[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ thinks about Pride?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: bradley.jpg (29KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
bradley.jpg
29KB, 620x465px
What does /a/ thinks about Pride?
>>
File: 1500400075416.gif (756KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1500400075416.gif
756KB, 500x375px
Necessary
>>
File: 156165165.jpg (46KB, 845x475px) Image search: [Google]
156165165.jpg
46KB, 845x475px
>>160143036
Edgy kid.
>>
>>160143036
I prefer Wrath
>>
>>160143036
Not as good as greed, but better than pride.
>>
>>160145145
Greed is such a boring "chaotic bad guy who turns into a good guy" character.
>>
>>160143036
Lust is better.
Triple penetrating damage hora hora.
>>
>>160145072
A man of taste, if there's one thing this anime did right, it was have the best representation of the seven deadly sins in anime history
>>
>>160143036
>pride
?
>>
File: loi_3.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
loi_3.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>160143036
>That momment when Bradley brakes Salem's neck.
This go kinda dark in the end, the Troy Baker teriator not withstanding.

>>160145446
what puzzles you anon.
>>
I was so confused as a kid when they called this guy King Bradley the Fuhrer. He's the King and the Fuhrer? What's his last name? Well that's just a bad choice of names for eventual translation.

Anyhow he was the best part of Brotherhood by far.
>>
>>160145446
In '03 he was Pride '03 is just high production value fanfiction. In Brotherhood and the source material, he was Wrath.
>>
Could Wrath beat Pride?
>>
>>160146993
You mean worst part
He was cringe incarnated
>>
>>160147857
What the fuck is "cringe" about him.
Also, what the fuck does cringe even mean amongst young people?
>>
File: (You).png (24KB, 1217x594px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
24KB, 1217x594px
>>160147857
>>160147928
>cringe incarnated
Cringe is the hot new meme word, a favorite of reddit in particular, and using it is just that. It's used by immature people with no self awareness to criticize things they think are beneath them, unable to see how childish that kind of thinking is.
>>
>>160147928
>>160148080
He's edgy as fuck and gives the viewer second-hand embarrassment
>he's the CHOSEN ONE
>TRAUMATIC CHILDHOOD
>he's old but he's still the super strongest in the world with every weapon
>you thought he died but he's really alive because he's super awesome
He's written like a deviantart oc donut steel, with all the special bullshit powers, the overseriousness, the dark and brooding vibe
>>
>>160148283
Except he wasn't really chosen, since he only managed to get so far because he was better than the other disposables, no divine intervention or any other kind of bullshit led to him becoming the Fuhrer.
He's also the least edgy of the other homunculi by a wide margin.
>>
>>160148511
Yes he was
He literally is the chosen one, the guy who was the beststes of them all, and the secret ruler of the country personally chose him to become the ruler
And seriously? He wasn't edgy?
The guy who was "trembling with uncontrollable rage" at Hughes's funeral? The guy who ordered the massacre in Ishval?
>>
>>160148675
Go away
>>
>>160146809
His name is "King Bradley"
His title is Fuhrer
>>
>>160149723
No shit, the post clearly showed comprehension of that fact.
>>
>>160146993
king is his first name
>>
>>160151152
See
>>160150082

Learn to read ("as a kid" is a huge qualifier), and learn to read the thread
>>
>>160143036
I was pretty disappointed that they didn't flesh him out in 2003 like Brotherhood did.

Oh well, at least he didn't annoy the shit out of me like Wrath did.
>>
>>160152974
This meme that Wrath is a bad character is shit
>>
I like Bradley as Pride and Wrath. I prefer him as Wrath(even though I massively prefer 2003 to the original), but I feel like people massively under appreciate him as Pride. His fight scene with Mustang is one of the best in anime in a pure emotional point, and it does a fantastic job of characterizing him in a short amount of time.

Essentially, Pride is the ultimate actor. His entire performance as Fuhrer, Selim's father, is ultimately just a massive act. He has nothing but contempt for humans. This is why he goes so quickly from giving Selim words of love to outright killing him in the Mustang fight.

Wrath is good in Brotherhood because he's a crazy badass that serves an extremely effective role as an intimidating and powerful villain. In a show where being badass is meaningless cause every character constantly does shit that's supposed to be cool, Bradley stands out as one of the few that's actually really fucking cool.
>>
>>160148675
>acting according to character is edgy
wew lad
>>
>>160154278
It means the character was written as an edgelord
>I'm just so angry all the time
Fantastic writing, really made me ponder
>>
>>160154397
So you didn't actually read the series or watch any FMA? That's good to know at least.
>>
>>160153603
bradley as wrath actually love his wife and armestris and humans. He mostly become attached to humans and the military forces of armestris since he's the most human of the homonculus and spent a lot of time with them (selim tell him he was too attached to humans, and you see he actually respect them a lot even in his final moment)
wrath was also against father plan than to destroy armestris, wanted to emancipe himself and loved his wife deeply (she's the only thing he could choose in his entire life and are very proud of her strengh)
This is a theory of course but you can found a lot of thing who indicate bradley tried to go against father plan each time he can (not killing edward and mustang in the hospital by eample, yes they are sacrifice but its a 200 years plan and they could put an end to it, the most rational choice would have to kill them and wait for other sacrifice, its not like the time was a ressource homonculus and father didn't have) also you can see him many time avoid fight and retreat tough he would be able to put an end to some people.

