[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White Album 2 thread in commemoration of me finishing the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 525
Thread images: 101

File: 009.jpg (309KB, 1280x1754px) Image search: [Google]
009.jpg
309KB, 1280x1754px
White Album 2 thread in commemoration of me finishing the game today and losing about 3 liters of tears in the process. Ask this Setsunafag anything and I'll try to answer.

Short jist of it:
Introductory Chapter: Anime did an amazing job of adapting it. Almost nothing is lost in the process except some minor details here and there. The only major thing I can think of is Setsuna was actually prepared to give her virginity to Haruki on her birthday (never really expected Kazusa to appear anyway and went out of her way to pick a bra that was easier to remove)

-Closing Chapter: Occurs 3 years after the Introductory Chapter with 4 routes with 3 new heroines and Setsuna being the true end. If you pursue any other route you get to see Setsuna getting her heart destroyed 3 different times.

-Coda: Occurs 2 years after Setsuna's route in CC. 3 endings being Setsuna's, Kazusa's and the cheating route.
Setsuna's route: Setsuna and Haruki helps Kazusa become independent and all 3 end up being good friends again. Everybody is happy. In this route we also see Setsuna's inner struggle between her nice self and the self that resents what Haruki did to her all those years ago.
Kazusa's route: Haruki betrays Setsuna again after 5 years of being with her. Focuses on how Haruki has to destroy all his interpersonal relationships with friends and family in order to end up with Kazusa. Setsuna ends up miserable.
Cheating route: Haruki cheats on Setsuna but does not completely break things off with her. He has sex with both girls and constantly lies to Setsuna which is slowly shredding conscience. He runs away with Kazusa to the hotspring from the first chapter and there Kazusa realizes Haruki will eventually break himself. She returns a broken Haruki to Setsuna and Setsuna being the saint that she is forgives him and spends the next year rehabilitating him back into a normal functioning adult.
>>
>>159864192
Setsuna THE TRUE ENDING? WHAT THE FUCK? REALLY?
>>
>>159865650
In Closing Chapter if you don't pick Setsuna the story ends there. If you want to advance into the final chapter Coda you have to go through Setsuna's route, which pretty much means you are forced to cheat on Setsuna again if you want to pursue Kazusa.
>>
File: Kazusa24.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa24.png
1MB, 1366x768px
This is still my favourite anime of all time.
>>
File: Kazusa23.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa23.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>159866007

>best lovers, best friends

Find a girl who will fist bump you to let you know she's proud of you for doing great
>>
CC and Coda anime fucking never. Even if they did it it would have to be 24 episodes each if they want to cover everything.
>>
File: Kazusa9.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa9.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>159866403

Whatever it takes, if it's as excellent an adaptation as the IC portion was. I prefer the anime to IC.
>>
File: ev202901.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ev202901.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>159866546
Hope is pretty much dead. You don't want this long to capitalize on a franchise that did that well.
>>
File: Kasusa21.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kasusa21.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>159866650

Yes, you're right but if they were to do it, I'd like them to treat it with the same caret hey did with IC.

And if not, I happen to think WA2 had a fucking excellent ending, the airport scene was a bit much, but it didn't ruin anything.
>>
It's incorrect to say everyone i happy in Setsuna's ending. Because that's not the point

The endings are meant to be a dichotomy

In Setsuna's route, Haruki wants Kazusa to become a more "balanced" person
But in the process she is losing what makes Kazusa, Kazusa. But by losing that she will never be a world class pianist.

In Kazusa's ending, she DOUBLES DOWN on being Kazusa. Haruki admits that trying to change her is wrong, and he literally says she's the worst woman ever, but he loves that about her. With that encouragement, Kazusa becomes a world class pianist. Because you see if Setsuna route was about her being balanced, than Kazusa route is about her min maxing.

As said this is meat to be a dichotomy

In Setsuna's ending Kazusa sacrifices herself for the happiness of everyone else

In Kazusa's ending EVERYONE else makes a sacrifice for her happiness
>>
File: Kazusa6.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa6.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>159866984
>In Kazusa's ending, she DOUBLES DOWN on being Kazusa. Haruki admits that trying to change her is wrong, and he literally says she's the worst woman ever, but he loves that about her. With that encouragement, Kazusa becomes a world class pianist. Because you see if Setsuna route was about her being balanced, than Kazusa route is about her min maxing.

I fucking love those two.
>>
File: megumin.jpg (65KB, 1000x565px) Image search: [Google]
megumin.jpg
65KB, 1000x565px
not everyone likes Kazusa

but at the very least I understand her design philosophy

she's basically Megumin
she dumps all of her points in one area, and ends up a mess
>>
File: Kazusa20.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa20.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>159867203
>not everyone likes Kazusa

What's to not like though? She withdrew into herself because she felt like her mother abandoned her when she was young and she felt like the only person who was nice to her could never love her because she's rude, difficult and hard to get along with (in her eyes).

But when you look at the effort she goes to for Haruki, to teach him a difficult Guitar song to secretly composing the song he had written for her, which she didn't realize was about her) it's hard not to like her.

Also, her friendship with Kazusa, very important of course, and one thing that stops WA2 from feeling like a small harem shit anime.
>>
>Setsunafag

I see you're a man of taste.
>>
>>159867350
>what's not to like
Oh I don't know, how she's a coward who ran for 5 years only to come back to wreck her best friend's life and how despite all that she felt and I quote "happy from the bottom of my heart" despite turning Setsuna into the most miserable girl in the world? Setsuna is a saint in comparison. She could have left Kazusa to rot after Haruki ran to her and confessed everything but no, she chose to help Kazusa get back on her own two feet. She went to Kazusa's hotel room and slapped the sense back into her and even cried for the fact that Kazusa's mother was going to die.
>>
File: Kazuma&Setsuna.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazuma&Setsuna.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>159867486

I'm a Kazusafag, but even I didn't want Setsuna to be hurt the way she was.

>>159867502

Setsua only ever borrowed Haruki's heart, how can you read IC and not realize the only people they would and could ever love is each other. And she only 'ran away' because she cared for Setsuna that much in the first place, just like how she avoided them when they were dating.
>>
>>159867502

she came back because Haruki invited her to come back

Strasbourg really messed things up
>>
>>159866984
>Kazusa sacrifices herself.
>EVERYONE else makes a sacrifice for her happiness.

All that you said is right but Kazusa didn't sacrifice anything. It's Haruki, and sometimes Setsuna, the ones who makes the decisions.

In Setsuna True, Haruki rejects Kazusa, despite her being insistent in running away with him, in favor of Setsuna's and his own happiness, and this implies keeping his friendship and bonds with everyone.

The thing is to sacrifice one person for everything or everything for one person.
>>
>>159867678
>Setsua only ever borrowed Haruki's heart
Bullshit, the only time that's ever said is by Setsuna herself in Kazusa's true end and that was only when she realized she lost. Haruki loves both of them and that's the reason he broke down in the cheating route. Even at the end of Kazusa's route Haruki specifically used 愛 to describe how he felt about setsuna albeit in the past tense. His feelings towards her were genuine but he only ever chose Kazusa because he realized without him her life would be a wreck since she couldn't do anything. He chose to let go of Setsuna because he knew she was strong enough and that she had the support of friends and family unlike Kazusa.
>>
>>159865793
Yeah, i understand but was not Kazusa the main heroine?
>>
>>159867678
>Setsuna only ever borrowed Haruki's heart.
It doesn't exist something like that. You don't borrow a heart. That's something that Setsuna said in Kazusa True to excuses his friends actions, which are obviously wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Kazusafag, but it really amaze me how much people try to demonize Setsuna when Kazusa is even a worse person than her. And she run away because she is too coward to face the situation.
>>
Setsuna a best, Kazusa a shit. End of of discussion.
>>
>>159868048
Kazusa doesn't even appear in Closing Chapter except for one small scene.
>>
>>159867885
How was Haruki sacrificing Kazusa in Setsuna's route? Sure she didn't get Haruki in the end but she manages to become a properly functioning adult thanks to Haruki and Setsuna's efforts. I'd hardly call that a sacrifice.
>>
>>159867885

well Setsuna route closes her career as world class pianist

As Youko said, her skill was good enough for "Japan"
So Kazusa decided she would live in Japan
but that's her ceiling now
>>
File: Kazusa5.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa5.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>159867900

Sorry, I disagree that Haruki chose Kazusa because of such a flimsy reason, if that were true this entire series would be a fucking joke.

Haruki loved Kazusa first, and from day 1, but like she to him, he thought she was way too good for a scrub like him, and her pushing him a way didn't help. He wrote Todokanai Koi for her for god's sake and when she left it utterly destroyed him.

You can make an argument that he truly loved Setsuna in the Setsuana routes I guess, but it's a pointless argument because I could say the same for Kazusa. I'm not saying IC is the clinching argument here, but still.

>>159868096

If you truly got WA2, you wouldn't even pick sides.
>>
now that I think of it. Saenai feels really tame after Damekoi and White Album 2

..what happened Maruto
>>
File: coda18.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
coda18.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>159864192
>Setsuna's route: Setsuna and Haruki helps Kazusa become independent and all 3 end up being good friends again. Everybody is happy. In this route we also see Setsuna's inner struggle between her nice self and the self that resents what Haruki did to her all those years ago.

