[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think about 2018's Anime of the year?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: CryBaby.jpg (180KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CryBaby.jpg
180KB, 849x1200px
What does /a/ think about 2018's Anime of the year?
>>
File: DCdKDymXcAAQOtT.jpg (229KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DCdKDymXcAAQOtT.jpg
229KB, 1200x900px
I can't fucking WAIT.
>>
>>160279755
To do Devilman seems like such a fucking twist in Masaaki Yuasa's career. That's fucking good.
>>
>>160279868
>Nagai still looks like from 10 years ago
>>
You mean Magipoka season 2?
>>
>>160279755
Vento Aureo was announced?
>>
>>160279755
I's gonna be overshadowed by casual shit like Jojo, Code Gayass and Kememe Friends
>>
>>160280783
I hope so, Devilman is so good for normalfags.
>>
>>160280783
>Kemono Friends
>Casual

What? Isn't it a niche meme series?
>>
>>160280783
>Netflix
>Masaaki Yuasa after TTG after Ping Pong after two films catered towards more casual audiences in a year
>Go Nagai

It's not gonna explode but it's going to be seen a lot.
>>
>>160280783
Devilman will air on Netflix so we will actually see a lot of outside opinions on this show similar to how castlevania was covered in media. Cant wait for the outrage of some specific scenes like for example Sirenes naked characters design.
>>
>>160280783
Good, Jojo is better.
>>
>>160280849
It's fuckhuge in Japan. Even segues like Suigta have Kememe avatars on their twitter now
>>
>>160280849
Its a childrens show. Otakus and kids alike loved it. Its pretty huge there.
>>
>>160281077
>the media will round up on Masaaki Yuasa George Kamitani style

I hope not, he's an ingenious director.
>>
>new devilman

YES YESS YESSS
>>160281077
Don't you mean triggered soccer moms and christian pussies?
>muh muh muh heroic demons!
>muh muh muh god is a fucking evil asshole!
>>
File: Devilman live action.jpg (152KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Devilman live action.jpg
152KB, 700x1000px
Tried to watch this the other day.
It was quite bad.
I may have cancer.
>>
>>160279755
Looks awful. I'd rather have a straight adaption of the manga instead of some pretentious garbage from a hack director.
>>
>>160281277
Oh, Shit I forgot. Is anti-christian stuff still frowned upon in murican media? They were pretty hardcore back in the 90s heard.
>>
>>160281277
>>160281464
Christfags shouldn't watch a satanic show called Devilman if they don't want to be triggered.
>>
>>160281464
>Is anti-christian stuff still frowned upon in murican media?
Yep. There's a reason why D&D and videogames all flanderize their demonic things. Just compare the look of Diablo 1 with Diablo 3.
>>
>>160281412
It will be the most faithful adaption of Devilman to date. Yuasa already said that he will 100% try to cover the whole thing till the end.
Nudity violence and all that good stuff included.

Of course he will modernize some aspects and give it his own yuasa spin, but thats a good thing Devilman wasnt flawless in its execution..
>>
File: 1347422610417.jpg (18KB, 267x295px) Image search: [Google]
1347422610417.jpg
18KB, 267x295px
>wow! this was epic XD what other Devilman shows and movies are there
>Amon: The Apocalypse of Devilman
>watch Akira's gf and her family impaled in the first 10 minutes
>.....umm wtf? That was disgusting. How could they play such a problematic series??
>>
>>160280520
Could there have been a better director suited for adapting Devilman in its entirety?
>>
>>160281837
Yuasa's weird, man, his style is just so drastically different from project to project.
>>
>>160281937
I think Yuasa's love for surrealism and deranged animation is the perfect match for something as surreal and deranged as Devilman. If he could make it faithful, and as disgusting as Kemonozume, this will be a masterpiece.
>>
>>160282177
>If he could make it faithful, and as disgusting as Kemonozume, this will be a masterpiece.
I agree, but it has been more than a decade since Kemonozume, and he's now working with flash (however, after the films the studio seems to be clearly skilled at it).
>>
>>160282177
I want him to do more Taiyo Matsumoto manga adaptations. I would kill for Sunny or Go Go Monster
>>
>>160280831
Why?
>>
>>160281333
Fuck you. That movie is comedic gold.
>>
>>160281513
Is Devilman actually that anti-christian? I mean Devils are still depicted as evil, and god doesnt do much apart from opressing and killing said demons. I guess Satan being depicted as a beautiful angel fighting for a good cause could cause some issues with people.
>>
>>160282323
What's better for Yuasa is to do radically new stuff every time. For him to do Devilman is fucking great, but I wish he did original work, even if he doesn't know how to write an ending. Kemonozume and Kaiba are very fresh shows.
>>
>>160279755
I can't wait to shitpost about this show like we did with Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong.
>>
>>160282501
Satan is objectively wrong though but he's still shown to be right because muh fedora and muh people became animals so they're worth less than animals and fuck them all
>>
>>160282501
Devils are evil for sure, but at least they can still be reasoned with. God is like the ultimate evil the wellspring of suffering.
>>
How much footage do you think will be necessary to adapt the whole thing?
>>
>>160282830
He kills devils so he's alright in my books. Should have done that earlier though.
>>
>>160279755
It's gonna be wild ride.
>>
>>160282744
Well, in the ancient times I would consider Satan to be a character fighting for a good cause. Devils lived their owns lifes according to their own rules and customs in freedom like some overly vicious sentient human beings. God came around wanted to get rid of them or force them to swear allegiance to him. And Satan was against that.

