[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miyazakis works

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: hayao-miyazaki.jpg (36KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hayao-miyazaki.jpg
36KB, 480x270px
The Wind Rises: underrated
Poppy Hill: does anybody actually rate this?
Howls: overrated
Spirited Away: appropriately rated
Mononoke: overrated
Whispers of the Heart: underrated
Flying pig: appropriately rated
Kikis: overrated
Totora: overrated
La Puta: overrated
Nausica: overrated
Lupin: overrated (insult to the entire series outside of its visuals)
Lupin III TV: underrated
Future Boy Conan: criminally underrated

So, can we conclude that he is indeed a hack? Most of his movies have one thing, and one thing only: visuals finesse. Outside of that they very often lack memorable audio design (outside of Nausicaa), an endearing plot-line or characters that are more than just replaceable cardboard cutouts.
>>
>>160232770
One thing I hate about Miyazaki movies are his mary sue washy washy heroines
>>
>Poppy Hill
>Whisper of the Heart
not miyazaki's
>>
>>160232829
He was involved enough, though.
>>
>>160232770
>So, can we conclude that he is indeed a hack? Most of his movies have one thing, and one thing only: visuals finesse.
Pretty common problem in visual media: good artist think they are good writers by default.
>>160232802
Hayao "Ooh, I love little girls they make me feel so good" Miyazaki
>>
>Lupin: overrated (insult to the entire series outside of its visuals)
What? He did the original series though. I don't get why nobody mentions the TV stuff that he directed/storyboarded/character designed/etc for. Has nobody here ever heard of Sherlock Hound? It's probably one of best TV animated series ever, without exaggeration.
>>
>>160232770
>Poppy Hill: does anybody actually rate this?
That's the wrong Miyazaki, anon.
>>
>>160233880
Also, it was actually quite good.
>>
>>160233880
Check the writer in credits.
>>
>>160233025
Because the best animated series he ever worked on is Heidi, and that's Takahata's.
>>
>>160233966
It's an adaptation of a novel, and Miyazaki father only helped with the screenplay.
>>
>>160233025
In what way?
>>
>>160234024
Not that anon, but in addition to flawless animation worthy a film production, Sherlock Hound is one of those old-school cartoons which, cartoon violence aside, don't assume the children audience is retarded and has adventure-movie like stories full of action with some bits of mistery.
>>
>>160233025
> Sherlock Hound
furry shit
>>
>>160232770
Cool blog bro
>>
>>160232770
Poppy Hill was Goro Miyazaki
>>
>>160234212
That's such a stupid retort against a cartoon.
>>
>>160232770
You forgot
>Ponyo: underrated
>>
>>160236068
Criminally underrated.
>>
>>160232888
...Are you saying that movies for literal children shouldn't have little girl protagonists?

What kind of fucked logic is that?
>>
>>160232770
The only one I'd call overrated is Howl's. The rest really are great movies.
>>
>>160232888
>Hayao "Ooh, I love little girls they make me feel so good" Miyazaki

Kind of ironic when he said in public how he hates lolicon (and lolicons)
>>
File: 006.png (31KB, 416x436px) Image search: [Google]
006.png
31KB, 416x436px
>>160232878
He couldn't salvage his son's wreckage. I'm pretty sure he washed his hands of this film.
>>
>>160238349
>Kind of ironic when he said in public how he hates lolicon (and lolicons)
He also says he hates himself and his works. Coincidence?
>>
>>160238195
this. anyone who doesn't like miyazaki is probably an edgy contrarian who likes death note
>>
>>160232770
Nausicaa is his best movie. Underrated if anything. Also how come Future Boy Conan was never even got official subs when all his movies got dubs with big actors?
>>
>>160232770
>Poppy Hill
Wrong Miyazaki silly.
>>
>>160235301
It was written by Hayao though
>>
>>160232770
>Mononoke: overrated
Shit bait.
>>
>>160239144
>if you dislike whats popular you just dislike it because youre contrarian
Guess pop and [insert whatever is at the top of the charts right now] is the pinnacle of music, the MCU is the pinnacle of cinematography, Beast by Dre are the pinnacle of audiophile gear and McDonald's is the pinnacle of western cuisine. I mean, if you claim otherwise youre just a contrarian who disagrees for the sake of disagreeing.
>>
>>160238195
Spirited Away is also overrated. In the end Takahata was better.
>>
>>160239435
Just because he wasn't directing doesn't mean that he wasn't heavily involved, silly.
>>
>>160239405
Because Conan is one of his only works that is well written, but, unfortunately, doesnt have dazzling visuals. It looks great for its time, but it doesn't have the beautiful backgrounds that are what sell his works. Which is a pity since it is his best work, but the average viewer wouldn't be able to see that because they wouldn't even give it a shot.
>>
>>160239499
Come back when McDonalds is universally loved by food critics, and Beats critically acclaimed by almost every audiophile
>>
>>160239743
Really. My impression is the opposite. The writing is completely unremarkable and I think the series kind of falls apart in the second cour when it focuses more on the story. The animation is notable not because it is fluid or detailed but because it is very lively and vivid. That is also the part of Cagliostro that stands out most.
>>
>>160232770
>Poppy Hill: does anybody actually rate this?
>>160232770
>Whispers of the Heart: underrated
>Miyazaki
What?
>>
>>160233025
He only directed the first episodes.
>>
Why does this man trigger you so much that you need to shitpost about him all the time? The "anime was a mistake" thing is a meme, you know?
>>
>>160243239
>meme
Yeah, these things usually show up for a reason.
>>
>>160243239
Because hes hailed as the greatest ever when hes far from it.
>>
>>160232770
>Whisper of the Heart
>the best Ghibli film
>Miyazaki didn't even direct it
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.