Even in her route he looked depressed while their wedding, she really has no luck.
>>
>>159868108
Bro, this really broke my heart. It´s not that i don´t like Setsuna but... you know... I love the other couple.
Sorry for bad engrish.
>>
>>159868048
No, Setsuna is the main heroine. She has the most screentime and is the only heroine written all by Maruto. She the only character who has an important role in all the routes, even more than Haruki, and appears first in the credits right after him. Besides, she is the first heroine to be introduced and she is the trigger of the plot. Even her name is also a reference to Yuki Morikawa, White Album previous main heroine. Kazusa is on the front of the cover because the dev. team is obsessed with her and I don't blame them for that, but storywise Setsuna is the most important.
>>
>>159868273

Everything feels tame for me after WA2. Also, why is it always Kazusa and Setsuna fans arguing? Why does Haruki never get shit?
>>
>>159868267
I did pick sides. Kazusa honestly did nothing to me; I couldn't form an emotional tie to her character.
>>
>>159868336
He looks shy.
>>
What the fuck, mods?
>>
>>159868267
You speak as if you've never read anything outside of IC. If your argument is that Haruki only ever truly loves Setsuna in her own route that I call bullshit on that. If he didn't love Setsuna he wouldn't beat up his best friend Tomochika in the 3 years between IC and CC for confessing to Setsuna (see the digital novel The idol who forgot how to sing). If he didn't love Setsuna he wouldn't have tone through all that shit in CC Setsuna to fix their relationship and get her to sing again. The fact is he got over Kazusa in CC and he would have ended up with any of the other 3 heroines too. He would only ever truly love Kazusa my ass.

>>159868336
He's facing his mother in this picture. The mother he has issues with. If you paid an attention at all during the game you wouldn't make such a stupid mistake.
>>
>>159868336
Of course, Maruto already said it was Kazusa are true love, It's even clear when you played coda.
>>
>>159868370
Hmm. That´s make sense. Thanks for the explanation bro.
>>
>>159868374

Kiminozo
Muvluv
WA2

all had intense waifu wars

everything after that felt more civil
I guess VN is moving away from waifu wars
>>
>>159868501
>maruto said
Source or you're talking out your ass. If you played coda you would realize he loves both girls.
>>
>>159868336
Read the VN dumbass.
>>
I say Kazusa True is the canon ending because White Album should end with someone singing Powder Snow

though if you go the novelization, the cheating route is the canon ending. (and they also did it in a very trollish manner, It starts as Setsuna true then it turns out to be a dream)
>>
>>159868374
Oh Haruki is absolutely the most blameworthy person in this shitstorm. I could sympathize with him in IC but the Haruki CC and Coda is just so fucking retarded it makes me want to punch him. If he really held feelings for Kazusa after all that time, he shouldn't have fucking strung Setsuna along for 5 fucking years and proposed to her. At that point you live with your fucking choices like a goddamn adult. You don't go and wreck everything just to pursue some old flame from your childhood. That's some chickflick bullshit right there.
>>
>>159868267
>You can make an argument that he truly loved Setsuna in the Setsuana routes I guess, but it's a pointless argument because I could say the same for Kazusa. I'm not saying IC is the clinching argument here, but still.

Haruki loved Setsuna in every route, even in IC despite preferring Kazusa, that's a fact stated in the vn, but he still had some latent feelings for Kazusa inside him, which burst in Coda, specially on Kazusa True.

>If you truly got WA2, you wouldn't even pick sides

This. Sadly, no one gets it.
>>
>>159868659
>I say Kazusa True is the canon ending because White Album should end with someone singing Powder Snow

I would say that Kazusa True is the route that should be played last, and then get the closing with Powder Snow. WA2 has two true endings, I know it sucks but that's how it is.

Powder Snow is such an amazing song tho, It always gets me.
>>
File: Kazusa3.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa3.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>159868370

No, there is no 'main heroine', the whole point of WA2 is the love triangle, they are all equally important. If Kazusa is barely in CC then it's because of story reasons and it's all them ore brave a decision to do that, because her arrival hits like a ton of bricks so it was obviously worth doing it like that.

And no one is denying he deeply cares for Setsuna,

>He would only ever truly love Kazusa my ass.

Again, I don't want to use IC to clinch the argument but, it's the only non ambiguous route and he chose Kazusa in it, I dunno' how we can get any clearer than that. Maybe it's my interpretation but 5 years is nowhere near long enough to ever truly forget you love someone.
>>
>>159868204
>well Setsuna route closes her career as world class pianist

She was disposed to do the same in her True end as a compensation for ruining Setsuna's life. Her career didn't matter that much for her when Haruki is in the middle.
>>
>>159868662

I think the issue is that you can't get a clean break from Kazusa as long as you are with Setsuna

I am sure the reverse also applies which is why they went all the fuck away to Europe in that other ending

maybe the only true clean break is with Koharu
>>
>>159868772
But you are clearly denying that Haruki loves Setsuna in every route which is blatantly not true.

People seem to think Haruki made a clear choice to go with Kazusa in IC. I don't see it as such. He never broke things off with Setsuna. What happened is he loves both and he went to the airport because he didn't want Kazusa to leave. Simple as that.
>>
>>159868743
>Powder Snow is such an amazing song tho, It always gets me.

It's a great song that's even better when you have the lyrics.

So real talk, best version? I really like the duet between Yuki and Rina, one of the few good moments that anime. (I can't believe WA2 is a sequel to that trash, it's literally night and day)
>>
>>159868743
>>159869040
As a setsunafag Powder Snow just kills me. But you know what song really kills me? 優しい嘘, especially in Koharu's route.
>>
>>159868772
>No, there is no 'main heroine', the whole point of WA2 is the love triangle.

Saying that the main point of WA2 is the love triangle is downplaying the depth of its story. The main theme of WA is the other face of happiness (its even stated in the title, "shiawase no mukougawa"), which is shown all the endings of every route. Also, the side heroines also exist, and they develop Haruki's character in different ways, and in those routes Setsuna still plays a key role. Yes, Kazusa is absent for story reasons, but she is still absent, she is not directly there, Kazusa barely takes part in Colsing Chapter, which is the main part of WA2, while Setsuna plays an important role in every single route, and even though she is a bit sidelined in Kazusa's True she is still the central conflict. The main heroine is the love interest who matters the most in the story not necessarily the one who wins, and in this case is clearly Setsuna.
>>
>>159869178
Even in Kazusa's true route 60-70% of it deals with the fallout with Setsuna and her family and friends. It doesn't get anymore blatant than that.
>>
>>159869040
They are too different, Yuki and Rina version always kill, that concert and that scene in general was so powerful. Setsuna's version is heartbreaking too, but it has a sour touch to it to the point that it's not emotional anymore but hurting and sorrowful.
>>
I'd like to think Powder Snow was Setsuna's final "fuck you" to Kazusa and Haruki to guilt trip them into being even more miserable but I know Setsuna's far too nice of a person to intend that.
>>
>>159868919
>What happened is he loves both and he went to the airport because he didn't want Kazusa to leave. Simple as that.

Ehhhhh, how can you watch the entire Airport scene and have that be your take on it? I think from the moment they reconciled and made love the day before she left, it was pretty clear that Haruki realized he loved Kazusa more.

>>159869178
>Saying that the main point of WA2 is the love triangle is downplaying the depth of its story.

I mean to do the opposite though, I like WA2 because of pretty much everything about the story, I like the love between Haruki and Kazusa, I like that Kazusa and Setsuna's social hang ups and reasons for falling in love with Haruki were explained, I really love that unlike most anime in this genre or anime with similar elements the relationship between the two girls is just as crucial to the story as the relationship between Haruki and anyone.

I can see from your replies you love WA2 the same way as me, so no matter what we say, you are my nigger always.

And I would concede Setsuna has maybe the most important role, I just don't think it makes her the main heroine. You can't tell this amazing story with just two of the three.

>>159869358

I fucking loved Rina, man. Far too good for WA. I can't stomach Setsuna's version, the context is just too much.
>>
>>159864192
>Cheating route: Haruki cheats on Setsuna but does not completely break things off with her. He has sex with both girls and constantly lies to Setsuna which is slowly shredding conscience. He runs away with Kazusa to the hotspring from the first chapter and there Kazusa

Why Setsuna agrees to take him back when it is Touma he really likes in this route?
>>
>>159864192
I've been dying to play this. Fuck my shitty laptop and it's OS X
>>
>>159869641
Well, the same could be said of IC.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>159869641
Once again, Haruki loves both girls. That is the reason he broke down in the first place. Also, Setsuna will always accept Haruki no matter how many times he betrays her. .

White Album 2 consumes a lot of resources but if you choose this option it significantly reduces the load.
>>
File: Setsuna5.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna5.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Let's not forget, despite what happens, Kasusa and Setsuna love each other a lot as well.
>>
>>159869912
Also meant to reply to
>>159869798
>>
>>159869912
>I love you most in the world, Setsuna
>Liar
>Only partially

Yes he loved her but not as much as Touma.
>>
>>159869598
>And I would concede Setsuna has maybe the most important role, I just don't think it makes her the main heroine.

Well, that's not something you can say like that, because who is the main heroine is not something subjective. Kazusa is always present on Haruki's heart, but that not necessarily makes her the main heroine. Anyways, both Kazusa and Setsuna are the face of WA2 so I don't se the point of arguing this. Both girls are amazing.

>I fucking loved Rina, man. Far too good for WA. I can't stomach Setsuna's version, the context is just too much.

Dude, Rina is best girl by far, such an amazing and deep character, she was the most selfless person in the show by far. Also, you can clearly see the parallels between her and Kazusa and I just love that. In my head, she won in the anime.

>I can't stomach Setsuna's version, the context is just too much

Even though I sightly prefer Haruki with Kazusa, Setsuna is such an iconic character for me, she leave me a deep wound after finishing Kazusa True, it was an amazing experience. Powder Snow is the saddest anime love song I've ever heard and the true main theme for WA series.
>>
File: Setsuna4.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna4.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>159869951

Good adaptation.
>>
>>159869983
Where does that say he loves Touma most then? The lie is that he loves Setsuna most. The truth is that he loves them both in no particular order.
>>
>>159870052
It means that he loves Setsuna but not "the most in the world" which means it is Touma he loves the most in the world.
>>
>>159870131
This. Yet he always come back to Setsuna.
>>
Is anyone excited for Damekoi getting an english release?

https://vndb.org/v415
>>
>>159870170
I want Parfait.
>>
>>159870027

>I don't se the point of arguing this. Both girls are amazing.

We were dangerously close to just arguing semantics anyway, if not already actually there.

