[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are KyoAni's animated series so digital looking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

I mean I am not hating its just that its like there's too much digital shit when the produce an anime series these day.

Violent Evergarden looks like its on steroids. I feel like when people say they have a fuck ton of budget is because they don't realize they use this eerie digital shot to make it look good.

Not to say I don't enjoy some of their anime because I loved their A Silent Voice movie.
>>
File: vrsjyq4yoe2neh4fl4xm.png (120KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
vrsjyq4yoe2neh4fl4xm.png
120KB, 636x358px
>>160339576
Because it's cheap and quick to make.

Modern anime isn't made for Japanese, it's made for mentally ill otakus because they buy all the $200 figurines. It's not really they're fault and it's the same in the United States.
>>
>>160339683
I think you have no idea what you're talking about and wanted an excuse to go off on your spiel there.
>>
>>160339845
What do you mean? Hand-drawn animation is very expensive.
>>
>>160339576
>I feel like when people say they have a fuck ton of budget

But they don't, everything they've done has had been under budget or average budget.
They don't even try high budget since it'll be a waste of money.
>>
>>160340067
I think he means that people see the effect and assume it must have required a massive budget.
>>
>Why do people think X looks good? Can't they see that X actually looks bad, because it's Y?
>>
KyoAni series look less digital than many other studios. You want something that lookd "Digital"? Watch any mecha series in the last 15 years.
>>
File: 1420421766741.jpg (9KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1420421766741.jpg
9KB, 251x251px
>>160339845
Sounds like what a $200 figure buying Otaku would say
>>
>>160339868
Both are hand-drawn though, or are you going to tell me that the girl on the right was drawn by an AI?
>>
>>160341685
Pen and paper cost more than tablet and touch-pen.

>drawn by an AI?
Calm down with the reductionist autism.
>>
File: 1435486203951.gif (668KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
1435486203951.gif
668KB, 500x470px
>>160341206
>implying
>>
>>160341765
>Pen and paper cost more than tablet and touch-pen
It doesn't
>>
>>160341765
A better dichotomy would be analog and digital, then. In any case, paper's not that expensive, just has less shortcuts in the art available, making it less time efficient even though the lines tend to come out better. Kyoani uses paper animation, they just coat it with dozens of different kinds of special effects, often employ CG backgrounds, and probably use a machine guide for some cuts, which is why their recent series look so artificial. The costs of analog come more from film, cels, and ink, none of which really exist any more.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.