusing more on all the things that weren't explained or didn't make sense and felt frustrated more than anything else. Like what was that whole "yeah a lot of people in your family have had the same experience" that was never elaborated in any way. Maybe I went in with too high expectations or something? Still, out of the Shinkai movies I've seen, it's my least favorite.
>>
>>160503580
>>160503874
Maybe I just got too absorbed in it but for me, while there were some unexplained parts but only a few and far in-between enough to not be frustrating.
Maybe it's the sub?
By the way, how tit that handle the watashi-watakushi-boku-ore part?
>>
I'm just satisfied it's, for once, not some of those annoying and frustrating bittersweet endings that Shinkai keeps pulling.
>>
>>160503360
Someone tell me the correct translation for the the last line of the movie, when they ask each others names; subs are all over the place, and I feel like they've ruined the movie for an EOP like me.
Is it
>What's your name?
or
>Your name?
or
>Tell me your name!
or
>Give me your name!
Or something else entirely? The problem is, they kinda blurt out the same line, and so "What's your name" is unnatural.
>>
File: DFy2gxwUAAA2V9h[1].jpg (215KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DFy2gxwUAAA2V9h[1].jpg
215KB, 900x1200px
Japanese bookstore
Kimi no na wa fair
>>
>>160504405
It's simply "your name" (see the title) so the second one.
>>
>>160504405
Its
>Your name?
Quite literally a title drop
>>
Has any group done subtitles of the collectors edition bonus content? The documentary + Makoto Shinkai lecture, specifically?
>>
>>160504483
>>160504519
That's a prompt, though, so also sounds unnatural. You don't walk up to a stranger and start off with "Your name?" - that's something a hotel clerk would ask you, etc. But if it's an accurate translation, then oh well. What does it "sound" like in Japanese, is it more natural?
>>
>>160503580

>the most important development in the movie, pivotal to the entire narrative, condensed and summarized in a three minute montage

There were several montages. Which are you referring to? When Taki's in the time stream? That was nothing but a visual sequence to show Taki's connection to Mitsuha. It didn't really drive the plot forward, but moreso developing the characters.

>"conveniently" forgetting important details constantly

It's established early that the magic makes them forget, like real people forget the details of dreams. It's a convenient and sensible device to make the entire story happen.

>nothing but awkward monologues during the beginning and the ending

Again, the ones in the beginning set up the idea of the fleetingness of remembering dreams, which is a key part of not only the plot but the tone and overall themes of the movie. Then they tie it back at the end to those early scenes. It works even better on repeat watches because you recognize that you're seeing the characters as adults at the start, bookended with when the meet at ending.

I would argue that those early monologues are wonderfully set up to be vague so that you the viewer forget the details but they linger in the background of your thoughts, leaving a certain mood. Much like an impressionable dream does in real life.
>>
>>160504678
Don't try to force English schematics on Japanese. Also, they are not really "strangers" at that point. And their forgetting/remembering each others name is quite pivotal, hence the question.
>>
>>160504405

I think the official subs I saw in the theater were:

>"And your name is...?"
>>
It is just an over-glorified radwimps PV desu.
>>
>>160504737
>I would argue that those early monologues are wonderfully set up to be vague so that you the viewer forget the details but they linger in the background of your thoughts, leaving a certain mood. Much like an impressionable dream does in real life.

Get the fuck out of my head, anon.
Well said.
>>
>>160504802
Mine were
>I remember...
>I remember too
Never going outside again.
>>
>>160504737
I think he means zenzense AMV part. It felts like they just suddenly fall in love and shit.
>>
>>160504802

Just checked the Beatrice-raws version, and this is what was on the Blu-Ray.

Which I think is a good way to localize to how an English speaker would politely ask a stranger.
>>
Shikai like to play with words/Kanji. I remember reading some article from some linguist about "deep meanings" in The Garden of Words
>>
>>160504944
Anon, can you please check this as well? I'm genuinely interested as I think it's impossible without TN.
>>160504093
>>
>>160504971
I quite liked
二葉
三葉
四葉
But I think you mean something else.
>>
>>160505022
>>160504093

Here's transcript of the subs:

>Uh..well..I (watashi)
>Feminine?

>I (watakushi)!

>I (boku)?

>I (ore)?

Seems fine to me.
>>
>>160504678
>You don't walk up to a stranger and start off with "Your name?"
That's because they aren't strangers, anon. That's the whole point.

>>160504737
The second one where they establish their romantic feelings. It was a bunch of body swap shenanigans then "Oh and now they love each other btw".
>It's a convenient and sensible device to make the entire story happen
My complaint is that its TOO convenient. Mitsuha can remember Taki going on a date, or sowing up the waitress' skirt, but Taki can't remember the Itomori disaster (or the name of the town at all even though he's spent a good amount of time in the town), or the fact that he doesn't notice the date, or recognize the braided cord he wears literally everyday when he's Mitsuha? Its not consistent at all.
>I would argue that those early monologues are wonderfully set up
I don't remember the exact dialogues, but it seemed like to me (at the time) it was nothing but "I'M LOOKING FOR SOMETHING I GOTTA FIND SOMETHING SOMETHING IS MISSING I GOTTA FIND SOMETHING DID I MENTION I'M LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?"
It was just annoying, very anime-ish monologues, and I fucking hate that.
But if you liked it, more power to you.
>>
File: tooruconsider.jpg (225KB, 1062x782px) Image search: [Google]
tooruconsider.jpg
225KB, 1062x782px
Koe no Katachi had:
- A better, more interesting, more emotionally gripping story;
- Better animation;
- Better character development;
- Better voice acting
"Characters retardedly never notice the year: the movie" had:
- Prettier backgrounds
Thank you based KyoAni.
>>
File: 2017-07-30_13-39-13.webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-30_13-39-13.webm
3MB, 600x336px
>>160504802
Official subs on the BD say
>Your name is...?

>>160505022
For the official sub they do with TN. The dub re-writes the scene.

>How'd you wind up getting lost on the way to school?
>Uh... well.. a girl...
>A girl?
>Ah, a gal
>Hm?
>I mean... A guy!
>(Approving nods) Hm!
>(sigh of relief) You know, guys just want to have fun! Every day's a festival when you're living in Tokyo... as a guy.
>Hey, you sound funny.
>>
>>160503874
I feel the first act was over too quick; the characters weren't given the possibility to hit their stride, and I wasn't that invested in them as a result.
>>
>>160505533
Remove
>- Prettier backgrounds
and you are objectively correct
>>
I'm going to find my Mitsuha one day. I'll do it, anons.
>>
>>160505406
>The second one where they establish their romantic feelings. It was a bunch of body swap shenanigans then "Oh and now they love each other btw".
Really? I don't think at that point they loved eachother. they were even annoyed by the other's shenanigans.
>Mitsuha can remember
The point is, they do remember fragments. Like with a dream. Then within minutes, it's gone. The fact that Taki did not notice the date was interesting. And also the name of the town. Pretty sure he encountered that in the school, but probably forgot it all.
>>
>>160503360
Liked a lot how the movie had a proper opening sequence like the ones you see in TV anime. I hope ufo also uses an opening for Presage Flower.
>>
The other meme thread probably will be dead so i'll repost
How come that his most popular work is the most mediocre one? I'm not trying to be contrarian, i really like most of his works. But this one simply don't hold in almost any aspect.
The initial premise, gender-bender stuff, wasn't explored nearly as it could be. Aside from "boob discovery" type of jokes and basic interaction contrast, there was almost nothing about them discovering each others lives and personalities. There is a little of girl background and then at the same time we don't know almost anything about the boy, his motivation and who he really is as a person - aside from general "mamoru" fleur there's really nothing about him.
Shinkai's previous movies really depended on a general atmosphere with emphasis on emotions, with a very vague and almost surreal plot, which worked beautifully. Now he tries to be more specific - and fails. The story is built from plot-devices that are combined by almost non-existent logic, which is not inherently bad thing, but then, on top of that, he tries to evoke feelings in a way he known for - and it looks ridiculous.
Because now story tries to be grounded and more realistic, but instead it just loses focus. A big amount of time is spent on bunch of a characters that we don't really care about because of how undeveloped they are, and on time that has left we see these clumsy switches between teens lives. In the middle of this cumbersome action, Shinkai loses the most important thing - there's no relationships buildup. It's like all these missing parts are off-screen, cut out in editing room. We are suddenly present with confession, but you just don't believe it, it feels so forced and artificial that, for me, Shinkais famous magic just fell apart right there.
>>
Why does weeb write "your name." As "Kimi no na wa"?
>>
File: 2017-07-30_13-58-25.webm (2MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-30_13-58-25.webm
2MB, 700x392px
>>160505619
This desu. I've got a lot of nitpicky problems with the movie that can generally overlooked, but in the grand scheme of things I think just a few more scenes of Taki and Mitsuha learning about the others lives through their friends/family and indirectly interacting with each other would have gone a long way. The way it is now, pretty much all of that is condensed into the (admittedly super well done) zenzenzen insert.
>>
>>160505837
>I'm going to find my Misaki one day. I'll do it, anons
Give up
>>
>>160506103
This is why I'm very curious to read the book. As I understand it, Shinkai wrote this first as a book, and has gone on record saying that they ran out of time and that he wished he could have done more in the movie. The premise is interesting, but the movie fumbles a bit with it.
>>
why does burger write 「君の名は」 as "your name"
>>
>>160506121
Because I wasn't weeb enough to write 君の名は。
>>
Don't you get the feeling that it was very, um, Hosoda type of story? Really think he would pulled it off better for some reason.
>>
>>160506103
The relationship buildup is different for this kind of story because a lot of it does really depend on the audience's interpretation. On one hand, the lack of the bodyswap scenes is possibly connected to the later revelation that their experiences feel like dreams and are so vivid that the characters can only barely remember moments that highly matter to them enough to trigger that imagery. On the other hand, the film was set to focus on the "couples who never physically meet" aspect, and in this way Shinkai only leaves some subtlety on how the village girl and city boy embrace each other's lives before getting into the romance of the two. In a way, it becomes a matter of how you (the audience) wants to see where the motivation comes from. (Do they love for understanding each other's life and hardships? Do they love because they are in need of deeper comfort? Do they love because they realize what's lost is most precious to them?, etc...) The relationship buildup can happen in so many interpretations, just as the ending of them finally meeting can be left up to interpretation as to how it will go. There's no right way to satisfy a wide audience's beliefs on how a relationship should start or grow, but the film leaves enough of the emotionally good pieces to let each viewer decide how things are led to these different stages. It's fair to say that the confessions don't just suddenly appear, because all the experiences and feelings that happen, even when forgotten by the characters, do connect to form their strong lingering for one another.
>>
File: Untitled.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
hmm .. are there any translations/subtitles for scenes like this ??
>>
>>160503360
>bunch of loopholes
>the author mixed their time and date several times
>they still don't remember each other in the ending while looking for each other

it was bad and you only like it because that's what hipsters do, go fuck yourself
>>
>>160507020
While I enjoy the flick, being subtle is clearly not its strength.
>>
>no tenmon in a shinkai movie
>a bad shinkai movie
>>
>>160507042
I guessed it as "Mayor saves lives", etc
>>
>>160504568
I don't think any group announced that they're doing the bonus features yet, probably because the US release will have subs when it comes out
>>
>>160507098
Next time I’ll ask for your approval before enjoying things. You’re cordially invited to fuck yourself with a rake.
>>
File: 1501438758994.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501438758994.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>160507042
A meteorite fall to Gunma Prefecture Itomori Town, which had become a major disaster unprecedented
A house a few kilometers ahead collapsed and a mighty crater was formed
The minority of human injury is a miraculous despite the disappearance of the town
Miyamizu mayor's evacuation directive was the biggest factor in the miracle
But this evacuation directive has some kind of doubt
In this journal I examined the question

