[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought this show was supposed to be funny, but it's just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

I thought this show was supposed to be funny, but it's just been extremely depressing so far. Is something wrong with me?
>>
>>160414253
It gets so cringey it ends up being either sad or funny depending on whether you can relate to her or not.
>>
File: 1461885795195.png (101KB, 640x380px) Image search: [Google]
1461885795195.png
101KB, 640x380px
>>160414253
the anime is really depressing. read the manga, its much better
>>
>>160414253
It's supposed to be that way
>>
>>160414253
Isn't that the point?
>>
The manga comes off more as funny, but for some reason the same situations in the anime just seem a lot more depressing.

Shame we'll never get a season two but at least the manga is still popular enough.
>>
I have no idea how people who don't relate to her perceive this anime. I love it because I do relate.
>>
The manga become funnier and funnier the more you read but yeah, this is depressing at start. Oyasumi punpun inversed.
>>
>>160416145
The Animesuki Watamote thread was full of normalfags going "Why does this show make anyone sad? If you were a loser in high school and it hits too close to home, get over it, it was a long time ago"

I think one's own experiences aren't entirely relevant. Seeing a depressed, lonely girl is a sad thing, regardless of how similar my own experiences were or weren't.
>>
>>160416503
You're a faggot.
>>
>>160414253
>Dude it's like literally me, so cringe.
Really unique opinion you got here.
>>
>>160416854
Who are you quoting? OP clearly didn't say that
>>
>>160416503
>Seeing a depressed, lonely girl is a sad thing
Sure but not only that. For me she was also reflection of myself. I watched it when I was in a much worse state then her, and simply seeing her try to improve was inspiring. So I got positive emotions from seeing her try and I could laugh when it didn't work out or when she overanalyzed/worried about a situation because I've done exactly those things.

I didn't find the show sad because she was still trying and most of her problems weren't a very big deal, even though she certainly did think they were.
>>
File: moko.jpg (115KB, 717x322px) Image search: [Google]
moko.jpg
115KB, 717x322px
>>160414253
>>
Isn't the point of this show to make autists feel like there are cute girls out there experiencing the same depressing lifestyle as them, who they could some day meet and start a relationship with, even though in reality social fear and isolation is pretty much exclusively a male problem and the rare few times a girl experiences it she has no problem attracting a chad anyways?
>>
>>160416825
And you're a piece of shit, go fuck off and die.
>>
>>160414317
The manga's mostly funny but some chapters are just sad in how pathetic Tomoko is. Good thing it actually has her grow up and develop past being a friendless loser
>>
>>160417245
Ya basically, it was never meant to be funny, just waifuable and relatable.
>>
Read the manga and skip ahead to the school trip
>>
>>160417245
>chad
>>>/r9k/
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.