[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 39

Why does Yang have such an omniscient intuition? He seems to know the enemies plans to a tee every time
>POW exchange?
>They must have planted a rat to instigate a coup
>This entire fleet is crossing within our effective range for no reason?
>Paeta, Fire!
>Phezzan's motives?
>Probably religious
>Why can't I break through Reinhard's defensive line?
>Deck of cards lmao
>>
>>160077607
He's a major history buff, both military and diplomacy.
>>
>>160077742
This. Professionals are predictable at some extent.
>>
File: 1309270291470.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1309270291470.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>160077607
His record only looks impressive because he beat Bittenfeld about five times.
>>
>>160077607

In the book, right after taking Iserlohn and returning to Heinessen he has a bit of a reverey about how annoying people like you are going to be from now on assuming he's wizard when he just applies clear thinking based on his enemies and the realities of the situation, wishes for the best luck, and sends his many many subordinates to go do the actual action

He understands his own country well and he understands (and wuvs) Reinhard well. Reinhard is like Napoleon/Frederick the Great tier with long term thinking/decisive action,e tc
>>
>>160078727
In the anime, there were absolutely no cues to clue him in on the impending coup.
>>
>>160077607
where can I find this series to watch? My local anime shop doesnt have it
>>
Yang is a mary sue character.

LOGH is good but overrated, the series just sort of ends on a uneventful note.
>>
>>160079591
all 110 or so eps were on youtube until quite recently

prob on a streaming site somewhere
>>
He's read so much history that he can assess a situation similarly to someone with a lot of experience. Something that is generally mentioned a lot in military history is the personality of the commanders of certain armies. I believe when he's aware who he is fighting, he's able to predict the enemy commander's action based off of the action of similar people in the past.

>>160079591
This show was only released on laser disk I believe. The entire series is available to torrent on nyaa or similar websites. Be wary, there are versions where they redrew the characters for some reason. I prefer the original art to the redrawn version.
>>
>>160079591
Start from the top and work your way down
https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/119822
https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/187020
https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/178779
https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/214287
https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/251015
Or you could go to Hidive and wait for finished subs by 2022.
>>
>>160079666
oh man, that majorly sucks ass, cant vbelieve I missed it

>>160079687
>The entire series is available to torrent on nyaa or similar websites. Be wary, there are versions where they redrew the characters for some reason. I prefer the original art to the redrawn version.

Okay, I'll go have a look.

Is there a specific viewing order?
>>
>>160079794
>Is there a specific viewing order?
Watch episode #1 before #2, watch #2 before #3, #3 before #4...

What Anon is saying is that you should download 2 copies of episode #1; the LaserDisc version and the BluRay version. Watch them both, and then continue with whichever version has an art style that appeals to you more.
>>
>>160080063
>Watch episode #1 before #2, watch #2 before #3, #3 before #4...

I get that, but there are OVAs and movies, so I'm unsure if I should watch them chronologically in the order they were released or not
>>
>>160079794
The post above yours answers that. First the movie, then the series. What he didn't include was the additional OVA's that are just extra stories, there's a shit ton of them. And some other movies I think.
>>160080125
The wikipedia page lists them by their chronological release date. I would follow that. Watching the extra stories without finishing the main series wouldn't make much sense.
>>
>>160080125
None of them are necessary. Only the main series is essential.

I 50% recommend watching "My Conquest is the Sea of Stars" before starting the main series. I only 25% recommend watching "Overture to a New War" before watching the main series, as it kinda replaces/retcons/overlaps with the first 2 episodes.
>>
File: A Hundred Billion 2.png (357KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
A Hundred Billion 2.png
357KB, 640x482px
>watch LoGH
>Reinhard is okay but overall I prefer Yang
>watch Gaiden
>Reinhard is a piece of shit and I hate his guts
What went wrong?
>>
>>160077607
>>POW exchange?
>>They must have planted a rat to instigate a coup
The old prisoner pretty much straight up told him that though. And the superintendent was being very antagonistic towards him so something was definitely up.
>>
>>160081600
Are you talking about season 1 or are you talking about Spiral Labyrinth? Because it looks like you're doing the latter when you should be doing the former.
>>
>>160079308

The Empire -never- did POW exchanges besides on occasion when they wanted top tier nobility back, and never on such a grand scale.

The Empire was about to (or just had, i can't remember exactly) to enter a bloody civil war which would leave it open to even a weakened FPA and having them enter the fray would reduce Reinhards likelihood of success.