Use google translation
>>
>>160507042
Looks like an interview on why the mayor made his "forceful evacuation" order that miraculously saved the entire town.
>>
File: 1492131773869.png (712KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1492131773869.png
712KB, 1280x738px
>>160507042

I only have this.
>>
The guy was a knight for doing just self-groping. My immediate reaction would be to masturbate.
>>
File: Children Who Chase Lost Voices.jpg (130KB, 375x529px) Image search: [Google]
Children Who Chase Lost Voices.jpg
130KB, 375x529px
>>160503360
It's beautiful but still one on Shinkai's weakest works. Probably on par with pic related

>>160506103
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/06/15/japanese-survey-reveals-the-reason-for-your-names-immense-popularity/
>>
>>160508145
Kimi no na wa has done nothing to deserve to be compared with that shitty Ghibli rip-off.
>>
>>160508321
>shitty Ghibli rip-off
which makes me wonder why he attempted it at the first place
>>
File: vitalfluid.jpg (368KB, 1280x1438px) Image search: [Google]
vitalfluid.jpg
368KB, 1280x1438px
i really hope this scene would not become a meme
>>
>>160504483
No. 君の名前は is a QUESTION. It's perfectly fine. Translations should be faithful, not natural. Especially in movies like this.
>>
>>160505333
I was really positively surprised when I read this. Especially that it's Funi's work.
>>
>>160506327
No.
>>
>>160508465
Why is it ok for many bird species and other to regurgitate food into their young ones mouth, but if I ask the same, I'm the weirdo?
>>
>>160506244
I have to agree, we only see a little of what they go through and I don't think it was quite enough to get you to see that they fall in love. Also I think Mitsuha's voice was the best thing in the entire film; and that can't even be viewed as a criticism.
>>
>>160506516
>This is why I'm very curious to read the book
Is it translated? I've not heard much about it.
>>
>>160508788
Official Yenpress translation is shitty. Official subs for this movie are actually good. Yenpress fucked it up very bad unfortunately. I really regret buying eng translation instead original jap release. Same goes to manga.
>>
>>160508661
because mammals feed their children with milk, not by puking into their mouth
>>
>>160508887
Well that sucks, I hope someone decent translates it one day. I want to see how much extra material there is, and maybe it's just me but I think the story would work better in a book.
>>
>>160506103
The movie just doesn't express very well how much time they really spent in each others bodies during the zen zen zense montage. I think this is because if the viewer wraps their head around how many entire days it was, you start to question how Taki never looked at a map or how Mitsuha never realized the calendar year in a city where it ought to be posted on the bottom of almost every single advertisement.

So I agree the first half of the movie should have been extended. I mean the movie was barely 90 minutes so surely they had some leeway... Or they could have cut how many fucking times they walked past each other at the end.
>>
>>160508906
And milk is excreted fluid.
>>
>>160509101
>I mean the movie was barely 90 minutes so surely they had some leeway.
You could do perfectly in that timeframe if you know how to set right accent
I mean, Hosoda in his leapt girl did astonishing with more intricated time fuckery
>>
>>160509186
And cum
But no parents feed their children with it
Except for yours
>>
Which subs to use?
>>
File: frodo.jpg (43KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
43KB, 600x599px
>>160509101

>you start to question how Taki never looked at a map or how Mitsuha never realized the calendar year

I am so fucking sick of this kind of argument used by pedantic nerds who prefer to pick apart insignificant details over enjoying a story.

You people and your fucking eagles haven't shut up for over a decade.

Not every detail needs to fit flawless logic in a story built on emotions, relationships, and *magic*.
>>
>>160509788
>Not every detail needs to fit flawless logic in a story built on emotions, relationships, and *magic*.
>"good writing isn't required for a coherent story"
>>
>>160509101
>you start to question how Taki never looked at a map or how Mitsuha never realized the calendar year in a city where it ought to be posted on the bottom of almost every single advertisement
The whole "they remember the other's life like a hazy dream" thing goes a long way (if unsatisfyingly) in waving away these kinds of plot holes. It's very possible that at some point they might have noticed it and gone "huh, that's weird", but they're living through a whole day as another person in a totally new environment with unfamiliar people while at the same time trying to impersonate somebody they've never met. There's also the fact that they're switching bodies at random which is totally crazy and magic so who knows what else might be happening. They've got a lot going on.

I'm also not sure how many times they actually switched. I was under the impression that the whole first half of the movie (up through the date with Okudera) takes place over the course of roughly 2 weeks, and they weren't switching every other day either. They specifically call it out as random, so my guess is about a week's worth of days.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 282x179px
>>160509788

As Looper so excellently handwaved, none of the technical details ultimately matter.

The time travel and body swapping is just a means to put characters in a dramatic situation and tell a story about their reactions and feelings.

It is truly the deepest autism to see this movie not as a story about human relationships and intimacy but instead a technical cause-and-effect time travel plot that must be examined and time-lined.
>>
>>160509788
I agree that anons exaggerate how much of an oversight Mitsuha/Taki not checking a calendar is. But this movie feels like it's attempting to achieve some sort of coherent logic (unlike other Shinkai movies which feel fantastical and vague) and never really sticks the landing, which is probably why it's more obvious and irritating
>>
>>160503360
I preferred 5cms because it was more realistic and relatable. The characters are more well developed and the story was simple but impactful, and the art and animation is a lot better. It captures the true nature of life and unrequited love, while knnw is a fantasy of unrealistic love. knnw is just a corny flick while 5cms really pulls at the heartstrings and makes you think about existence and human intimacy. How the hell are we supposed to relate to time traveling shinto magic?
>>
>>160509788
How am I supposed to "feel' if the plot could've been resolved simply by the protagonists not being fucking retarded?
>>
>>160510072
>art and animation is a lot better
Can you elaborate on that? I've found the animation and art at least on par if not better. I'm curious as to what scenes you thought were lacking, or not as good as, certain scenes from your name.
You also have to keep in mind that 5cm didn't have a lot of movement while your name had a lot. The comet impact alone was better animated than anything from 5cm in my opinion. Of course, don't take that as if 5cm animation was shit, it was really good as well, but just not quite there.
>>
File: 1500830607947.png (130KB, 600x367px) Image search: [Google]
1500830607947.png
130KB, 600x367px
>he somehow forgot that a few years back a meteorite wiped out a fucking town
Nice writing.
>>
Is there a consensus on which release is the best yet? There's a shit load now.
>>
>>160510334
How often do you think of 9/11, or Hurricane Katrina? You don't forget these things but it's not exactly something that comes to mind, and those disasters had a lot more deaths than that meteor that only killed 500.

If you're not a burger, I apologize, but most people aren't thinking or recalling these tragedies on a daily basis. Most nips don't even care about the earthquake anymore.
>>
>>160509788
Because Shinkai's "sense of disconnection" ©™ looks absolutely fucking retarded in environment where there's no fucking reason for it to exist. It's like invisible walls in shooters, except in the case of games they serves practical reason, and there it's just an indicator of his writing impotence and unability to come out from comfort zone.
Why use that particular premise for plot in the first place, if you don't know how to resolve logical inconsistency?
>>
>>160509566
Official, or Nii-sama if you care about lesser localization and honorifics.
>>
>>160510516
I used kuchikirukia. It has edited versions of the MTBB subs with and without honorifics and integrates the sign translations nicely. Or you could just download them all and have an excuse to watch the movie 10 times.
>>
>>160503360
>not a bittersweet end

It is a bittersweet end. Mitsuha's town and previous lifestyle were completely destroyed (yeah that's kind of what she wished for, but not in that way), Taki is unemployed, they barely remembered each other enough to ask whether or not they had met. It's an open ending and it's not at all obvious that anything will turn out well for the characters. The town, obviously, was saved though so musubi is happy.
>>
>>160510554
>How often do you think of 9/11
Every day i go to /pol/
Nip 9/11 is sarin attack and they do fucking remember it perfectly
>>
>>160510199

I mean, not everyone is a completely logical person all the time. Conflict is created through misunderstandings, or "being retarded" as you would call it. It's also something that happens in everyday life.

This is why it's frustrating to see this argument over and over again. If plots were "perfect," there would be no room for Drama, Tragedy, or Comedy. The truth is, something needs to go wrong, even if the ending is supposed to wrap everything up in a neat little package.

The more important thing here is that the characters are emotionally consistent with how they interact in the world the movie creates. For that reason, I really don't care about the Calendar year's weight on the plot.
>>
>the guy which I don't remember his name didn't masturbate with the girl's body
>>
>>160503360
I heard everyone praise it and I watched it yesterday. And it was just... mediocre. Nothing interesting happened, no good jokes, poorly told, it was sometimes confusing. The ending was predictable. It could have been a lot better. I think it mostly made a lot of money because it had good visuals.
>>
>>160510703
can you link the subs archive? i'm not gonna download the movie again just to try them
>>
Does anyone know when the Blu-ray is supposed to come out in the US?
>>
Honestly, his schtick is starting to get old.
I mean, when at the end i've seen yet again grownup loser who has trouble coping with work and is reflecting on his past "looking for something" and then SUDDENLY reencounter happens, i almost closed the fucking player window.
THREE.
TIMES.
IN THE ROW.
ENOUGH ALREADY SHITKAI
>>
>>160510818

We'll probably know when Taki and Mitsuha cameo in the next Shinkai film.
>>
>>160504405
Don't listen to the other faggots, they're retards who have learned all of their Japanese from reading fansubs and studied translation studies for 0 days.

>What's your name?
Good translation. It retains the original meaning and connotations very accurately, so much so that it's rare to see this level of translation being even possible between English and Japanese — both sentences are polite, friendly, and shortened forms of something more formal.
>Your name?
Shit translation, the original phrase has different connotations than this. It's also not a namedrop; the name of the movie in Japanese is not "kimi no namae wa".
>Tell me your name!
Acceptable. It's a little unusual to say that in English, but it mostly retains the original meaning and connotations.
>Give me your name!
Same as above.
>>
>>160504436
This picture continues to be inexplicable to me.
>>
>>160511204
japs have problem with putin for some reason
>>
>>160511143
>>Give me your name!
It's literally a commie or gg attempt to "translate"....
>>
https://youtu.be/jx7_Fl3X1i8
>>
>>160503874
It's a spectacle, not a character driven piece. It's more about the ride and the visuals and not paying too much to the plot.
>>
>>160511046
>it was sometimes confusing

Well, you shouldn't expect to enjoy amazing movies as much as the rest of us do when you're a retard.
>>
>>160504405
>>160504483
>>160504519
>>160504802
The official title has a period in it (on purpose) and not a question mark. Its kind of ambiguous how they state it in the last lines, they are both asking each other their name but also stating "your name is" as if they somehow know it.
>>
>>160511046
Hosoda should have directed it
>>
>>160511473
would watch mitsuha make drugs
>>
H O S O D A
O
S
O
D
A
>>
>>160510703
This is good enough
>>
>>160511602
In Japanese, there is no such thing like question mart in grammar. It's a modern thing. You can write a question without question mark in Japanese.
>>
>>160511602
Japanese doesn't use question marks in formal writing.
>>
>>160511602
Alto there is 君の名前は at the end of the movie, not 君の名は from title, because title has 2 meaning. Last line of the moveie has only one - "what's your name?". EOT.
>>
>>160511918
>>160511882
>>160511825
He is right though, though they are asking, it is implied as if they somehow already know the answer deep down.
That's kind of the whole point, they know they're searching for something but they're not sure, it's all vague.
>>
>>160510039
>It is truly the deepest autism to see this movie not as a story about human relationships and intimacy
Well it's a nice little teen romance but the problem is there's nothing profoundly human about their relationship. They act in a very "anime" way about the whole body-swapping thing. Shinkai may be trying to convey they've become close by (literally) sharing each others bodies but I guess somewhere along the way he forgot to show this actually happening. the scenes are too focused on dragging along the story and explaining the shinto deity when it should have slowed down and let the characters really explore their counterparts' lives.

