[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A man who's spent his entire life training and learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: Master_Roshi_Anime.jpg (28KB, 350x471px) Image search: [Google]
Master_Roshi_Anime.jpg
28KB, 350x471px
>A man who's spent his entire life training and learning martial arts and ki control can't fly.
>A teenage girl who practices a bit of martial arts learned how to fly in a day.
Explain this shit.
>>
He can't look up skirts if he's above the women.
>>
>>160376700
>>
>>160376720
This and there are people who were born with more power than Goku was like Piccolo Jr. Shit, Frieza's been able to blow up planets since the day he was born.
>>
File: flight.png (139KB, 408x182px) Image search: [Google]
flight.png
139KB, 408x182px
>>160376720
>Implying flight doesn't have its own perks.
>>
So when is Roshi going to croak?
>>
>>160376700
Turtles can't fly, but devils can.
>>
>>160376700
Did he ever try to learn?
>>
Bukujutsu is a crane school technique you baka
>>
>>160377239
Never.
>>
>>160376700
>A man who's spent his entire life training and learning martial arts and ki control from people that can't fly
>A teenage girl who practices a bit of martial arts learned how to fly in a day because she was taught by someone who can fly
Same reason why Chiaotzu could fly when he was only 15 in his introduction, and why Tien could fly at the same time. They were taught how be someone who knew how.
But how did Master Shen learn how to fly? Who trained him? I'm sure there are thousands of amazing masters and fighters in the Dragon Ball world that were never even thought up.
>>
>>160376700
The fuck?
He can fly, have you even watched DB?

>inb4 floating doesnt count
>>
>>160376700
Flying ruined Dragon Ball.
>>
>>160378344
No it didn't.
>>
IT'S A CRANE SCHOOL TECHNIQUE YOU STUPID NERD
>>
ROSHI AINT BOUT BRANE SCHOOL BLOOD GANG SUWOOP
>>
Flying is a huge stamina drain, so its not super helpful for Roshi. Look at early DBZ where even Goku used kintoun instead of flying to save strength.

Plus you cant fly on ToP anyway so it doesnt matter
>>
>>160378477
Correct, beamspam did.
>>
>>160378344
>>160378477
>>160378791
both did
>>
>>160378529
>>160378568
Both this.
>>
i swear he was flying in Revival of Freiza.

maybe he was just jumping high, hovering, or falling slowly?
>>
It doesn't matter since in the most important battle in Dragon ball history, he isn't allowed to fly.
>>
>>160379343
Nah, just jumps. The way he moved on the ground and relied on his staff kind of reinforced the idea, considering how he and Jaco were the only two characters depicted running about like that.
>>
>>160377239
He's canonically immortal.
>>
>>160378529
Yeah but Piccolo flying isn't crane school.
>>
>>160376779
Gag character
also
>Implying Super is canon
>>
>>160381130
Has anybody else even learned Piccolo/Namekian flying?
>>
>>160377597
no, but he was aware of the technique because the crane hermit knew it and taught it to his students.
>>
>>160376700
he had a cloud he could ride on so he never needed it plus why would you want to learn to fly when you live on an island just big enough for one house?
>>
>>160376700
Poor writing
>>
>>160376700

there is a dimension out there where toriyama is considered a hack for giving gotenks trunks insta SS

of course a grownup realizes he knew most of the audience isnt autistic enough to nitpick about something in a gag manga, and he wanted to show the aesthetics of chibi super saiyans
>>
Daily reminder he's Jackie Chan
>>
>>160385126
Don't be stupid, he has hair, Roshi doesn't.
>>
File: 2242542.png (283KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2242542.png
283KB, 640x480px
>>160385126
Who is that, sounds like a lame ripoff of Jackie Chun
>>
>>160385126
>Roshi has glasses
>Jackie Chun doesn't
fucking retards. that is totally valid proof that they are different people
>>
>>160376700
Roshi just lacks the want to learn how to fly. He's content flying around on his turtle and being a hermit. If he learned to fly he would be required more places more often. He was shown able to fly in DBS while he was taken over. Just further proves he could learn if he wanted.
>>
>>160376700
Talent
>>
>>160376700
Roshi is too old for that shit.
>>
>>160376700
Because flight is a crane school technique.
>>
Puar is a ki master, that nigga been flying since everyone else was in diapers.
>>
>>160384955
A cloud he cant use.
>>
>>160382581

>implying super isn't canon

Pedro I...
>>
I forget Roshi's past, so Im probably completely wrong on this, but I feel like for the fame he managed to attain before Goku and the gang showed up, he probably figured out a lot of shit by himself. In a sense he was a genius in that regard since he had to start with nothing and figure shit out for himself without much help.

The other characters got off easy for the most part since they just go to learn from him at the start and pick up the fruits of his hard labor and experience, then just build off of it along with their alien genes and inborn genetic talents or w/e.

Flying probably was just wasn't high on his list when he was figuring out Ki and coming up with the Kamehameha. Considering Goku spams that shit out every story arc, I'd say Roshi did his job.
>>
>>160394089
oh just checked. It took Master Roshi 50 fucking years to figure out the Kamehameha. Of course he didn't have fucking time to learn how to fucking fly .He probably gives no fucks anymore at this point.

Goku just got to come along and learn it from Roshi after Roshi figured out all kinks and proper technique for it.
>>
>>160381077
because of his sister?
>>
>>160384257
Gohan probably learned from Piccolo. And by extension, Goten and Videl.
>>
>>160376700
fuck shen and fuck crane school. that's why
>>
>>160394089
>they just go to learn from him at the start and pick up the fruits of his hard labor and experience
Roshi didn't teach any of his pupils anything, not counting Mafuuba which he didn't teach Goku until in Super some decades later.

Rewatch Dragon Ball. all Roshi's training focuses on building your strength, balance, and muscle memory. he never taught ki manipulation. every single person who learned the kamehameha learned it from watching him. not just goku but yamcha and tien too.

Roshi's philosophy seems to focus on just building his pupil's core fundamentals and letting them figure out for themself where to go from there, compare to master shen who seemed to just want all his students to be carbon copies of himself
>>
>>160378190
>Who trained him?
Mutaito is the one who trained both Roshi and Shen in the art of ki manipulation. Shen figured out for himself that you can use ki like a jetpack without having to shoot a fuckhuge beam of it, presumably via trial and error
>>
>>160390291
that's what gamera jr is for
>>
>>160376700
He never bothered to learn, and old people can't learn new tricks.
>>
>>160378344
Son Goku's been flying since the first book.
>>
>>160396765
Kintoun doesn't count
>>
>>160376700
shit writing
>>
>Master Shen
Everytime I read this I want to kill myself. His name is Tsuru Sennin. At least call him Crane Hermit.
>>
>>160399349
I bet you call krillin kuririn too.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.