The FPA was always politically weaker than the Empire due to its reliance on democracy which in itself had become flawed and after they made the first breakthrough into Empire territory and basically were in a position to win the war they suffered their greatest defeat to date all due to bullshit political reasons.

This is in addition to the recent rise of anti-government factions and pro-government extremists in the backdrop

Just because the series doesn't spoonfeed you like the fucking baby you are doesn't mean theres no clues towards it.
>>
>>160077607
He just is super smart. It would be a goddamn miracle if the books set up Yang in a way to make his brilliant insights actually brilliant.
>>
>>160082847
>The Empire -never- did POW exchanges besides on occasion when they wanted top tier nobility back, and never on such a grand scale.
Wrong. In Gaiden, it's mentioned that POW exchanges were done often enough for Christopf von Köfenhiller to decline to be exchanged in every one of them.
>The Empire was about to (or just had, i can't remember exactly) to enter a bloody civil war which would leave it open to even a weakened FPA and having them enter the fray would reduce Reinhards likelihood of success.
They had yet to enter civil war. Still, there would be little information available to Yang about the Lippstadt League or the political situation in the empire as a whole considering the only source of news for the Alliance on imperial politics is Phezzan. His lack of information is even alluded to as he fights his own civil war after the coup and often talks about how the civil war in the empire is probably winding down, showing his lack of certainty towards the situation given the information he has.
>The FPA was always politically weaker than the Empire due to its reliance on democracy which in itself had become flawed and after they made the first breakthrough into Empire territory and basically were in a position to win the war they suffered their greatest defeat to date all due to bullshit political reasons.
So? Maintaining POWs isn't cheap. It's a sticking point throughout the show how Phezzan economically dominates the universe by prolonging the war. It'd make sense to cut costs where they could.
>This is in addition to the recent rise of anti-government factions and pro-government extremists in the backdrop
I don't follow the logic to how this would lead to a coup
>>
Yang/Julian are honestly ridiculous. I think at one point the empire outnumbers Julian like 50k to 15k and still loses.
>>
>>160083366
It's wholly believable because Reinhard is an idiot who always fights on the front lines, so a battle can be ended quickly by going straight for him.

If Reinhard stayed behind and directed his ships from a distance then the Alliance would lose through sheer attrition.
>>
>>160083222
>Christopf von Köfenhiller

You mean that high ranking official who prisoner exchanges were set up for specifically to try and get him back home?

>His only source of news is Phezzan

You mean the people who specifically seed information and sell it like a commodity?

>So?
>I don't follow

YEAH ME NEITHER I GOT NO IDEA WHY POLITICAL INSTABILITY AND GRIEVANCES BY A MILITARY LOSING MILLIONS OVER POLITICAL INTERFERENCE WOULD LEAD TO A COUP

ITS A FUCKING MYSTERY.
>>
>>160083446
That annoys me because past the 1st season I felt like Reinhard almost never actually gave commands, he just sat there. After he became Kaiser he lost some of that agressiveness that I really appreciated in his character, besides the one moment when he sperged out and bit his finger. And, letting Julian survive and come to your room? I mean, really? I was in disbelief.

I think they approached his ship twice, once with Yang but was stopped after Mittenmeyer took over Heinessien and another time I'm forgetting.

Even when it was another admiral against Merkatz, the exact number is 51,700 GE ships vs 9,800 of Merks ships, and even though he dies, he still does sufficient enough damage to board the Hyperion. Mittenmeyer just lost again and again and it was really annoying.
>>
>>160083668
>And, letting Julian survive and come to your room? I mean, really? I was in disbelief.
I don't see the problem with this, it's not as if he's letting Julian come in suited in his space armor with his space axe.
>>
>>160083668
>>160083803
The problem is that he shouldn't be making Julian jump through these hoops in the first place.

Is galactic peace really contingent upon Julian not getting shot and not getting chopped in half for several hours? Will Reinhard really refuse to make peace with the rebels if Julian collapses in some corridor?
>>
>>160083803
it just felt kind of contrived. Like Reinhard wouldn't feel the need to make such a superficial meeting.
>>
File: space suit and space axe.jpg (173KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
space suit and space axe.jpg
173KB, 640x480px
>>160083803
I just rewatched this scene, and now I feel thoroughly stupid.
>>
>>160083885
>>160083983
>>160084024

I think you're all forgetting one thing.

Reinhard at this point has like a month or two to live at best?