Koe no katachi did a good job of making the romance interesting by exploring themes of forgiveness and suicide. In KNNW there is not really any emotional conflict... the only obstacle to overcome is a big meteor, which is solved by time travel and incredible luck.
>>
>>160509101

They forgot. The Movie subtly clues you in on how much they are forgetting over and over, so that when you get to post-twilight you understand WHY they are suddenly forgetting shit in real time.

Taki-as-Mitsuha was getting the day of the week wrong (putting on a school uniform on a Saturday) because date and day of the week shift between years.

Taki, despite living for like 2 weeks put together in Mitsuha's town, couldn't remember its name at all after they stopped switching.

And so on.

The only information that persisted strongly was the notes they left to each other. And even that faded in the end.
>>
>>160510020

IIRC, official word is that they were switching a few times a week for about a month after they figured it out, with a couple of swaps before then.
>>
>>160512111
His prev big work was Ghibli rip-off and now it's Hosoda.
In his next one it probably would be Otomo who gets butchered, given the budget and ambitions
>>
>>160509788
>>160511046
It's too centered on the characters.

5 wallpapers/sec, Garden of Words, and even The Promised Place never had this problem. They were mostly atmosphere-driven movies.
I really enjoyed them even though I don't remember the characters. I enjoyed them simply because "the story happened"

Shinkai can't into epic magic twists.
Slow heavy pace seinen with Tenmon bgm is where he shines the most.

All the J-rock spamming, SoL elements, and forced happy-end of Your Name means that this movie is entirely for a different demographic.
>http://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/06/15/japanese-survey-reveals-the-reason-for-your-names-immense-popularity/
>>
>>160510516
I'm working on an edit of Nii-sama, if you can even call it that. I'm just fixing typos and changing some of the weebier translations.

For example the way they translated the pronoun joke made no sense-- people watching subtitles obviously don't speak japanese, and won't entirely have the context for the joke.

Instead of (watashi) (watakushi) (boku) and (ore), I plan on making it (feminine) (feminine) (masculine) (masculine). Even those aren't the actual direct translations, like how men can use watashi and still be grammatically correct, this way makes the most sense, in an English interpretation at least.

In real life watashi and watakushi are mostly used in formal situations, the latter mostly or perhaps only by women (I wouldn't know, I don't actually speak Japanese). Boku is masculine but in an inferior tone (a child would use it to speak to their teacher or parent), and ore is the correct pronoun for Taki to be using in that scene/context (informal masculine).

I also plan on including MTBB's signs, as they just look much better than Nii-sama's very rudimentary alternative.
>>
>>160512364
>All the J-rock spamming
What's wrong with it?

>>160512364
>SoL elements
The most mature genre

>>160512364
>and forced happy-end
Are you even sane? F O R C E D?
>>
>>160512194
>The only information that persisted strongly was the notes they left to each other
the scene where he pulls his iphone and shit starts literally deleting on it's own is the epitome of subtle narrative, of course
>>
>>160512364

Having seen 5cm per second, I was on the edge of my seat during the ending of Your Name, because there were like 4 goddamn times I was convinced the movie was ending on a bittersweet 'and they never found each other again' note.
I knew he could do it because he did it before, and I was terrified he would do again because I didn't want that to happen. Which made the ending we did get feel like it really did overcome the odds.
>>
so at the end, phone really was a deus ex machina, huh
>>
>>160512364
>All the J-rock spamming
And?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtPx6WdNM30
Jamanese music is way more creative and rich in terms of composition than everything else.
>>
>>160512429
>(I wouldn't know, I don't actually speak Japanese)
This doesn't inspire confidence in your release my man.
>>
>>160512499
Arguably, that's the biggest ass-pull in the movie.
>>
Plan on rewatching the movie now after just watching the chinese(?) "hd" rip that was released a couple of months ago.
What can I expect in terms of visuals? Is it a lot better?
>>
>>160512767
>is the BD better than the cropped upscale at 30fps
>>
>>160512767
It's like CRT 24 inch TV vs 55 inch OLED.
>>
>>160512709
It's musubi.
>>
anyone else think the side characters were more interesting than the main ones
>>
File: 1374170493659.jpg (65KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1374170493659.jpg
65KB, 500x375px
>>160512767
>What can I expect in terms of visuals? Is it a lot better?
>>
>>160503371
Assigned seating? WTF Japan! That price too!
>>
>>160512861
it's "i need to hire a writer"-subi
>>
>>160512842
What? Many CRTs have higher resolutions and better picture than modern LCD panels.
>>
>>160512914
>Not knowing about assigned seating
what third world shithole do you live in? you do the same when you buy bus or plane tickets why not movie tickets?
>>
>>160512937
And a shit color depth.
>>
>>160512937
You don't have a OLED TV right? You said the same bullshit like people who are shitting on SSD drives (le HDD is enough), but in reality they never used SSD.
>>
>>160512914
Very common in Asia, I'm starting to see it in the US too. Not sure about EU. It's honestly a better system than what the US has.
>>
>>160512688
I've fansubbed before. I worked on a movie a few months ago, and whilst all we were able to fix up dialogue subs from a CAM and an HDRip, we had to translate most of the signs from scratch. This movie is notorious for it's frequent use of signs.

MTBB, Nii-sama and kuchikirukia are all TLCs of existing translations. All I'm doing is editing in MTBB's subs and fixing typos + one other scene because Nii-sama's translation is too autistic for my taste. Maybe the kataware doki scene too, not sure yet.I've done my research, I can guarantee that for you.
>>
>>160512973
Trump's Murrica! Plus you get to choose your own seat when buying plane and bus tickets, for a fee, so wait, if you got to choose your own seat, would it be even more expensive?
>>
>>160512465
>>160512670
>What's wrong with it?
Nothing. I'm no stranger to J-rock but it just doesn't work en masse with a Shinkai film.

>The most mature genre
Again, nothing wrong with it.

>Are you even sane? F O R C E D?
Yes, this is where we have a problem. It's just not a true Shinkai film without a melancholic ending. No exceptions.
It's almost as if he was trying to surprise his audience which was too predictable given the shounen-tier romance.
>>
>>160513054
It's normal in EU. At least in my country. Every ticket has assigned chair. You can choose it before screening at home if it's available.
>>
>>160512937
>1080p or 4k crts
Fucking where?
>>
File: imagente.jpg (355KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
imagente.jpg
355KB, 1920x1080px
Was that really necessary?
>>
>>160513138
America has plenty of assigned-seating cinemas.

It's just that nobody fucking adheres to it and people just sit wherever.
>>
>>160513172
Yes, the mouth yeast is what starts the fermentation process.
>>
>>160513172
It's a way how kuchikamizake is "produced"? Why not?
>>
>>160503360
It's honestly overrated.

It's not a good romance. The ending is contrived. There's not even a fucking kiss.
>>
Is Mitsuha average in terms of looks?
>>
>>160513077
>Nii-sama's translation is too autistic for my taste
Just admit it, you are a normalfag.
>>
>>160513266
Have you ever fansubbed a 2 hour movie? No?
Sounds like you're the normal fag to me.
>>
>>160513221
..creepy
That's a child who doing this.
Given it's gained international success, definetly not something you would show people overseas, if you don't want labeled as nation of perverts
>>
How do you feel about prototype Mitsuha?
>>
>>160513077
>because Nii-sama's translation is too autistic for my taste. Maybe the kataware doki scene too,
Don't forget to change Shinto Shrine to Church, Musubi to Pope, Kuchikamizake to vodka and their names to western names.
>>
>>160513235
She's a miracle, anon. A simple yet cute design.
>>
>>160513402
I'm talking about in universe, is she supposed to be hot?
>>
>>160513079
>gets charged for picking his own seat
jesus christ, that's not supposed to happen. It goes like this:

>"One ticket for that new weeaboo kino please"
>"Okay that would be 5 burgers, would you like to pick your seat?"
>"You too-I mean, Yes ma'am"
>"Okay, look at this screen here, all the blue squares are available seats, pick a number"
>"Seat 69 all the way in the back for lonely autists like me"
>"Okay here's your ticket for one, screening starts after half an hour of unskippable ads"
>"T-thanks"
>>
>>160513015
But can have better blacks than IPS.
>>160513050
I'm not disputing that OLED looks good, I'm saying you picking CRT vs OLED is baseless as a comparison, when modern LCD panels can look worst than decades old CRTs. CRTs are an obsolete technology not because of picture quality, but because of costly manufacturing process, safety, and size and weight (which cannot be reduced much due to the nature of cathode ray tubes).
>SSD
So you're an illiterate consumer. SSDs and flash storage in general are not a direct upgrade to magnetic storage. SSDs and flash storage will leak electrons from cells when left unpowered, corrupting data. HDDs don't have this problem. SSDs have their place where IO is important, most commonly being OS boot drive, but they're not superior in every regard to HDDs, even excluding price differences.
>>
>>160508810
>O M G.
Fuck off.
>>
>>160513366
Tons of liquors were historically produced in this way, it's just an old way of doing things. Before they discovered and isolated brewer's yeast.
>>
>minor drinking alcohol

How can Shinkai get away with this ?
>>
>>160513423
No character even mentioned her being specially attractive, so knows.
>>
>>160513395
Why even use subtitles if you're not going to translate Japanese into English? If we can leave pronouns untranslated, why not just leave the whole fucking movie untranslated.

It's about context. Why don't you just go learn Japanese if you want to watch it with Japanese subtitles?

Also, assuming you prefer Nii-sama, how do you feel knowing that 99% of that translation is untouched from the retail subs? You're watching Funimation's official translation if you're watching Nii-sama. Let that sink in.
>>
File: 1461813641586.jpg (58KB, 777x932px) Image search: [Google]
1461813641586.jpg
58KB, 777x932px
>>160513464
>HDDs don't have this problem
Ahh yes, but what about loss of rotational velocidensity?
>>
>>160513395
Kataware doki doesn't translate to twilight, plain and simple. Don't talk shit if you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>160513611
>how do you feel knowing that 99% of that translation is untouched from the retail subs?
I watched official subs and then I discovered nii-sama, which is not a simple edit with added honorifics.
And Official translation does a good job in this case. It's rare, especially for funi.
>>
>>160513611
> If we can leave pronouns untranslated, why not just leave the whole fucking movie untranslated.
First off, this is a silly reductionist argument that I'm sure even you don't actually buy - obviously leaving a few words untranslated on the assumption that people understand them is not equivalent to leaving everything untranslated. Second off, while using nip pronouns is dumb as fuck in most situations, adding (feminine) (feminine) (masculine) (masculine) isn't really any better or more natural a translation.
>>
>>160513634
Maybe that was sarcastic, given their mother looked below average
>>
File: 1467427314610.png (354KB, 545x583px) Image search: [Google]
1467427314610.png
354KB, 545x583px
>>160513675
Rotational velocidensity can be prevented with centrifugal counterbypassing.
>>
>>160513675
That can be compensated with magnets.
>>
>>160512596
>Having seen 5cm per second, I was on the edge of my seat during the ending of Your Name
>ive seen enough shinkai movies to know where this is going
Fucking this. Especially on the overpass I was convinced that was going to be the end and so when very end of the stairs scene finally happened I was fucking stoked and bawling. I doubt people who aren't familiar with his previous works would come in with the same expectations and would probably just have the attitude of "well of course they're going to meet again!"
>>
File: 1492021665274.jpg (986KB, 1947x2751px) Image search: [Google]
1492021665274.jpg
986KB, 1947x2751px
>>160512111

>In KNNW there is not really any emotional conflict
>Shinkai may be trying to convey they've become close by (literally) sharing each others bodies

I can't believe I have to explain this. It's like you didn't even watch the movie.

