[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Angel Beats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: angel beats full lineup.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
angel beats full lineup.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
So I ended up re-watching this. It was still enjoyable but there are a lot more plotholes than I remember there being. For example
1: Who was the guy who set up the program that Yurippe had to destroy? He was meant to have turned into an NPC right, but if so he should have become a human again like "christ" did after Yurippe destroyed the PCs.
2: If Kanade was given Otonashi's heart and lived on, then Otonashi must have died before her. But she was in purgatory long before he even arrived so what's up with that?
3: If Kanade got the heart and didn't die then A- How is she in purgatory, and B- How is otonashi the same age as her again after he is reborn following the credits, she would have to be at least 16 years older than him if he was reincarnated and found her again.
Also, angel beats thread I guess.
>>
File: 1500395049405.png (80KB, 504x538px) Image search: [Google]
1500395049405.png
80KB, 504x538px
What is there to say about it ? An run of the mill anime for angsty teenagers that tries too much to use the whole "deep emotions and motives" trope
>>
>>160090753
>1: Who was the guy who set up the program that Yurippe had to destroy? He was meant to have turned into an NPC right, but if so he should have become a human again like "christ" did after Yurippe destroyed the PCs.
People generally call him "The Programmer". The main computers that implement Angel Player were in the room he was in. Even still, for some unknown reason, the Afterlife and the rules established by Angel Player, remained.
>2: If Kanade was given Otonashi's heart and lived on, then Otonashi must have died before her. But she was in purgatory long before he even arrived so what's up with that?
A widely accepted theory is anachronism. Basically, Afterlife exists outside of time, and allows people from different periods of time to show up there at the same time. The Heaven's Door manga kinda alludes to this with the background story of Shiina and Yurippe making a comment that the school is stuck in an eternal summer.
>3: If Kanade got the heart and didn't die then A- How is she in purgatory, and B- How is otonashi the same age as her again after he is reborn following the credits, she would have to be at least 16 years older than him if he was reincarnated and found her again.
Kanade probably lived for a short time after the transplant. As for B, check the previous answer.
>>
>>160091143
>deep emotions and motives
>trope
I don't know anon, oversimplifying things like that doesn't leave you a whole lot of things to enjoy does it?
>>
>>160091276
I guess convoluted timelines would explain that pretty well. I wish that was explained though so I didn't feel like I was just making excuses for the writers.
So what do you make of the last scene? Is that Kanade and Otonashi after they've both died, left purgatory and been reborn or am I assuming too much?
>>
The biggest problem of the show is that it stopped being a comedy.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.