[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure how to start this thread without making it seem like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 映画「聲の形」_t00 0001.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
映画「聲の形」_t00 0001.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Not sure how to start this thread without making it seem like I am trolling but regardless.

I watched this last night and I can't make up my mind on it. I understand the story, I understand the message but as a movie it just feels flat. There's no points that really feel like a climax, even when Nishimiya is going to kill herself and while the musical score was fitting there were no really memorable themes, apart from My Generation but that felt out of place.

I still consider it a story worth seeing, but the chosen format seems all wrong. It's not something I would suggest playing on a movie night, it's not something I would see going to the cinemas for. It would have been better off a series of OVAs I think.
>>
>>160421822
It left out quite a bit from the manga. The movie was alright, but definitely not the definitive version of the story. It took out a lot of backstory and sub plots, plus it cut the ending short and that definitely took away some of the impact for me.
>>
The manga was shit, so it figures that the movie would be too.
>>
>>160422573
Do you think it was just pandering to people who had read the manga? Or was it more that they tried to adapt it but came up short?
>>
>>160421822
I loved the movie but I agree that it feels like nothing happens because there's no buildup for the climax. One scene it looks like everyone is happy and the next scene Shouko is jumping off a building. However, I don't think this was a bad thing because it's realistic. Suicidal people don't always look suicidal, and sometimes they take the "step" in unexpected moments when it feels like things are ok. Still, that scene really gets my heart racing every time despite knowing what happens, and the music is a big part of that. I disagree about there being no memorable pieces, because the song from that scene and the last one at the festival are memorable to me, but that could be because I listened to the soundtrack a lot in anticipation for the movie. The one at the very end specially has that moment everything gets louder that gives me chills every time I listen to it. The rest of the soundtack is just mostly mellow piano music but I think it fits, I don't think very song in a soundtrack has to be iconic to be good.
>>
>>160421822
Did you not empathize with the characters? It was probably the most emotional piece of fiction I have ever experienced. Its delicate with its really heavy content, yet inviting. A close friend that gets you to open up and be frank with your own problems and not be afraid to challenge them. Its too soon to say it changed my life, but it definitely has changed my outlook on it.

The OST was deliberately crafted and tweaked to go alongside the narrative of the film, it was about sound after all. It was made by the same guy who did the OST for Ping Pong too. You should give it a listen, there's a lot of different emotions in those piano pieces.
>>
>>160422895
I think they were trying to push out a movie for the sake of having a movie and making money. They cut a lot of stuff to keep it a standard length and a lot of the stuff from the manga was lost in doing so. A lot of dialogue in the manga is internal and there's little to none of that in the movie, so I feel like if you don't read the manga first you'd be pretty lost at points. A friend of mine wanted to know if she should watch the movie but I told her to just read the manga because the movie just doesn't really do the story justice.
>>
>>160423776
>Did you not empathize with the characters? It was probably the most emotional piece of fiction I have ever experienced.
Watch more anime, read more books, consume more of anything, really.
>>
>>160423845
>Watch more anime, read more books, consume more of anything, really.
I've done enough, m8. Seen almost 400 different anime, read countless books (books don't really get emotional for me in all honesty), I've even seen quite a few movies in my lifetime. Nothing had the pure emotional honesty that Koe no Katachi had.
>>
>>160423776
>Did you not empathize with the characters?
I guess I did, but it was more of a "I can understand why they are making these decisions" rather than an emotional attachment.

The teacher was the real asshole out of everyone though.
>>
>>160423923
Posting a number of anime you've watched is a mistake because elitists on /a/ will always act like it's so low that you don't have the right to have opinions.
>>
>>160423923
Guess you just have shit taste then. Can't be fixed.
>>
It's decent movie. It set up interesting character that can't shine because of the time limit. You can see the struggle of both Nishimiya and !C thought but it fells bland because of how it was written and adapted. It has great sequences though. Nishimiya voice and that ending scene from mute to environmental sound are worth the watch.
>>
>>160424036
If you think emotional attachment is a matter of taste you're too stupid
>>
>>160423998
I ask because it was an emotional journey for Shouko and Ishida (though not so much the side characters in the movie, which I think benefited from the cuts).
Plenty of climaxes in that regard. The whole movie was building up to the suicide scene.
>>
File: Baka.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Baka.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>160421822
Whole movie is worth because of this
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMB1HZhxv7A
>>
>>160424322
Why do you think they benefited from the cuts? Genuine question. I guess the movie subplot can be waved off as unnecessary, but I think the bridge scene in the manga gave the characters more substance than the movie version. Especially with Ishida getting punched, it shows off a bit more personality.
>>
What should I take from his two old friends pulling his body out of the river?

That they kinda did care about him?
That they're not scum who would leave a body floating in a river?
That they recognized him and are not scum who would leave the body of someone they were on bad terms with floating in a river?
>>
>>160424758
Not that guy but y'know, I felt they did cuts in order to fit Ishida's and Nishimiya's story more neatly in a single movie, but by doing that some of the elements that remained felt more superfluous. Though I wish they would've done even further and cut a bunch of the characters from the main group and would've instead shown more of Nishimiya's family situation
>>
>>160424931
Probably just a detail to have it so Ishida is in good terms with them as well at the end of the movie. That way he has forgiven everyone that was a dick to him and Shouko when they were young. Well, besides that scummy teacher of course.
>>
>>160424931
That even bullies can grow up to be decent people? shouldn't live in the past and judge people from their childhood mistakes? or at least that's what I got
>>
>>160425183
I mean, if that's the message then there's no point because we are already watching the story from the point of view of someone who underwent that transformation. I think it's just an implication that Ishida will have to go find them to thank them, and that they will be friends again.
>>
>>160425279
I think Ishida's situiation is different since he himself became a victim himself and learnt how terrible it was to be on other side while the other kids apparently got away scott free, since Ishida ended up taking all the blame from Shouko's bullying
>>
File: 1495641639983.png (184KB, 685x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495641639983.png
184KB, 685x1000px
>>160423776
>It was probably the most emotional piece of fiction I have ever experienced
>>
>>160425352
fug, ignore one of the "himself"s there
>>
>>160421822
>It would have been better off a series of OVAs I think.
The story is not that long nor does it need to be dragged out since the movie got the core of the story and characters down.
>>
>>160423776
I think thats why the movie worked for me because I did, they weren't dicks or perfect individuals just people.
>>
>>160426291
>The story is not that long
OVAs don't have a set length or number.

They could have made three one hour OVAs, or five 30 minute OVAs or whatever. Being in OVA form just gives more flexibility than film.
>>
The climax scene was great. The rest of the movie not so much. Characters were annoying but Yuzuru was actually a very strong and quite emotional character.
>>
>>160427507
>OVAs don't have a set length or number.
They do. They're also inconsistent in terms of time intervals that can break the flow of the story. All you're doing is complaining that it wasn't a 1:1 adaptation where it didn't need to be.
>>
>>160428011
I haven't read the manga so I can't complain about it not being a 1:1 adaptation.
>>
>>160428011
>>OVAs don't have a set length or number.
>They do.
******.ru
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.