Their entire relationship hinges on a big question mark between the two of them about whether they love each other.

They've been having the "intimate" experience of living in each other's lives and literally being in each other's bodies, but their only real interactions have been through the notes they leave.

When Mitsuha goes to visit Taki, she's thinking about how exactly he'll respond - will he be annoyed? will he confess his love? - she had no clue. She goes away thinking she's been rejected, which isn't the case of course.

Taki, in turn, doesn't get any confirmation of Mitsuha's affection for him until his trip through time, where he sees her visit him.

The entire reason the "i love you" on Mitsuha's hand is so impactful is because one of them finally and definitively crossing the social boundary of expressing their love openly.

The relationship overall is a brilliant back-and-forth between how two people get comfortable enough between each other to say they love each other, and the body-swapping/time-travel plot is just an creative and unique way to explore that dynamic.

>Koe no katachi did a good job of making the romance interesting by exploring themes of forgiveness and suicide

Shallow, edgy themes. Literally the kind you'd expect explored in high-schooler's tumblr.
>>
>>160512709
>>160512499
That's the only plot contrivance that actually bothers me. It's such hack way to tie up loose ends and make their lives difficult.
>>
>>160513172
Imagine being forced to slurp this up. You'd choke as the gooey mess made its way down your throat. Then, the sticky-sweet taste of saliva and rice would linger in your mouth. I tiny bit of rice would be stuck to your teeth, and you'd gently edge it off with the tip of your tongue, only to have it completely dissolve in contact with your own oral juices. You'd burp, and at first you'd taste the rice, but then you'd taste something else, something overwhelmingly sweet, similar to your own taste, but not quite the same to the point you recognize it as foreign. Each time you'd eat rice, you'd somehow taste this same taste again; it would never leave you.
>>
>>160513942
Finally someone who is talking with a sense. Exactly THIS.
>>
>>160512596
>>160513861
Shinkai made me whine and beg like a dog by conditioning me with his previous works. The tension and terror I felt as that movie drew closer and closer to its end and the feeling of relief that hit me at the end.

I'll concede that the movie wasn't that great by whatever critical or academic metric you like, but goddamn if it didn't hit me right in my raw nerves and work its magic on me in that moment. I was pike putty in Shinkai's sweaty nip fingers.
>>
File: 1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What a slut.
>>
>>160514108
>hit me right in my raw nerves and work its magic on me in that moment
In this end, this is all that matters.
>>
>>160514134
>>
>>160514252
Did she marry the guy who slashed her skirt?
>>
>>160513791
Don't why why she would be sarcastic in that situation.
>mother looked below average
She looked fine.
>>
>>160514289
When Taki marries Mitsuha, does he have to take over the shrine?
>>
File: FW.png (538KB, 864x720px) Image search: [Google]
FW.png
538KB, 864x720px
>>160514134
Why do women call men "dicks", but then the next are seen taking the dick?
>>
>>160514455
What shrine?
>>
>>160513790
It is a silly argument, but I feel it's justified. The point of subtitles is to translate. I feel like the (feminine) (masculine) translation is better than (watashi) (boku). The only other translation is the "a guy... a gal" one, which flows the best in English but is practically script writing. I'm undecided, but I definitely prefer either of those over (watashi) (boku).
>>
File: 1501269099409.png (202KB, 447x840px) Image search: [Google]
1501269099409.png
202KB, 447x840px
>>160514010
Lewd.
>>
>>160514492
I thought young people in Japan are no longer getting married. Is this film propaganda?
>>
>>160514010
It's distilled afterwards you dolt, that's just the starter she's chewing.
t. brewfag
>>
>>160514572
It really only matters if you're showing the movie to someone else, because most people who watch anime regularly would get the joke without much translation. With that in mind, it would be marginally better to just use the localized joke (guy, gal)
>>
>>160514726
P R O C R E A T E
>>
>>160514490
Good point, I guess that tradition's gone now.
>>
>>160514492
Glad foureyes didn't get cucked.
>>
>>160514726
>>160514857
SHUT IT DOWN
THE GOYIM KNOW
>>
File: 1492133372299.webm (651KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1492133372299.webm
651KB, 720x405px
>>160514956
>>
File: GettyImages-471434180-new.jpg (248KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-471434180-new.jpg
248KB, 1500x844px
>>160514857
>yfw birthrate spike following successful subliminal marketing campaign in the anime industry
>>
>>160515054
We all know they fucked in the inn.
>>
>>160515148
No, they waited for marriage, idiot.
>>
File: 1501397141819.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501397141819.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
>>160514956
Technically Taki's the one who got cucked.
>yeah I didn't do anything
>except fuck your bitch
Based.
>>
>>160514492
>>160514956

Tsukasa's like the type of friend who succeeds in life better than you do (multiple job offers, gets Okudera, etc...) but you can't really hate the guy because he genuinely does worry about you as a friend (follows Taki on his wild goose-hunt out of worry it's a scam, doesn't force him to stop when they hit a dead-end on the search).
You would think he probably gets with Okudera because of their shared preference for Taki (Mitsuha)'s feminine traits.
>>
File: a have a gift for you.jpg (59KB, 735x386px) Image search: [Google]
a have a gift for you.jpg
59KB, 735x386px
>>160503580

>"I conveniently forget a space rock wiped millions of people two years ago, The Movie"

is Taki really dumb?
>>
>>160515467
Too dumb to notice dates apparently. Suspend that disbelief!
>>
>>160515467
At most there are a few thousands or so at Mitsuha's shitty village.
>>
>>160515555
Barely a thousand in most small villages, sometimes just hundreds and mostly just seniors.
Nice digits.
>>
>>160515467
Didn't they sort of try to explain that it was part of the "memory loss" thing.
It happened around the actually bullshit "shit is getting deleted from my phone magically" moment.
>>
>>160515722
Yours are nice too.
>>
File: mitsuha cake.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuha cake.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Best girl. Much better than that deaf bitch form that other movie.
>>
That scene where she spills the white stuff was hot
>>
>>160516374
>the white stuff
The chewed rice? Have you not seen the movie?
>>
I-is it a sin to have loved both Kimi no na Wa AND Koe no Katachi?
>>
>>160516523
It just mean you're an indecisive asshole.
>>
>>160515467
It was a little town in the middle of fucking nowhere. Do you even remember what towns in Japan got hit by the last tsunami? Or where the last flood in America was? I sure as fuck don't.
>>
>>160515322
What subs are these?

>>160516147
WHY DOES EVERYBODY HATE SHOUKO FOR FUCK'S SAKE
>>
File: your name 01.jpg (642KB, 1898x1066px) Image search: [Google]
your name 01.jpg
642KB, 1898x1066px
>live in peaceful, lakeside village surrounded by mountains
>in a hillside villa
>have your future laid out right infront of you, whether you choose inheriting the shrine after granny, there is always mayor daddy who can net you a job at the office or something
>still somehow manage to complain about not living in a city

i never fully realize the meaning of saying "grass is greener on the other side of the fence" but this is definitely it
>>
>>160516729
>dislikes the shrine because it sets her apart from her asshole classmates
>has had a serious problem with daddy since mommy died
>wants something new and different

It's like you weren't even paying attention or have any sympathy
>>
>>160507042
This points out and translates a lot of stuff in the movie. Good read.

https://pastebin.com/JjdH7CZu
>>
>>160516858
can't have sympathy when all i have is envy
>>
File: alrightcat.jpg (31KB, 628x676px) Image search: [Google]
alrightcat.jpg
31KB, 628x676px
>>160516902
Reasonable
>>
>>160515467
It was only 500 people, and that was also kind of the point since Japan doesn't give a fuck about rural areas.
>>
File: your name 02.jpg (412KB, 1906x1070px) Image search: [Google]
your name 02.jpg
412KB, 1906x1070px
ORA KONNA MURA IYA DA
ORA KONNA MURA IYA DAAAA

TOKYO E DERU DAAAAAA
>>
File: realtiredofyourshitmitsuha.png (103KB, 310x306px) Image search: [Google]
realtiredofyourshitmitsuha.png
103KB, 310x306px
>>160517294
>"Sure, kid, but you're gonna end up getting it through awkward body swapping, then go through a one-day heartbreak before getting killed by a meteor. Don't worry, though, musubi and the Tokyo boy will make everything better."
>>
File: values.jpg (27KB, 562x133px) Image search: [Google]
values.jpg
27KB, 562x133px
>>160516523
There's only two options.
So choose - if you are heterosexual, decisive man that is going to form a healthy couple with traditional japanese girl and make few children, or you are slimy, geeky faggot who would step into pile of broken, stinky, deaf shit.
>>
File: bloodydisgracelewyn.png (8KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
bloodydisgracelewyn.png
8KB, 210x210px
>>160517531
>if you are heterosexual, decisive man that is going to form a healthy couple with traditional japanese girl
Except I'm not Taki and I would never steal his girl.
>or you are slimy, geeky faggot who would step into pile of broken, stinky, deaf shit
Except I'm not Shouya and I would never steal his... I dunno if Shouko's his girl, actually, but I ship them, anyway.

>self-inserting as characters
See pic-related
>>
File: mpc-hc64_2017-07-30_18-08-11.jpg (901KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc64_2017-07-30_18-08-11.jpg
901KB, 1920x1080px
Taki never notices that Mitsuha has the same ribbon that he wears as a bracelet. Initially I thought that Taki just never came across it, but on a rewatch I noticed she keeps the ribbon in the same place where she keeps all her other hair ties, including the green band that Taki uses to tie up the ponytail. There's no way he didn't see "his" ribbon, but at the time he probably didn't think much of it, if at all.

I don't recall them showing where Taki puts his ribbon, but it's not hard to imagine that might just have never stumbled across her ribbon. It'd definitely have more significance to her than it would to Taki.
>>
>>160517294
Why did she specify that she wanted to be a boy?
>>
>>160517705
Taki has almost no reason to assume that it's a one-of-a-kind ribbon, so that makes sense.
And Mitsuha is never seen wearing it when in Taki's body, so it's reasonable to assume that she never found it.
>>
>>160503360
Is this the gurren lagann of 5cm per second?
>>
>>160517774
She's really withdrawn and less assertive when not around her friends, and leaves her venting for when pretty much nobody else is around. She probably thought that being a boy would allow her to do whatever she wanted.

Worth noticing that Taki also notices this problem and takes steps to correct it by kicking stuff down and wearing a shit-eating grin when in her body. It's great.
>>
Somebody post the Keit-Ai poster
You know the one
>>
I lost track how many times I replayed the ending sequence. This version of Nandemonaiya made it perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puhy3uHSfFY
>>
>>160505533
Kyoanus fags at it again.
>>
>>160518256
Shut up, Miyazaki shill
>>
>>160518323
>Miyazaki
>>
File: flipping.webm (658KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
flipping.webm
658KB, 1080x1080px
threw together this album of reaction gifs
http://imgur.com/a/HAHFo
>>
>>160503360
would have been way better as a 1-cour tv series
>>
>Don't cling to Tsukasa!

