[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK was this ending?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14

File: shu.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shu.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
What the FUCK was this ending?
>>
>>160066988
I liked the climax, the soundtrack carried that show for me
>>
>>160067149
I thought the show was fine, the soundtrack did turn out to be the best part in the end. But I'm seriously confused at what happened in this last part. How did he not die? Why is he blind now? What happened to other characters like that blonde psycho guy and Arisa?
>>
"Redemption" for crimes he was never actually responsible for, considering how much of a malleable dishcloth he was and how abundantly shit his life was at nearly all formative stages.

He was a pathetic, awful character who was completely unlikable, but even this was perversely harsh and not at all justified by the context.

And if this was actually done on purpose to elicite sympathy, the writer should be put on some sort of list.
>>
The entire show was about shitting on Shoe again and again and again. It was only natural that they'd save the best for last.
>>
>>160066988
What the fuck was the whole show, more like.
>>
>>160067379
>>160067414
Yeah, I don't really get why he got so much punishment. Is it because of the part where he turns into Weeb Hitler? People betrayed him for a pretty stupid reason back then, it would probably make no difference if he told them about the Voids breaking or not, considering using them was still the most reliable way out of that situation.

I feel like I watched EVA 3.0 without it being EVA 3.0. Shitting on the MC is fine when he deserves it, like when Shu was being a cowardly prick back then and he was being constantly told to man the fuck up and beaten by Gai. But he didn't do anything to deserve that endgame.
>>
>>160066988
Of all the bullshit in this show there was nothing quite as bullshit as this line.
>>
>>160066988
His waifu is dead and he is a blind cripple
>>
>>160068621
And they proceeded to never show him again. Was it too much to at least have an epilogue scene for that dude where he's actually being somewhat of a good guy?
>>
>>160068796
Yes.
>>
>>160067605
It is basically 3.0 before 3.0 was a thing.
>>
File: shu.jpg (17KB, 296x366px) Image search: [Google]
shu.jpg
17KB, 296x366px
Shoe..
>>
>>160066988
That was completely mean spirited, he was shat on since before he was even fucking born and everyone kept pilling on him everything and expecting him to work miracles and when he followed the dumb advice of his friends because he was a pathetic human being they still blamed him for the consequences.

It was because of Shoe that I started disliking the director since I finally noticed how he keeps making his MCs be absolutely miserable for no real reason.

Its like he took the tragic hero thing and somehow failed to understand that there is supposed to be payoff of some kind instead of just making him go blind, amputate his arm, go half crazy and become a hermit like Shoe did
>>
On the other hand, this guy was great.
>>
>>160066988

No worse than the show deserved.
>>
>>160067379
>>160067605
I think it was something related to his dad and Mana because nips have the retarded idea that a person is directly responsable for a family member's crimes.
>>
File: gai_attacking_the_darkness.jpg (141KB, 1275x716px) Image search: [Google]
gai_attacking_the_darkness.jpg
141KB, 1275x716px
Oh Guilty Crown. I dropped you every week.
>>
>>160070522
But weren't his parents also victims of the alien rock virus?
>>
>>160070533
I hate this guy and his master plan.

It was basically just cause shoe as much suffering as possible.
>>
>>160071636
Yes, even Mana was somewhat of a victim because it was the space cancer that was making her go insane. She even cried to Shu for help after she realized what was going on, some seconds before causing the second impact.

They probably just shat on Shu because they thought the MC suffering automatically makes a narrative good.
>>
File: BOUNTIFUL plot.jpg (14KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
BOUNTIFUL plot.jpg
14KB, 240x240px
>>160066988
Guilty Crown died to me the minute the best girl did. Who even cares
>>
>>160071895
I thought the show was fairly good...

Then the betrayal scene happened.
Then Gai being brought back to life happened.
Then fucking literally everything until the ending happened.

Now the 7/10 I thought I would give it dropped to 5/10.
>>
>>160071895
shut up and heal that car
>>
File: 1329009113538.jpg (234KB, 1204x810px) Image search: [Google]
1329009113538.jpg
234KB, 1204x810px
>>160071895
>>
God I fucking hated this show.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5DVa5iYgSY
eeeehhhh EEEEEEHHH eeeeeEEEEEEEEEHHHHH
>>
God-tier OP. Meh-tier anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWi2QANNym8
>>
>>160072183
LICKING CHOCOLATE IN MY DRAINAGE
>>
SO EVERYTHING THAT MAKES ME WHORE
>>
>>160072220
Licking chocolate in my drainage
Dick is my life and not my sorrow
Spaghetti are better since mine are empty
Then my capper is a wurstel, get food

When they get their time in the echo
Father, he went home to get horny
Dust against my knee
There's two near gay Gaben high
Dicking
>>
>>160072140
>>160072110

>tfw your gf dies and some literal who comes up and says this https://youtu.be/URNy062Fr7s?t=5m21s
>>
File: shoe-punch.png (209KB, 639x359px) Image search: [Google]
shoe-punch.png
209KB, 639x359px
>>160072110
>>160072140
Fuck you Soda
>>
Shoe....
>>
>>160071768
>Shu gets memory back
>not a single internal monologue about his sister getting infected by crazy virus
>it's like she doesn't even exist in his mind
>Mana resurrects
>happy to see him
>he treats her like shit

