[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kimi no Na wa.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 77484l.jpg (107KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
77484l.jpg
107KB, 424x600px
All that hype, and it's actually kinda mediocre.
Between this and that deaf girl movie, what's up with really bad anime movies being given so much positive attention now? There's plenty of genuinely good stuff out there, so why attach yourself to these kitsch-filled mishandled melodramas?
>>
The answer is that you aren't a reliable reference for good taste
>>
>>160416335
/thread
>>
File: 1493580343456.jpg (136KB, 429x518px) Image search: [Google]
1493580343456.jpg
136KB, 429x518px
One of the best parts of seeing something become popular is seeing retards go head over heels attempting to justify their hatred for it.
>>
>>160416222
>actually kinda mediocre
>really bad anime movies
You can't even keep your shitposting straight for two sentences? Seriously?
>>
>>160417312
there's no such thing as coherence when you're just trying to be contrarian
>>
>>160416222
When you call it a "really bad movie" you're just exposing yourself as a troll. I think its overrated as well but calling it really bad just invalidates the rest of your opinions.
>>
>>160416335
This.
>>
>>160416222
They may be overrated but they're definitely not very bad. I think mediocre anime movies in general tend to be overrated by normalfags because they attribute a lot of the charm which presents in the medium itself to the movie because they're not used to anime so everything is new and exciting to them. Add the fact that movies tend to have high animation budgets so the effect is stronger.
>>
This is the movie that really got me into the anime, the story itself was not the best but the art was absolutely amazing.

I saw it twice in theatres and it really was fantastic to watch just for the visuals.

Since then I've really gotten into anime and watched some great shows but these kinds of movies that normalfags overhype can be a gateway for some to a fantastic world despite others slamming it for being mediocre.
>>
>>160420658
It came out in 2016, fucking 2017 in North America. Fuck off newfag.
>>
Jesus Christ what happened to /a/
>>
>>160416222
this movie is definetly overhyped. when i watched it i expected a 10/10 masterpiece for the ages and what i got was a 7-8/10 averagely good movie
>>
>>160420658

wtf? This doesnt even register as normalfag stuff. Normalfag stuff is SAO or AoT where its wall to wall bombardment on a number of nerd sites that rarely ever feature anime and Your Name has barely been featured on their. Shinkai has been around for over a decade and has a modest fan base and became excited for a feature length AND wasnt bitter sweet. I think you, OP, and all these late to the party faggots are just stuborn assholes who refuse to jump on a bandwagon and try to be edgy by not conforming to popularity. You are already into anime, a low popularity fandom already, the only oned below us are MLP fans, Homestuck fans, and furries. It always easy to spot simple haters for this anime since yeah a story can be debatable but you cant deny the animation is far above average and good or even great with haters never offer complements.
>>
>This thread
What happened to /a/ elitism? This literally looks like MAL
>>
>>160423130
Give it another month and all the summerfags will disperse
>>
>>160423782
>Body swap plot
Literally generic love comedy movie-tier. The animation, art and backgrounds are certainly good, but that's nothing new on Shinkai films, they always had beautiful visuals, difference is that his older movies have also far better plots.
>>
probably the most "hated" anime film by contrarians that hate it because it got really popular. Its not trying to be 2deep4u to please the fedora tipping enlightened faggots like you, It doesn't suit your taste? fine.
>>
>>160424779
You make the same argument to defend something like Naruto.
>>
The movies that make the most profit or that have more box office are never the best ones the medium can offer, OP. In live action Avatar had the biggest box office in history and that movie is mediocre as fuck. Same goes to anime, Spirited Away is probably the most overrated Ghibli movie, but made far more money than anything else from the studio. Your name is just an fun story with good animation, nothing groundbreaking or special about it really, it just appeals to a lot of different people even though it will likely not speak with you on a personal level if you watched tons of other anime films.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.