[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How exactly do you think Dangan Ronpa could be better worked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

File: animewasamistake.png (64KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
animewasamistake.png
64KB, 600x465px
How exactly do you think Dangan Ronpa could be better worked as an anime /a/?

I don't think DR3 was as god awful as some but I'm curious if this game series could ever get a legitimately good anime or if it'll just straight up never work.
>>
DR3 should've focused on Junko, Hopeman, and Hajimeme instead of schizophrenically going through 300 characters
Though it doesn't even matter because Kodaka is a hack and DR2 was a complete fluke
>>
File: dickhahaha.png (130KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
dickhahaha.png
130KB, 500x272px
>>159901711
This isn't about DR as anime, or at least not as a whole, but I can say with the utmost certainty that if DR3's Despair Side focused on Junko undermining the school and sending each member of Class 76 into despair individually which led to them all betraying each other and starting The Tragedy it would've been better as a whole.
>>
>>159901711
Both DR3 arcs straight up did not need to exist and were a mistake

It reminds me of Psycho Pass 2
>>
It could have worked sure, the writers just didn't give a fuck. Evident by them using mind control as a convenient plot point. This series went to shit when they really did keep bringing up Hope as a means to an end.
>>
Friendly reminder: DRV3 is shit and retroactively ruined the series
>>
File: youhavethewrong.png (80KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
youhavethewrong.png
80KB, 500x322px
>>159903950
But Hope fixes everything, right?
>>
>>159904681
Yes.
>>
File: 1474615419625.png (248KB, 529x512px) Image search: [Google]
1474615419625.png
248KB, 529x512px
I'm still not convinced that the DR3 we got couldn't have worked as a game, just modifying the UDG engine.

Anyway DR3 should've been mostly about Izuru gathering up the despairs and clashing with the Future Foundation along the way leading into them going into the NWP, and then in the final act skipping forward to after the events of the games, with DR1 & DR2 survivors dealing with the obligatory big bad, a traitor within the Future Foundation or some shit supported by Monaca, I dunno.
>>
>>159904092
shit taste senpai
>>
Give more focus and screentime to the future queen Sonia-sama.
>>
File: celesexecution.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
celesexecution.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
Dangan Ronpa doesn't work as an anime becausde it's rushed and seemingly just in it for the sake of it being anime.

If both shows were longer and follow a sort of structure, like if DR:TA was 26 episodes going like the games (1 episode for normal life/free time, 1 episode for abnormal life, 1 episode for investigation, 2 episodes for trials) it might hold the same weight as the games.
>>
Remove hope arc. Remove Mitarai. Use despair arc to focus on how Junko individually brought the SDR2 kids to despair using their flaws, friendships, love, families, etc like how it was said in the game. Change future arc entirely so it's not just all the new characters dying without character development or relevance to keep Naegi's friends alive again.
>>
File: 1469964428824.gif (260KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
1469964428824.gif
260KB, 500x273px
unrelated but still mad they never made an SDR2 anime, even if it would've fucking sucked.
>>
>>159906314
that's a feeling I can relate to
>>
File: tumblr_ocu24qYFIV1r5uglro1_1280.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocu24qYFIV1r5uglro1_1280.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>>159906378
we're in this together then, anon.
>>
I hope V3 gets adapted.
>>
File: hencethemyserty.png (444KB, 568x405px) Image search: [Google]
hencethemyserty.png
444KB, 568x405px
>>159910698
I think if maybe they closed it off with a good anime adaption that tied it all off and DR ended then that would be good.

Still damn sure this last bit in the credits means something for later.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.