[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you lived just in time to read Gantz What's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1320973537215.jpg (634KB, 813x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1320973537215.jpg
634KB, 813x1200px
>you lived just in time to read Gantz

What's the author doing now?
>>
Drawing Inuyashiki
it's pretty cool
>>
>>160114199
You could have read shitty manga any time in the last 100+ years, it's really nothing worth celebrating.
>>
>>160114251
Underage, please.

Gantz was great.
>>
>>160114283
>Think Gantz is great.
>Calling people underage
Not him but what an absolute shit taste.
>>
>>160114283
>anyone who disagrees with me is underage
I'm not even sure why I'm bothering to respond, but fuck you.
>>
>>160114393
Gantz was fantastic tbqh, even when counting in the horrid ending
>>
>>160114516
>tbqh
Don't.
>>
>>160114585
I feel like using it tbqh
>>
>>160114251
>>160114283
>>160114516
gantz was

above average
>>
>>160114652
I neither know nor care what true average is, but Gantz was unenjoyable. It was clearly written by the seat of Oku's pants, plot points popped up and then disappeared for no reason, the whole cast would wipe for shock value, and his attempts at character development ranged from bland to actively frustrating, not to mention the low quality digital work and the awful final arc.
>>
>>160114199
cool concept executed horribly and people who never ever read it will think it's good without having to sit through releases only to say "holy shit this is getting awful"
>>
>>160114710
>Gantz was unenjoyable

Well it's hard to enjoy good manga like Gantz with your shit taste.

But the story, the art, the characters and the action were all very fucking enjoyable and high tier.
Gantz will be forever remembered as one of the best manga.
>>
things would've been different if Lara Croft didn't die back then
>>
>>160114867
a lot of manga's would be different if their editors stopped fucking butting their nose
>>
>>160114224
isn't that manga almost over? like it's missing 1 or 2 chapters
>>
>>160114856
>Gantz will be forever remembered as one of the best manga.
What the actual fuck.
>>
>>160114856

Look. I unironically love edgy shit. Berserk, Claymore, Muv Luv, Gungrave. Characters suffering, lots of gore, that shit does it for me.

But I wouldn't claim any of that is high art. Its okay to admit that your taste is immature.
Plus, even considering that, Gantz's story is fucking everywhere. Like the entire arc with the vampires is just wasted space that goes nowhere and the author hopes you forget about it. Its nowhere near good.

The concept and art are interesting enough for it to be memorable. And the first few chapters are good enough to even be called good. I might even give it to you all the way up to Osaka, but the final arc is utter trash.
>>
>>160114199

He's about to finish InuYashiki, it was alrightish for like 30ish chapters.

Went to absolute shit with the entire final arc being the most forced bullshit I have ever seen in a manga.
>>
>>160114710
Gantz is all about going in with the right mindset. But once you're in it's hard to switch that mindset around, so those than went in believing in those initial horror grim volumes would continue to be disappointed.
>>
>>
>>160114856
Yeah it sure is a great manga for the ages along legends such as Love Hina and that one cop manga WSJ shills like there is no tomorrow since the 80's.
>>
If only Cherry hadn't died. I felt that at the rate his powers were increasing he would have been able to have fucked with the God Aliens if he had like a couple more hours of using them. He was doing shit like forcefields and teleportation just by getting angry
>>
>>160117234

There really was only one way to end his arc. Either give him the dead or he becomes too powerful for even the mangaka to hold.

Had a pretty based pedo and alienfu in the final arc so that's one of my takeaways from that.
>>
I had fun arcs. Nishi and old man were some of my favorite characters. Sad when they went for good.
>>
>>160114976
yeah
>>
The author of Gantz has the same problem as the author from Gash Bell and Doubutsu no Kuni

Interesting manga until the final arc which suddenly turns to shit
>>
>>160114976
FUCK

I only heard about it WAY late after I finished Gantz

this dude is productive as fuck Togashi and Miura could learn a lesson from him.

2 successful series and he atcually completed them.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.