[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's another Anime in a school setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 3423234.png (306KB, 487x460px) Image search: [Google]
3423234.png
306KB, 487x460px
>it's another Anime in a school setting
>>
You'll understand when you're older
>>
>Ask for a Sci Fi Anime recommendation
"Dude, check this show out. It's about this teenage boy who attends school by day and then by night, he activates this watch that sends him into the future! He also has a harem of qt moe waifus!"
>Ask for a Fantasy Anime recommendation
"Dude, check this show out. It's about this teenage boy who attends school by day and then by night, he activates this watch that turns him into this demon slaying badass! He also has a harem of qt waifus!"
>Ask for an Anime like Berserk
"Dude, check this show out. It's about this teenager who goes to this schoo-...."
>Ask for an Anime like Monster
"Dude, check this show out. It's about this teenager who goes to this medical schoo-..."
>Ask for an Anime like Cowboy Bebop
"Dude, check this show out. It's about this teenager who goes to this school on mars, it-....>"

What the FUCK went wrong?
>>
its way too easy of a setting to write around. i dont mind if it's the first episode and never explored much again but the school setting is all played out.
>>
>>160032936
Chaika is one of the only shows I've seen that didn't have a teen protagonist. Toru is 20 or 21, basically ancient by anime standards.
>>
front page?
>>
>>160032936
>It's another faggot OP complaining about anime cliche in green text

Fuck off back to ANN/Animesuki/MAL, faggot.
>>
>>160032936
Life for Japanese people ends when they finish high school/college.
>>
File: FAG smug materias.jpg (110KB, 763x585px) Image search: [Google]
FAG smug materias.jpg
110KB, 763x585px
OP is a FAG
>>
>target audience is 16 year olds
>setting is somewhere extremely relatable
>oh the horror
stop reading shounen if you don't like it faggot
>>
>>160034110
This.
High school is pretty much the last time Japanese people feel any semblance of happiness or friendship.
>>
>>160033086
kek
>>
>>160033086
I know. Elementary school is my style
>>
And what's wrong with it?
Dude, most part of anime has this setting. If you don't like it, maybe you should just go watch something else and stop whining. Have you heard of Marvel bullshit? Go check it out, it's perfect for "hurr too old for this durr" fags like you
>>
>>160034147
>>160034147
>>
>>160033086
>What the FUCK went wrong?
The only thing wrong is the shit shows you listed
>>
>>160034147
When I was a kid, I didn't want nor need my heroes or protagonists to be like me. Superman didn't need to be a child. I didn't need to see Batman in HS.
This is some kind of modern illness in both Asian media and Western media.
>>
File: 56557343.png (261KB, 654x473px) Image search: [Google]
56557343.png
261KB, 654x473px
>>160033086

It's sad how accurate this post is.

Shitposts and memes aside. I know that there have been some top tier Anime made recently but whenever I fucking ask for a recommendation in a particular genre (Dark Fantasy for example) it LITERALLY ALWAYS either:

1. Stars some faggy teenage protagonist
2. Is in a school setting

Every single time, without fail.
>>
>>160034264
Fuck off, it's the setting/age group of the vast majority of anime. Just because you need an easy self insert protagonist to enjoy your escapist fantasies about anime girls and shit doesn't mean it needs to be the entire fucking industry.
>>
>>160034582
>likes capeshit
>>>/co/
>>
>>160034945
>likes highschools
>>
>>160033086
>Ask for a Sci Fi Anime recommendation
"dude, boku no pico!"
>Ask for a Fantasy Anime recommendation
"dude, boku no pico!"
"pico!!"
"copicopicopi......."
"cockcockocockoppipipippipipipipip.......
>>
>>160034926
But that's the industry. I can't understand you fags complaining about every single detail of this industry and media, and keep insisting on it. What's that, do you guys think you are special snowflakes whining about everything over and over again? Do you feel smart?
I guess it's fine if you don't enjoy a single thing or two, once in a while, but if you hate everything, everytime and about the whole thing, why can't you be more intelligent and figure out that you DISLIKE THIS THING and get off of this board?
Stop killing it and go find what you actually enjoy.
>>
>>160035006
if I read a shounen/shoujo I don't complain when it has a highschool setting
maybe you should try seinen
>>
>>160035167

But I don't dislike Anime. I thoroughly enjoyed Monster, Berserk, Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, Ninja Scroll etc.

I just hate moeshit school trash aimed at losers who had a shitty school life and need to "relive a better one" so they can wash away those memories of the days they spent getting ridiculed for being a pathetic loser weeb.
>>
File: check this.png (219KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
check this.png
219KB, 600x325px
Are weebs the same as Feminists?

Feminists
>Hate movies starring attractive and interesting women because it makes them feel insecure over how fat, ugly and boring they are
>Would prefer if movies had nothing but fat ugly boring women like themselves

Weebs
>Hate movies starring REAL handsome and muscular/powerful men because it makes them feel insecure over how fat, ugly and pathetic they are.
>Would prefer if Anime had nothing but ugly dorks like themselves
>>
Where did this trope start anyways? I remember older anime had school settings, but most of the time the attention was drawn away from it.
>>
>>160035267
God you are a living cliche
>>
>>160035267
That's for who anime is made for. If you're not part of us, this is not for you.

>losers who had a shitty school life and need to "relive a better one" so they can wash away those memories of the days they spent getting ridiculed for being a pathetic loser weeb.

What are you doing here? You even talk like a pathetic normalfag. You shouldn't even know this media, go have fun in your parties and this sort of bullshit.
>>
File: The School with no Shame!.jpg (295KB, 629x739px) Image search: [Google]
The School with no Shame!.jpg
295KB, 629x739px
>>160035380
It's old
>>
>>160035267

>Moeshit

Calm down /v/-kun
>>
>>160033086

>feels

>>>/b/
>>
>>160032936
>MC is a super powerful badass
>can't deal with a kiss or seeing pantsu
>>
>>160032936
>with a boring MC
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.