Despite his initial ambition to free his sister, Reinhard had become a staunch believer in his autocracy and his rule as emperor and realizing his actual mortality after attaining it might have unbalanced him a lot.

This is not prime Reinhardt, this is whithered and dying Reinhardt who threw away thousands of lives for a job interview.
>>
>>160084086
I don't see how the Reinhard who wanted to fight for the people and against the corrupt Goldenbaum dynasty and refused to be a politician who sent his own troops to die is the same person who sent troops to fight the boarding party hoping that they would fail and that Julian would succeed. Basically everyone he sent died and those who didn't killed Schenkopff.
>>
>>160084148

Thats what im saying.

Dude had already had fucking hallucinations and was speaking to himself prior in the series, a lot of this gets cast off as narrative.

Im pretty sure Reinhard wasn't entirely sane by the end of the series thanks to whatever aliment he suffered frm.
>>
>>160084241
I still wonder to this day if Emil poisoned him
>>
>>160084423
Not only did Emil do it, but I'll tell you who introduced them and supplied Emil with the tools he needed.
>>
File: tumblr_opnln36Hx11vltrujo1_540.jpg (47KB, 356x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opnln36Hx11vltrujo1_540.jpg
47KB, 356x810px
>>160084468
Was Bittenfield right all along then?
>>
>>160083659
>high ranking
He was a captain and a noble. Hardly crucial to the war effort. And it was the Alliance trying to get rid of him, not the empire trying to get him back.
>You mean the people...
Phezzani Government =/= Phezzani merchants
The Phezzani Government conducts espionage on both sides to further their own goals. Merchants bring regular news and gossip as merchants do. There's no evidence in the show that the Phezzani Government told the Alliance Government that the civil war ever started or stopped or any otherwise normal news. There is plenty of proof that they reveal battle plans though, so that may be where the confusion lies.
>YEAH ME NEITHER...
Opposition parties in a republic, oh no, how abnormal
>>
File: smug chris.png (111KB, 222x245px) Image search: [Google]
smug chris.png
111KB, 222x245px
>>160077607
If Yang was so smart then why did he apologizehe'd still be alive.
>>
>>160077607
He's read at least 1 whole book. Which is more than anyone else in LoGH has.
>>
>>160084810
>>
>>160084864
He skimmed the first 8 pages then stopped.
>>
>>160084810
wrong I read the first two logh books and ordered all the japanese originals, although to be fair I can't read japanese
>>
>>160084877
I'm implying that the cast outside of yang are retards that somehow don't know the basics of strategic studies.
>>
>>160077607
>This entire fleet is crossing within our effective range for no reason?
I don't remember this, what's the context exactly?
>>
File: Capture.png (414KB, 599x450px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
414KB, 599x450px
>>160084876
He wrote that book
>>
>>160084939
The other admirals were sacrificing Reinhard's fleet out of spite. Reinhard survived by making his fleet look like a trap even though it actually wasn't a trap.

"Fire, Paeta"? More like "Fire Paeta".

Or "shoot". Yeah, that's a good one.
>>
File: 1409876029236.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1409876029236.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>160083668
>>160084024
>And, letting Julian survive and come to your room? I mean, really? I was in disbelief.

You miss the entire point. Reinhard doesn't operate on the same level as most military commanders. Philosophically, there are things he values above what matters in war - this is why he respected Yang to the point that he did, and that's why he respected Julian in that moment and began to talk diplomatically with him.
The sheer humanity of that situation rises above any conflict, as it's the key moment in which Julian really proves himself. In Reinhard's view, Julian earned that meeting,

I feel like you're viewing the show with a really literal lens. It's a space drama, and the mindset they gave Reinhard is what partially gives him that "larger than life" feel.
>>
I have a question. Did that Earth Cult guy that gets killed by Julian at the end want to destroy the Earth Cult? Because he did so much stupid shit, that it seemed like he was being retarded on purpose.
>>
>>160085347
Cults don't really operate on logic, mate
>>
>>160085369
>let's attack the emperor with every single surviving member we have including high ranking members that have never directly executed a plan
>oh no everyone got killed exactly when Julian's revenge could be carried out and when there was no time left in the story