>she was the most selfless person in the show by far.

YES, She was the ONLY person who made moves on Yuki's boyfriend, who confessed to Yuki straight away because she cared for Yuki too much to lie about it.

>Powder Snow is the saddest anime love song I've ever heard and the true main theme for WA series.

I think I still like Todokanai Koi best, it just has so much significance, Haruki wrote it, Kazusa composed it and Setsuna sang it...then all three combined musical talents to bring it to life, the anime ending on that song is a masterstroke because it's got the 'ayyy it;s the OP' thing going on, but now you know it's about Haruki's feelings towards Kazusa, and that music festival is arguably the last time the three of them were together as friends.

So good.
>>
File: WA2VN5.png (727KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
WA2VN5.png
727KB, 1366x768px
>don't cry, not in front of the girl you threw away

Now THIS is the part that fucking killed me. That is a killer line.
>>
>>159870355
Todokanai Koi is amazing too, but CLOSING is another one that always get me, especially when you hear it on the credits of Kazusa True alongside the orange sky and the snow falling, its just secrams "congrats, you finished this game after all the drama and suffering", just an amazing closing to one of the best vn, and the lyrics are pretty much about Kazusa. Powder Snow its still my all time favorite of WA, specially from Setsuna's pov.

Sayonara no Koto is good too, i don't remember hearing it in the game, such a pity because it has a touch too.

>YES, She was the ONLY person who made moves on Yuki's boyfriend, who confessed to Yuki straight away because she cared for Yuki too much to lie about it.

Indeed. Rina was very hurt when she realized that she loved him too. She deserved to win, I heard that her route in the vn is the best.
>>
>>159870606
Shit, this game just rips your heart.
>>
Any hope of a translation or will I have to just keep ankidroning? I would honestly kill to be able to read it now.
>>
>>159870696
>Sayonara no Koto is good too

>"If I hadn't met you, I wouldn't have know this pain"

It's how every WA2 fan feels about the way they were before they discovered WA2.

To bring up the way the anime series uses music again, the way they bring in Sayonara no Koto in the last few minutes of every episode, usually after a bombshell or revelation, the timing is just perfect.

It's one of the reason why I still think the anime is better than IC.
>>
>>159870839
The translation on Baka Tsuki is fucking ESL level garbage. Even if it gets released it seriously misrepresents what is being said. I read through their translation of The Idol Who Forgot How to Sing and did a side by side comparison with the original and it's just fucking maddening how bad these translators are.
>>
>>159867350
>Kazusa20
How many do you have? I feel like I have to compulsively save every cute image I find of her
>>
File: 1498428602519.png (309KB, 692x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498428602519.png
309KB, 692x720px
>>159870043
They should just ditch Haruki and fuck each other. Where's that route, Maruto?
>>
File: Kazua24.png (873KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazua24.png
873KB, 1366x768px
>>159870999

Like 30 or so if we include the non Kasusa specific numbered ones that she's in, like >>159869951

It's criminally low, but I was screencapping as I went along in a past WA2 thread. I'm really sorry but I'd post all of them except I have to go bed now. And the kicker is, I only really browse the /a/ catalog for WA2 threads these days. (and recently, Yuri, but WA2 will always be best)
>>
Untitled.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>159869983
>世界一位タイくらい
>一位タイ
>タイ
What the hell does this even mean? He says this right after the whole half lie thing.
>>
>>159870921
Oh yes, the ED enters in at just the right time. Who was the studio again? They did a fantastic job on the sound direction.
>>
I recommend everyone who played the PC version of the game to watch the Extra Episode included in the PS3 version.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av451747/?from=search&seid=2555102615604638111
>>
>>159871290
Why do you care? From the rest of the sentence, you can easily infer what he's talking about.
>>
>>159871491
Because it could change the whole meaning of the sentence? What the hell does タイ mean here?
>>
>>159871296

No idea I'm afraid, but you're right, they did. Music is actually quite important to WA2, and I guess even WA1. It was 'White Album' the song that kinda' brought them together in the first place (and what first crossed Haruki with Kazusa). I think it's like set 10 years after WA1, so if that story was a story of love then WA is series of self contained stories of love connected by music, maybe.
>>
>>159871290
>>159871491
>>159871545
https://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q136927118
>英語のtieからきています。

Looks like I was right. He loves them both equally. It's a tie.
>>
File: myfetish.png (888KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
myfetish.png
888KB, 1366x768px
>>159871647

Could you please drop it? We've moved on.
>>
>>159871844
Learn when you're BTFO'd. He loves them both equally. Kazusa is not number 1.
>>
>>159871875
What's the context though? I felt like it was pretty obvious that while he definitely did love both of them, he had at least a different type of love for Kazusa, whether you want to call it stronger or not, that made him eventually give up everything.
>>
>>159871875

welp, guess it's a fine time to pack it in, Setsunafags strike again.

>>159871970

he loved them both, which is why he fucking shagged Kazusa first and kissed her intensely in front of Setsuna, then coldly ignored her as he watched Kazusa leave while he was dying inside.
>>
>>159871970
Context? Read the fucking line right there. It's in the VN. What more fucking proof do you want? How you "feel" is completely irrelevant. I know you're a Kazusafag but at least have some objectivity especially when the source material is starring at you right in the face.
>>
>>159872049
Oh yes, he totally doesn't love Setsuna, which is why he went punched his best friend when he confessed to her and fought tooth and nail to reestablish his relationship with her again in CC and get her to sing again.
>>
>>159872062
I meant the context of the conversation, like what route it is and stuff. Sorry, I'm a pleb and can't into moon.
>>
>>159872159
Right after he tells Setsuna "I love you the most in the world" Setsuna says he's lying. To which he replies "only half of it was a lie". Then the monologue in >>159871290 occurs.

You can't read moon? That means you never played the game. How can you form any argument then? If you're basing everything off just IC you're only privy to 20% of the context and no, reading summaries written by stupid fucking ESLs on their blogs doesn't count as playing the game.
>>
>>159872260
Forgot to mention, this is at the end of Kazusa normal aka the cheating route. In the picture he's saying
"I probably still love Kazusa"
"She's probably tied for the person I love the most in the world"
>>
How can one man do everything so wrong?
>>
>>159872366

It doesn't matter because no one ever blames him.
>>
>>159871296
Satelight.

>>159872340
I get the feeling this is very dependent on route. He has routes where he picks neither and ends up with a different girl entirely.
>>
Man, I wanted to like WA2 but I just can't deal with that level of love triangle drama. I dropped the anime after Haruki started dating Setsuna because I realized I didn't actually want to see the rest of it (I knew the ending already). Less miserable stuff like Kyou route in Clannad is fine with me, though.
>>
>>159873095
I think WA2 handles it pretty well. It's not the kind of love triangle drama where all the characters have to lose about 50 IQ points for the plot to move forward, a la KGNE or WA1.
>>
>>159872783
It's important to note that even in Setsuna and Kazusa's true routes he still loves both girls very much. The girl whose route we're on only wins by a very very small margin.

In Kazusa's true route's final scenes while he's on the plane, he realizes that he forgot his guitar. The guitar he used in university to play songs to Setsuna, to cheer her up when she's down and the guitar finally helped Setsuna overcome her trauma of singing. He decides that it's fine if he forgets that guitar since he'll never play it again. He dedicated his songs to Setsuna and he will never play it for anyone else. He then breaks down crying while on the plane.

In Setsuna's true route it was Kazusa who had to give him the final push to go with Setsuna right after the three of them had begun producing music together again. He didn't want to break that again and it was Kazusa's final push that made him realize that while he loves (大好き) kazusa, he loves (愛してる) setsuna. Again, he cries towards Kazusa for no being able to be with her. He then leaves the studio and proposes to Setsuna.
>>
>>159873211
Man this nigga got issues
>>
>>159873187
If it ever gets translated (lol) I'll probably just force myself to read it.
>>
File: b0d2869dcab7383c51233cc7e0874400.jpg (782KB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
b0d2869dcab7383c51233cc7e0874400.jpg
782KB, 1280x2160px
>>159873211
This is the beauty of WA2. Even as the player, you're attached to both girls, each of whom are great but flawed, and although Haruki ends up happy with whoever you choose, you still feel horrible for the girl you didn't.

I've never played a VN before or since that had the same effect on me.
>>
>>159873211
It must have been super traumatizing then for him to hear Setsuna "I still love you" to him using his guitar at the end of Kazusa's route then.
>>
The game is really hard to complete as a Setsunafag. You have to see her getting destroyed 3 times in CC when you choose one of the side heroines and 2 times in Coda when you choose Kazusa although in one of those routes it ends up being good for her since Haruki eventually returns to her. Oh and of course you have to see her getting destroyed in IC too. In every instance you realize just how strong of a person she is and how much forgiving and saintly she is in some of them. Between Setsuna and Kazusa, Setsuna is without doubt the better human being and Haruki would be far happier with her.
>>
I hope we get some afterword for Setsuna True someday. Cheating route got "To you, my sworn enemy". Kazusa True got an absolutely heartwarming CD Drama, while Setsuna True still got nothing.
>>
>>159873947
>and Haruki would be far happier with her.
I was with you up till here.
>>
>>159873947
>Between Setsuna and Kazusa, Setsuna is without doubt the better human being
Right.

>Haruki would be far happier with her.
Wrong.
>>
>>159874127
>>159874129
It's an opinion dudesters. Chillax. Through I'd like to see how you argue Haruki would be happier betraying his friends and losing family vs getting everything but Kazusa.
>>
File: 4.jpg (98KB, 1279x721px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
98KB, 1279x721px
>>159874068
There was a mini after story game released for both setsuna and kazusa's ending.

