[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mahou Tsukai no Yome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault-132.jpg (222KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-132.jpg
222KB, 1920x1080px
Just got back from my local theater to watch the first 3 episodes. As a non-manga reader, it feels like watching Natsume Yuujinchou in a classic victorian setting like GOSICK and Dantalian no Shoka. The story, pacing and its magic exposition are somewhat similar to Flying Witch, and the background art is stunning. Nothing much to say other than I hate Chise being so emotional, crawling-in-my-skin type girl, and I'm excited to see more of her cute interaction with Elis. Also, I want Silky to be my bride.

Thoughts, /a/?
>>
>>160338516
Just also finished it in theater too. And goddamn I feel awkward watching this heavy stuff with other people. This show only good when you sit by yourself in your own room and watched it. But I commend the art and the fucking OST, fucking OST is haunted the fuck of me out right now
>>
Up to date on manga, watched by myself.

This is damn good and emotional
>>
>>160338516
What the fuck, for some reason I thought this adaptation was a series and not a movie, I was reading the manga slowly until they begin broadcasting it, but I don't know what to say now.
>>
>>160339007
It's the first 3 episodes
>>
>>160339253
Oh, so it was a pre-screening.
>>
What local time was it for you guys?
>>
>>160339940
7pm, rushed my way to the theater after I got off from work lol.
>>
File: ee7.png (136KB, 500x187px) Image search: [Google]
ee7.png
136KB, 500x187px
Shit was fucking amazing.

If the show stays consistent it could damn well be AOTY. The music during the Flying Dragon scene made me emotional.

I didn't think WIT had it in them.
>>
>>160340016
>>160340016
Mines was at 10:30p which is bullshit.
>>
Hold on this got a series? I thought there were only the prequel OVAs
>>
>>160340134
2 cours anon.
>>
>>160338516
>Mahou Tsukai no Yome
>localized as "The Ancient Magus Bride"
As a Type-Moon fag, this triggers me to no end.
>>
>>160340146
I assume it's gonna air next season?
>>
I love this one. I actually read the manga and shiiiet. I only watched the first OVA.

Is the 2nd out?
>>
>>160338516
love you bonedaddy
>>
>>160340189
Yes during fall season,

The first 3 episodes were wonderful.
>>
>>160340207
Yeah its out.
>>
>>160340212
Positively excited then. The manga is kind of slumping along now that I don't really know what is even happening now but I loved the first few chapters.
>>
Couldn't make it to the screening at AX and didn't know about this extra screening till now. Fuck. At least I found a booth selling the Elias nendo while I was there.
>>
File: nevin.jpg (112KB, 869x656px) Image search: [Google]
nevin.jpg
112KB, 869x656px
I hope they're going to do some more work on the backgrounds, as there was some pretty bad cgi. But other than that it was fantastic. They really hit it out of the park with Nevin's scenes
>>
>>160338516
Oh wow, I didn't know that this was getting an adaptation. I'm looking forward to next season now.
>>
>>160339290
No, it's a 3 episodes OVA, a prequel to the main series.
>>
>>160341789
No, this starts from the first chapter of the manga, it's the main series that starts in October.
>>
disclaimer: i dont even really watch anime and i dont normally post here, i just heard about this "anime movie night" thing at my local theater and decided to check it out

it was pretty okay. i kinda wish they'd go into more world-building, as it's apparently normal for cute little japanese niggers to be sold into slavery to warlocks and shit. otherwise, i went in expecting a movie with a story including a build up, climax, and resolution. i didnt expect basically 3 back-to-back TV episodes of a slice-of-life about a goofy demon wizard and his slave-bride. is it worth finishing?
>>
>>160342138
Yes.
>>
File: 680735.jpg (283KB, 764x1112px) Image search: [Google]
680735.jpg
283KB, 764x1112px
>>160338516
Do Silkies approve of marriage? I don't want me interfering if she's happiest with housework.
>>
>>160340180
And witch on holy night is better?
>>
>>160340729
I swear I never noticed the CGI.

Shit is weird.
>>
There going to be any more OVA episodes?
>>
My friends in cali went to go watch it, so i just started reading it. Crunchyroll has like 2 episodes out. where does those fall into the time line of the movie?
>>
>>160338639
>watching anime with other people, at all, ever
>involving other people in your creepy, unflattering, cringey hobbies at all
What are you, some kind of confidant and self accepting faggot?
>>
>>160343509
The poppies are disgustingly CGI.
>>
So the 3 episode OVA was a prequel to the manga.

This movie is just the first 3 episodes of the anime airing in fall?
>>
File: 1488306704875.png (592KB, 914x898px) Image search: [Google]
1488306704875.png
592KB, 914x898px
>>160344155
Correct
>tfw europoor
>>
File: 123.jpg (73KB, 885x387px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
73KB, 885x387px
>>160342138
The way the world-building works in this story is by adding bits and pieces to it. So you won't have a systematic explanation of how things work in the world but instead some event or person appears and you get to know more about them and how they fit in to the world.
>>
>>160343844
Prequels, but need info from the manga to understand properly. Don't watch until you've read like 20 chapters since they happen around that time.
>>
I'm hype for the series and the OST. The music was really good.
>>
>>160345256
Thanks, a bit too late though. the deed as been done.

also what chapters is the movie over?

if it ended with the dragon scene, but the dragon scene is chapter 3 in the manga, is the anime supposed to go in order like one episode per chapter?
>>
I haven't read any of the manga, but the 2nd OVA was damn good.
>>
>>160343723
One more.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.