What did he mean by this??
>>
>>160510564
>>160509788
This
>Wake up in a strangers body
>"where the fuck am I? let me just google it"
>>
>>160514134
Okudera has "I have sucked many dicks" written literally in her face. Im glad Taki got over his crush and ended up with cute and pure Mitsuha
>>
File: 1409572127790.png (167KB, 306x273px) Image search: [Google]
1409572127790.png
167KB, 306x273px
>>160518401
>gifs
>unironically linking reddit
>>
File: taki & mitsuha scales.jpg (360KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
taki & mitsuha scales.jpg
360KB, 1536x2048px
Who's going to buy the scales?
I'm kinda leaning towards just Mitsuha over both of them though.
>>
>>160519100
i'm going to by rope and hang myself
recommend you the same thing
>>
>>160519100
You gotta buy them both
Otherwise Mitsuha would be unhappy!
>>
File: 2017-07-30_18-51-36.webm (2MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-30_18-51-36.webm
2MB, 700x392px
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2bORWF1s58

This movie has a happy ending yet still makes me feel like shit probably because I'll never experience such happiness or fulfillment in life
>>
>>160519100
That quality looks...questionabe. You'd think with all the money they made they could at least make them on par with anime figurines
>>
File: chibiha happy.jpg (37KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
chibiha happy.jpg
37KB, 720x720px
>>160519684
Keep fighting the good fight, anon. Learn to take care of yourself and others, and be open to changes in life.

>>160519885
I think they could make madder profit if they sold them as prize figures.
>>
>>160519100
It's a shame those look kinda plain. Maybe it's the unflattering lighting but I would have expected more texture in the hair and clothes.
>>
>>160520077
Yeah, it's almost Happy Meal's toy-tier, just really shoddily made. Suffice to say, only dumb gaijin normie """weebs""" would fall for it and think it's amazing, since any anime merch is gold in their eyes
>>
>>160519437
Most beautiful armageddon ever.
>>
>>160516677
>WHY DOES EVERYBODY HATE SHOUKO FOR FUCK'S SAKE
Because she is fucking useless.
>>
>>160516677

HDChina
>>
>>160520790
Don't bully the disabled.
>>
File: 1500209207491.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500209207491.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>160520819
>China
>>
>>160520888
If she had killed herself like a bitch, it would have fucked up Shouya even more, poor guy didn't deserve that level of stupid cunt drama.
>>
>>160517774
Left over from the "dream" she had.
>>
>>160520975
For a period of time, maybe.

She saw herself as constantly making his life miserable while she was around.
>>
>>160521282
KnK was just unbearably filled with worst girls. That much is certain.
>>
>>160521680
Well that is true.
And worst teacher.
>>
>"We are you going to be full blown criminals!"
Yeah, dude it's not like they are going to send you to jail for some childish prank with fake evac broadcast

>he ACTUALLY blows up the fucking power plant
DUDE FUCKING WHAT? when i was in highschool i played video games in my free time holy shit
>>
File: smug.jpg (77KB, 590x371px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
77KB, 590x371px
>>160513443
>He doesn't have real life ad blocker.
>Being this pleb.
>>
>>160521776
>tfw you've become a terrorist
>>
File: 1501304035931.jpg (313KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501304035931.jpg
313KB, 1920x1080px
>>160521776
Tessie was a true friend
>>
File: showdown.png (6KB, 803x301px) Image search: [Google]
showdown.png
6KB, 803x301px
>>160503360
>>
>>160522810
And how do they compare to Evangelion?
>>
>>160522810
embarassing
>>
>>160522810
>a 6 for the soundtrack
Absolute plebs.
>>
>>160522810
>soundtrack
>6
Are they fucking kidding?
>>
File: 160569912756.jpg (449KB, 1500x2202px) Image search: [Google]
160569912756.jpg
449KB, 1500x2202px
>>160518003
>>
>>160522960
>>160523146
Guess they don't like Radwimps
>>
So was drinking that sake an indirect kisu?
>>
>>160523308
Finally someone gets it
>>
>>160523308
It was fucking gross, that's what it is
>>
>>160522960
>>160523146
I'm sorry but there isn't any composition which has caught my ear. Everything's so generic. Even that pop-rock song which goes after they've figured out they're swapping bodies. Even Angel Beats' opening is better than any composition from this movie's soundtrack. Not to mention Disappearance which in terms of melodies and orchestration surpasses Kimi No Na Wa by a light year.
>>
>>160508500
From a grammatical standpoint, it's an incomplete sentence therefore tone implies the rest. In this case it was a question obviously (I just did not add the question mark mid sentence).
>>
>>160523308
Much lewder than that. It's why she freaked out when he told her he drank it. He literally drank her saliva.
>>
>>160523382
It made be a bit hard.
>>
>>160513366
>ew other cultures are weird and icky
>>
Done rewatching.
The plothole of the dates not matching up felt a lot less noticeable on rewatching, actually it is explained away through the "switching is like dreaming"-thing. It's cheap but technically there is no hole there.

The visuals were amazing, after having seen only a bad rip before.

The OP was kinda spoilery, I wonder how much people who first watch it figure out by watching it, I think I must have skipped it on my first viewing because I was having a feeling that it was gonna spoil something.
Also on the OP: The animation and visuals felt worse than the rest of the movie.
They should have just left the OP out in my opinion.

The pacing is a little bumpy, it doesn't feel like one cohesive experience rather than 3 episodes which is intended but the episodes feel too disjointed, especially the first and second. I think giving the first episode more time would have solved the issue.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie more on rewatching due to the quality of the rip and not having too high expectations.

The movie is great but doesn't come close to Spirited Away in terms of artistic vision and plot / writing. It is overhyped but still a great movie.
>>
>>160514010
Was making me hard part of your plan?
>>
>>160523382
The fermentation process would have killed anything.

No worse than considering that the majority of what you eat has drawn nutrients out of shit to grow.
>>
>>160505533
This post is accurate.
>>
>>160521776
>not meddling with explosives as a kid

Well your childhood must have been fun
>>
>>160523385
Did you not listen to 御神体?

>>160523463
>The OP was kinda spoilery, I wonder how much people who first watch it figure out by watching it
The OP is kinda spoilery, but then if you pay attention before the OP it should be obvious that they save the town somehow.
Of course there is this, which is junior high Taki with high school Mitsuha and then it changes to high school Taki with short hair Mitsuha and the rope around them, but you sorta need to know the story before you can grasp the significance of that.
>>
>>160503360
This was pretty good. Animation and visuals are godlike, best I've seen since ever. But I was totally confused at the end, everything seemed fucked up to me. I was wondering "wtf is going on". Did he, like, go backwards in time to save Mitsuha's village. Because in Taki's main timeline, Mitsuha's village is destroyed and all the inhabitants are dead, including Mitsuha. But then he time travels and helps her evacuate everyone and a new history is formed where Mistuha and all others survive. Is that it?
>>
File: 1501234258464.jpg (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501234258464.jpg
226KB, 1920x1080px
>>160515102
The sooner the better, the last thing Japan needs is the kind of mass immigration that destroyed the western world and getting their birthrates up would shut up the retards advocating for it.
>>
>>160523980
Pretty much.

>beginning monologue
>i am always searching for someone, something
>ending monologue
>i was always searching for someone
Best line.
>>
>>160523980
I think The Garden of Words had better visuals, but that's my taste
>>
>>160524096
Except there is no spike. Japan is done for, it's over. Anime is dead as we know it.
>>
People keep telling me that Japan has a birthrate problem but I just don't see it.

Maybe it's just the big cities pulling the country down. Every where I go I see young mothers, sometimes with three or four or more young children.
>>
>>160523980
It was a sakugafest, now I kinda regret not watching it at the cinema. Certain scenes like the Tiamat fragment leveling the town should have been great on the big screen.
>>
>>160524444
>three or four or more young children
That is an uncharacteristically high number for a developed nation. Are you sure those aren't just primary school teachers taking kids somewhere or a parent looking after some of their friends kids?
>>
>>160524444
Schools are closing and being condensed across the smaller towns and rural areas of Japan because few children are being born and many of those who are are moving to the big cities as soon as they can.

That said, Japan's birthrate is currently 1.46, which is significantly below replacement. If they could just get it back up to replacement (2.1) they'd be fine. It's a small country without a lot of natural resources and a high population as it is so there's no need to grow it.
>>
Did the Japanese BD release have English subtitles or something? I'm not sure which release to download.
>>
>>160524532
Nii-sama's release.
Don't listen to other anons who'd tell you otherwise
>>
>>160524466
It was pretty good, the sound direction was also pretty great. Made excellent use of the system in the Atmos cinema I saw it in, low rumbling bass to really make you feel the oncoming doom of the comet.
>>
>>160524532
I got the remux on rarbg
>>
>>160524532
mtbb typesetting is got tier

things like phone messages and stuff always seemless and in the right place
>>
File: embarrasment_01.png (794KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
embarrasment_01.png
794KB, 864x648px
>>160524562
>rarbg
>the absolute state of /a/
>>
>>160524933
sorry ill make sure to get my torrent from piratebay next time
>>
>>160524933
One of us has a remux and you don't
>>
File: 1501245898388.png (94KB, 323x381px) Image search: [Google]
1501245898388.png
94KB, 323x381px
>>160522380
>>160521776
>>160522264
You expected any less from Tess?
>>
>>160503580
Yea it kind of made it unrelatable with the seemingly random memory losses when it helped make the drama better. I mean then what was the whole movie for? None of them remember anything about eachother in the end, or maybe they only remember a little bit, or maybe they only remember acting on feelings? Who knows.

The memory loss part doesn't really add anything to the story and only takes away from the feels they could have achieved.
>>
File: 61377895_p0.jpg (182KB, 593x879px) Image search: [Google]
61377895_p0.jpg
182KB, 593x879px
>>160525252
Did you start being a faggot 5 years ago or were you always like this?
>>
>>160525379
You're fitting in!
>>
File: 60247334_p0.jpg (80KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
60247334_p0.jpg
80KB, 320x320px
>>160525422
And I didn't even had to buy a pass to do that!
>>
>>160525453
If you weren't so incredibly new you'd know you didn't have the option to show the pass until a couple months ago.
>>
>>160524516
I said sometimes, I'm not saying that is the average.

It's pretty obvious when it is primary/nursury school groups.

>>160524530
>many of those who are are moving to the big cities as soon as they can.
It's more this. The children go to the cities and don't come back, so the small town population dwindles.

That's not really a problem unique to Japan though.

Their problem is probably more that their population is too high and this is more of a process of righting itself. The problem is that the governments have invested a shit load into being able to continue supporting a growing population, and the population stopped growing, so they're trying to get their investment to pay off.
>>
>>160525479
What does that have to do with anything
>>
File: i was prepared for trouble.jpg (11KB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
i was prepared for trouble.jpg
11KB, 200x199px
I've seen this two times now (nyaa download) and the first time I was so happy at the ending because they were setting it up like 5 centimeters a second bullshit ending but thankfully we got a happy ending

the second time (5 minutes ago) the hollow feeling when an anime so good is over sets in. im depressed now anons, what do?

thankfully they are gonna show in cinemas in my country soon and im gonna go watch the glorious Mexican dub version and simultaneously support the original and the local anime production.
>>
>>160525522
Use your brain.
>>
>>160525636
>thankfully they are gonna show in cinemas in my country soon
Where and when?
>>
>>160525687
Mexico August 4 Cinepolis
>>
>>160525782
Holy shit next weekend, better buy my ticket
>>
>>160525252
I thought the same at first, why have this story if they are basically strangers at the end?

But a major theme in the film is fate, that red string he has in the comet flashback. It's fun to imagine all the complex things that could cause something like love at first sight, which the stair scene looks a lot like taken at face value. So now I enjoy the story as an exploration of that idea that these sorts of connections are not spontaneous.
>>
File: hora hora.webm (603KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hora hora.webm
603KB, 1080x1080px
>>160522380
>>160525075
>tmw your manly crush suddenly tells you to blow up the local power plant
>>
File: DFy2gxwUAAA2V9h.jpg (477KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DFy2gxwUAAA2V9h.jpg
477KB, 1536x2048px
Have this picture with no context.