It was just bad writing.
>>
>>160085658
When the Earth Cult storms them at the end, aren't they kind of successful at first? Enough to get Oberstein and some soldiers.
It's been a while since I watched it, but I also seem to remember that they were manipulated into going through with it so they could be wiped out, too.
>>
>>160085658
>>160085734
Oberstein didn't know where they all were, but he knew where some of them were. He leaked the information that this was their very last chance to assassinate the Kaiser, and they call came rushing because they knew that they wouldn't get another chance.
>>
>>160085734
Everything about their final plot is a device for the writer to tie up loose ends, Oberstein finally dies, the Earth Cult gets destroyed, and Julian gets his revenge. The fact that it all happens at the last minute also makes it seem more like shit writing.
>>
>>160085658
the religion was completely banned, they had nowhere to turn to brainwash new recruits, and the apparently they were the only ones left. The only logical sense for him was to kill the kaiser and make a name for himself with people who dont like him.
>>
File: top preview.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
top preview.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
>>160088161
Lol, These OVAs were always marketed to the readers, similar to them being historians of a sort, of LotGH so having these previews would actually help. However, only watching the series and not ever reading the books, these previews give so much away it's surprising.
>>
>>160085938
>Everything about their final plot is a device for the writer to tie up loose ends
I dont mind that as much because LotGH eventually needs an end and still exists as a story even though it heavily relies on drawing historical parallels. As long as it makes sense logically, I don't mind it and it was satisfying as a way for a good send-off for the series and to bring in a new age of the Empire.
>>
>>160077607
>Why does Yang have such an omniscient intuition? He seems to know the enemies plans to a tee every time
His experience as a historian
>>POW exchange?
>>They must have planted a rat to instigate a coup
Not necessarily a coup, but in fact all the returning POWs should be detained and their actions while being a prisoner be investigated. Just as it's done now
>>This entire fleet is crossing within our effective range for no reason?
>>Paeta, Fire!
It's a sin not to shoot an enemy when there's no order to remain hidden
>>Phezzan's motives?
>>Probably religious
I don't remember anything about that, probably I'll have to rewatch
>>
>>160084468
It was Oberstein, wasn't it?
>>
>>160081121
Sieg best boy.
>>
Why does Horikawa portray Reinhard with such a deep voice in the "my conquest" prequel short film compared to the series? Is it because of the sound quality or did he change the pitch for the series? Because he sounds almost like Fukuyama's Lelouch in some parts.
>>160088411
Why would Oberstein do that and then let himself die?
>>
>>160078512
>because he beat Bittenfeld about five times.
Lies. You have obviously fell for FPA propaganda and never learned of how the glorious admiral Bittenfeld fought over and over to the last man to finally crush Yang and bring peace to the galaxy. Legends of Bittenfeld's glory and courage are still spoken of to this day.
>>
>>160083885
>Is galactic peace really contingent upon Julian not getting shot and not getting chopped in half for several hours? Will Reinhard really refuse to make peace with the rebels if Julian collapses in some corridor?
Why is that so unthinkable? That'd be what Reinhard would call merit.

It's similar to his thinking on whoever succeeds him. It should be whoever can win to do so.
>>
>>160077607
Nigga wanted to be a historian. If you looked at all his strategy and tactics, you would realize he is basically reusing infamous battles and strategy to win. Hell one of his final battles is basically Hannibal's 'The Battle' with spaveships
>>
>>160092931
>If a leader is good at fighting then the people merit peace.
>If a leader dies then the people merit death! Kill them all, every last man, woman and child!
Reinhard is insane. It's a good thing he was assassinated before he burned down the galaxy.
>>
File: Badmiral Shittenfeld.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Badmiral Shittenfeld.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
>>160092347
>Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun der Menschen das gleiche
>In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same
A democratic republican lawyer professor and FPA veteran was teaching a propaganda class on Yang Wen-Li, known rebel.

Yellow Subs: "Before class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Yang and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Reinhard von Müsel!"

At this moment, a visiting brave, patriotic, pro-monarchy Imperial Armed Forces admiral who had recaptured Iserlohn Fortress 15 times and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decisions made by Herr Kakka stood and held up a bust of Arle Heinessen.

"What is the greatest known form of government?"

The arrogant professor smirked quite Phezzanily and smugly replied "A republican democracy, as created by the Heinessen in your hands."

"Wrong" said the admiral, as he crushed the bust into dust. "It’s been 500 years since Rudolf von Goldenbaum founded our Ginga Teikoku. If your system was worthwhile, as you say, then we wouldn't have defeated you so effortlessly in the Battle of Shiva."

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his frag and copy of the Riberty Berr. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal El Facil tears.

Mahler played as the students applauded and all registered Imperial Reconciliation that day and accepted baby Alexander as their lord and sovereign. A dog named "Paul von Oberstein" leaped into the admiral's arms, ate some chicken and did literally nothing wrong. The Imperial Pledge was read several times, and Silberberch's ghost showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the galaxy. If only Kircheis had been there...

