[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boring quizzes the animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Who is still watching this?

>not just buying electronic parts for $5 and making your own buzzer
>>
>>160393019
They probably will soon, did you even watch the episide? Also, the switches and housing is probably the expensive ones as they need to endure punch/slap and whatever player do to abuse them.
>>
>>160393268
I'm currently watching it, slowly.
>>
I really love the MC. I like how he isn't the generic nerdy MC who in a shittier show would be able to answer questions by learning random trivia from video games and anime. He is just a bookworm.
>>
>>160393660
How is MC refreshing in any way? I don't see it.
>>
>>160393019

Niche gear always costs stupid amounts. Think about what a competition-grade buzzer kit would need to be able to do to satisfy quiz autists:

- Must be able to discern microsecond differences between button presses
- Ties must be detected (no player priority)
- Cables must be designed to give no advantage to any player
- Buttons must be able to withstand 10k+ high-force button presses without visible damage

Electronics-wise, you're probably looking at around $30 in parts for the control box if you're not cost-optimized. The buttons are probably going to cost $20 each minimum, which includes a $3 quality speaker and a $5 quality microswitch, $2 for stupidly expensive (*cough* amphenol *cough*) connectors and $5-$8 for overpriced cables. All up that's $110 for the electronics, which might seem insane but is pretty normal for low-yield products.

Casing is just as bad. The control box can be an off-the-shelf $5 jiffy box, but the buttons need to withstand hundreds of sweaty-palmed giant apes literally punching them, relentlessly, for hours on end, over years of service. The plastic will have to be something like glass-fibre reinforced nylon, so you're looking at like $10 a part alone, giving $45 per kit. Then add another $90 for tooling costs, since you're looking at a minimum of 3 molds (unit base, unit top, switch button) at 12k a pop amortised over an expected lifetime volume of 400 units. Then add another $50 for a briefcase with custom foam insert to package your product in (because these things need to be portable).

So you'd expect the cost price of a buzzer system like that to be $295, so selling it at $450 (50,000 yen) gives you roughly $150 of 'profit' (assuming you're selling it directly and not through a retailer, assuming you're storing the assembled products on your own property, assuming you're doing the assembly and packaging yourself, assuming you did all the product design and marketing yourself, etc.).

In short, fuck engineering.
>>
>>160393660
But he is a generic nerdy MC and has talent for it, if you can even call that talent. This kind of MC is nothing special.
>>
>>160394365
Did you mean: Crack is cheaper?

http://web.archive.org/web/20101228221544/http://tvtropes.org:80/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrackIsCheaper
>>
>>160394563
Last version with the entries:
http://web.archive.org/web/20101208063918/http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrackIsCheaper
>>
>>160394509
The anime at least doesnt do the usual trash "mc has the most useless ability/skill or weakest in school!" bait. MC is 100% running rather than this season 50%man.
>>
>>160393019
That OP is fucking godly.
>>
>>160396435
I need to concentrate on listening to the OP next time.I just left it running on the background while watching it weekly.
>>
>>160393019
>>not just buying electronic parts for $5 and making your own buzzer

why do you think they introduced the electronics shop class nerd last episode?
>>
>>160399148
So her only role is a 5 minute scene where she builds a buzzer?
Brilliant.
>>
>>160394509
>>160393921
He feels like he would be the sidekick, while the dumb otaku friend would be the MC in a more generic anime.

Maybe it's just sort of refreshing to see an nerdy/beta MC who ISN'T an otaku.
>>
>>160400231
He is bordeline otaku, just not an anime/manga one.
>>
Maybe I should pick this up. I still have fond memories of eating lunch with the school quiz team because they had their own microwave. I ended up getting extra credit because teachers mistakenly thought I was on the team.
>>
>>160399865
she gets paid with 3 years worth of free lunch lunches from MC. so she gets a reason to hang around and make quiz nerd girl jealous
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.