You're welcome.
>>
>>160524530
I wonder if they'll eventually get a disillusioned tail end generation like Children of Men.
>>
File: pageflip.webm (500KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pageflip.webm
500KB, 1080x1080px
>>160518401
I tried
>>
File: what's this.webm (800KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
what's this.webm
800KB, 1080x1080px
>>160518401
>gifs
>>
>>160526467
It's worth at least one (you)
>>
>>160526604
It was the low-hanging meme and an excuse to learn how to edit video
>>
>>160523930
Honest opinion.
If you saw these two shots for the first time again would you think that Mitsuha was also older in the second?
>>
>>160526796
Well she does look much more developed in the second photo.
>>
>>160507593
that's fair enough -- I just hoped someone was as excited to see those as I was
>>
>>160525034
If you think that remuxes are going to give you the best quality, you know nothing about how autistic anime encoders are. Please trust in good encoders to give you a better quality video than the raw source at a much lower filesize.
>>
>>160527696
You never lose information when you don't reencode
>>
>>160527856
He's talking about them encoding with antialiasing filters and such to "improve" the quality.

Fact is remux is the source, all reencodes are a departure from the source. Some try to improve it, some just try to compress it.
>>
File: 02_123.jpg (255KB, 1124x1600px) Image search: [Google]
02_123.jpg
255KB, 1124x1600px
>>160516858
Mitsuha's mom is the one who suffered the most not being able to be there for them
>>
File: 02_121.jpg (302KB, 1124x1600px) Image search: [Google]
02_121.jpg
302KB, 1124x1600px
>>160528053
>>
File: 20170729_190025-1512x2016.jpg (420KB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
20170729_190025-1512x2016.jpg
420KB, 1512x2016px
>>160503360
So is the 4k an upscale? I honestly just got so excited with the movie that I ended up getting the collectors edition without confirming it.
>>
>>160528113
No one knows.
>>
>>160525782
>>160525860
HOLY SHIT I checked my tiny city's cinepolis and it's gonna show, never thought it'd happen. Thanks anons for reminding me, my shitty city didn't even show Koe no Katachi or Madoka
>>
>>160528113
There are rumors that it's a 2k source and 2k->4k upscaling is better than 2k->1080p, but nobody knows for sure.

The best way to tell would be to run them both side by side on identical 4k TVs.
>>
>>160528113
You tell me
>>
>>160513942
>The relationship overall is a brilliant back-and-forth between how two people get comfortable enough between each other to say they love each other

Like I said, so what? Literally every teen romance plot ever.
>>
File: 21602348.jpg (52KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
21602348.jpg
52KB, 960x540px
>>160503360
>not a shitty bittersweet end
Then we watched two different movies

How both of them losing memories of their body swaps, getting closer and finally falling in love with each other not tragic?

They end up together, but they don't remember anything expect feeling of looking for someone, that's just fucking sad

Memories are everything, musubi my ass
>>
File: 20170730_221304-1639x3023.jpg (530KB, 1639x3023px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_221304-1639x3023.jpg
530KB, 1639x3023px
>>160528128
>>160528183
I guess time will tell when other weeabos with proper equipment.

>>160528186
I wish I could. This is the first time I fell for the 4k meme. My highest rez monitor is 1440p plus I don't even have a drive that can read the disc.
>>
>>160528668
>plus I don't even have a drive that can read the disc.
At least you still get the movie on BD in the collectors edition.
You can play BDs at least, right?
>>
>>160528668
Any modern digital animu in 4K is a joke, only older series remastered from 35mm film are worth this
>>
>>160507839
thanks for the translation
>>
>>160516870
thanks for the collection anon
>>
>>160528764
There's only so much detail you can recover from 35mm and 4k isn't it.
>>
File: 20170730_223045-2931x2136.jpg (907KB, 2931x2136px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_223045-2931x2136.jpg
907KB, 2931x2136px
>>160528741
>You can play BDs at least, right?
Yes, ever since PlayStation 3 was a thing I got BDs and upgraded my pc to play them.

Its just like >>160528764 said. Even some 1080p anime are just upscaled versions of their 720p counter parts, so I've been waiting on getting anything above 1440p even though I have a pc that can back up 4k content.
>>
File: 2017-07-30_23-35-31.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-30_23-35-31.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>
File: 2017-07-30_23-38-35.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-30_23-38-35.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>
>>160529052
Why do they master 35mm films in 4k then?
>>
>>160529246
I hope the US version has a special edition with a nice case like this
>>
File: chibiha mad.jpg (268KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
chibiha mad.jpg
268KB, 1000x1000px
>>160529246
Now I feel like a piece of shit for only ordering the 3-Disc Special Edition set. I didn't care for the 4K or the script or the bookmark, but goddamn that case looks so good.
>>
>>160529355
Because it's always better to master higher than your target output.
>>
>>160529458
Don't feel bad, I did the same thing.

I don't regret it that much. I still sunk nearly 10k yen into it.
>>
>>160529535
how much is that in burgers?
>>
>>160528668
>My highest rez monitor is 1440p plus I don't even have a drive that can read the disc.
I'm in the same position but I still think the 4k edition was worth it. The next step down was missing a few bonuses as well, not just 4k. I still haven't gone through the little booklet.
>>
>>160529569
1 dollar is 10.1 yen so about $90
>>
>>160529535
I'd like to have the collector's edition but I didn't want to drop $100 and then $20-30 more on shipping for just one movie.
>>
File: mitsuha up.png (499KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuha up.png
499KB, 1280x720px
>>160529535
>>160529605

I was willing to pay $90 for the 3-Disc because the 5-Disc costs like 14K yen. I'm more interested in a fully-expanded artbook (the official visual guide had some, but not everything completely detailed) than the pocket script, but that case in >>160529246 looks really beautiful the closer you look at it. Sigh, I guess I'll just keep my eyes out for new merch.
>>
>>160518244
>not available
heh...
>>
>>
File: 773.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
773.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>160529990
the style they used for this sequence was fantastic
>>
File: Screenshot_20170730-231149.jpg (123KB, 1078x503px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170730-231149.jpg
123KB, 1078x503px
>>160529458
>>160529690
Yeah I was imagining myself being in your position when contemplating the purchase so I bit the bullet. Plus you never how limited this things will get. I'm still regretting not being aware of Clannad back when the BD box was released or having the extra cash to get the gurren lagann box set.

>>160529599
I flipped a few pages of it. It has nice illustrations and a bit of everything. Hoping someone scans it to use some it as wallpapers.
>>
>>160507839
>Gunma
So we finally have an anime there that's not Initial D
>>
>>160529569
About 60 mcdoubles.
>>
Why Mitsuha and not Mitsuba?
>>
It looks great but after 2 mins im starting to considerate hiding the subtitles so I can spare myself from the shitty romance story and just look at the shiny wallpapers.
>>
File: 780367406623449089.png (516KB, 1754x1299px) Image search: [Google]
780367406623449089.png
516KB, 1754x1299px
>>160530956
how much is that for non muricans
>>
>>160531141
When I was trying to read the lyrics in the opening, that was the first time I kinda understood what normalfags mean when they say subtitles distract from the movie. I never had a problem anytime else, but that took a bit of pausing.
>>
>>160527696
There's no improving this source. It's pretty much perfect. Stay away from anyone who filtered it.
>>
>>160524749
Yeah, but translation fucked up.
>>
>>160531044
Because Japanese has different readings. 葉 can read as ha, and ba. In most cases it's ba when it's used as second sign in word.
>>
>>160531919
This. But 10bit reencodes are ok if no filtering was used. It's not worth to keep 25GB file when 3-5GB looks exactly the same.
>>
>>160531677
Eh, I don't remember Taki ever considering Sayaka cute.
>>
>>160523385
you sound like a faggot. Disappearance using Satie is not impressive if you're older than 16.
>>
>>160523385
Angel Beats' opening is pretty good, but there are parts of it that are literally just wall of noise. They threw every instrument in at the same volume and let them fight over your ears.
For that reason alone the four songs from Kimi no Na wa are better, and that's not bringing the BGM into the mix which were masterfully composed and very fitting in their use during the movie.

I'm afraid you just can't approach this objectively. Granted, I also need to go back and listen to the Disappearance OST again, and probably watch the movie again, if I were to judge between the two.
>>
Why is the DVD 50 dollarydoos on Amazon? I originally watched it on a plane and liked it enough to buy it but that seems like a ripoff
>>
>>160533682
That's the usual price.

Don't like it? Too bad.
>>
File: ika sad.png (364KB, 496x522px) Image search: [Google]
ika sad.png
364KB, 496x522px
>looking up at the sky after shitting a stream of tears
>these bitches that my father gave me always left me in despair
>>
File: 1492085565475.jpg (194KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492085565475.jpg
194KB, 1280x720px
>>160532715
well maybe he has a thing for ponytails?
>>
>>160534461
>720
>>
>>160534483
Worse, clearly the old rip too.
>>
File: 16076868539.png (176KB, 409x500px) Image search: [Google]
16076868539.png
176KB, 409x500px
>>160532386
Yotsuba somehow sounds better than Mitsuba
>>
How's the kuchirukia encode sub job?
>>
File: 1472869821507.png (323KB, 415x587px) Image search: [Google]
1472869821507.png
323KB, 415x587px
Public announcement >>160374003
>>160374164 >>160374323
>>
>>160503360
How the fuck is this still screening?
>>
>>160534773
It's THAT good.
>>
File: 00.29.37.jpg (554KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
00.29.37.jpg
554KB, 1920x1080px
>>160534461
>>160534483
oh, right I totally forgot about MTBB
>>
File: 1495553731514.jpg (155KB, 722x575px) Image search: [Google]
1495553731514.jpg
155KB, 722x575px
Can't believe anime fans are so fucking infested with shit taste that they would call this melodramatic, mediocre piece of work "glorious".

The worst part is the animation. EVERYTHING only happens in the foreground. The rest is just your typical Shinkai pretty backgrounds, which are mostly just static. This person, this director doesn't fill scenes with life and minor things going on in the background. There's ONLY EVER the story that happens on he surface.

You people really have no fucking idea what "good" means. But after only being fed with moe garbage for years i'd develop shit taste too probably.
>>
>>160535098
>doesnt make waves
>>
>>160535156
Elitists like you are the cancer of community.
>>
>>160535319
>Elitist

???
>>
>>160535156
>EVERYTHING only happens in the foreground. The rest is just your typical Shinkai pretty backgrounds, which are mostly just static. This person, this director doesn't fill scenes with life and minor things going on in the background. There's ONLY EVER the story that happens on he surface.
Says the person who didn't watch the movie.
>>
File: 59131968_p0.jpg (350KB, 1350x1690px) Image search: [Google]
59131968_p0.jpg
350KB, 1350x1690px
>>
File: 248912f09401d42c4be43e71.png (240KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
248912f09401d42c4be43e71.png
240KB, 700x700px
>>160535318
well fuck
>>
File: Remembrance.jpg (232KB, 850x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Remembrance.jpg
232KB, 850x1512px
>comet is called "Tiamat"
>"Ti amat"
>Ti is the accusative form of the Latin word "tu" which means "you"
>The noun being in the accusative means that the action in the verb is being directed at
>"Amat" is Latin for "he/she loves"

>The comet that hit Mitsuha is literally named "He loves you."
>>
>>160535412
MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A COMET
>>
File: 1411618841908.png (1022KB, 1000x401px) Image search: [Google]
1411618841908.png
1022KB, 1000x401px
>>160535412
>>
>>160535412
>Tiamat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiamat

I have a feeling it has more to do with this.
>>
>>160503360
I just watched it yesterday myself.
There are multiple plot holes to force the story, but the final product is undoubtely amazing.
Pretty sure no first-time viewer could expect the tragic discovery.
>>
>>160535485
Huh. I'm not very familiar with Mesopotamian mythos, actually, so I had no idea.