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died in a Terraist attack and was tossed into Hel for all eternity while the legendary galactic heroes look down from Valhalla.

SIEG KAISER REINHARDO, HOFF KAISERIN HILDEGARDO
>>
>>160077607
Yang is the embodiment of the theme of the show, which is that history repeats itself. Yang, the historian, is therefore able to predict the future by looking at the presence through the lens of the past.
>>
>>160094299
a good leader doesn't get into a battle he can't win
>>
>>160095048
>if the leader isn't a good leader then the people deserve to suffer
Wew.
>>
>>160094299
>It's a good thing he was assassinated
More like die out of a sickness the author pulled out of his ass. If anything the hard part of being emperor is managing a heavily militarized empire
>>
>>160095117
if the leader isn't a good leader then countless people will suffer
>>
>>160094523
I cry everytime
>>
>>160088161
Damn. I'm glad I never watched the previews.
>>
Is there any other shows that I'd probably enjoy if I like LotGH? I feel like it's hard to find shows that fit that niche.
>>
>>160096232
Read a book
>>
>>160096232
Monster, Texhnolyze, NGE, HxH.
>>
>>160096373
I've watched all of those except for Texhnolyze and it's been sitting on my hard drive for awhile now. I'll check it out.
>>
>>160079591
Sentai apparently licensed the series for a US release, but there hasn't been any news on that for a while.
>>
People really aren't that hard to read, especially if you have ingenuity built from internalizing basic history.
>>
>>160096232
War and Peace, I think it's what inspired the show.
>>
>>160077607

>Why does Yang have such an omniscient intuition? He seems to know the enemies plans to a tee every time

Because he's Yoshiki Tanaka's own Mary Sue. No, really, Yang is even the exact same age Tanaka was when he published Vol. 1 back in the Eighties.
>>
>>160096232
Star Trek
>outer space
>spaceships
>military ranks
>talking about stuff
>pretentious and elitist fanbase
Just like LoGH.
>>
>>160096571
A self insert and a Mary Sue are different things you know.
>>
Fact: the longer Reinhard's hair got, the worse he became, mentally, physically etc, the more weary he became

I know its supposed to be analogous to a lions mane but he just looked and felt sharper with his shorter hair. To me his hair growing longer and longer is representative of his loss of strength and tact over the years.

I kept waiting to see when he would finally show up with it short again but he hadn't cut it once since becoming Kaiser. Am I the only one with this weird probably retarded opinion/observation?
>>
File: 71xzruJ2cdL.jpg (235KB, 1707x2560px) Image search: [Google]
71xzruJ2cdL.jpg
235KB, 1707x2560px
>>160096338
This. I'd recommend reading up on Warlord Era China. The narrative behind that whole period of Chinese history feels like LoGH on steroids.
>>
>>160096719
He looks so ugly with long hair. The short hair just made him look stronger, more youthful, more energetic.
>>
>>160096658

A self-insertion that's the story revolves around, has heightened ability over and above the other characters, is widely praised and adored, demonstrates his superiorirty repeatedly, whose enemies are imbecilic, and where he suffers it's only to excite sympathy and indulgence, is a very good description of a Mary Sue.
>>
>>160096769
Yeah glad you agree, it just kept irking me I wish he would have cut it off, it seemed representative of a ruler who was becoming complacent and jaded unlike 1-2 years younger Reinhaird.

I just do not like the look at all, it doesn't seem to fit him.
>>
>>160079794
Watch the first two movies. They are important, and really good movies themselves. Then watch the show. After that, it's on to the prequels (if you want). But the first two movies are really important. Do not ignore them.
>>
>>160096786
Nope. Plenty of times where Yang isn't in a position to act upon his insight. The story doesn't bend to suit him, combined with the fact that he has way more negative traits than characters like Julien and Kircheis.
>>
Its been irking me ever since,

WHAT DID SHE SAY
>>
>>160097255
I once found this Russian music video of her and Dusty. The Russian fans are so strange.
>>
>>160097397
Wait what, she only appears in this episode though.
>>
>>160097413
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoPXw3saJe4
>>
>>160097494
Well that was strange, whats more is when did they show more of the Baroness, I don't remember those scenes at all, are they from Gaiden? I haven't watched those yet if so.
>>
>>160097626

Yes, she appears in quite a few of the Gaiden episodes
>>
>>160096373
Go kill yourself
>>
>>160096571
Instead of the other one where everyone tell him how amazing he is and died coz he was too good for this world?