Goddamn does Nakamura Takeshi draw some ugly ass babies.
>>
File: 14573482122540.jpg (168KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
14573482122540.jpg
168KB, 1000x1000px
>>159874186
>Through I'd like to see how you argue Haruki would be happier betraying his friends and losing family vs getting everything but Kazusa
>>
>>159874260
Yes, I know, I mean even more content. See that Mini Drama CD.
>>
>>159874329
Maybe C92. Kazusa's CD came out in C91.
>>
>>159868659
I didn't know WA2 had a novel. I don't suppose it's downloadable?
>>
>>159874260
>there will never be a WA2 remake with Kurehito's art
>>
>>159872366
It's mostly circumstances.
>>
File: 042.jpg (202KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
042.jpg
202KB, 1280x720px
Man nakamura's art can be hilariously bad at times. This is what it looks like when IC was released.
>>
File: ev102000.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ev102000.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>159875597
When CC came out it got fixed
>>
File: f42890.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
f42890.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>159875597
Don't forget this scene where Kazusa looks like a 13 year old child.
>>
>>159875597
>Hold on a minute, Setsuna, I need to move this mannequin out of the way
>>
>>159875775
And setsuna looks like a freaking pencil.
>>
File: 021.jpg (178KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
021.jpg
178KB, 1280x720px
Who looked at this and thought "Yes that looks great. Ship it!"
>>
>>159875597
whats wrong with her hands
>>
>>159874186
Going with Kazusa obviously brings more practical difficulties and tsuntsun, but when it comes to his happiness/misery, the love factor eclipses everything else for him. He won't be any less happy with her than with Setsuna.
>>
>>159876365
You don't even need words, just listening to cd drama will be enough to understand how happy they are together.
>>
File: cosplay1.png (1MB, 900x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cosplay1.png
1MB, 900x1280px
I really like Maruto's WA2 references in Koisuru Metronome. Started reading because of them.
>>
File: Kazusa4.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa4.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>159876537

I think that's the one where at the end Kazusa sounds completely happy right?

>>159875717

This is one of the best bits in the anime, why the hell isn't it on Youtube yet? I'd do it myself if I could.

>You reminded me how fun it was to play the Piano
>You taught me how painful it was to fall in love
>>
>>159877279
>I think that's the one where at the end Kazusa sounds completely happy right?
Yep.
>>
File: Kazusa28.png (995KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa28.png
995KB, 1366x768px
>>159877338

Sounds like she's playfully initiating sex to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course, but after seeing the series it's hard to imagine Kazusa THAT happy.
>>
File: Kazusaprotectsherbaby.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusaprotectsherbaby.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: WA2KazusaMarried.jpg (133KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WA2KazusaMarried.jpg
133KB, 1280x1024px
This is the best ending to a story full of pain and suffering, ups and downs, Kazusa and Haruki finally getting married in the room where she first kissed him.
>>
>>159878033
Now that I look at the full-size version, what is she doing with her hands there?
>>
>>159878033
Same artist as >>159875597 and the others? Looks like he's improving, at least.
>>
File: ev208800.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ev208800.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>>159878033
Haha no. This is.
>>
>>159880885

I would have loved to see, in True Kasusa, Setsuna having given her sincere blessing to Haruki and Kazusa, to persue a career in the pop industry and everything ending on Kasusa and Haruki going to see their best friend play at a concert.
>>
>>159880996
Unlike Setsuna, Kazusa did not work her ass off to earn Setsuna's blessing. Hell she didn't even try. She was still "happy from the bottom of my heart" that she made setsuna the most miserable girl int he world whereas Setsuna wouldn't even talk to Haruki until the two of them got Kazusa back on her feet.
>>
File: ev208100.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ev208100.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>159881052
>>
>>159880736
The art was easily the weakest aspect of the game. White Album2 Closing Chapter was voted Getchu's best game of 2011 in 4 out of 8 categories: Overall best game, best music, best character, best scenario. The other 4 categories were art, system, movie and ero.
>>
Did the anime not do so well sales wise? I can't understand why it didn't get a continuation.
>>
>>159869126
>>159869040
Guitar-only powder snow a best.

Koharu's route definitely hit me really hard with all that suffering.
>>
>>159881052

This salt though.
>>
>>159881193

K A M I G E
>>
>>159881651
Don't know about sales, but the VN is just far too long to even adapt either Setsuna or Kazusa's route fully.
>>
>>159881651
It didn't do well in sales, so Maruto, in need of cash, wrote a haremshit LN and made bank off the anime adaptation.
>>
>>159881792
The anime wouldn't have earned Maruto much no matter how well it did. Maruto already raked in all the cash when the game became best game of 2011 and continues its status as kamige to this very day.
>>
>>159881704

Can't wrap my head aroung Haruki choosing someone not Setsuna or Kasusa. What was the idea adding in so many heroines anywsy?
>>
>>159881792
Honestly saekano is alright but every time I see idiots lapping it up I just want to break something.
>>
File: event_kazaoka02_large.jpg (45KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
event_kazaoka02_large.jpg
45KB, 640x360px
>>159881850
>What was the idea adding in so many heroines anywsy?

Obligatory eroge routes. Note however that the routes are done quite convincingly, i.e. when Kazusa is overseas and out of the picture and while Haruki and Setsuna are stuck in an awkward groove and not really meeting much at all. Haruki goes off and pursues his side girl while sending a nightly text to Setsuna.

Pic related is best christmas cake-fu.
>>
>>159876900
I really don't consider this to be okay one single bit.
>>
File: tks.jpg (459KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
tks.jpg
459KB, 2048x1536px
Still can't believe the illustrator was at AX.
>>
White Album 2 is the definition of NTRkino.
>>
>>159882037
>tfw missed out on WA2 goods at C91
>>
Honestly, White Album 2. I don't like to say I hate things that I can recognize have genuine merit and are positively regarded as widely as WA2 is, but the entire premise of the drama (Haruki being an indecisive buffoon) doesn't sit well with me and I just can't bring myself to sit through so much relationship drama in the first place, it's not my thing. Maybe it would be different if I cared about the characters, but everything Setsuna says feels "calculated" in a way that pisses me off and it felt to me like the narration was serving largely to justify Haruki's bullshit - Maruto is clearly a good writer, as the game's text is very well-written and expressive, but when that's being used to depict what is basically just a guy who can't pick between two girls it comes across as self-serving, even manipulative, to me. I dropped the game pretty early in CC because I pretty much couldn't stand the approach he was taking with any of the characters, so I don't know if it gets better later or what, but I'm probably not willing to sit through it long enough to make it that far, especially when Setsuna makes me want to stab her in the face every time she opens her mouth.
>>
>>159881850
In CC Haruki was guilt ridden for betraying Setsuna 3 years ago so he kept her at arm's length. Never really approaching her and never really breaking things off with her. Through his friends' intervention he and Setsuna started talking again and all this culminated on Christmas Eve where Takeya and Io set the two up on a date in a fancy restaurant with a hotel room booked for the end. Setsuna and Haruki finally start to reconcile and Haruki tells Setsuna he has forgotten about Kazusa and wants to pretend none of that ever happened and reset his relationship with Setsuna. Setsuna of course, having never given up all these 3 years was happy to accept if that was what he wanted. In the hotel room just when they were about to have sex, Setsuna breaks down and lets all the resentment she held bottled in for 3 years explode. She tells Haruki she knows he's lying and that he never forgot Kazusa. His feelings for Kazusa hasn't changed at all after 3 years. Haruki leaves in a daze and seeks refuge with one of the 3 heroines. Setsuna laments her own stupidity for pushing Haruki away again right before she was about to be rewarded for her 3 years of effort. She breaks down screaming. This major event is the crossroads for CC. Haruki can either choose to seek solace with one of the other girls or face the fact that even after all this he still loves Setsuna and wants to repair the relationship. The latter is the "canon" route which eventually leads into coda.
>>
>>159881850
I think it was to emphasize other aspects of Haruki's personality.

Like how he buries himself in work to avoid his problems in Mari's route.
>>
Setsuna a shit.
>>
>>159882228
Don't you start buddy.

>>159882094
I think WA2 is just not for you. I love the series to death and I didn't feel it was contrived, but rather more a series of unfortunate events without breaking my suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>159882094
If you can't empathize with Setsuna there's no way you're going to ever like the game since she's always going to be in everybody's route. The game always goes out of its way to make you feel like shit if you don't pick her route.
>>
File: ev202902.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ev202902.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
>>159882354
Maruto guilt tripping you in Koharu's route.
>>
Kazusa's Route in Coda is the true ending, you can't deny this
>Ending song is called Closing
>>
File: ev220400.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ev220400.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>159882442
Guilt tripping you in Chiaki's route
>>
File: ev205700.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ev205700.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>159882458
Guilt tripping you in Mari's route.
>>
Who's still mad at Maruto for that choice in Closing chapter

You know what I'm talking about
>>
File: ev220600.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ev220600.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>159882476
Guilt tripping you in Kazusa's route.
>>
>>159882496
The concert? It's funny how the choice completely disappears later too.
>>
>>159882476
I don't remember this scene in Mari's route.

>>159882442
>>159882501
Absolutely heartbreaking.
>>
>>159882354
Not the one you're answering, I empathized with her, but always found myself thinking about Kazusa in the back of my mind
The fact that she took advantage of the situation in IC to get Haruki first to not feel left out had a strong impact on my impression of her, even if she came to love him sincerely
>>
>>159882529
It's the scene where Io and Takeya take Setsuna and Haruki to a ski resort. Haruki spills the beans to Setsuna and lets her cry in his arms until she falls asleep. Then he leaves her forever.
>>
>>159882527
Yeah, fucking hell that was the worst troll
>>
>>159882554
All's fair in love and war. Kazusa was the one not playing fair by constantly denying her feelings for Haruki in front of Setsuna despite Setsuna asking her multiple times and then out of nowhere kissed Haruki. Setsuna was driven into a corner and did what she had to do to win.
>>
Any of you guys here read/watched Saekano too? I'm baffled by how Maruto could write such a kamige as WA2 and then utter smelly shit like Saekano. I don't care if it's a """"meta""""" thing, I hated every skit, scene and development that happened except for those with Katou

I really can't believe he wrote that
>>
>>159882618
I reserve judgement until he finishes the damn thing. So far it not at all measuring up to the quality of WA2.
>>
>>159882618
I still don't understand how people can /unironically/ like Megumi - it just boggles my mind.
>>
>>159882501
Man, this one got me good.