I'm reading this, but having a hard time telling what the connection to the movie is, outside the name being the same. Do they just give comets random names like hurricanes (ie Katrina)?
>>
File: EoB6wsG.png (12KB, 428x293px) Image search: [Google]
EoB6wsG.png
12KB, 428x293px
>>160535696
Yes.
>>
>>160535696
It's more about being a symbol of godlike chaos and creation, which is a bit part of what the meteor did.

It's a bit of a stock name at this point in fiction, usually associated with dragons.
>>
Easily Shinkai's worst.
>>
>>160535098
>Misuzawa
Should be Miyamizu.
The ones at the bottom are in the LN, should be something like:
>Middle of nowhere / Shrine maiden? / Mother seems to have passed away / Dad living separately / Not many friends / Has boobs
>>
>>160535452
berserkeeeer
>>
>>160535156
>doesn't fill scenes with life and minor things going on in the background

except there always is something going on in the background, whether it's natural occurence such as wildlife or lake glittering in the sun or people, like bunch of boys playing soccer in the distance

you're either literally retarded or you're posting about a film without actually watching it
>>
File: Screenshot_20170628-232921_01.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170628-232921_01.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>160524096
>tfw I don't want mass immigration for Japan, so it's still a nice country when I can move there
>>
>>160516729
I know what you mean, I'm pretty jealous of rural, mountainous Jap land. Top tier.
>>
>>160535696
Comets are usually named after the first person who calculates their orbital period.

So names like Tiamat for comets are pretty unlikely. In fact, even knowing the orbital period of the comet in Kimi no Na wa would be pretty unlikely, considering it is such a long period and the last time it came past was around AD813.
>>
>>160535993
>>160535964
At least all the immigrants will stay out of the rural areas.
>>
>>160536020
>stay out of the rural areas
mfw to accomodate immigrants cities will become hives so large that rural areas won't exist anymore.
>>
>>160519100
>I'm kinda leaning towards just Mitsuha over both of them though.
You can't separate them, anon.
>>
>>160536341
You can really pick out those Newtype illustrations a mile away.
>>
>>160536395
Not possible. That would require massive deforestation which Japan has resisted for centuries already.
>>
>>160536614
>Not possible
Please, don't look at the past to adapt a suitable future, just to cool down your fears.
It's all based on economics and societal choices.
Whenever a govern chooses one side over the other, whatever past that country may have lived, it can easily be eradicated.

Japan, as many other western world countries is undergoing a population loss and lowering birthrates; unless the issues on financing welfare and services for an aging population are toppled in any other way, some governs may seek masses of unskilled labor just to squeeze out some tax income from them.

It's a drastic solution, but a choice that any country could make, if its finances become so disrupted and unstable to not allow keeping services.

It's sad, but in a hive-world kind of future, food can be phased out through chemicals, while housing can't.
Humans need space to move and work, and that will eat up your precious countryside.

That's also the reason why, unless countries are ready to commit genocide on hyper growing areas, such as India and Africa, sooner or later that mass of people will forcefully find their way out of their shitholes to you, more than what is already happening nowadays.

Say bye bye to woods, lakes, flowers and grass. And say welcome to concrete giants, pollution, smoke, trash and cancer.
>>
>>160536864
No, seriously, Japan wouldn't do it.

They'd build up, not out.
>>
File: Anon was not prepared.png (41KB, 1337x618px) Image search: [Google]
Anon was not prepared.png
41KB, 1337x618px
>>160537001
Screenshotted your naive shit.
We'll see in 100 years what level of faggotry you embodied today.
>>
Did they ever switch when she was on her period? If so, that’s way too lewd.
>>
>>160537326
>lewd
There's nothing lewd with female mestruation, just a large bloody mess and abboyance.

If you believe that groper-kun would have NOT already gotten a complete picture on what kind of body he was dealing with, you are fooling yourself.
Already going once in a bathroom is plenty.

I'd check your brain if you think otherwise, after witnessing how he loves groping them pais.
>>
>>160537326
Probably. They were switching for about a month and two or three times a week.
>>
File: 784134.jpg (873KB, 2844x1600px) Image search: [Google]
784134.jpg
873KB, 2844x1600px
>>160516147
>>160516677
Shouko didn't have to wait 5 years just to get laid tho'
>>
File: 1494101589131.png (207KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
1494101589131.png
207KB, 403x433px
>>160537733
I mean, 8 years
>>
>>160519684
It's fiction. This level of "happiness" or "fulfillment" isn't even achieved by movie stars, billionaires or world leaders - maybe sports stars or astronauts, and that's only a maybe. Seek help and re-evaluate your fantasy vs. reality barometer.
>is expecting to find soul mate after time traveling, body swapping with them, and saving them from Armageddon.
I mean really anon. get out of the house, go ask a cute girl out and go camping - believe me, it's much better than the anime which will taste stale in comparison.

This is the sort of shit that is driving the divorce rate up and the birth rate down.
>>
Why were they switching bodies?
>>
>>160537733
That just makes Mitsuha even better.

>>160537933
Musubi.
>>
>>160538033
>Mitsuha
Implying they didn't fuck som others, to fill that emptiness in their sould, while on the search for what they actually desired most.

It's quite self-evident that people looking for something, while not knowing what they are truly looking for, will try multiple experiences in the random occurrence to find something, anything, that may satisfy them.

In their search, it could've been dicks or vags, or drugs or self-harm.
>>
>>160538118
>Implying
No, outright stating.

It is completely obvious from all the source material.
>>
>>160538155
>source material
Le Jew source material teaching white goyims not to breed, while africans outbreed the human population into famine and despair.
>>
>>160538290
Oh so you're form /pol/. That explains the obsession with cuckolding.
>>
>>160538290
Whatever.

It is a work of fiction. Whatever the material states is canon whether you believe it is realistic or not.
>>
The fact that they fell in love for no reason bothers me.
>>
>>160538656
They experienced the other person's life in the most intimate way possible.
>>
>>160538727
Still doesnt make any sense
>>
>>160538867
Anon, have you ever considered that you might be autistic?
>>
I hated the ending, but the worst about it is that we never get to hear the joke
>Taki grabs Mitsuha boobs
>he says "They feel bigger in your hands..."
>>
>>160538867
>literally living the other person's life can't possibly be enough to fall in love with them!
Anon, pls.
>>
>>160538656
Same. People like to say you don't need a reason to fall in love but you actually do. Not exploring that reason makes the movie out to be a pretty boring love story.
>>
>>160539026
see >>160538727
>>160538895
>>
>>160539026
The reason is simple, through living the other person's life they came to care about them.

The problem is that people want a "moment" or "action" that caused them to fall in love and that's bullshit.
You don't need that.
>>
>>160538656
>>160539026
>they fell in love for no reason

Really? Do you really not see how literally living the other's life can for a very strong form of caring and bonding?
>>
>>160539141
Well, even if you need that, having someone die is a pretty good reason to realize how much you care about them.
>>
File: 81iKN85OuPL.jpg (452KB, 2425x1491px) Image search: [Google]
81iKN85OuPL.jpg
452KB, 2425x1491px
>>160529246
God that casing is fucking beautiful, I can't wait for my copy to arrive.
>>
>>160539207
That would help you realize, but wouldn't be how you fall in love.

>you died now i love you!
>>
>>160539133
Just because you know literally everything about a person doesn't mean you'll love them.

>>160539141
Not a single "action" or "moment" but at least flesh out the characters enough to where we know precisely the reason why they love each other, like relating Taki with Mitsuha's dad or tying Mitsuha in with some sort of ambition that Taki has. SOMETHING that catches the other's interest.
Though, I will point out that a boring love story doesn't necessarily mean a bad movie. Tamako Love Story is one of my favorite anime and the love story there is pretty dull too, its just not about the love story itself and more about Tamako dealing with change.
>>
>>160539281
Here is a few
>Taki immediately treats her family like his own, calling Yotsuha his little sister and her grandma his
>they get along with each other's friends/ peers when they switch
>they think alike enough to figure out communication and what they expect of each other fairly quickly

there is lots of this stuff
>>
>>160539281
>Not a single "action" or "moment" but at least flesh out the characters enough
I'm pretty sure that entire shows are based around the fact that love doesn't grow from single actions and moments, but from familiarity and intimacy.
>>
Movie was alright, mainly was more impress by the visuals. Surprised the male mc wasn't cucked at the end, though 8 years would be long enough for Mitsuha to be willing to give it a shot with a new guy in Tokyo as she got older like any college girl would. But ultimately not work out because she's thinking of someone special out there she can't remember in the back of her mind. Was there a novel? Wouldn't surprise me if Shinkai wrote some details about a relationship or two that she had during that long time gap.
>>
>>160538727
Still doesnt make any sense

>>160539141
No, that's not it. They never even met, how can thet fall in love
>>
>>160539352
I'm talking more like
>The passive Mitsuha felt exhilarated learning and seeing how other students treated her after finding out Taki intimidated her bullies in her body, which turned her onto Taki's short-tempered yet righteous behavior which snowballed into love
or some shit. I can't even make headcanon for Taki because he gets literally zero development throughout the entire film.

>>160539356
You are correct, but there is generally a spark of some sort. Take Tamako for example, Mochi initially fell in love with Tamako because when you are very small you tend to fall in love with the closest girl to you that's not your mom, and Tamako initially fell in love with Mochizou because the loss of her mother left a huge hole in her heart and Mochizou stepped up to console her and filled that part of her.
Its not the most exciting story but it made sense.
>>
>>160539577
>No, that's not it. They never even met, how can thet fall in love
Anon, pls.
>>
>>160539579
I get what you're saying and that's where the movie fall short, because all "getting to know each other" scenes were rushed as fuck.
While they were swapping they exchanged messages, learned about each other and saw how people around them were better off with the influence of the other.
I think that's reason enough, I disagree that love has to grow as a "response" from something like your examples suggest.
>>
Also felt the love between the two was a bit sudden. Probably Shinkai's weakest romance work so far.
>>
>>160526467
I hate that I get this
>>
>>160539834
It wasn't really that sudden but it also doesn't really make sense considering they both lost their memories and we can't really understand what that means.

Apparently they can still recognize eachothers faces but couldn't remember eachothers name? These memory loss rules don't make much sense, seems fairly arbitrary considering Mitsuha also looked pretty different grown up so how would Taki recognize her?
>>
Anywhere I can find MTBB subs but better translated?
>>
>>160540525
eh, it's like every time they got a glimpse of each other a strong feeling of deja vu and longing settled in, it's not recognition.
>>
Why the MC had a bandaid in his cheek?
>>
wait hold on...was that the Garden of Words teacher?
>>
>>160540926
Yes.
>>
>>160540786
Try watching the movie.
Senpai says that he's easy confrontative but weak, implying he got beat up by some other assholes like the ones who wanted to start shit up in the restaurant
>>
>>160540525
Didn't you listen to Mitsuha's monologue?
>>
File: download_0_o.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download_0_o.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>160541181
>we'll know that I was the one inside of you
>>
>>160504436
>"ONLY MASTER CAN TOUCH"
>>
Why was the whole class intimidated when he knocked the table over in art class?
>>
>>160541860
Because that is such a thing Mitsuha would do any day.
It's not rocket science
>>
>>160541888
Yea but they were really fucking freaking out.