I bet the author dreams that he is Kircheis fucking Reinhard though
>>
>>160097871
Well then theres more reason to watch it, I liked her a lot even if she only appeared in that one episode in LoGH main series
>>
File: 1500225264678.png (29KB, 325x247px) Image search: [Google]
1500225264678.png
29KB, 325x247px
>>160098089
>implying it isn't Reinhard fucking Kircheis
>>
>>160094523
SIEG HAKA
>>
>>160098089
>>160098141
>Siegkun never got to make sweet sweet love to Annerosesama
It's not fair.
>>
>>160085938
>shit writing.
Eh. The Fezzan and Earth Cult plots weren't that great.
>>
>>160094523
SIEG KAISER REINHARD, SEIG NEUE REICH
>>
>>160100707
I want to know what happens to Earth now that, the Earth Cult is gone. It will take a while for the brainwashing and indoctrination to subside but what then? What do the remaining Earthlings do now that they are no longer mostly subservient to the cult that basically ruled over Earth.

Heck even by the time the Empire raided their Earth HQ it was probably the end of their reign on Earth, so what happens to Earth now?
>>
File: latest.png (1MB, 898x2895px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1MB, 898x2895px
>>160079591
http://kissanime.ru/
>>
>>160096719
>>160096851
Reinhard was always a whiny, needy, sociopathic narcissist.

Citation: Gaiden
>>
>>160102169
What did he do in Gaiden?
>>
>>160088161
I knew about that long before I watched the series because people were posting it in manly tears threads.
I watched that preview.
Yet my heart wasn't a bit ready. I still cried and couldn't go back to watching it for 3 weeks.
>>
>>160096769
The long hair made him look more like nobility. He became kingly with his long, flowing locks.

Personally I prefer the long hair quite a bit.
The short hair just reminds me of when he was younger.
>>
File: 1457468486713.jpg (645KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457468486713.jpg
645KB, 960x720px
I want to be a true fan and read the manga too, but I just can't. The style is pure abomination.
>>
>>160103734
Then just read the novels.
>>
File: logh96a.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
logh96a.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>160088425
Reuental best man.
>>
>>160103803
I'm already doing that. I stopped studying Japanese once I learned that the novels were going to be translated to English.

Speaking of novels, what do you think about the translator change for the 4th volume? I had seen that people weren't very happy with the quality of the translation. I left my copy at work and the place is closed down for renovations. I'm so frustrated that I can't read it right now.
>>
>>160094523
SIEG KAISER REINHARDO
>>
File: 1468000165068.jpg (207KB, 640x1435px) Image search: [Google]
1468000165068.jpg
207KB, 640x1435px
>>160096232
A lot of people recommend the Rose of Versailles. I'm only 10 episodes in, but it looks like it's getting better. MC looks like Reinhardt except female
>>
>>160104308
I'm a big fan of both LoGH and Rose of Versailles, so that image is fucking hilarious.

