[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shokugeki no Souma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: 01a.jpg (308KB, 886x1300px) Image search: [Google]
01a.jpg
308KB, 886x1300px
>>
>>160400746
I want to fuck the chuuni.
>>
File: 022.png (394KB, 897x1300px) Image search: [Google]
022.png
394KB, 897x1300px
Laying on the foreshadowing a bit too thick in that last panel. Just like how characters were commenting on how cold it was before they revealed how Souma won.
>>
>>160400746
Am I the only one who believes Giganigga will defeat Chuuni?
>>
>>160401918
I believe there will be only one victory for this round, and Megashima is certainly going to lose. the other two are up in the air.
>>
>>160401996
I initially thought Mimasaka was the jobber until this latest chapter. Thinking closer, it's probably going to be Kuuga, just so Souma can face off against Tsukasa in the next round.

Megishima, not sure. He might job, but I feel his participation was too hyped up by that flashback that it could go either way.

I dunno, I'm bad at predicting battle outcomes in shounen series.
>>
>>160402148
>job
Stop using that word if you don't know what it means, retard.
>>
>>160400746
>gets revealed
>everyone jokes that he looks like a giant chuuni
>turns out he's a giant chuuni
>>
Every rebel will be defeated this round.
>>
>>160400746
So when Erina's turn is up that'll be the first time she cooked since that random shokugeki at the beginning right?
>>
>>160401918
Yeah.
>>
>>160403629
:(
>>
>>160400930
>>160401918
>>160402148
>>160403629
Considering they specifically stated that Giga was the rebel's strongest ally since his support ability gives each chef a shot at beating the elite 10 I think the author's gonna take him out to up the tension, which is stupid since Giga is literally the only way I can see anyone on the rebel's side beating Rindou or Tsukasa since there's no way anyone can beat them one-on-one. I know there was that whole team work montage but Since they aren't all cooking the same thing teamwork is going to be limited for everyone who isn't Giga, hell he's the best at it.
>>
>>160405271
I have faith in Giga. I believe he'll defeat Chuuni
>>
File: 1499289102731.png (176KB, 494x468px) Image search: [Google]
1499289102731.png
176KB, 494x468px
>>160405271
>Giga is literally the only way I can see anyone on the rebel's side beating Rindou or Tsukasa
>>
>>160405396
Look man, I want Giga to win too, he's my favorite part of this arc right now, but thematically it wouldn't work since the rebel's just won 3-0, they went out of their way to say he's their greatest tool in beating the top ranks of the elite 10, and he doesn't have plot armor.
>>160405531
I mean WITHOUT plot armor, cause soma only beat udon girl cause she was fucking around, how's he gonna stand to Rindou? If you had say Megashima or Isshiki with Giga supporting them then they could beat Tsukasa without any complete asspulls.
>>
>>160405271
>Giga is literally the only way I can see anyone on the rebel's side beating Rindou or Tsukasa since there's no way anyone can beat them one-on-one.
Oh please we all know Erina will beat the final shokugeki match with the help of Souma. Yes giga will probably lose this round but that won't stop the rebels from working together in subsequent rounds and winning even if they made a point of how hard that is without sacrificing your own time.
>>
>>160406152
But didn't all that teamwork building happen when they were making the same dish as opposed to when working on separate dishes WHILE doing a support role. I agree that Erina and Souma will beat Tsukasa.
>>
>>160406152
I'm leaned to a 5 vs 2 at the end, no way in hell it will be just Erina and Souma.
>>
File: elite mimasaka.jpg (604KB, 1689x1250px) Image search: [Google]
elite mimasaka.jpg
604KB, 1689x1250px
How can he be so best?
>>
>>160406310
>I agree that Erina and Souma will beat Tsukasa.
I think you meant Megumi and Takumi will defeat Tsukasa
>>
>>160406355
but with only erina and souma there are bigger chances for hugs and handholding after hey win
>>
>>160406431
I don't give a fuck and I like the pairing. It's the most bullshitting outcome.
>>
>>160406310
Yes they were working simply as sous chefs and not also doubly working on their own dishes during the training chapters but regardless they wouldn't put so much focus on teamwork in their training if it wasn't going to be the thing that earns their victory.
>>160406355
The limit per match is 3 chefs on each side. Would they even allow an uneven matchup like there being an extra chef on one side without any opponent on the opposite?
>>
>>160406431
Go read a romance manga then.
>>
Last round will be a 2vs2. Rindou will throw her final match because the arc's gone on for long enough and she's bored.
>>
Valentine Arc when?
>>
>>160406550
I don't think the limit will matter if there's just how much people is left in end but if anything I can see coming it to a Tsukasa vs Erina/Isshiki and Rindou vs Souma/Takumi/Megumi too.
>>
>>160406660
Off screenland
>>
>>160406380
He's fantastic
>>160406550
>Yes they were working simply as sous chefs and not also doubly working on their own dishes during the training chapters but regardless they wouldn't put so much focus on teamwork in their training if it wasn't going to be the thing that earns their victory.
Didn't one of the judge specifically mention in the last chapter that working on your own dish while helping others was extremely difficult and only Giga could properly do it?
>>160406597
I could actually see Rindou just fucking off at the last minute
>>
>>160400746
So Messer is a cook now?
>>
>>160406380
I now secretly want each hentai doujin of this manga to end with it being revealed this guy was the girl all along using some "ultra advanced trace technique".
>>
File: asura.png (385KB, 508x787px) Image search: [Google]
asura.png
385KB, 508x787px
Will we see Eishi, Rindou or Souma take on more than one opponent?
>>
>>160406840
>I could actually see Rindou just fucking off at the last minute
But then that'd be some bullshit plot excuse. I doubt Tsukuda is that Hax to do that
>>
>>160400930
Seriously.
The artist should just get rid of the cage if they're just gonna erase the bars every time we see someone's face.
>>
>>160403577
No, but it'll be her first shokugeki since then.