Powder Snow still makes me sad, but it's such a good song. Even the original version.
>>
>>159882613
But of course I can't blame Kazusa since her very character was that she was socially inept and awkward as hell. You can't really blame anyone for anything that happened in IC. CC and Coda are a different story though and I can absolutely blame somebody for some of the shit that goes down there.
>>
>>159882613
Oh yeah, justifiable, but I don't think Setsuna was moved by love, she just didn't want to be left out at that point. Also it is pretty low, considering she did that immediately after seeing Kazusa kiss Haruki

I don't dislike her though, but I like Kazusa just way more
>>
>>159882618
I've been wondering the same thing with Classroom Crisis, what the fuck was he trying to accomplish with that anime?
>>
>>159882670
The thing is, every Utaha scene is either
U: "Fuck me MC please"
MC: "AAAAAH FUCKFUCK WHAAAT"
or bickering with twintails because my cliché comedic routine

Twintails is the same, either some cheap tsundere scene or fighting with Utaha

Katou has the most refreshing scenes, it's not like they're something special and delve deep into the selves of the characters showing interesting bits of themselves, but at last the dynamic is somewhat original in comparison to everything else that happens
>>
>>159882708
Did you miss the part where she said "That's obviously not true"? She fell in love with Haruki probably as early back as episode 2 for being the only person to see her for who she really was.
>>
>>159882684
I only blame Haruki for everything that happens after IC, but I can understand how hard it must've been

Neither Kazusa nor Setsuna deserved to lose by Coda
>>
>>159882708
>Also it is pretty low, considering she did that immediately after seeing Kazusa kiss Haruki

I'm a Setsunafag but really if she hadn't done that so much trouble could've been avoided altogether.
>>
>>159882818
I could say the exact same thing for Megumi where she does the whole deadpan face and recites five lines of Japanese exposition explaining the punchline to a joke already clearly visible to the viewer.
>>
>>159882891
If she hadn't done that she was guaranteed to lose since her nice self would have eventually given her blessings to those two. There's really no way for her to remain relevant unless she went on the offensive there.
>>
>>159864192
Dark hairs > light hairs

Discuss.
>>
>>159882824
Sorry, I've read the VN a couple years ago and I don't remember the details
I don't remember that scene, but honestly I doubt love sprouted so early for her, she was probably just interested
>>
>>159882922
Yeah, you're right, I still find her scenes less annoying than the rest of the anime though, at least sometimes they bring something different
Generally I still think Saekano is a 4/10 at best anyway, it's not like she saves the anime or anything
>>
>>159883119
That wasn't in the VN. It was in the anime probably to make her intentions clearer to even the most dimwitted of audiences. There's no way everything she did was just because she didn't want to be left out. She only told Haruki that because she didn't want Haruki to feel bad for betraying her. She was absolutely in love with Haruki by that point.
>>
>>159882501
What a warm, innocent picture :^)
>>
>>159869798
bootcamp
>>
File: 1497025315353.jpg (190KB, 812x732px) Image search: [Google]
1497025315353.jpg
190KB, 812x732px
>>159881052
>She was still "happy from the bottom of my heart" that she made setsuna the most miserable girl int he world
It's vice versa actually.
>>
Untitled.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>159884596
If only you read only a few more lines ahead.
>>
I'm seriously thinking about learning moon just so I can read CC. I watched WA2 couple years ago and it messed me up for a good 2 weeks, haven't cried so much on a romance show since Nobu asked Nana to shatter his illusion.
>>
>>159885003
It's a long road ahead. Even as N1 although I got the general gist of events I'm sure I missed a lot of subtleties.
>>
>>159885003
I've read it as my second nip VN and it wasn't that hard. I might've missed the nuance of the prose but I sure as hell enjoyed it a fucking lot
>>
Is there a translation for coda? The last time I checked only the introductory chapter was translated.
>>
>>159885321
Not even close. Even CC hasn't been fully translated yet and the translation has been stalled forever.
>>
>>159885140
>>159885259
I reckon I'd need at least a year before I could read anything in japanese. It's even harder when you need to learn a whole new alphabet, as if greek and latin weren't enough.
>>
Reminder that Haruki kissed Kazusa on Setsuna's birthday, which is Valentine's Day.
>>
>>159885427
He also made her unable to sing and hate snow since it was snowing on her birthday and the day kazusa left.
>>
>>159885405
It helps that Japanese grammar is quite simple as well.

And fortunately, quite a bit of WA2 is voiced (even the MC's lines, which is rare for a VN), so focusing more on grammar and vocabulary might be a good idea.
>>
Years later and people still argue about this.

What a masterpiece.
>>
>>159882037
I knew I shoulve went.
>>
>>159874878
I would cum literal buckets
>>
>>159885427
...twice.
>>
>>159868179
but it does
Kazusa sacrifices her talent in that route
>>
>>159864192
Setsuna's route is pain.
>>
Is there any reason to play through IC if I already watched the anime? Will I miss anything important?
>>
>>159885705
Haruki and Setsuna were quite different from their real selves in the adaptation. Worth reading.
>>
>>159885745
Any examples?
>>
>>159864192
OP wasn't a faggot today
e-fist bump from a fellow Setsunafag, get yourself hydrated after those liters of tears
>>
>>159885466
That's not really an impressive achievement desu, considering what gets discussed nowadays
>>
>the man who wrote WA2 went on to write Saekano, a total disaster
What went wrong?
>>
>>159885836
Seasonal anime that people forget about next season?
>>
>>159885877
A one hit wonder.
>>
>>159885877
He was broke and needed money

Simple as that, most people don't give a shit about the greatest love anime out there, they want tits and teases
>>
>>159885977
>He was broke and needed money

Did he get paid that little for WA2?
>>
File: white album.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
white album.webm
1MB, 640x360px
First white album is the best white album.
>>
File: 87e2baa9aa8dd4c5434a8b57d150f3df.jpg (212KB, 774x1111px) Image search: [Google]
87e2baa9aa8dd4c5434a8b57d150f3df.jpg
212KB, 774x1111px
>>159886053
I like the setting and WA1 overall since I'm a sucker for Bubble-era Japan stuff, but the story was a lot better in WA2.

Not to mention WA1 had the most infuriatingly designed system I've ever seen in a VN.
>>
>>159885998
One series doesn't just print money forever anon.

Unless it's SAO/Raildex/Monogatari/Onii-sama/SnK etc.
>>
>>159885466

It absolutely is, compared to WA1 it shows how less is more, the anime is basically 3 people all the way through, but it works. It will probably never be topped desu.

I think the ending is a large part of why it's survived the test of time, it manages to show consequences for fucking up without coming across as needlessly cynical, yet doesn't insult your intelligence by making out like shit can be okay just like that.

I really like the way Haruki and Setsuna tell each other on the way toward the airport that despite what happened, they were still glad they met each other.
>>
>>159886053

I like to shit on WA1 but it's clear they fucked up and jumbled a ton of routes into 1, it would have probably been decent had they not done that.

Still, it gave us Rina, and Rina and Yuki probably set the wheels in motion for the WA2 trio to get together 10 years in advance by recording White Album.
>>
I always found it extremely cruel that they made Setsuna sing Todokanai Koi when the whole song was basically a love letter from Haruki to Kazusa. It's especially cruel in the VN since Kazusa being the idiot she is never got the meaning of the song and thought Haruki made it for Setsuna

かずさ「その詞…小木曽をイメージして書いてるらしいぞ?」
雪菜「え?え?」
春希「あ、こらっ…い、いや…元の詞はもっと前に出来てたんだよ」
雪菜「え?え?え?」
春希「けど、その…雪菜がボーカルに来てくれることになったから、言葉の使い方とか、イメージとかだけ合わせて」
雪菜「え、えと、えと、それって…?」
かずさ「北原が詞を書いて、あたしが曲をつけた、小木曽のためだけの歌、だ」
雪菜「……」

I tried translating this into English but then realized I have no idea how to get the nuances to come across properly in English. If you understand Japanese pay attention to the spoilered text and how cruel it comes across to Setsuna, who is very perceptive of these things.
>>
Shit like White Album just feels too real. I need my romances to have some kind of fantastical bullshit going on, or something I can somewhat relate to like a protagonist that's a fucking loser. Anything too realistic just makes me think about my real life and becomes depressing to watch.
>>
>>159886307
>かずさ「その詞…小木曽をイメージして書いてるらしいぞ?」
>Kazusa "Those lyrics... They seem written with Ogiso in mind you know"

>雪菜「え?え?」
>Setsuna "Eh? Eh?"

>春希「あ、こらっ…い、いや…元の詞はもっと前に出来てたんだよ」
>Haruki "Ah, hey... N-no... The original lyrics were done much earlier"

>雪菜「え?え?え?」
>Setsuna "Eh? Eh? Eh?"

>春希「けど、その…雪菜がボーカルに来てくれることになったから、言葉の使い方とか、イメージとかだけ合わせて」
>Haruki "But, just... Since Setsuna was able to become our vocal, I've matched the wording and image to her"

>雪菜「え、えと、えと、それって…?」
>Setsuna "Eh, etto, etto, that means...?"

>かずさ「北原が詞を書いて、あたしが曲をつけた、小木曽のためだけの歌、だ」
>Kazusa "It's a song where Kitahara wrote the lyrics, I put them to a melody and is for your [Ogiso's] sake alone"

>雪菜「……」
>Setsuna "..."

I had a rough go.
>>
>>159886351
Go play the WA1 VN. On their own, the routes are decent. Especially Yayoi's.

