[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Angels Beat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: angelbeets.jpg (69KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
angelbeets.jpg
69KB, 640x360px
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this was a great show that could have been a lot better if she would've remained the antagonist a few episodes longer...
>>
Or if like, the show had gotten a few more episodes in general. But yeah I thought it was definitely a good concept, but execution was lacking.
>>
I'd be a lot better if the whole series was a cour longer. The story didn't get time to breathe.
>>
File: img000010.png (2MB, 2029x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000010.png
2MB, 2029x1200px
Hinata was a better main character.
>>
>>160384862
It was, and Charlotte was surprisingly much worse than Angel Beats. Fortunately, Angel Beats has a manga series that expands a lot on the history of the Shinda Sekai Sensen (Heaven's Door) as well as a new manga to be released on August 30, The Last Operation.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-27/angel-beats-the-last-operation-manga-launches-on-august-30/.119382
>>
>>160384894
>the show had gotten a few more episodes in general
This seems to be a running theme with Maeda's anime originals
>>
>>160385116
To be fair, he's a visual novel writer, and it takes a lot of time to get used to the smaller "canvas".
>>
File: Cuz9_LGUAAAXKtP.jpg (123KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Cuz9_LGUAAAXKtP.jpg
123KB, 1200x675px
when i saw this (about 19 characters) and realized there were about 13 episodes, i had a feeling we'd end up with some severely underdeveloped characters
>>
>>160385714
Let's make a simple list of their known background, left to right.

Irie and Sekine: Joined Girls Dead Monster after Iwasawa and Hisako first founded it.
Takamatsu: First seen with a friend who disappeared during the sports festival.
Matsushita: First name is Godan (wordplay of 5th rank in judo). Most of his past was explained in 1st Beat of the VN.
TK: Found by chance, was considered a savant in dancing.
Ayato Naoi: Presumed as one of the non-Angel users of Angel Player and the only one with a non-combatant superhuman ability. His life had a background of having to replace his more talented deceased twin brother.
Yuzuru Otonashi: Lived most of his NEET life to take care of his sickly younger sister Hatsune. When Hatsune died, Yuzuru strove to become a doctor to help others. Was caught in a train accident and tended others despite of injury; he agreed to donate his organs upon his death. His heart was later transplanted to Kanade.
Yuri Nakamura: Was involved in a robbery and witnessed the death of her siblings. Denied that her death is caused by a suicide.

Continued.
>>
this show was pretty shit but I'd like to cum in yuri's thigh-highs
>>
>>160386167
Kanade Tachibana: Recipient of Yuzuru's heart. Implied that this only extended her life enough for her to feel indebted for the donor. Spent a prolonged period in the Afterlife in search of that donor and became the school's Student Council President.
Noda: Implied to be a NEET who loves a lot of fantasy games. Was found in a cave system near the school, where he warned Yurippe of a "final boss" (i.e. Shiina) deeper into the cave.
Hideki Hinata: A failed catch on a decisive game of baseball started his quick descent into depression; was involved in a vehicular accident.
Yui: Involved in a vehicular accident that left her a quadriplegic. As a result, in the Afterlife, she wanted to do a lot of things. Became a member of Girls Dead Monster after Iwasawa disappeared.
Ooyama: One of the founding members of the SSS. Known for being mistaken for an NPC.
Fujimaki: Nothing much is known about him. Among the things he wanted was "to be remembered".
Masami Iwasawa: Co-founder of Girls Dead Monster. Belonged to a family with a shaky foundation, with her parents often fighting, and one injury caused by one such fight would later cripple her movement and speech. Music was her escape from her family problems.
Hisako: Founder of Girls Dead Monster. Belonged to a certain band, but stopped playing the guitar when their lead vocalist committed suicide. Iwasawa made her rediscover music again.
Takeyama: Seemingly distant, people do not know that he also blogs about his life.
Shiina: An assassin from an unknown time, she stayed in the deepest part of the cave system near the school complex. She joined the SSS after her defeat in the hands of the founding members and Kanade.
Yusa: A man-hating girl with violent tendencies that remained past her death. To put her personality in check, Kanade used the Angel Player on her.
>>
>>160385175
He's done enough knows to know wtf he's doing

Anyway the show was ok, not great, but not dodge-tier but it's better viewed as a chill comedy with some drama inbetween. The ending was fucking horrible and they really didn't know what to do with Tenshi
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.