[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>superior 2D-based CGI exists >studios opt for shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

>superior 2D-based CGI exists
>studios opt for shitty 3D geometry-based CGI instead
why??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azQqmnqxuyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4H847382G4

There is no excuse, Euclid isn't even that expensive.
>>
>>160166109
The environment and everything below the neck in those videos are all 3D.

The problem with mixing 2D and 3D graphics is that it's difficult to determine how they should interact. Like in the second video, Asuka's body was colliding with her arm, but parts of her hair were either in front or in back of her arm because her air is just a flat image perpendicular to the line of sight of the viewer.

Either Live2D-style CGI would have to be limited to just textures like the face or everything would have to be 2D.
>>
>>160166736
So what's the catch with the whole body being textures?
>>
>>160166109
I want my cave paintings to look like cave paintings, not video games.
>>
So we are finally entering the period of the real 2D waifu?
Is this a dream?
>>
>>160167217
No anon, it is happening
>>
>>160166109
>Unreal support in development
why do the japs like unity so much?
>>
>>160168646
Arcsys used unreal for GG Xrd
>>
>>160166821
Well, bodies are pretty complex compared to heads. It may be possible to animate a fully body with 2D morphing animation, but it would take a lot of work to pull off. It may just end up looking like cutout animation.
>>
>>160168646
I use both depending of what Im working on, Unity is good for single player games, their UNET library still the industry joke though (and the devs seem to barely care about it) and absolute hate the cunts of Photon buying Bolt years ago and still having the fucking audacity of limit by CCUs and they have been basically censoring comments in the asset store , Unreal is great for (at least for me) if you want to make a FPS/TPS with networking features the difference though
>>
File: CC2 CG short 4chan.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
CC2 CG short 4chan.webm
3MB, 800x450px
Or you can just use model based 3d that isn't limited as fuck like 2d based CG, and just overlay 2d visual effects/layering as needed on top of that in post like what cyberconnect 2 does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-PudD1UrvU

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkryP5_y-sRf0qBw0jbciMZOXZON9uawF
>>
>>160169630
That honestly sounds like a lot more work involved
>>
>>160169681
It is, but as the webm/videos I linked should demonstrate, the result looks fucking fantastic
>>
>>160166109
Now if only they put that much work towards the clothes, it'd be perfect.
>>
>>160166109
Can`t you accomplish the same thing or better with Blender?
>>
>>160169880
The problem with 3D rendering is that it is perfect. With respect to projecting a scene to graphics based on particular parameters, it will be done with autismal precision.
Perfect does not mean aesthetic. The ability for artists to go in and fudge details, realism be damned, is where actual artists come into play.

As you probably know or have had millions of people tell you, blender is not user-friendly in any way. While it is almost certainly possible to do anything you want in a 3D engine (in as much as it is possible to do anything in any turing complete setting), would you really want to?

I would hesitate doing what's shown in the OP in professional modeling and rendering software. That software allows artists to take shitloads of shortcuts, totally eliminate intermediate meshes for different angles, and be able to modify the character and see the end result at the same time.
>>
>>160170115
>>160166109
I'm also going to go out on a limb here and say that Euclid is designed for video games and not anime. While Euclid is suitable for transitioning to different meshes given particular angles, autismal rendered precision is not the aesthetic that anime studios go for unless you're Polygon Pictures.

The most common method of involving 3DCG in character animation is for perspective and posing. You have a fully black character base mesh with modeled clothes, rigged, posed, and animated for a scene, which is then drawn over by actual artists in post.
Example: Literally every SHAFT animation in recent memory, since at least before Maria Holic. Probably even as long ago as Negima. They show off their technique in the OP/ED animations.
>>
>>160166109
They already do, and it's shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.