At the end of the Manga I wouldnt consider anyone to be morally good anymore not even akira.
>>
I would watch even a toilet paper ad if it was directed by Yuasa, so count me in.
>>
It probably will be anime of the year.
>>
>>160279755
I love Masaki and Devilman so when I heard about the adaptation I was hyped as fuck but I don't like this new art style at all.
>>
>>160282830
Are Devils evil though? I mean before they killed humans, they just did their own thing.
>>
>>160283078
>ancient times
They were already fucked up, wanting to live is okay but they were so bad god decided to erase them

>end of manga
Akira did nothing wrong because he did nothing at all. Unless you write him off as bad because he didn't save humanity but it seems he couldn't do that.
>>
>>160283186
Looks pretty similar to the Manga designs of the 72 version. It has that oldschool vibe going while also looking new.

Also, whats actually the canon colour for Devilman? The cyborg ova had him in green, the orginal anime too, the 80s ovas where skin coloured, the manga was all over the place.
>>
>>160279868
this.
>>
>>160283361
Are carnivores evil for eating and killing other animals? One could say gods creation, as in humans, should not be attacked by them but totally wiping them out because you dont like their way of living? Thats not moral either to me.

And Akira just said fuck it, succumbed to complete revenge and hate, and let the humans die. Not really evil but not a good thing either in most moral systems.
>>
>>160283771
>Are carnivores evil for eating and killing other animals?
Animals can't be evil because they don't have morals in the first place. You could argue humans are evil because they eat animals.. But animals aren't humans either. We can't communicate and cooperate with them, and they don't have the same level of consciousness as us. For the rare animals that seem to be living in a society, we're actively trying to protect them from harm. Also nature is shit anyway so if it's not us, it'll be the animals who'll kill the animals.

But I digress. Demons, on the other hand, kill humans, creatures just as if not more intelligent as them. They don't even have to. I think we can say they're evil in that regard, maybe not 100% unredeemable yet, but still pretty evil and most importantly, a plague to Earth and its conscious inhabitants. So yeah wipe them out.

>And Akira just said fuck it, succumbed to complete revenge and hate, and let the humans die.
Which revenge? He just fought Satan like he should have done much earlier. He also hated his guts and he was 100% right for doing so, in fact he was too nice for not trying to kill him on the spot when he found out.
If he let the humans die even though he could have saved them, then yeah he's evil.
>>
>>160279868
>Nagai still looking like he enjoys making manga and enjoying life
What went so right?
>>
File: 1472969270794.png (74KB, 224x351px) Image search: [Google]
1472969270794.png
74KB, 224x351px
Please, tell me they're gonna made an a remake anime of hokuto no ken
>>
Remakes are all Japan can do to make good anime nowadays. Not even adaptations. Anno was right. Anime is dead.
>>
>>160281277
Nobody is really like this nowadays, but there will be some backlash from negligent moms letting their kids watch "cartoons" with nudity.
>>
>>160283979
What I am saying is that Demons are not necessarily evil by default nor were they a homogeneous group with the same values and customs. They slaughter and fuse with other creatures because thats the way they live to survice, some were probably primitive as fuck and some others lived in tribes. Humans didnt act much differently from that many thousand years ago. But it would still be immoral to wipe them out just because they have a different way of live or were more savage than more enlightened creatures. Demons were minding their own business, but God didnt want to coexist with them or help them. He just didnt like them and therefore wanted finish everyone one of them off, which to me is immoral.

Every faction in Devilman is pretty much immoral.
>>
>>160285313
I think it depends on whether or not demons would have stopped before slaughtering everyone. But they didn't so fuck these guys.
>>
>>160284875
Technically its the first ever complete adaption of the 1972 original manga, anon-kun.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.