[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /a/ think of Alice in Borderland? I think it delivered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Alice In Borderland.jpg (350KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Alice In Borderland.jpg
350KB, 1024x768px
What did /a/ think of Alice in Borderland? I think it delivered on its premise pretty well and had some decent arcs, with the osmosis arc being the best one. I do feel like at least one of the cutaway arcs was pointless filler though.
>>
>>160006225
Kinda meh.
>>
>>160008499
It at least was okay with killing people off though.
>>
File: Wall of Cards.jpg (559KB, 1369x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Wall of Cards.jpg
559KB, 1369x1073px
>>160006225
>What did /a/ think of Alice in Borderland?
A great series, the ride to the end was amazing, and I loved the cast.

>with the osmosis arc being the best one
I want to say that The King of Diamonds arc is my favorite but there are a number of good ones and i can't really decide.

>I do feel like at least one of the cutaway arcs was pointless filler though.
To me the side arcs were important since it helped develop all of the cast. Having multiple focus characters but always building up to, and going back to Arisu let the writer tell a bunch of other twisted stories while not having to stretch the MC so thin with encounters.
>>
>>160009619
I agree about most of the side-arcs, but jack of hearts never really went anywhere. It set up 2 characters that were never really relevant again and kind of felt like a waste of time in the end.
>>
>>160009700
I won't disagree about the Jack of Hearts not panning out to the larger story. I still liked it though.
>>
>>160009824
Really? I thought the resolution was kind of weak and obvious. As soon as the royal cards were released it was pretty easy to tell they'd get knocked down one by one, so even though jack of hearts had only original characters in it, it was obvious the players would win it.
>>
anime when?
>>
>>160010172
It got an OVA.
>>
File: img000034.jpg (337KB, 896x1400px) Image search: [Google]
img000034.jpg
337KB, 896x1400px
>>160009918
>As soon as the royal cards were released it was pretty easy to tell they'd get knocked down one by one
I mean yeah, we understood that at the end of the day the players would eventually beat the citizens, but it was about the ride and the cost to get there.

While the Jack of Hearts had a completely original cast that was whittled down to just two people at the end of the arc, it was still a fun ride as far as psychological horror goes. I do wish something more had come out of the two survivors but even with the realization of the ending nothing cane out of it.

I guess it was done to show that not every type of person who wanted to survive wanted out. There are those types of humans that Revel in the darkness of humanity. The real tragedy of the series that best girl didn't get as much screen time as I wanted her to.

>>160010172
We got three episodes years ago.
>>
>>160010172
I wouldn't want an anime unless I knew they would adapt it faithfully
>>
>>160010497
What studio'd be best for handling it, do you think?
>>
>>160010172
Never.
>>
I thought the wolf game was the best one, perfectly set up what kind of story this was going to be.
>>160009700
>>160009824
Isn't there a sequel?
I haven't read it yet because I'm an EOP but I would expect some continuity, even with the ending in mind.
>>
>>160012161
>Isn't there a sequel?
Sequel is completely separate as far as what I've pulled from the raws. It's now a lethal road trip with a new cast.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.