>>160402950
to be fair, he was introduced walking around carrying a sword (giant tuna knife that's basically a sword) in school.
>>
>>160406900
Rindou and Eishi, for sure and with the opponents that are left is just to ask for Souma to be raped if he does I don't mind.
>>
>>160406840
>Didn't one of the judge specifically mention in the last chapter that working on your own dish while helping others was extremely difficult and only Giga could properly do it?

Yes but they wouldn't have bothered showing Souma/Erina/Takumi/Megumi teamwork for training chapters if that didn't come back in the end. The judge can be impressed again later on by them managing to do it.
>>
>>160406840
The vast majority of Souma's cooking experience is being a sous chef. He's actually extremely good at helping others with their dishes, even if he lacks the mimicry. And we saw Takumi step up and match against Gigga's mimicry at the moon festival.
>>
>>160407053
Pretty much this. Souma, Takumi and Megumi are literally the best chefs for support so I don't understand why the "hurr hurr giga not supporting would be asspull" thing.
>>
>>160406905
>But then that'd be some bullshit plot excuse
You do know what manga this is right?
>>160406994
Fair enough, I'm mostly just a little sad we won't get to see anymore of Giga, he's a lot of fun and has a cool ability.
>>160407053
Souma is great sous chef (Megumi x Souma vs former 1st seat was part of that) but it's not with the added pressure of making your own dish, plus most of the other guys aren't as good (Takumi was keeping up with Giga but Giga's mimicry is way above Takumi's)
>>160407172
>Souma, Takumi and Megumi are literally the best chefs for support
Souma sure, but there's no reason to think Takumi and Megumi are amazing at support, sure they had a training arc but we haven't seen them do shit in a while (they got through their exam cause rindou doesn't give a fuck)
>>
>>160407423
>(they got through their exam cause rindou doesn't give a fuck)
The reason why the author made Rindou not give a fuck is because they cannot beat her in a cooking match unless because of some BS plot armor which the author didn't do. This is why he introduced Teamwork, so that they'd have an excuse to defeat an elite member now since they cannot defeat them one on one which is technically plausible
>>
>>160407423
Takumi has the same experience as Souma in restaurant and cooked along side Isami all his life and Megumi has been Souma's sous chef and support since forever. They ARE good at it

And like anon said, Takumi could do the same Souma and Mimasaka were doing in the festival in an instant while Mimasaka took days to actually trace it.
>>
File: 1499294773965.png (183KB, 391x412px) Image search: [Google]
1499294773965.png
183KB, 391x412px
>>160407423
>the chef who always cook with his brother is not good at support.
>>
Since for plot reasons I think all 3 Elite chefs will win (Satou is the only one who can still lose because Mimakasa copypaste plus that the first chef who finishes his dish usually is the one losing), what would be the pairings of Round 3, anons?

My bet:
Souma vs Tsukasa
Erina vs Rindou
Megumi vs the girl with the teddy bear
Takumi vs Satou
Isshiki vs Eizan
>>
>>160408777
>Souma vs Tsukasa already
Hell no, I think that'll get saved for the end. Plus it should still be a 3v3, I do think they'll send out at least two of Erina Isshiki and Souma next round, since it's looking like they'll get clean swept and they need to send out their strongest so that doesn't happen twice in a row.
>>
>>160408777
I also want Souma to lose, anon.
>>
Can we take a minute to talk about how retarded the villain's master plan is.

