[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am in love, /a/. That said, it's really offsetting how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 13

I am in love, /a/.

That said, it's really offsetting how nothing in this show is even remotely original. All characters are carbon copies of popular characters from other series.

Yae is more than just a little inspired on Sakura Taisen's main heroine, and the twins might as well have been called Ryou and Kyou. Even have the same personalities.
>>
No shit it's unoriginal, That's literally Reimu
>>
>implying anyone on /a/ watched sakura taisem
>>
>The unimaginative characters are what threw you off
>Not the plot

So far, the whole series is the equivalent of some guy finding the last piece to a puzzle under the sofa, and everyone praising him for it. And it happens all of the time. Fuck, the only things he actually used his smartphone for so far is using Google Maps to find an inn and to look up ice cream on Wikipedia. What's the point of a gimmick if it's never used in the first place?
>>
>>160256235
he uses more as the story progresses
>>
I have to admit, I couldn't make it through the first episode. And I've sat through some shitty anime.

It might get better later, but man, there was really *nothing* praiseworthy in the 20 minutes I saw.

God literally just sets the boring white-bread MC up for success and everything just kinda falls into place for him. Bleh.
>>
File: 1487190537706.jpg (107KB, 685x719px) Image search: [Google]
1487190537706.jpg
107KB, 685x719px
>god allows him to be reborn in a fantasy world and will grant him any one wish he desires. And so, Touya chooses to keep his smartphone in the next world

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard in my life.
>>
File: 1497359843638.png (503KB, 521x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497359843638.png
503KB, 521x720px
>>160256018
Wrong color scheme for Reimu. Personally, I can't look at her without seeing Zakuro.
>>
>>160257219
What's even dumber is that he's also granted Messianic magical abilities.
>>
File: 1493770397271.png (38KB, 480x471px) Image search: [Google]
1493770397271.png
38KB, 480x471px
Looks pretty close to me
>>
File: not kirino.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
not kirino.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
>>160254770
>All characters are carbon copies of popular characters from other series.
>>
reminder that only reddit mal scum hates on smartphonekino
>>
>>160257510

I thought it was Zakuro when I saw the screenshot.
>>
>>160257723
Likewise. Not even the first time it's happened, either - I always go "Oh, hey, for once someone wants to talk abou- oh."
>>
Well alright
>>
It's my guilty pleasure of the season.
>>
>>160257906
fucking streams
>>
>>160257219
Let me give you a hand there.
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/panties-reincarnation-im-a-pair-of-panties-so-what/
>>
>>160257219
>You only get your smart phone
>oh and I gave you a physical boost
>and you now know how to fight
>and unlimited magical potential
>but yeah, you only get your smart phone

They had one premise, it is in the fucking title, and they don't use it. Seriously healing that blind chick could have been made into a treatable disease that no one in this world knows but something that is in our world and thus cures and remedies are available on his phone. But no uses magic.
>>
>>160260207

To be fair the god did fuck up and cause his death and he was humble about it with very little demands so I guess that's why he felt the need to buff him up "a little". You are correct on the premise though. The only thing the phone has been used for outside of mapping purposes is finding out the recipe for ice cream which is pretty fucking stupid. The rest is just "lol I know all magic" nonsense.
>>
>expecting anything of a show named isekai smartphone
how naive can you fucks be
>>
File: Sakura Shinguji.webm (255KB, 528x380px) Image search: [Google]
Sakura Shinguji.webm
255KB, 528x380px
umm
>>
>>160260800
Nobody is expecting anything.
>>
>>160260652
Even the protag in Ambition of Oda Nobuna used his phone more effectively in the first episode by playing battle sound effects to frighten two soldiers and make them think he had an army in his 'magic box'. Didn't work as the battery went dead but still a more effective use then making ice cream.

Besides there a lot of uses a phone has that would make it useful in a fantasy world. Using sound recording to record a crime or deal being made for later use, using the flash on the camera to disorientate someone, using audio capabilities like mentioned earlier to trick enemies into thinking you can summon armies etc.
>>
>>160254770
Honestly thouht this was going to be a Sakura Taisen thread from the op pic
>>
>>160261139
>>160257510
>>160256018
>>160254770
>people identifying her with three diffeent characters
I'm starting to think her design isn't actually a ripoff of anything specific, but just so bland that everyone thinks it's copying something else.
>>
Is Sakura Taisen actually good?
>>
Did he bang the twins?
>>
>>160261753

He has had 4 women hanging off him in the space of 2 episodes, 6 if you want to include the inn woman and the ice cream woman. He hasn't so much as made a look at them. He's as beta as they come.
>>
File: 1324643373.jpg (404KB, 850x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1324643373.jpg
404KB, 850x1198px
>>160257942
I smell best girl.
>>
>>160254770
>nothing in this show is even remotely original
That's literally the point. It's never never about 'originality' with these shows. Even if there's something that feels 'new', that's there in order to make the 'old', what's been derived and recycled over and over again, stand out even more.

With third generation otaku (the main audience for this stuff) it's all about replacing the normative, humanistic approach to 'art', where one reproduces a struggle for utopia, with a dissociative, hyper-artifical database fantasyscape - a simulacrum - where you're not even going to feel human any more. You're a systematic consumer of everything artifical.

The repetition of hyper-artificial magical high schools in anime for example is a purposefully anti-creative act, which is why so much of it is 'garbage'. It's not made for anyone that wants art to make them feel 'better' about reality or escape to a 'better reality'. It's for escapism to a new reality altogether, one that emphasizes how virtual it is at every turn.
>>
>>160260800
It's already delivered, though. Fun, cute, and comfy.
>>
>>160262326
>tfw all the drills this season are irrelevant
I'd rather have no drills than being blueballed like that.
>>
>>160263147
There's Muramura in Cheer Fruits.
>>
>>160254770
Somehow anime Jesus returning the lady's eyesight got me a bit teary eyed. It's nice to see a bunch of wholesome characters having things go their way and helping people out.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.