[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck is one supposed to get into this series? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: saber apocrypsapspsohshhapa.jpg (93KB, 736x908px) Image search: [Google]
saber apocrypsapspsohshhapa.jpg
93KB, 736x908px
How the fuck is one supposed to get into this series? I don't like playing VN's so any of that is out of the question. Where should I start with watching? I've watched UBW, and I'm keeping up with Apocrypha, but other than that I'm totally fucking lost.
>>
>>160133425
Sounds like you're already 'into' the series, anon. What are you even asking?
>>
>asks how to get into the series
>immediately says he doesn't want to get into the series the proper way via VN
Decide yourself then you massive homo
>>
>>160133453
I'm retarded and I do not understand the series, nor what the spin offs are, what's canon, etc. One series and 3 episodes of another isn't really much into, it's surface level, I'm looking to go deeper than the crust.
>>
The VN isn't even integral to modern Fate anymore. Don't even bother.
>>
>>160133497
I like ANIME I don't like reading games. I suppose if the series is interesting enough, I'd probably get into it.
>>160133508
thank u on this
>>160133453
Honestly I think what I really need to know is what the fuck should I watch/not watch, what's worth time, and what should I avoid.
>>
>>160133425
play Grand Order
>>
>>160133425
watch Fate/Zero aka the only good entry in the franchise
>>
>>160133425
Fate/Zero -> UBW -> Heaven's Feel.
Apocrypha is a stand-alone.
But even then you will still need to either play VNs (and GrandOrder) or read through Fate wikia pages (if you don't mind spoilers) if you want a deeper understand of the universe like tainted Grail and Angry Manjew or how certain things work like how Archer survived till the end of UBW
>>
>>160133504
>I'm looking to go deeper than the crust.
>I don't like playing VN's so any of that is out of the question.
I don't know what to tell you, man. If you want more than just anime adaptations then you gotta get into the VNs and shit like that.
>>
>>160133425
You don't want to, it's a shit series.
>>
>>160133425
Play the mobage
>>
File: preread.png (1MB, 924x765px) Image search: [Google]
preread.png
1MB, 924x765px
>>160133425
>>
>>160133597
Alright, I think I'll go this route. Since apparently the VN's are super crucial to a lot of shit I'll probably get 'em sometime, somehow.
>>160133680
Never again...........
>>
>>160133707
>not "start with the greeks"
>>
>>160133707
gave me a good kekkle there buddy, I like it.
>>
>>160133541
Everything in Fate is canon, just different timelines. Zero leads into Stay Night. Stay Night branches into various routes (like the VN) each with a different ending. Everything else is on different timelines and has no correlation with the main series.
>>
>>160133710
I wouldn't say they're crucial nowadays but the anime leaves out quite a lot of details that help you understand what's going on.
I mean, if you're not interested why the Grail is tainted in F/Zero with that black ooze then you can just stick with the anime.
>>
>>160133707
Why Disney's Hercules?
>>
>>160133504
Watch Illya, then get ready for the best route of Shiro to get animated in film form Miyuverse interpretation of Heaven's Feel
>>
>>160133993
Because Berserker is a fucking jobbing joke.
>>
>>160133997
>not starting with Illya
>not ending with Carnvial
>not ignoring anything that isn't FS/N or Tsukihime
>being this much of a shitter
>>
>>160133707

Add Mage the Ascension and Awakening, then Dungeons and Dragons (5th and 3.5) and it'll be perfect
>>
>>160133425
>I don't like playing VN's so any of that is out of the question
Considering the VN is the cornerstone of the series that everything else is in some way based off of or at least heavily referred to you probably should just give up and not bother trying to really get into the series. All the good parts are novels, be they visual ones or conventional.
Just casually watch UBW, F/Z, Apocrypha, and if you feel really daring the old Deen stuff and move on with your life.
>>
>>160133425
The VN is the only proper part of the series. The rest is just irrelevant fanservice made to milk the VNs popularity.
>>
>>160133591
This weak bait got old years ago.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.