[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dezaki, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated director

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (30KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 225x350px
Dezaki, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated director of the century, upped the ante for studio trickery. He had begun as a third-rate disciple of Tezuka, and shows such as Ashita no Joe (1973) that were cauldrons of shonen cliches. Then Ace o Nerae (1973) happened and the word "chic" took on a new meaning. The anime was a masterpiece of faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while being generic shoujo). It was, more properly, a new link in the chain of production artifices that changed the way anime "looks": Anno's Gunbuster, Ikuhara's Revolutionary Girl Utena
>>
>>160014802
This all fine but then who's your favourite anime director?
>>
scaruffi is g-y
>>
If you oversimplify things enough, there is no difference between a soapbox car and a rocket, it is all the same generic shit meant to take one person from point A to point B.
>>
>>160014802
>hyped and probably the most over-rated director

That's Miyazaki. Doubt anyone know him outside of people who post in pre 2000 threads.
>>
>>160014802
literally who
>>
Is this a /tv/ pasta?
>>
>>160014802
Ace wo Nerae is a classic case of a show that aged poorly.

It's an okay show, but it's telling of it's age that Gunbuster surpassed it within barely a quarter of Ace's runtime.

IMO, Rose of Versailles was the show where Dezaki came into his own and really knocked it out the park for the first time.
>>
>>160014802
>Ace wo Nerae
>masterpiece of faux avantgarde
I know you're just shitposting, but I wouldn't apply this to any of Dezaki's work, especially Aim for the Ace. His shows were always just effective dramas with no needless bullshit, maybe throw in some postcard memories every so often to spice things up.
>>
>>160016254
Don't forget triple takes out the ass.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.