[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone watch Tsuiokuhen before watching Rurouni Kenshin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Did anyone watch Tsuiokuhen before watching Rurouni Kenshin? As someone who watched it after watching Rurouni Kenshin and after reading the manga, I wonder how that experience is like. What did you think about it without the context of the franchise?
>>
>>160204135
Do only shitposts receive replies now or has no one watched Tsuikuhen first?
Anyone else likes the animation parts where they incorporate a real video and draw a bit over it and add weird lighting to make it seem animated? I think it looks pretty cool and I wish more shows would use it.
>>
the board is now nothing but shitty generals. and they even removed the only ones that mattered. welcome to nu-/a/
>>
>>160204135
I did

And that's because I read the manga.
>>
>>160205128
It's not like this is a great thread. Lots of people watched Tsuiokuhen first or just Tsuiokuhen by itself including myself. It just made me realize that the series as a whole isn't that great. It's a pretty generic battle shounen that even if executed somewhat decently just doesn't justify its length.
It also made me realize how much better anime and manga can be if it didn't have to appeal to a wider base.
>>
>>160204135
for me

Tsuikuhen > Anime > manga

the ovas is how I got into kenshin
then the anime came on toonami but not the filler, I heard the filler was shit so bought the manga and then watched the OVA with Enishi

this in my opinion was the best order

Tsuiokuhen is a great start for the series as it literally is the chornological order, people may get thrown off by the animation change but it fits the change in Kenshin's personality and the era he was in.

more importantly what's up with all these Kenshin threads recently?
>>
>>160207484
>more importantly what's up with all these Kenshin threads recently?
Usually when you see a series of threads pop up on an older anime, it's the same person making them.
>>
>>160207525
Probably I guess this guy really wants to be validated on his OG cred or something
>>
>>160207525
>>160207585
I saw another thread about Kenshin recently which made me think about the franchise again.
>>160207308
Were you confused while watching it?
>>
>>160207151
How is this a general?
>>
>>160204135
>Did anyone watch Tsuiokuhen
yeah, not a single samurai/ninja anime can top that. until today
>>
>>160210747
How are you this retarded?
>>
>>160211315
Do you even know what a general is, or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>160207585
I don't think anyone is getting validated on OG cred through Rurouni Kenshin.
>>
>>160204135
I read the manga
>>
I thought it was wierd.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.