Almost as if she had killed someone.
>>
>>160541913
>quiet, collected mayor's daughter girl in class is suddenly kicking over tables (LOUD) and staring menacingly

I would have done the same, you just don't expect someone to act so out of character out of nowhere
>>
>>160540525
MUSUBI
>>
>>160519437
Wait, so did more than one meteor actually hit the town?
>>
>>160517294
Heh, so it wasn't just me who remember that song in that scene.
>>
>>160542118
Well, a few small ones hit around the town by the looks.
>>
>>160539579
>Taki gets literally zero development throughout the entire film.

More like zero character at all. The only thing we know from this dude is he want to be an architect and somewhat short-tempered.
>>
>>160542269
>I can only understand character traits that are explicitly stated in the movie
>>
>>160542315
List some then.
>>
I just wish that they would have used only instrumental songs.
The RADWIMPS stuff unfortunately only took me more out of the movie instead of pulling me further in.
>>
>>160542359
It's just an over-glorified Radwimps PV after all.
>>
>>160542356
>I can only understand character traits that are explicitly stated in the movie or explicitly stated by an anon

Are you a literal autist?
>>
>>160542359
RADWIMPS did everything in the movie.
>>
>>160542443
Wait, I will amend this.

RADWIMPS at least wrote all the the music in the movie. Some things, like 御神体 had a strings group play them but were still written by RADWIMPS.
>>
>>160542439
Haha, so you can't. This is like when the RLM guys tried to describe Star Wars episode I characters
>>
>>160542489
Why would I attempt to describe something in words when you can just watch the actual movie and see a more accurate representation of Taki's character?
>>
>>160542315
Which is kind of funny since he never acts short-tempered in the entire movie except for perhaps kicking over that desk.
>>
File: musubi shitposting.jpg (589KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
musubi shitposting.jpg
589KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>160542577
Well there is that one when he called out mitsuha's father.
>>
>>160542637
truly zen

from now on i'll indulge myself fully in the tranquility whenever i shitpost

:^)
>>
>>160542483
Hold on, do you know this or just guessing? It's not very uncommon for movies to have insert songs written by an artist and then the guy who composes the main music incorporates some of the musical themes from those insert songs into the OST.
>>
>>160542667
To a lesser degree you see particularly in his expressions and his voice getting pissed at Mitsuha wasting his money and changing his relationship with Okudera while Mitsuha's expressions are more complaints at what Taki is doing.

But there's just not enough interaction shown with people outside his work and friends circles to show him losing his temper and picking fights aside from those times in Mitsuha's body.
>>
>>160542860
In the OST the Strings Arrangement is credited to them.

Of course, other people are credited as well, you're pretty much not going to have a group of three do all of everything for a film OST, but they're credited for every track.

And in the making documentary see they working on some of the piano BGM as well.
>>
>>160542359
Yea they ruined alot of the scenes with their vocals but absolutely nailed the ending though so it makes up for it.
>>
>>160503360
Just watched this

This is just a worst and more melodramatic version of 5cm. Visuals are great, amazing, but holy shit this story.

>Let me fall over and just give up on life mere feet away from my father's office to try and save everyone, the thing I have been doing for hours, but then all of a sudden see the words "I love you" and decide oh yeah I should keep trying to not die by meteor impact

>Random girl tells me her name and gives me a ribbon. I keep the ribbon but forget her name? Even when the name shows up randomly on my hand years later?

>I forgot that a meteor killed this town when it was on the news everywhere

>Let me flirt and joke about sake with this ghost chick instead of immediately telling her that a meteor is going to kill her and her town, which is why I am dealing with ghost magic in the first place on this god forsaken mountain

>I dont see calendars. Or full dates from hundreds of texts. On my smartphone. Ever.

Ghost magic deletes all of my diaries specifically made by the ghost magic. At this exact moment near some random town. Because ghost magic.

Ghost magic gives me amnesia but then doesnt but then it does again

Ghost. Magic.
>>
>>160543172
>Yea they ruined alot of the scenes with their vocals
If you want to blame anyone for that then blame Shinkai because that was his decision, not theirs.

I think the songs are fine though. Sparkle, in particular, was masterful.
>>
File: 1501295326386.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501295326386.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>160542722
Would you not?
>>
>>160543324
>Let me fall over and just give up on life mere feet away from my father's office to try and save everyone
Taki biked and ran up a mountain, she ran down the mountain and then ran half way around a lake in just a few hours, and she wasn't very athletic. She was fucking exhausted and it's obvious in the way she is running when she trips and falls hard on a fucking road. Of course she's not going to just jump up after that.

>Random girl tells me her name and gives me a ribbon. I keep the ribbon but forget her name?
>i'm definitely going to remember a name i heard once three years later, especially when, in that time, ill go to a new school and have to learn a few hundred more names

Kinda granted. Musubi.

>Let me flirt and joke about sake with this ghost chick instead of immediately telling her that a meteor is going to kill her and her town
He tells her about it though. He tells her everything she needed to know. How is this even an issue?

Musubi.
>>
>>160503360
>And finally not a shitty bittersweet end
The end was the worst part of that movie.
Life is not that fucking nice.
>>
>>160543324
Worst part is they ended it when the fun was about to begin.
Everyone knew they would be together from minute one, so this is one of the movies that "what matters is the journey, not the destination" but the journey is lackluster as fuck.
>>
>>160543491
The ending felt so fucking contrived it physically hurt.
>>
File: 1449127919920.jpg (86KB, 524x392px) Image search: [Google]
1449127919920.jpg
86KB, 524x392px
>>160543480
>i'm definitely going to remember a name i heard once three years later, especially when, in that time, ill go to a new school and have to learn a few hundred more names

Why the fuck wouldnt you when you have a ribbon on your wrist from her for three years. You dont remember all those people in high school because you do normal things with them. This girl just randomly shows up, knows your name, and gives you a ribbon and her name when you asked for it. You would remember this. Anyone would

>He tells her about it though. He tells her everything she needed to know. How is this even an issue?

Because they dont know about ghost magic. How does he know she knows? Thats why he went back in time was to let her know, or at least do what she should do if he gets to stay in control for the full time.

I mean look, hes in control of her body, he tries out the plan, but then decides to grab Tessie's bike to go to magic rock. Because shes there in his body? Why? Why would you waste time going there, and what are you going to find there?

Then they switch again once they meet at ghost magic rock, and they decide to flirt about sake. Fucking why, you dont know if youre going to go back into her body at the end of twlight. You dont know even know that twilight is significant to ghost magic.

Fucking ghost magic.
>>
Mitsuha's child bearing hips
>>
>>160543710
Out of all the bullshit in the movie, the name remembering is the part that doesn't make sense to you? I mean, for one, it was a crowded train. And I've received plenty of stuff from people, and don't recall their names. It's not that uncommon, you know.
>>
>>160543710
MUSUBI
U
S
U
B
I
>>
>>160543710
>Of course she's not going to just jump up after that.

Youre right, everything you have ever known and loved is about to die in space fire

Better chill a bit. Running's tough!
>>
>>160543086
Oh. That's pretty neat.
>>
File: 1449126754049.jpg (42KB, 340x277px) Image search: [Google]
1449126754049.jpg
42KB, 340x277px
>>160543788
>It's not that uncommon, you know.

People on the regular that you dont know come up to you and say your name?

Wish I could live the anime life bro
>>
>>160543324
>frodo.jpg
>>
Is love real?
>>
>>160543897
No, its just a dopamine addiction.
>>
>>160543866
Sure, Haven't you been in high school? Plenty of people knew me, but I either forgot them or never met them. Sounds like you weren't very popular, anon.
>>
>>160543897
No, but keit-love is.
>>
>>160543788
>>160543866

Also

>Out of all the bullshit in the movie, the name remembering is the part that doesn't make sense to you?

I just gave you a list of bullshit that I dont understand

Dont ignore my bullshit
>>
File: 1360338733383.jpg (107KB, 572x334px) Image search: [Google]
1360338733383.jpg
107KB, 572x334px
>>160543923
>Wish I could live the anime life bro
>>
>>160543710
Some people aren't very good with remembering names, anon.
I can't remember names for shit, like I have to hang out with someone for a week or two if I wanna embed their names into my head.

Regardless, I can't see why you can't put the whole "can't remember the name" thing aside when that' was supposed to be the point.
>>
>>160543897
No, musibi is.
>>
>super realistic and detailed backgrounds
>anime as fuck simple character designs
Why?
>>
File: 1324007198214.png (6KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
1324007198214.png
6KB, 284x284px
>>160543987
This is not some coworker you are meeting. This is a meeting out of fantasy that anyone would recognize as strange and memorable. He says it as soon as he meets her that shes weird, and then keeps a ribbon from her and puts it on his wrist.

Every day.
For three years.
This is not the same

>Regardless, I can't see why you can't put the whole "can't remember the name" thing aside when that' was supposed to be the point.

>that' was supposed to be the point.

I also for one forgive anything and everything a film does horribly when I already know what the point of the film is supposed to be.

The point is the goal, not the journey, right?
>>
>>160544120
Real people are ugly
>>
>>160543923
fuck off normalfag
>>
File: Yotsuha.png (1MB, 1051x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuha.png
1MB, 1051x1059px
>>160534597
Teenage Yotsuha a cute.
CUTE!
>>
>>160529990
>>160530017
Is it bad that I actually tear up every time I see this scene?
>>
>>160544370
>make imoto character
>she's better than main girl in any way

what did they mean by this???
>>
>>160543940
I'm not the one you were replying to, and obviously I don't think the movie is perfect. There's plenty of points to attack it on, but I think nitpicking these plot points is silly. It's just Eagles all over again.

He remembered that a meteor killed people in Gifu, the rough area. He doesn't remember the specific town's name, because who does? In 2011 a Huge tornado in Missouri killed 200 people. I don't know what the town that got hit was called. Same here.

>I dont see calendars. Or full dates from hundreds of texts. On my smartphone. Ever.
Eh, this is probably the biggest thing people bring up. I mean, they literally show the phones in the movie, which don't display dates. But setting that aside, there are environmental elements, right? And actually, if you pay attention, there ARE actually calendars in the movie that show a discrepancy in date - but you, the audience, didn't notice that. And neither did the characters, supposedly.

But more precisely, even with this magic bullshit going on, the mind doesn't instantly jump to time travel as an explanation for anything. You walk along the street, see a calendar that reads 2015. What do you think? I stepped into a time portal, or someone forgot to change the calendar?

Even when Mitsuha tells him about the Meteor, which is literally saying "I'm from three years ago," Taki just think she's making fun of him or something. Because, again, in hindsight the audience knows about the time shit, but no one would assume that.

>>160544126
You're just projecting now, anon. Some weirdo gives me a cool wristwatch, hell yeah I'll wear that. Actually, a homeless weirdo did give me a cool wristwatch once in exchange for a bag of chips. I wore that for a couple months.
>>
>>160544370
Will she eventually experience body switches as well since it runs in the family?
>>
File: 1480150014761.png (1MB, 850x1208px) Image search: [Google]
1480150014761.png
1MB, 850x1208px
>>160544408
>little sister ends being better than main girl
That shit just happens, you can't avoid it.
>>
>>160543491
I don't need to be remembered life's shittiness during my 2D escapism.
>>
>>160545066
>>160545066
>>160545066
>>
>>160541913
As the LN has it the kicked-over table had a vase (still-life model) on it.
>>
File: musubi.jpg (39KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
musubi.jpg
39KB, 800x500px
>>160543810
Musubi? Praise Hitmonchan!
>>
>>160544471
Im done listeining to your excuses
>>
>>160543782
Where?
Thread posts: 524
Thread images: 111

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.