[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evangelion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: shinjigetinthefuckingrobot.png (983KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shinjigetinthefuckingrobot.png
983KB, 1920x1080px
>year ago
>watch evangelion
>thisisactuallyass.mp3
>year later
>watch shit ton of analysis videos on it
>rewatch
>my new favorite anime
it's my favorite anime because how much it made me think while rewatching it. also it was really enjoyable after actually understanding everything that was happening. is that pretentious as fuck?
>>
>>160390144
It is pretentious and still a good anime
Unnecessary Freudian self insert with lack of subtlety kind of ruined it for me

It is still my top tier anime though but bit disappointed of overhype it gets
>>
It actually didn't make you think though. Some youtube video did the thinking for you.
>>
>>160390144
I watched NGE for the first time ever a month ago. It is one of the best bits of sf, of any medium, that I've ever seen.
>>
>>160390144
yeah it is
>>
>>160390857
this
>>
>>160390740
Same.
>>
>>160390144
Pretentious is a phrase that's come to be used by those working to undermine critical thought, so no, you just had the vanilla solo Evangelion journey, it get's even better
>>
I just finished my rewatch and I enjoyed the show much more, especially 25 + 26.

It's very multilayered and considering that they explain some things literally once in the span of a sentence it's sometimes hard to even realize you were having things explained to you. S
>>
>>160390144
Really, really, REALLY makes you think.

Eva is still overrated pretentious hogwash with a terrible MC. Nice OST though.
>>
>>160390144
You are dumb if you need to watch a bunch of videos to understand a series.

>Pretentious
Pretentious is a anything that clain to be "culturated and refined" while it isnt. Gainax never made those claims. Anno wanted it to go on the shounen time slot.
Having unconventional story isnt being pretentious.
>>
>>160401457
I wrote it wrong: you are dumb if you need videos to LIKE the series.
>>
>>160401494
The initial phrasing sounds correct. You are dumb if you don't understand. On the other hand if you like something because other people like it you are not necessarily dumb, just a tool with no personal opinion.
>>
>>160390144
Is the best
>>
>>160390740
I dont know man
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.