[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gantz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

I just finished the anime which ends in a cliffhanger and I wanted to start reading the manga because of that but
>Chapters: 383
This is longer than even akagi.
Is there anyone who read this all and didn't regret it?
Should I read this or is it a waste of my time?
>>
>>160024268
Read it all you dip, it's a good manga
>>
>>160024268
>Chapters: 383
that isn't a lot
>>
>>160024268
I want more of the dumb cow goddess!
>>
>>160024745
She wasn't dumb but average maybe with a slight learning disability.
>>
>>160024848
Meh, dunno
>>
File: 0HFh9N4.png (353KB, 752x473px) Image search: [Google]
0HFh9N4.png
353KB, 752x473px
I haven't watched the anime but the manga is enjoyable. Muscle Rider is worth it.
>>
Nah, it's total garbage, just like everything else that mangaka ever made.
>>
>>160024268
>implying 383 chapters is a lot

Your newfag is showing
>>
>>160024268
I read the manga 2 or 3 times and i love it. I also watched the anime first and was really sad with the cliffhanger. I wanted to see more, so i started to read the manga. And it was totally worth it. Right now i have the urge to read it again. I would say the pacing is on pair with "Kamisama no Iutoori" also a very good manga. I can really relate with the characters
>>
>>160025184
I don't read much manga, I mainly watch anime.
I've been here for many years now
>>
>>160024268
It's easy to breeze through since a lot of chapters have no dialogue. Also you can skip to chapter 90 (just after where Kato dies since the rest of the anime is non-canon shit) if you saw the anime if you really want to.
>>
>>160025139
i really love gantz and all the spinoffs and Zero One isn't that bad also (from what those 3 volumes show) i tried to read Inuyashiki but something was off, need to give it another try. someday. romance isn't mine like for the most of 4chan
>>
>>160025403
for years i only watched animes and never touched mangas. but mangas show much more and there are so many good mangas which never good an anime but are fantastic.
>>
>>160024268
Gantz is good until the end of the first season. Season 2 with the 100 points alien and 3 with are very disappoiting.
>>
whenever someone says something about Gantz i get easily triggerd
>>
383 chapters isn't that much for a weekly manga.

It's like half of Naruto.
>>
>>160025732
there's a season 3 now?
>>
>>160025689
I've gotten into manga but only a little, really.
Maybe I should read more, I'll probably get around to it when I run out of decent anime.
>>
The manga is great until the end of the "first phase" then it starts to get worse and worse...the ending is rushed but as i mentioned the first part is actually great and i recomend reading it from the begginning, there are a lot of plot points that differ from the anime and are important to see the whole picture.
>>
>>160025897
I meant "part" sorry, I was talking about the manga (paper).

The first part is great, it's from the beginning of the manga to the Oni demon. Second part is when they have to fight the 100 point monster, and the third part is with the alien ships.

http://gantz.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Arcs

Basically chapters 1-237 are good. After that I think it was much less interesting.
>>
File: Gantz Alien Samurai.jpg (94KB, 728x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Gantz Alien Samurai.jpg
94KB, 728x1046px
It's good but holy shit does the author abandon plots at the drop of a hat. Also the ending was shit.
>>
>>160025924
was exactly the same with me. i lost interesst in anime when the anime season was shit and i searched something to pass the time.
>>
>tl;dr Gantz manga is totally worth it IF you concentrate more on the characters
>>
>>160025978
>>160026197
why do so many people not like the ending?

I thought it was fine and didn't feel rushed at all, wasn't the last storyline the longest one? how is that rushed?

I thought the ending was waaaay more satisfying than 90% of the shit I read/watch
>>
>>160024268
1.) The few arcs immediately following where the anime leaves off change everything and they're fucking awesome.

2.) I did eventually drop it, though...
>>
>>160024268
do it.
DO IT!! ITS SO GOOD.
honestly tho, its got a few really good arcs that haven't been animated, even the 3d movie wasn't really as good as it should have been
>>
The first part of the manga is really exciting when the gang gets sent here and there to fight scary aliens but after that it gets really convoluted.
>>
Worst part is the vampire arc
>>
>>160026585
Yeah, once Kurono gets a girlfriend, he really changes and grows and the whole manga gets extremely good.
For a while. Then it takes a nosedive with the vampire arc that gets aborted and then the invasion that has just so fucking many chapters of "TAE-CHAN!" "KEI-CHAN!" bullshit.
>>
>>160026735
They were really vampires or aliens?
>>
>>160026817
as is understood it from the story. all the "creatures" are aliens from other planets. But yes they are Vampires
>>
>>160026933
That arc was so weird. They're like from another completely different series.
>>
>>160026780
>and then the invasion that has just so fucking many chapters of "TAE-CHAN!" "KEI-CHAN!" bullshit.

that was the best part go away
>>
>>160027001
that's the reason they trashed that arc halfway kek
>>
>>160027013
It's probably not so bad to marathon through it now, but following it while it was being released so fucking slowly was just painful.
>>
>>160027232
Yeah, I read it after it was finished, all at once. Couldn't put it down. I didn't think about expecting parts of the story to continue and getting romance instead, that probably would be annoying.
>>
>>160024268
It was shit
>>
I dropped it around chapter 300 because it was getting too retarded.
>>
>>160026491
The ending felt way too rushed but I always enjoy happy endings
>>
>>160024268
>s there anyone who read this all and didn't regret it?
it goes to the shitcan, not too long after that.
>>
>>160024268
Each chapter is like 20 pages. That's about 5 minutes per chapter if you read at average speed. Reading a couple of chapters of something is inconsequential compared to watching an episode of something. Just fucking read it.
>>
>>160024268
The manga is fucking awesome until they kill the 100 Point Oni.

Then you get Osakanamek and shit goes downward at full speed once it's obvious Oku ran out of ideas. It could have been better if Reika had been the main character leading the team for a while, but Osaka just reinforced how much Kato only works as a foil to Kurono, not replacement.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.