I like Rose of Versailles because I like Shoujo drama shit, though. I don't think it's all that similar to LOGH.
>>
>>160094523
>Mahler
If they don't keep classical music for the new anime and go for a lackluster new OST, I'll riot. It's thanks to LOGH that I started listening to Mahler.
>>
>>160104532
They'll use Norwegian art pop
>>
>>160104532
I'm worried that's exactly what will happen with the reboot. And that they will focus too much on flashy space battles when in the series its just mostly blue energy lasers and missiles, ship blowing up, and rarely an internal view of the chaos and carnage inside the ships as they're attacked but not all the time
>>
File: moereinhard.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
moereinhard.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>160104910
Even worse, thay can go full SoL. I loved those moments in the original, but only because they were rare.
>>
>>160098089
>>160098141
https://exhentai.org/s/d20cd814a6/756525-14
>>
>>160105930
not even gonna click
>>
>>160106023
It's not yaoi
>>
>>160106088
kek, that was unexpected
>>
>>160105930
Joke's on you, I don't have an account
>>
>>160106226
https://e-hentai.org/s/d20cd814a6/756525-14
>>
File: 1500626958535.jpg (23KB, 426x409px) Image search: [Google]
1500626958535.jpg
23KB, 426x409px
Yang even got his figure painted before those of the Empire kids.
>>
>>160106375
This gallery has been removed or is unavailable.
You will be redirected to the front page momentarily.
>>
>>160104053
The translation for book 4 is noticeably worse imo (as far as readability in English anyway). I didn't know the translator had changed when I started reading the book, definitely noticed a difference within a couple chapters. Sentences didn't flow well and it seemed like they tried to keep too close to the Japanese phrasing. I often had to stop and reread parts because they were so awkwardly worded I couldn't tell what they were trying to say. It probably didn't help that I found most of volume 4 really boring.
>>
>>160107528
That's bad to hear, I believed that the translation would improve with another translator.
>>
File: 1497544362012.gif (716KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497544362012.gif
716KB, 480x360px
>>
>>160106745
His sculpt is also better than theirs.
>>
>>160077607
Stop shitposting.
>>
>>160113090
Never
>>
>>160101090
Earth was a mostly forgotten backwater planet for hundreds of years. Why would we expect any different now?
>>
>>160077607
To be fair, after a while he starts abusing the fact that his own reputation makes all of his opponents massively overthink things and make poor decisions.
>>
File: 1444837286974.jpg (415KB, 758x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1444837286974.jpg
415KB, 758x1706px
>>
File: 1499749507131.png (76KB, 186x195px) Image search: [Google]
1499749507131.png
76KB, 186x195px
>>160109160
Shit. I wonder what he sees in that glass.
>>
>>160106745
I can't say I've ever wanted a figure before in all my time of watching anime. Where the fuck do I get this?
>>
>>160102305
>Ensign Reinhard: Waahhh, why am I just an Ensign? I should be an Admiral!
>Lieutenant Reinhard: Waahhh, why am I just an Lieutenant? I should be an Admiral! How am I going to earn glorious honor on the battlefield like this?
>Captain Reinhard: Waahhh, why am I just an Captain? I should be an Admiral! How am I going to earn glorious honor on the battlefield like this? All my superiors are corrupt, how much longer until I can replace them?
>Admiral Reinhard: Waahhh, why am I just a 2-stripe Admiral ? I should be a 3-stripe Admiral! How am I going to earn glorious honor on the battlefield like this? All my superiors are corrupt, how much longer until I can replace them? All those rebels are incompetent, when do I get a chance to kill them all?
>>
>>160109160
How do I get as based as Reuental?
>>
>>160120214
Start by killing 3 million innocent people.
>>
I bought all the original japanese books. I accidentally ordered two copies of book #8...
what can I do with it?
>>
>>160120299
Make a video of yourself masturbating onto it while calling out your favorite character's name. Upload to YouTube and share.
>>
>>160120299
send the copy to Tanaka and ask for him to sign it.
>>
File: e7DJuwU.jpg (35KB, 627x470px) Image search: [Google]
e7DJuwU.jpg
35KB, 627x470px
The great Kaiser Reinhard von Lohengramm has come to ask your hand in marriage. What do?
>>
3 > 2 > 1 > 4
1 > 4 > 3 > 2
This is objective
>>
>>160123646
OP4 is legit my favorite. I mean, it's terrible English that I can't help but laugh at, but the laughter warms my cold heart.
>>
File: 1485880391276.jpg (407KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485880391276.jpg
407KB, 960x720px
>>160077607
Because he's a miracle
>>
File: cute gun.png (278KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cute gun.png
278KB, 640x480px
>>160125102
DUDE SEMICIRCLES LMAO
>>
File: 44e.jpg (164KB, 590x2400px) Image search: [Google]
44e.jpg
164KB, 590x2400px
why is yang so racist?
>>
>>160125943
I always forget. What's the justification behind this?
>>
LoGH would be a flawless show if it weren't for the Earth Cult church and everything surrounding it. I am sure it would be possible to write it off the story without changing much.

Also maybe if it had a proper conclusion. What did Reinhard die of anyway?
>>
>>160126516
He shouldn't be there and neither should Julian.
>>
>>160126568
Incurable auto-immune disease.
>>
>>160126568
What was the earth cult based on anyway ? I don't remember any cult in history ever being important enough to influence politics of a country
>>
>>160126732
Haven't been following the news in South Korea recently then?
>>
>>160126732
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Snow_White
>>
>>160077607
Only the Phezzan one really seems like an ass pull to me. The others are pretty easy predictions. You don't even need to be a history buff to predict them.
>>
File: 1491545028891.png (1MB, 529x761px) Image search: [Google]
1491545028891.png
1MB, 529x761px
>>160079634
Not an argument
>>
>>160079750
Mind linking to spiral labyrinth, the prequel series?
>>
>>160127617
There are actually 2 prequel series. You should also look for "A Hundred Billion Stars, A Hundred Billion Lights".
>>
>>160127617
https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/364077
Here's Overture to a New War also
https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/120676
If your just starting the series it can be worth it to watch both the first two episodes of the show and this movie.
>>
File: QUALITY.webm (621KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY.webm
621KB, 640x480px
The DVD scenes are pure QUALITY
>>
>>160127777
It works. His perspective changes, so that's more than most walking scenes.