Being Mana is suffering.
>>
File: 1332638758676.jpg (18KB, 300x368px) Image search: [Google]
1332638758676.jpg
18KB, 300x368px
>>160072427
>>160069116
>tfw dead
>>
>>160070533
>implying that scene wasn't GOAT
>>
>>160072365
thats how shoe hitler was born
>>
>>160072595
Shu could have saved the day by giving her a hug when she resurrected.
>>
>>160068621
That part was fucking hilarious
>>
>>160071895
I was more pissed at the fact that fucking Soda never got his comeuppance for causing her death, at least Arisa was implied to be arrested and raped to death since she was last seen surrounded by a bunch of U.N soldiers.
>>
>>160072146

The middle point was actually pretty good I thought. Lord of the Flies with super powers, almost like Infinite Ryvius. Endless sources of pointless action, melodrama and embarassing "fight the power" narratives.

The entire show should have been that. Valvrave was basically that idea done again, but of course like all these shows has an absurd amount of extraneous characters and nonsense concepts mashed together.

Japan in general seems to love making interesting anime original concepts then filling them with pointless extra bullshit and dropping the original concept for write-by-numbers action anime tropes.In the case of Guilty Crown it's worse as they managed to put generic shit at the end and beginning at the same time.

I'm just jaded now because I see shows with interesting beginnings that are cool genre mash-ups, like Aldnoah Zero and Kabeneri and they turn out the fucking same every time. Here's some pointless characters that ruin the entire show, hey we jumped the shark and now a somewhat cool ending with absolutely no impact because everyone stopped caring when we brought in mutant zombie lasers and royalty clones three episodes prior.
>>
>>160072051
The last arc would probably work better if it was extended into a second season with 10 or so additional episodes, it was obviously rushed the way it came out
>>
>>160072735
She actually isn't dead, she got transported to a world where the void lives and she helps there, the shitty thing is that Shoe is capable of seeing it and feeling her touch but can't go there until he dies and is literally blind to the rest of the normal world, the lyrics of each new song are about what is happening in that world
>>
>>160073268
>can meet his waifu and stay forever by her side in another world if he dies
>prefers to stay alive being blind and crippled
>>
>>160073380
Its so he doesn't fuck over the minds of his friends or some horse shit like that
>>
>>160073407
I would tell those backstabbing niggers to go fuck themselves and commit sudoku to go to void heaven.
>>
>>160073505
Thats becuase you haven't entered the messiah mindset he had by the end of the show, he entered some sort of zen state after all the bad shit happened
>>
>>160068621
>this is what the female fans actually believe
I guess killing a mother and her child is OK if you have daddy issues and happen to be really, really good looking
>>
Shame they killed that american dude, he made things a bit fun.
>>
>>160074349
I guess they did try to make him slowly develop into a good person, he interacted with that hacker girl and seemed to have liked her. Later when the void copies of them were delivered to GHQ everyone besides him shot them down.

But suddenly he's a bad guy again in the last couple of episodes, except that deep down he's a good guy according to the dude who saved him. Seriously, make up your fucking mind already.
>>
>>160074443
>I guess they did try to make him slowly develop into a good person, he interacted with that hacker girl and seemed to have liked her.
Fuck that shit. He killed a mother and her child. He doesn't even have the excuse of following orders, Daryl did it for pure sadism. What a piece of crap!
>>
>>160074580
I agree he was a piece of shit, I just remembered that they apparently wanted to make him into a "good guy" but gave up halfway trhough. He's probably the second character from this show I hated the most, only Soda tops him in that regard.
>>
>>160074687
At the end, I hated everyone except for Shoe, Inori and Hare. Shoe is cripple, Inori is on another dimension and Hare is dead. Definitely the Evangelion 3.0 before Evangelion 3.0 was a thing.
>>
I remember thirstily latching on to this show in the desperate hope that it would fill the R2-sized hole in my life. What a mistake that was.
>>
The Yuuki Kaji/Ai Kayano protagonist/LI era was a dark time.
>>
>>160074908
CG and GC are similar on quality, except CG work better on pandering to the audience while GC tried and miserably failed to be the next Eva.
>>
>>160074770
Ayase was nice too, I wish she was given some background in that episode where she was feeling like shit for Gai's death.
>>
>>160074409
Dan Eagleman was a true American Hero.
>>
>>160075006
People only think they are similar due to how the first episode started
>MC student who is bored of normal life
>get involved in some sort of rebel/terrorist incident
>meets mysterious girl and gets a special power from her

Other than that though it gets pretty different.
>>
File: based dan.png (430KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
based dan.png
430KB, 500x390px
>>160074409
>>160075071
Based Dan should have been the MC instead of Shu
>>
>>160075135
I said quality, what mean CG is shit but shit with good publicity and that know how to pander to multiple demograhics. Basically the Marvel of anime
>>
>>160068691
His waifu literally lives on inside of him.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.