[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start out as a violent edgefest >become the most mindnumingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1496158246788.png (284KB, 685x347px) Image search: [Google]
1496158246788.png
284KB, 685x347px
>start out as a violent edgefest
>become the most mindnumingly boring series on the planet
How did Ishida do it?
>>
>>160351960
it's pretty edgy unless you mean post the most recent time skip which was like 15 chapters ago
>>
I still enjoy reading a bunch of chapters in one go but this shit has been so hard to follow for the past year.
>>
>>160352292
the issue following it for me is that (other then the clear unplanned twists he keeps throwing in) the art style or way hes drawing shit just doesn't help in understanding whats going on at all and half the characters look almost the same and the main difference is their hair which also just changes.
>>
>>160352424
my problem is that the mangaka thinks that character development=total different personalities. so any time the tension in the series stagnate or it just get plain boring the author throws in another kaneki trauma personality change.
>>
Did the original have as many cliffhangers as :re does?
>>
>>160353447
No, but still a large amount of cliffhangers.
>>
>>160351960
I really should've just stopped reading after the original.
>>
That's what happens when things reach the fame...

Everything that reach the top has to come back down one day.
>>
Plot became too large, too many characters.
First part was more about Kaneki's struggles, now it's all of ghoulkind I'm supposed to be worried about.
>>
>>160351960
Kaneki lost all traces of his previous character which, while infuriatingly passive, did nothing to make him likable.

At least in terms of the anime. Can't speak for the manga.

There was also Touka doing a complete 180 in personality and only caring about Kaneki. Then every episode just seemed dedicated to introducing new characters out of nowhere. Tsukiyama didn't have any screentime so he could ham it up some more. Mado was dead. Etc.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.