Also, it's a distance model, so whatever. That really isn't that bad by any means.
>>
Does anyone have a comparison of the original and the scenes that were supposedly redrawn?
>>
File: LoGH reboot.jpg (691KB, 1500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
LoGH reboot.jpg
691KB, 1500x3000px
>>160128407
"Supposedly"?
>>
>>160088161
>Blue subtitles
>>
>>160128480
The strange thing is that there appears to be three versions of art.

I know the "2017 reboot" thing is trolling, but count them:

>The original 1988 mail-order VHS
>The first redraw, which gives the show the style most associated with it
>The Gaiden-style digital redraws

How did it get redrawn so much?
>>
>>160128230
His walk isn't what's important, look at the door at the beginning
>>
>>160128721
Oh god, you're right.
>>
>>160085938
>The fact that it all happens at the last minute also makes it seem more like shit writing.

That's not shit writing, that is just how classical stories are told, and LoGH is clearly emulating those classic stories. It's part of the format. You might not like it but that doesn't make it shit. It's like complaining how the hero always gets the girl at the end in the hero's journey archetype.
>>
>>160092931
Reinhard is a total romanticist. It's one of his weaknesses. He even comments to Oberstein that he wish he could be 100% a realist like him.

So the whole thing with Julian at the end was to see if his enemies really valued democracy enough to sacrifice their lives in a hopeless struggle. By doing so they demonstrated, to him, that maybe democracy was worth preserving. It's really not anymore complex than that.
>>
File: laughing animes.jpg (36KB, 582x406px) Image search: [Google]
laughing animes.jpg
36KB, 582x406px
>>160094523
>The arrogant professor smirked quite Phezzanily
>Phezzanily

I lost it

>>160096232
There is an OVA series, I forget the name, that is sort of like LoGH but with surface ships on Earth. The premise is at some point someone set up laser satellites which shoot down any aircraft flying higher than 1000ft, so this forced a return to battleships. There is even a character who is tactical genius, and not only does he look like Reinhard but he is voiced by him too. It only got a partial adaption though.
>>
>>160096786
>that's the story revolves around, has heightened ability over and above the other characters, is widely praised and adored, demonstrates his superiorirty repeatedly, whose enemies are imbecilic, and where he suffers it's only to excite sympathy and indulgence

This also describes Reinhard to a T. And Julian. And Kircheis. So is everyone a mary sue then? Go shitpost elsewhere.

>>160096577

Same for you.
>>
>>160127660
>>160127680
No I first watched the main series over 10 years ago when Anime Legends first released their laser disk version of the show, I just never got around to watching Spiral labyrinth is all.
>>
>>160084468
Actually Emil was ordered by Hildegard to serve Reinhard after he coincidentally ran into him in the hallway and left an impression on him.
>>
>>160101696
This is old and needs to be updated. The first few novels have been officially translated for a while now.
>>
>>160128899
I agree fullheartedly. I don't have anything to add, I just think that's a spot on view of the scenario.
It really isn't all that difficult to get, that side of him is emphasized fairly obviously.
>>
>>160079634
>Yang
>mary sue
How about you finish the series pal
>>
File: hihi.jpg (11KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
hihi.jpg
11KB, 217x232px
>>160116880
I was waiting forever for that scene when I was watching LOGH after seeing it getting posted a couple of times on /m/. The wonders of putting things out of context.
>>
>>160128690
>How did it get redrawn so much?
From what I've heard, and is probably true since other older shows seems to suffer from this, is that the cels were just too old and damaged.
>>
Is there a version out there without the shit gazillion redraws

I just got to like episode 26 or something on the latest remaster or whatever, and the shit changes artstyle 5 times within a few minutes, it's jarring as hell
>>
>>160131036
It changes back.
>>
>>160131036
I'm good at not minding this. Didn't bother me at all in the Zeta movies for instance.
>>
File: output.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>160131125
It definitely does, back and forth, back and forth
>>
>>160131863
This triggers me so much

I can't
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.