[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>subs are always better than dubs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Ghost_Stories.jpg (128KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost_Stories.jpg
128KB, 600x846px
>>
>>159994208
Agreed
>>
File: 1475253571231.png (56KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475253571231.png
56KB, 200x200px
>>159994208
>its a good dub if its a gag dub
>>
>GHOST STOPIES
>>
Even the shittiest dubs of the 80's, 90's and early 2000's seem to have 10x the charm and fun of current dubs. Why is that? Is it just the audio equipment getting better, or dubbing companies getting way cheaper, or VA's just degrading in quality?
>>
>>159994208
Whoever you're quoting is 100% correct. Thanks for stating the obvious.
>>
>>159994208
>countering the argument with a gag dub

inb4 the shitty Shin-chan gag dub
>>
>>159995347
there was a fairly large majority of people back in the olden days who took up anime voice acting as a crutch while they pursued theater acting. That's why it was common to hear a line from an old anime as if it were a performance act. A lot of veteran voice actors of today are people who ended up staying in the voice acting business, but a few gems ended up leaving for theater work instead.

Also, you never got homogenized voice acting like we get today, where often times the SoL cute girls doing cute things anime get the same 5 shitty women doing the voice acting and the more serious work fails to deliver in the acting department overall. You can tell when you hear an english dub and just fucking notice that the voice actors are literally just doing it for the pay.

Some may argue that the decline in american dubbing is partly due to the manner in which anime is directed in the modern day. Take a good look at any one anime in this year and compare it to televised anime 10 years ago, and the directing and execution can be clearly distinguished from one another.
>>
>>159994208
That was lightning in a bottle and is not indicative of dubs. Other gag dubs suck dick so ghost stories is truly an outlier.
>>
>>159994208
But the japanese sub of the dub of Ghost Stories is superior, making the sub better than the dub
>>
>>159994208
AGWAGAWA
>>
>>159994208

Bergoyang-bergoyang, bergoyang-bergoyang, sexy sexy
>>
Any /a/nons in highschool or college, don't let your anime club get a hold of this series. Mine did and they were obsessed with it for the better part of 3 semesters.
>>
>>159994208
All I wanted something like Gegege no Kitaro but got this
I nearly died from all these church bantz
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.