[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Casshern Sins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

So, I just finished this anime finally, and I have to let my emotions out. Great tone and setting, decent action, great music again, and what's best, the show attempted to reach some higher ideas and concepts, like the morality of Casshern's evil mindset having been magically switched with Luna's, and an actual discussion on why life only matters in the face of death.

BUT! the execution of it all in the second half of the story was so botched, and the character developments so opaque, that in the end I can only feel some sadness at the lost potential.

So, what did you guys think about it? I always thought it was a meme anime, but was pleasantly surprised overall by the music and few good moments. Did Braiken Boss really experience a reversal of heart, and does anyone the fuck know what was up with Luna the whole time?
>>
>>159962234
it has this sort of slow pacing and endless repetition that 2000's anime really had a lot of. I've watched a few episodes, but I don't know if I'll ever finish it, especially if you're telling me here the execution of it all in the second half is shitty. I would hope that this sort of show would only get better.
>>
>>159962234
Now go watch the original
>>
>>159962309
It has some great episodes and moments that I think would make it worth it for you, and most people handle the 2nd half better than I did based on what I've heard. I just wanted muh good philosophy, and the story didn't deliver.

Just listen to this again, and tell me A) that it does not make you want to watch it, and B) that it could live up to the hype so easily?
>>
>>159962683
*link*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHjMpQ5r-38&list=RDwXTYNVPQZS0&index=9
>>
>>159962309
The pacing is just right. It's part of the overall style. This show is about as close as anime can get to being a coherent and complete piece of art. It's beautiful, in a word.
>>
File: BootlegLyuze.png (965KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
BootlegLyuze.png
965KB, 1280x718px
>>159962234
I watched it and loved it when it was on Toonami. It was a great show.

It's a shame that the art style Casshern Sins used wasn't used for many other shows, because it was just beautiful. I think Heartcatch Precure was the only other one I can recall that used a similar style.
>>
>>159964122
Well the two shows had the same character designer.
>>
BLACKED. Other than that, Sins was some damn good anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eS6xLnhMJE
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.