He wants to
1. Make it so only his style of cuisine is taught
2. Take out all restaurants that he considers inferior food making and replace them with his gourmet style

That 2nd part is just so retarded. I mean let's say he somehow bought out and took over all restaurants in Japan.
He wouldn't possibly have enough elite staff to fill all these restaurants. Nor could be possibly supply them with all the top shelf ingredients that his gourmet recipes require.
I mean imagine what it'd be like being a chef under his master plan rule. "Congratulations for being 1 of the 300 amazing students to graduate this year. Now I'm assigning you to my restaurant that used to be a McDonalds. Remember to only allow 15 family reservations per day, we'll only be able to send you enough supplies for you to make 15-60 platters a day."
>>
>>160409542
What about you just wait and see how the story unfolds to have a better understanding of what Azami's planning. His plan isn't that clear so it's a bit confusing getting the grasp of his plan and how he wants/ establishes it
>>
>>160409542
In Azami's mind food is pointless if it's not top quality so yeah a lot of restaurants will be shut down, I don't think he's necessarily looking to convert all restaurants just make them impossible to exist unless they meet his standards.

Also the school part of his plan makes a lot of sense. Unlike the old school system where you're basically self taught and expelled if you can't keep up, he wants to teach people how to cook along a recipe for proven success so there are much more high quality chefs out there rather than just a few god tier ones.
>>
>>160409542
It is, but from Megishima's ch, we saw how he's already putting the squeeze on the ramen restaurants to make them play ball or drive them out of business. Of course, it's overblown nonsense, but it's an overly dramatic cooking manga after all. At least no food aliens yet.
>>
>>160410808
Yeah but it is already being shown as simple memorization not teaching.

They're not learning cooking, they're learning food math.
A strict order and percentages that are absolute not questioned like it was a math problem.
>>
If Giga were to win will /a/ be happy about it or will you guys bitch about how BS it is?
>>
>>160411581
Probably both from different anons.
>>
>>160411117
And it's still more productive and preferable to the "compete with child prodigies who have been cooking gourmet meals since conception or get kicked out of school" system the old school had.

Old Tootsuki was geared towards polishing the top .01% of students with minimal to 0 actual teaching. Creativity was encouraged but you were reliant on your own knowledge and experience to just survive against other elite chefs.

Azami's version at the very least gives the kids a chance to learn by not forcing them into expulsion if they fail one of the various tests designed to slim down classes. His is built for the other 99.99% of students that aren't manga protagonists. We only perceive it as "evil" because we're following along from the point of view of the best students in their year.
>>
>>160406380
Giganigga is a miracle that needs to be protected.
>>
>>160412375
yes and no. We see the failings of his way during the promotion exams, when we see Erina watching a bunch of students struggling to understand why they have to do something a certain way, and in contrast, we see the rebels, deprived of key ingredients by corrupt examiners, being able to have enough understanding of the concepts behind what they are doing to improvise and come up with new solutions. A situation in which an accident causes an ingredient shortage is one that real chefs have to deal with. The kids Azami taught won't be able to.

Having said that, Senzaemon's system is indeed one that sacrifices 99% purely for 1%. It's entirely possible that in the future Erina may try to take the positive aspects of both her grandfather's and father's approaches and make Tootsuki an even better school.
>>
>>160413088
>Erina watching a bunch of students struggling to understand why they have to do something a certain way
Shit even an elite 10 member suffered from not understanding the hows and whys of ingredients she spent her life cooking with.
>>
File: 1501195576284.png (24KB, 136x184px) Image search: [Google]
1501195576284.png
24KB, 136x184px
>>160412457
>>
>>160400746
Chuuni is the hottest guy in the E10 at the moment.
>>
>>160407423
>there's no reason to think Takumi and Megumi are amazing at support
Did you forget the training arc?
>>160406355
Agreed. I don't see anyone losing out of those left five rebels(OT4 + Isshiki) till the final round.
>>
>>160413797
>Chuuni is the hottest guy in the E10 at the moment.
Not hard being the hottest when all his competition is Eizan, Julio and Eishi (who is not "hot", but "pretty").
>>
>>160414376
He is the hottest of all desu.
I also like Takumi and Souma, but one is pretty and I mostly like Souma when he has wet hair
>>
Will there be new chapters from Jump next week?
>>
File: 1499974894641.png (320KB, 661x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499974894641.png
320KB, 661x360px
>>160412457
Yes.
>>
>>160411581
/a/ isn't a hivemind you literal retard

That being said anybody who gets mad at giga night winning is a loser.
>>
>>160416183
>you literal retard
There's no need to be mean
>>
>>160400746
I want him to fuck me raw.
>>
>>160406380
Jesus Christ!
>>
>>160411581
I'd be ok since there's exactly 1 more available win for the rebels before the remaining ones become reserved for the 1st years on the team.
>>
File: be5.jpg (165KB, 597x563px) Image search: [Google]
be5.jpg
165KB, 597x563px
>>160400746
>>
>>160417226
Get in line.
>>
>>160408777

My bet:

Takumi vs Satou
Megumi vs Eizan

Erina vs Momo or Isshiki vs Tsukasa
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.