[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Bleach/Kubo a Legend in manga to the Japanese?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Ichigo_Kurosaki.jpg (66KB, 698x479px) Image search: [Google]
Ichigo_Kurosaki.jpg
66KB, 698x479px
I ask this because i have seen some claim bleach isnt a legend.
Some have referred to the japanese response to how it ended. How many hated the series and even kubo for it
Then u have Kubo not being in the recent top 20 artist of 2017. I mean Akira Amano made the 2017 list
It seems like Kubo and bleach isnt really appreciated
So im just wondering what do yall think
>>
You need to be 18 or older to browse this site.
>>
>>160265320
based on what you just said, of course not. It only had a noticeable following in the west
>>
Bleach goes from OK to trash really quickly newfag.
>>
>>160265368
I don't get why its not more popular in japan when its so popular in the west? even on 4chan its popular. so why not japan?
Kubo is japanes after all and it deals very heavily with Japanese themes and does a great job.
if something like Naruto can be so popular and get a new series even though its not as good I just don't get why bleach cant?
there is so much more story to tell.
possibly its because kubos writing style is more western? IDK
>>
>>160265566
11's got shit taste for starters. Small wonder with the amount of retardation that was in the manga that it is popular here.
Enlighten me anon, what "deals heavily with japanese themes" do you mean?
As for his writing, Kubo was always shit at it, though the first 2 arcs were above average. He usually just wanted to draw cool shit and deal with the story later. He might be more westernized than other shounen though, if for no other reason, almost all major characters got some western theme outside the series.
>>
>>160265377
correction: bleach goes from good to great to terrible to good (filler arcs) to OK to absolute dogshit
>>
>>160265320
He actually is a legend.
>>
>>160265344
Huntard stick to your containment board
>>
>>160267571
Name a better shounen artist than him.

I don't get it, author himself acknowledge bleach is about art and style, never about plot.
>>
>>160270003
Horikoshi, Araki (only shounen pre-Part 7, but still), Oda.
Kubo's technical work on the character details was good but none of his pages packed oomph or carried strong emotion, which is partly to do with the fact that the writing was dogshit. There's also the commonly recognized issue of no backgrounds.
If he was intending Bleach to be about Art and Style, he messed up big time. The art and style aren't stylish enough to hold attention, and there's too much extra shit that's bogging it down, especially since it's all poorly written and distracting. There are much better examples of manga which look phenomenal and are worth reading solely for art and style, mainly because they have good writing as a backbone and the pages can carry over emotion because of it, which Bleach fails to do.

Kubo also shot himself in the foot with the shinigami uniforms, since we all know from the colour cover pages that he's great at creating fashionable clothes for characters. If the characters all had cool clothes to support the "style" approach he was supposedly going for, Bleach would be better suited to that goal than it is now with 90% of the cast in large, baggy, all-black robes.

I don't think Kubo's strengths are that noteworthy, but even if they were, Bleach was constructed to play to his strengths.
>>
>>160270003
>art and style
>no backgrounds

pick one
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.