He talk a lot with riza hawkeye, mustang and even ranfan about his desire to not being a pawn. and call father "father" just once in the story (before many homonculus of course) he was not like lust, and wasen't worshipping him or seeing him as his genitor. don't forget bradley was human to begin with.
>>
big boss should've been fully redeemed
>>
>>160144911
Best homunculus, not counting Lin-Greed. There's something about that combination of a kid and completely lovecraftian monstrosity that just clicks for me.
>>
>>160157120
his hawkeye stalking also made for the best fucking scene in brotherhood when she leaks that shit to mustang
>>
For the past 14 years I thought King was his title. I didn't know that was his motherfucking name
>>
>>160148283
>Not chosen, literally 7th option they picked
>His childhood wasn't traumatic at all
>He's a fucking Homunculus what do you expect?
>How is him not dying cringe?
>>
>>160158876
They had a bunch of people but only he was strong enough, sounds like a chosen one
>being at the mercy of crazy doctors and crazy experiments isn't traumatic
If you say so
And all homunculi have perfect efficiency with all weapons for no reason? He was more comically overpowered than anyone
I expect him to die like the other homunculi die, not become the newest member of team rocket that keeps coming back forever, and I'm even supposed to take him seriously
>>
>>160159102
Greed was literally the strongest Homunculi of them all. If he wasn't retarded he would just walk around in full body ultimate shield in every fight. The only reason he died is because he tried to steal Fathers God powers.
>>
>>160159170
And?
>>
>>160143036
Only hurts, never helps.
>>
>>160148283
Lurk for 2 years before posting
>>
>>160159220
>He was more comically overpowered than anyone
That
>>
>>160159336
Greed lost to Wrath
>>
we have none
>>
>>160159397
Like I said if he wasn't retarded and just kept his full body ultimate shield on in every fight, Wrath wouldn't have stood a chance against him
>>
i forgive him
>>
>>160153603
Well, what did you expect? Shounenfags are too dumb to get subtle characterization and need to be spoon-fed. It's literally the same people who say Dante is a bad character.
>>
>>160159102
>They had a bunch of people but only he was strong enough, sounds like a chosen one

He wasn't special. He just happened to be the one that didn't get fucked up by the experiment. He was the spaghetti that finally stuck to the wall.

>And all homunculi have perfect efficiency with all weapons for no reason? He was more comically overpowered than anyone

What do you think he spent his childhood doing? He wasn't just doing bookwork to become a politician, you know.

>I expect him to die like the other homunculi die, not become the newest member of team rocket that keeps coming back forever, and I'm even supposed to take him seriously

The worst thing the guy went through was a train sabotage. Other than that, the stuff he went through was pretty tame in comparison to what the protags survived. Besides, all the other humunculi had to be blown the fuck out repeatedly before they died.
>>
>>160159655
Everyone's better than a whiny bitch who tries to apply a purely objective scientific statement to societal and economical context.

God, what the fuck was Bones' writers thinking.
>>
File: 1477378077758.png (530KB, 899x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1477378077758.png
530KB, 899x1300px
>>160143036
A very hard contest for whos best Sin of Pride.
>>
>>160160743
Ed was doing that since the beginning of the show, she just showed him that the statement is bullshit and only applies to alchemy.
>>
>>160145253
This
>>
>>160143036
That's Wrath.

I liked the Wrath - Pride interaction, wish we could have seen them fighting like protecting Ms. Bradley or something

>>160157120
Pride reminds me of Czeslaw Meyer (Baccano)
>>
>>160158800
badass.
>rise for the furhuer, king bradley
>>
You mean Wrath.
>>
>>160148675
>He literally is the chosen one, the guy who was the beststes of them all

That's like saying the student who gets the mark on a test is the "chosen one" because they happened to do better than everyone else.
>>
>>160159102
>>160159102
>perfect efficiency with all weapons for no reason?
Dumb fuck he was trained in swordsmanship for his entire childhood, plus he has a clairvoyant eye that was given to him by the philosopher's stone. His OPness is justified within the story.
>I expect him to die like the other homunculi die, not become the newest member of team rocket that keeps coming back forever, and I'm even supposed to take him seriously
To criticise Bradley of having plot armour is illogical because the entire point of his character is that he is literally superhuman. His fucking power is to LITERALLY AVOID THINGS THAT COULD KILL HIM. Complaining about a character surviving shit that would kill normal humans only makes sense when said character is also a normal, but he isn't
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.