[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Bo-BoBo never get the respect it deserves? It is by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Why does Bo-BoBo never get the respect it deserves? It is by far the greatest, most hilarious manga ever created, yet they still won't release the whole series in English for some reason. Is there even any other manga that can compare? It puts Excel Saga, Cromartie, Sgt. Frog, Shin Chan, and every other comedy to shame.
>>
>>160144219
>Nose hair!
>Shit!
>Existential suffering!
I won't ask you to go back to where you came from, but please do not exaggerate and call it the best comedy ever. It's average good.
>>
>>160144219
The dub was unironically fantastic
>>
Gintama
Angel Dinsetsu
Kuzu to Megane to Bungaku Shoujo (Nise)
>>
>>160144755

Gintama is shit. Someone compared it to Bo-BoBo several years ago and I bought it to give it a try. It wasn't even close.
>>
>>160145426
So 2/3?
>>
>>160144219
>it puts shin chan to shame
As far as english dubs go no comedy is ever going to top it
>>
>>160145635

I guess I would put Shin Chan as a close-ish second.
>>
>>160145426
Gintama's initial style of humor is pretty different from what it eventually goes with. Check episode 25, although I dunno what would be the manga chapter equivalent.

Regarding a similar issue though, does Bo-bobo go through a similar style change? Because a long ago I read the first couple of chapters and didn't think it was funny.

As far as something similar goes though, have you ever watched Hare Nochi Guu (Haré+Guu)? That had a similar random style to Bo-bobo's, I guess.
>>
kyou kara ore wa
>>
>>160146334

I don't think it goes through a style change so much as it adds newer, better characters along the way that add a lot more to the series, especially Jiggler.
>>
>>160144219
I love me some Bo-bobo, but there's no reason to shit-talk other all-time great comedy series in the process.

What impresses me most about it, reading it again, is that it's actually a halfway decent battle manga. Like, the content of every fight and the reasons behind every plot development are crazy bullshit, but the overall structure is there. And when viewed through that lens, it even makes better use of its side-characters than stuff like DBZ does.
>>
>>160144661
>dub
>unironically
Fuck off, you hipster faggot.
>>
>>160144219
Cromartie is kino. Bobobo is tryhard.
>>
>>160146651
Gintama does the same thing

And then both of them ended on a long, more serious arc and everyone forgets they used to be comedies
>>
>>160149188
>BoBoBo
>Subs

Get out poser.
>>
>>160144219
I had such a great time watching it when I was younger. The European Spanish dub was glorious.
>>
it just Shitposting in anime form
the Japanese Family Guy
>>
>>160144219
How is it compared to Osomatsu-san?
>>
>>160144508
Better than all the garbage comedy kyoani churns out
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.