It had a great voice cast, too. One of the reasons I go back and play from time to time.
>>
>>159886358
Fucking hell what happened to the spoiler function? Oh well. the emphasis is on
>小木曽をイメージして書いて
>元の詞はもっと前に出来てたんだよ
>イメージとか(((((だけ)))))

Anyway I always wondered how Setsuna brought herself to sing this song. Then I listened to the drama CD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEdF0yFvcW4

At 55:35 and onwards you hear Setsuna's monologue on the night after the concert. She apologizes to Kazusa for breaking the three's relationship despite knowing how everyone felt. She can now treat the song as her own as it reflects her own feelings as well, her feelings of love towards Kazusa as a friend that will never again reach Kazusa due to Setsuna's betrayal.
>>
>>159886358

Setsuna definitely knew as well, you can see it on her face when she first reads it in Kazusa's house.
>>
>>159886487

Does it explain what her actual deal was for coming on to the MC? Because I don't buy that 'substitue girlfriend' shit for a minute. I have a feeling she was lonely because she kept asking the MC if he loved her.
>>
Is Haruki as big a piece of shit as the summaries make him sound? He's so selfish, inconsiderate, and beta.
>>
File: 1376278932349.jpg (518KB, 862x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1376278932349.jpg
518KB, 862x1200px
>>159886595
Yeah, it goes into her motivations a bit more. It isn't that shocking of a reason, but it definitely explains it better.

Getting onto her route is a bit tricky though, so try to find a walkthrough online for her.

Also, the remake has an extra character that wasn't in the anime, who unlocks after you clear either Yuki or Rina.
>>
>>159886675
I don't think anyone hates on Haruki.
>>
>>159886789
Why didn't he just go harem route?
>>
I read this from a blog and I'm struck by how I never realized this sooner. In CC Setsuna is unable to sing again because according to her it brings back painful memories and might, no, WILL cause her to hate and resent Haruki. In order to remain in love with Haruki she chooses to never sing again. That alone is sad enough.

Now consider Koharu's route. At the very end of her route, Setsuna and Koharu meet and she tells Koharu of her past experience of being ostracized by her classmates in middle school like Koharu. She then tells Koharu that nobody will remember any of this in the future and relates how she went to a middle school reunion and they all sang kareoke and nobody seems to care about what happened in the past. Wait a minute, she sang kareoke? We know Setsuna's purpose in meeting Koharu was to hand Haruki over to Koharu. The revelation that she sang kareoke with her middle school friends tells you that she did everything she could to force herself to hate haruki in order to make the handover as painless for her as possible. And yet at the end of the route we are treated to this spectacle >>159882442

If your heart doesn't ache for Setsuna you are not human.
>>
>>159886894
Because this isn't some cookie-cutter flavour of the month LN that's why.
>>
>>159885894
>A one hit wonder.

WA2 isn't the only good VN he's written.
>>
>>159886990
Setsuna meeting Koharu and Haruki breaking the news to the Ogiso family in Kazusa true end are some of the most uncomfortable scenes in the entire series.
>>
Untitled.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>159887968
That look of despair on Koharu's face.
>SHE KNOWS!
>>
>>159888090
Yet another reason why we will never get a CC anime. Koharu's VA just upped and disappeared after 2012.
>>
>>159888203
No anime has ever recast a voice actor.
>>
>>159888090
I haven't played CC, but Koharu looks like a poor man's Kazusa. Is this just same face at work?
>>
>>159888690
She's actually a mini Haruki with the same meddling and self-righteous personality he had during high school. Even her name reflects this.
>>
Is it true Haruki uses sex as a release in CC? Like, a lot?
>>
>>159890593
Only in Kazusa's normal route in coda.
>>
>>159886307
it also means that setsuna is also the reason why Haruki and Kazusa fell in love, basically setsuna was a glorified 3rd wheel
>>
>>159890593
He's fucking repressed, he even grinds his office boss at a certain point
>>
>>159893429
can someone give me a summary of his boss' route?
>>
>>159893886
Quickie, I read it years ago and I don't remember much

Haruki in CC feels constantly like shit, he's depressed, tries to overwork himself to not think about his situation and tries to never have fun in college. Boss notices that and tries to make him take it easier. Haruki becomes dependent on boss, then starts falling for her, some stuff happens, she has to go to NY, and he ends up following her there iirc
>>
File: wat.jpg (324KB, 950x800px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
324KB, 950x800px
>>159882037
>that pose/costume recycling
What the fuck, Nakamura?

https://twitter.com/nakamura_takesh/status/674900446603902977
https://twitter.com/nakamura_takesh/status/873093042458181632
>>
>>159885003
I know that feel.

>>159885405
Hiragana/katakana are the easy part. Kanji will take forever.

>>159885456
>It helps that Japanese grammar is quite simple as well.
Really? Maybe it's because I (still) haven't gotten through all of Tae Kim yet, but I find it hard to unpack when the examples start combining concepts.

>>159885321
>>159885347
Watch this space:

https://todokanaitl.wordpress.com/
>Translated lines: 31610/70253 (44.99%)
>>
File: Haruki1.png (195KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Haruki1.png
195KB, 1366x768px
>>159893429
>He's fucking repressed,

yup
>>
>>159900069
When was this?
>>
>>159900200

I think it was after he kissed Setsuna and almost started feeling her up in front of her house.
>>
File: 033.jpg (237KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
033.jpg
237KB, 1280x720px
>>159900273
Oh yeah that was back in IC.
>almost
He was full on groping her.
>>
>>159900415
That fucking right hand. Nakamura what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>159900415

Yeah, I forgot the extent, I just assumed with them being in front of her house he had restraint.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>159900469
It seriously makes you wonder just how rushed IC was. At least he fixed most of his fuckups when with the IC+CC release.
>>
>>159900069
When Haruki and Setsuna reconciled in CC they fucked for 48 hours straight.
>>
>>159900683
>Three years' worth of semen made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Setsuna.
>>
>>159900273
No, it actually was when they returned from hot springs.
>>
>>159900827
We even found out that the real reason Haruki started avoiding Setsuna during those 3 years was that whenever he met her he would go home that night and masturbate to her and feel like shit afterwards.
>>
File: Kazusa12.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa12.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>159900869

Ah yeah, you're right. It's in the anime but nowhere near as heavy. (decent kiss though)

Meanwhile...
>>
File: Ikari.jpg (27KB, 675x379px) Image search: [Google]
Ikari.jpg
27KB, 675x379px
>>159900939
Too much information!
>>
I could never finish Chiaki's route and the uwaki route in WA2... I just can't.
>>
File: Kazusa.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Anyone else really like Haruki's confrontation with Kazusa on the streets?
>>
>>159904324
How can you not?
>>
>>159904324
Best scene of the adaptation.
>>
File: WhiteAlbum2.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
WhiteAlbum2.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>159904762

Indeed, it's just so fucking raw.

>>159904901

It's really fucking good, but I dunno what I prefer over this or their reconciliation they have before they finally consummate their love. (and that scene in itself was great)
>>
>>159904324
When After All starts playing man, just kill me
>>
>>159905713

Yeah, when Kazusa just finally lets all the repressed emotions flow. And I like when she realizes Haruki is probably a good kisser because he had a lot of 'practice' doing ut with Setsuna, which snaps her out of it.
>>
>>159886894
One does not simply go harem route. You would need some kind of accidental drunken orgy to break the ice.
>>
File: Kazusa13.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa13.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>
White Album 2 just puts a hole in my heart every time i think about it.

I been stuck in a rut from months after finishing it.
>>
>>159909172
Tell me about it. Although my coping mechanism was to learn powder snow on piano.
>>
File: Yayoi1.png (922KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Yayoi1.png
922KB, 1366x768px
>>159886053
>>
>>159909628
Mine was studying Japanese in hopes of one day reading the game. (Although >>159909172 might be talking about the game, in which case, welp.)
>>
File: IMG_1734.jpg (245KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1734.jpg
245KB, 1280x720px
So cute
>>
File: Kazusa8.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa8.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>159912350
>>
>>159912350
u mean haruki
>>
>>159912377
Stay jelly Kazusa.
>>
>>159904063
I couldn't either but maybe not for the same reasons as you. I just didn't really give a crap about the story. I only stopped to watch the Setsuna break up scene.
>>
File: Kazusa10.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa10.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>159912691
>>
File: dead end.jpg (82KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
dead end.jpg
82KB, 1366x768px
>>159912377
>>
>>159914557

It's a metaphor!
>>
File: guishen_0203v210400.jpg (211KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
guishen_0203v210400.jpg
211KB, 1280x720px
Only reason I care about this game.
>>
>>159868497
> If he didn't love Setsuna he wouldn't beat up his best friend Tomochika in the 3 years between IC and CC for confessing to Setsuna (see the digital novel The idol who forgot how to sing).

This is what I always said but for some reason people just wanted to ignore this fact to justify their argument that Haruki never really loved Setsuna, whether it's in her route or not.
>>
File: Setsuna1.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna1.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>159914719

Do they shag shortly after this?
>>
>>159914777
Yes, later on he sodomizes her.
>>
>>159866007
>>159866163
>>159864192
muh nigga, really underated VN and Anime, so strong story and AMAZING OST.

