[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else prefer even a mediocre dub to a sub?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1434562362819.png (108KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1434562362819.png
108KB, 300x300px
Anyone else prefer even a mediocre dub to a sub?
>>
Yeah, Retards.
>>
Most likely people who cannot read subtitles and somehow need to spend 10+ years learning a language to understand emotions when people speak said language. So Americans in a nutshell
>>
FLCL had a good dub.
>>
Just about every fucking dub out there is "mediocre". Same racket of crooks playing the same roles over and over, with the most wooden delivery in the fucking world.

Jap voice actors may be hacks, but at least their industry is somewhat competitive.
>>
i really strated to enjoy dubs recently

Black Lagoon and Code Geass sold me on them.

following the camera rather than the subs all the time is quite nice
>>
>>160139510
>following the camera
I don't get this. Are your reading skills at such a low level that you cant read the subs quickly or with your peripheral vision?
>>
>>160139510
>following the camera
THIS
>>
I like subs but you often miss out on the animation.
>>
>>160139510
Black Lagoon was fucking garbage, what are you talking about. Revy's voice was soft and did not fir the character. And Shen Hua's accent was annoying.

Code Geass was pretty good though.
>>
>>160137873
I'd rather watch a decent German dub than a mediocre English dub. Emotion in voice is very important to me.
It's true that some anime have shitty voices, shitty enough that baka gaijin can tell: for instance, it seems japs can never do "angry long monologue" right. The actor stops being angry and just recites his lines until he remembers he's supposed to be angry.
But those anime have even worse English dubs. Maybe Berserk could qualify as having a better dub than the original voices, because they had some impressive actors.
>>
>>160139510
>>160139635
dubsfags forever proven to be brainlets
>>
>>160137873
If there is a dub I watch it (which is almost never), japs only do pretty dumb voices on anime, especially woman...which is weird because if you watch other shows they can talk like real humans
>>
No matter how fast you read, some part of your attention will always have to be directed to the subtitles. Maybe that's alright if you're watching shows where nothing interesting ever happens, but otherwise you're missing something. I'd rather watch 100% of the animation than 95%.
>>
File: WellShit.jpg (9KB, 217x200px) Image search: [Google]
WellShit.jpg
9KB, 217x200px
>>160137873
I have absolutly no interest on fucking dub.
>>
>>160139510
Read quicker. I barely even notice the fact that I'm reading subs anymore, it just comes naturally to me and I don't miss shit.
>>
>>160139510
Nunally in the Code Geass dub is literally unlistenable
>>
>>160143372
So you're removing 100% audio for 5% animation.
>>
i really strated to enjoy dubs recently

Black Lagoon and Code Geass sold me on them.

following the camera rather than the subs all the time is quite nice
>>
File: 1451082082202.jpg (479KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451082082202.jpg
479KB, 1280x720px
>he watches dubs
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.