[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched Shakugan no Shana Final. Have you ever watched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: iu[1].jpg (51KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
51KB, 960x540px
Just watched Shakugan no Shana Final.

Have you ever watched a series and just thought "What was the point?"
>>
>>160501599
>he didn't understand that Yuuji did it all to be with his waifu
You can't be this dumb.
>>
>>160501599
non-watcher here, explain please
>>
>>160501912
I understood it. It just felt completely pointless. A literal half of it was spent watching people dodge explosions and by the halfway mark the Flame Haze and the Tomogara didn't even really disagree with the plan to make Xanadu.

What's more, the rule to protect humans in the new world was established by divine intervention anyway so they were literally just fighting to fight. It could have been half as long and it still would have dragged and the ending would have been just as unsatisfying.
>>
>>160501953
The MC becomes Darth Vader to protect his waifu and bring back everybody that was erased from existence by existence eating monsters.

He didn't explain to her why he became Darth Vader so 23 of the 24 episodes in the third season were dedicated to watching things blow up and watching key characters die senselessly.
>>
>>160502028
SnS isn't a brainless battle shounen. The politics and combat strategy matters.The Flame Haze were already in a state of war with the Denizens so numerous skirmishes occurs naturally until the big decisive battle comes about.

Most Flame Haze gave up and decided not to go against Yuuji after he made his grand speech revealing his plans. But not all of them agreed and those who continued to fight do so because of the risk that could blow up both worlds. Outside help was needed draw attention and make the Denizens listen, but the Flame Haze still did most of the work to reach the desired destination, so their efforts were not in vain.
>>
>>160502897
I'm just saying that it was the most frivolous way to drive the narrative. The character interactions are genuinely engaging, the problem is that most of that is swept under the rug in favour of dragging out two large scale battles.

I enjoy watching strategies unfold, I thought it was great out the Seeking Researcher ultimately died by pure coincidence too, but too much of it was just flashing lights and loud noises. There was no repercussion to anything, the series ends with Shana and Yuji fighting for literally no reason and then kissing and making up.
>>
>>160503110
The biggest consequence would be the destruction of both worlds. That looming risk should be avoided at all cost, surely. For tangible consequences, there was major casualty losses on both sides, including several major characters (it's apparent in the novels than in the anime that skipped their volumes/chapters). And in the end Yuuji planned on punishing himself by forcing the task to mediate and uphold the laws that he helped set in the new world where there will be Denizens who won't agree with the laws so he'll always be fighting. But of course Shana boldly demands to be with him, no tells him that she will be by his side to help him, so she too will walk down that path that could take untold years to accomplish.

There's an epilogue that you could hunt down if you're interested. It tells side stories in the new world and in Yuuji's original world that takes place after the main story's ending, and I think of the stories might give you a rather satisfied conclusion that shows Yuuji is still struggling with danger and conflict, but is happy that Shana is by his side.
>>
>>160503690
I think one of the stories*
>>
>>160501599
>Have you ever watched a series and just thought "What was the point?"

This was a Final for the fans of the series. Obviously you didn't understand the key plot twist premise nor the homage it gave to villainy in other past shows. If you still persist in saying you understood it, then your statement is empty just like all those teens in high school that claim they understand the answer and continue to proceed solving things incorrectly.

The production committee took chances having the plot the way it was. I suppose they were lucky to have the TV studio support them for the fans as a way of closing out this franchise with a final sendoff instead of milking it with time and space variations like Fate does.
>>
>>160501599
>villain wins
>heroes manage to throw a small spanner in his works to ensure it does not go horribly wrong even though that probably was not necessary

>>160502028
>What's more, the rule to protect humans in the new world was established by divine intervention anyway
the god's interest still had to be roused
>>
>>160506144
>the god's interest still had to be roused
The God's interest was roused by Pheles and Johan conveniently turning into a half Tomogara half human baby. That was the only reason the Oracle intervened.

It was an entirely independent force.
>>
>>160501599
Remove Flame Haze
>>
>>160507095
I agree, Flame Haze are literally Hitler.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.