PS Touka best girl
>>
>>159914898

You make it sound so shameful.
>>
File: Haruki2.png (995KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Haruki2.png
995KB, 1366x768px
>>
File: ev208400.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ev208400.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
Adult Setsuna is so goddamn UNF
>>
>>159917937
Haruki bang this 48 hours
>>
>Captcha: HOTEL JISAN
>>
>>159864192
Should have made a harem route where MC keeps both of them.
>>
>>159920787
They're moved by love, not lust.
>>
>>159921989
Dat masturbathon tho
>>
>>159923366
That's the aspect of love. He spent the night on hot springs with two girls, one of which he really loves but can't be with.
>>
>>159917937
>>159917937

How is that even possible?
>>
>>159923713
How is what possible?
>>
>>159923763

To have sex for 2 days straight, what about his refractory period?
>>
>>159923795
I exaggerated. Of course they didn't have sex non stop but they locked themselves in his room for 2 days and had lots of sex and cuddling to make up for 3 years of pent up sexual frustration and guilt.
>>
File: naisu kappuringu.jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
naisu kappuringu.jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
>nearly missed a WA2 thread
Obligatory pillowtalk CD rankings:
Mari >= Kazusa > Setsuna >= Koharu >>> Chiaki.
Discuss.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dcy082rfy3oqub4/wa2pt.zip
Passowrd: pomf
>>
>It doesn't look like people know this, but the novelization of WA2 has Haruki choosing Kazusa.
>And actually it's pretty great, it starts following Setsuna's route, then it switches to Kazusa normal and finally ends with Kazusa true.
>There's a scene at the end that shows Setsuna getting married to Haruki, and Kazusa is there, and everyone is happy(like in her true end), but it ends up being Setsuna's dream, it's awesome, like the author telling you how impossible Setsuna's route in the game is.
>If they ever make more WA2 anime, they should follow the novels script.
>Maruto also went after Setsunafags in the afterword by confirming that Haruki and Kazusa are quite happy as a couple in Kazusa's true end and weren't depressed about what they had to do in order to be together.
>>
>>159924671
Was it actually written by Maruto or some side author?
>>
>>159924671
Also, is it downloadable anywhere?
>>
>>159924872
WHITE ALBUM2 雪が紡ぐ旋律, author is Tsukishima Masaya, published by GA Bunko, it looks like. The afterword was by Maruto apparently, though.
Not sure if it's downloadable, but jp amazon has it along with Kindle versions.

Also:
>WHITE ALBUM2 4 コミックス
Manga adaptation or spinoff, I wonder.
>>
>>159924872
It was written by someone else under Maruto's direction, though some parts are written by Maruto himself, there are 6 books and you can get download them from a bunch of sites, you can also get them for Kindle, they're super cheap.
>>
File: 61ux0m0alZL.jpg (70KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
61ux0m0alZL.jpg
70KB, 500x427px
>>159925101
never mind, it's a mango
>>
File: 51ItIPoXTGL.jpg (59KB, 315x500px) Image search: [Google]
51ItIPoXTGL.jpg
59KB, 315x500px
>>159925368
>>
>>159924671
>like the author telling you how impossible Setsuna's route in the game is.
You can believe whatever you want. You're a Kazusafag so you're inclined to delude yourself into thinking a functional adult would choose scorched earth over pure bliss especially when he loves both girls almost equally.

>quite happy as a couple in Kazusa's true end and weren't depressed about what they had to do in order to be together.
When the ending of Kazusa's route explicitly tells you Kazusa still wakes up in the middle of the night from nightmares I'm going to call bullshit on that.
>>
>>159925472
>幸せの向こう側
>not scorched earth
Pick one.
>>
>>159925472
>When the ending of Kazusa's route explicitly tells you Kazusa still wakes up in the middle of the night from nightmares I'm going to call bullshit on that.
Go listen to Mini CD Drama.
>>
File: p-223.jpg (302KB, 1433x2048px) Image search: [Google]
p-223.jpg
302KB, 1433x2048px
>>159925787
>>
>>159925787
So the other side of happiness is what? Being miserable? Thanks for proving my point. I don't care how happy they sound in whatever drama cd you can think of. The fact is they have to carry the weight of destroying the lives of multiple people for the rest of their lives. Now you want to tell me Setsuna's route is impossible when all you have to do to achieve it is remain loyal to her? That's harder and more unrealistic than burning all your bridges just to pursue an old flame from 5 years ago? Kazusa's route is the most unrealistic of them all because no logical adult would ever take such actions.
>>
>>159925979

Love isn't slways logical, jesus christ.
>>
>>159925979
>> I don't care how happy they sound in whatever drama cd you can think of.
>Ignoring canon material
Wew lad.
Oh, and
>Kitahara
>functional, logical adult
Let me laugh even harder.
>>
>>159926052
I'm not the one who brought impossibility into the discussion. My biggest grief is the guy above claiming Setsuna's route is somehow more impossible than Kazusa's route.

>>159926070
Canon material tells you they are happy yes. Does it tell you they got over their guilt?
>>
>>159926070
Also, that choice
>Because I don't want to lie to you anymore
>I still love Setsuna
Implications implied. :^)

On another note I wish the archive kept those threads where someone dumped partial translations of Coda and the additional sections of uwaki.
>>
>>159926145
What exactly are you looking for?
>>
>>159925979

Maybe Setsuna should have fucking backed off instead of swooping in after seeing Kazusa fail to express how she felt?

Setsuna, by her own admission 'forced her way in, between two people she knew loved each other, she also knew Haruki is too kind to turn her down when she asked him out. So instead of helping to bring her two besties together, she only thought of herself.

But you can't fuck with true love, and it was inevitable Haruki and Kasusa would sooner or later admit their feelings, Setsuna knew she was on borrowed time.
>>
>>159926180
Threads where someone tl'ed the uwaki add-on with Setsuna and Kazusa wailing on each other on the phone while After All plays and the subsequent threads. Threads like these:
>>139500090

>>159925979
>>So the other side of happiness is what? Being miserable?
>When asked about the subtitle, Maruto answered:
>"In love, when you make someone happy, there will often be also people who will not be happy as a result"
>The theme Happiness (shiawase) and the opposite side of happiness (shiawase no mukogawa) is the theme of the game."
>>The fact is they have to carry the weight of destroying the lives of multiple people for the rest of their lives.
>Maruto only said it because some people thought Haruki and Kazusa were spending every moment of their lives together being depressed about what they had done.
>>
>>159926186
How is it wrong for Setsuna to fight for what she wants? Haruki was up for grabs before anyone moved in on him. Kazusa being a socially inept splerg is on her alone. Setsuna fought for her love and Haruki reciprocated. Borrowed time my ass. You anime only faggots think you know shit when all you have is 20% of the whole story. If you actually read the VN you would know Haruki actually falls for Setsuna else he wouldn't have done any of the shit he did in CC to win her back.
>>
>>159926267
Just go watch the extra episode on https://www.bilibili.com/video/av451747/?from=search&seid=2555102615604638111
>>
If anything the dialogue in Kazusa's true route makes it sound like Haruki only chose Kazusa out of pity. She's so useless that he doesn't think she can survive without him now that her mother is going to die from leukemia. He also knows Setsuna is surrounded by friends and family who love her and that she is extremely strong emotionally and will eventually bounce back.
>>
>>159926328
Thanks.
And, more reposts from >>99357534:
>these all the hints that Kazusa is the true ending of the WA2 as a whole, althought it's pretty clear if you play the game:
>WA1 subtitle is: Tsuzurareru Fuyu no Omoide( feelings of winter put together)
>Kazusa's theme in WA2 is After All-Tsuzurareru no Omoide-(after all, feelings put together)
>the title of the PS3 and PSP versions: "White Album2-Shiawase no Mukogawa" The other side of happiness)
>When asked about the subtitle, Maruto answered:
>"In love, when you make someone happy, there will often be also people who will not be happy as a result"
>The theme Happiness (shiawase) and the opposite side of happiness (shiawase no mukogawa) is the theme of the game."
>This theme is only followed in Kazusa's route, since Haruki and kazusa sacrifice other people's happines in exchange for their own happiness.
>the last scene in Kazusa's coda has Powder Snow, WA1 true ending song.
>the credits song in Kazusa's coda is "Closing" the song is about Kazusa's and haruki's feeling finally being resolved, that ending credits is the only one with the White Album2 and Coda logos.
>>
>>159926474
And from >>106934766:
She actually moves on the true Kazusa route, though maruto said that he was originally planing to make her suicide, but they (leaf) didn't let he do it.
>>
I don't have a problem with Kazusafags who think Kazusa's route is the actual "true" route because of course that's what they think, they're Kazusafags. What I do have a problem with is:

1) People who think Setsuna shouldn't have gotten between the two. What else was she supposed to do? Suffer in silence? All's fucking fair in love and war.

2) People who think Haruki never really loved Setsuna even during Coda. This completely ignores events like Haruki punching Tomochika in The Idol who forgot how to sing because he confessed to Setsuna or all the efforts he went through in CC to reconcile with Setsuna and might I remind you, he KNEW Kazusa was holding a concert in town at the time. Sure it was a troll choice but if he really was that dedicated to Kazusa and doesn't at all love Setsuna you think he wouldn't have dropped everything and met Kazusa? Finally there's >>159871290 (Kazusa is tied for being the person I love the most in the world. This is said in the uwaki route)
>>
>>159926669
>All's fucking fair in love and war.
"Bros before hoes" applies even when gender-flipped.
>>
>>159926669
What I'm trying to say is yes, he never forgot about Kazusa after all those years and he still loves her. But he equally loves Setsuna. His love for Setsuna only developed after she confessed to him. Kazusa may have been his first love but it sure as hell wasn't his only one. The biggest conflict Haruki has to face in coda isn't which girl he actually loves because he makes it abundantly clear in all 3 routes, he loves both girls. The choice he has to make is which girl he loves more/ which girl he thinks can move on without him the easiest and unfortunately the latter always points to Kazusa needing him more than Setsuna.
>>
>>159926669
As Kazusafag, I won't argue with this, because it's true.
>>
>>159926799
Both are legit sayings. It's simply your values vs mine. If you and I are best friends and you're being a pussy about it, constantly denying your feelings in front of everyone then why the hell should I sacrifice my happiness for yours? If anything Setsuna is far too nice of a person for feeling guilty about it after all those years when she did absolutely nothing wrong.
>>
>>159926646
what the fuck
>>
>>159926889
>Both are legit sayings.
But "Bros before hoes" takes priority, hence "花より男子".
>constantly denying your feelings in front of everyone then why the hell should I sacrifice my happiness for yours?
But Touma did make the first move. A move flavored with sweets on the lips.
>It's simply your values vs mine
And thus, we are at an impasse.
>>
>>159926669
But, at the same time, Setsunafags saying that Haruki chose Kazusa out of pity are also wrong and they know it.
>>
>>159926991
>"Bros before hoes" takes priority
Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed the idioms priority system class in high school.
>>
>>159926991
>But Touma did make the first move
Yeah, in complete secrecy. She didn't have the balls to fight fair with Setsuna so Setsuna responded in turn.
>>
>>159927310
Now we're talking. You are an uncouth individual, lacking in gentlemanly manners, and are definitely not 'mah nigga'.
>>
>>159927379
>She didn't have the balls to fight fair
And if "all is fair in love and war" is legit, that argument is invalidated. Setsuna fails the "bros before hoes" test in any case.

>captcha: guitar
>>
>>159927385
And you're a rosy eyed dreamer who still believe in high school romance novels. You want to talk morals and values? After running away like the coward she is she comes back 5 freaking years later to ask Haruki who was already engaged to Setsuna to betray her. You can't get scummier that that.
>>
>>159927450
It's like I'm arguing with a teenager.
>>
>>159927466
I can't get enough of this whataboutism.
>>159927527
好きにしろ。
>>
>>159927550
Yes, slink away like the coward that Touma is.
>>
Bros before hoes is a saying only losers cling on to because they don't have what it takes to handle a straight up fight. They know they are inferior so they have to rely on the abstract and meaningless "I was here first!"
>>
Who came first is irrelevent, Setsuna literally says she knew they were in love and got inbetween by her own admission
>>
There's a cancer story in Coda? Yeah I can't deal with that shit, is it really grim?
>>
Why people try to justify Setsuna low kicking Kazusa and keep telling that Kazusa brought it on herself? That's so selfish. How can you blame Kazusa for her upbringing?
I like Setsuna, but that doesn't change that what she did was wrong.
If I was in her place I'd probably do the same, cause I'm selfish though, but I wouldn't try to justify it.

Also Haruki loved both by the end, I think at the end the scale end up tipping a little for Setsuna or Kazusa depening on the ending though.
I don't know about this realistic and unrealistic thing that's been going, I think both ending have an equal chance of happening depending on the circumstances.
Honestly, I think if Kazusa didn't leave Japan for 5 years, or she had met Haruki in CC he would've chosen her, but that I guess would've robbed WA2 of its exceptional drama, and I wouldn't want that.
>>
>>159927754
She did it because she also loved Haruki and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

>>159927797
Kazusa's mother gets leukemia in Coda hence why Haruki feels he has to step in as Kazusa's caretaker since she literally can't do anything by herself except play the piano. None of the routes explicitly end with her dying but it could simply a matter of time.
>>
>>159927797
Not really, honestly I didn't care much about that
>>
>>159927838
It doesn't change the fact that Kazusa not being honest with herself, Setsuna and Haruki was a major driving force in causing the whole shit storm. Setsuna made a declaration of war to Kazusa. She wanted them both to fight fairly for Haruki's love. Kazusa constantly denies that she is in love and then goes around and kisses him in secret. Setsuna seeing this feels she has to take drastic action to remain in the race hence why she confessed.
>>
>>159926669
>All's fucking fair in love and war.
>How can people not feel bad for Setsuna guys
I love how Setsunafags have no actual standards and just choose whichever viewpoint fits them at the time.
>>
Kazusa didn't want to hurt Setsuna. She didn't confess partly because of that. Setsuna at the same time is okay with hurting Kazusa. Even in the scenario, when Haruki confessed and Kazusa reciprocated, Setsuna still goes and kisses Haruki.
Coda turns things upside down though.
>>
>>159927923
Oh yeah, it doesn't. But a personality issue isn't malicious per se, while Setsuna's was a choice and it ended up working in her favor in spite of someone else. The fact that this someone else was a friend adds to this, that's why I think what she did was wrong.

I can accept the need she had to do that though, she was just a teenage girl in love, but with hindisght, it was still a high school crush, maybe a strong one even, but it wasn't love as deep and contort as it becomes later on in CC and Coda.
>>
>>159928390
>it wasn't love as deep and contort as it becomes later on in CC and Coda
That's not true either. Kazusa noticed from the start that Setsuna looks at Haruki almost the same way she does.
>>
>>159928390
Kazusa dragging her feet was also a conscious decision on her part. You can't just dismiss that as simply a personality issue.
>>
>>159928473
I don't think it was deep love even for Kazusa.
Everyone's feelings start to get tangled up by the end, Setsuna because of her guilt, Kazusa by staying close to Haruki and Setsuna, and Haruki by realizing Kazusa's feeling.
I think there's a whole lot of difference between a highschool crush and the love the main trio develops later on. Second one is backed by shared experience, idealization and just the amount of time passed with those feelings

>>159928502
I don't think she would've never confessed if it wasn't for Setsuna, at least, she wouldn't have in years - if she stayed in Japan as iirc she was going to do
>>
>>159927466

Why should Kazusa stay to watch the man she loves all lovey dovey with her best friend? Bit harsh to call that cowardice.
>>
File: 1476168143217.png (630KB, 925x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476168143217.png
630KB, 925x720px
>>159926646
What the fuck? I'm a Kazusafag but that's fucked up
>>
>>159926812
>unfortunately the latter always points to Kazusa needing him more than Setsuna.
I feel like this is an extremely important point. Kazusa, as cute as she is, is a complete fucking autist and definitely needs Haruki's guidance. Setsuna is more or less a functioning human bean, better off than Kazusa anyways.
>>
I forgot -- why do the heroines even like Haruki again?
>>
>>159929900

I dunno' if you're the same guy who keeps posting shit about Kasusa earlier in the thread needing a caretaker and whatnot but it and what you just said is complete bollocks.

Just because she had no interest in other people before Haruki and Setsuna, didn't make her some dribbling spastic who doesn't understand how to function in Society, she managed perfectly fine living by herself for years without any issue.

She had trust and abandonment issues, but so did Setsuna.
>>
>>159929965
>>159874294
>>
>>159930072
Did you even fucking play the game?
>>
>>159929466
Because how dare she after all this time. And I'm not even exaggerating. In her route she asks Haruki to word for word "betray setsuna", on Setsuna's birthday again no less.
>>
>>159930625
Haruki offered her to choose though. He said himself that if she wants to be with him, he would abandon everything.
>>
>>159926646
>an hero
does this nigga wants to be the urobuchi of lovestories
>>
>>159930518

Yes, and you massively exaggerating her 'autism'. She can be a bit difficult, but she isn't actually retarded.
>>
>>159931443
I don't think you played the game because 80% of the common route in coda was dedicated to showcasing just how inept Kazusa was without someone to watch her.
>>
Today, is the crossroad in my...in the life of the 3 of us.
because the decision I'll make today will involve a lot of the people around me.
"you're the one who vanished from my reach!"
"you're the one who went somewhere I could never reach!"
"what's wrong with me loving a good for nothing!"

Because, ever since that time...
In the day my fate started rolling was winter, in that day it was snowing, it's been always continued snowing...

Haruki: ugh...
My chest hurts
harsher than the coldness of winter covering my whole body, harsher than the coldness of the snow, something more bitter and painful surges like a stream.
I won't run away anymore.
I have no option but to choose one among the two of them
Haruki: ugh... hnghh...
I know what's right, what's precious, and what's happy
Even so, I doubt.
Because this is my ultimate decision.
Kazusa won't decide, so I will do it.
Just for this once time, I'll obey my feelings, I'll choose my most precious person in the world.
I won't regret it even if it's a mistake.
Haruki: ugh~~!
this will be my final, one that I won't be able to return from, ultimate decision
>>
Haruki: "kazusa, you're a horrible woman, your personality is bad, your attitude is bad, and

you're a coward.
your only good point is your piano"
Kazusa: "what... harukiii..."
She instantly looks down, and her voice shakes.
Haruki: "you look good on the exterior, but you're rotten on the inside, no matter how talented you are, you're a failure as a member of society."
Kazusa: "Stop.... stop..."
the strong font she had until now dissapears, and she can't hide her shock and tears.
Haruki: "you're the lowest, do you know how much suffering you've caused me?"
Kazusa: "please... don't be that mean... even I know what you're saying it's true"
Tears accumulate in her eyes, and she looks at me like an abandoned puppy.
Haruki: "it's natural for someone with your talent to rest in your laurels, and to not adapt to society, and to fail as a person."
She really is so weak...
Haruki: "Kazusa, you're an absolute failure."
Kazusa: "stop..."
Haruki: "if Youko-san and I are gone, how are you gonna live?"
Kazusa: "how should I know? I wouldn't even think of that possibility!"
Haruki: "you are this useless, helpless and weak."
Kazusa: "Harukiiii! youuu..!"
Haruki: "So I have to choice but to take matters into my own hands"
Kazusa:"..........eh?"
If she's like that, there's no way I can leave her.
Haruki: "I, you know... that terrible person that you are... I love her, more than anyone in

the world"
kazusa:"....... Eh, eh-?"
Haruki: "if you don't live happily, i can't stand that."
Kazusa"......Haru....ki?"
No, i want to do it, I want to reach out my hand to her
Haruki: "So you can be happy, no, so you can keep on living, I'll say it."
Haruki. "I'll stay at your side... even If I have to throw everything away"
>>
>>159931772
Fuck, reading this hurts
>>
>>159931818
;_;
>>
>>159929965
Setsuna fell in love with him because he was straight with her and saw through her school-idol facade. Kazusa fell in love with him because of his reliability and persistence, and because he took her help seriously when she gave it. Paying attention to him and growing sympathy for him broke her out of a dark period of self-absorbed loathing. Read the omake "The Snow Melts, and Until the Snow Falls":

https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=White_Album_2_Omake/Story01
>>
>>159931818
I think I can post the continuation, if I manage in time.
>>
>>159932737
So basically everything could have been avoided if Yoko took Parenting 101
>>
>>159932847
Everything like what?
>>
>>159931818

Haruki: I'll stay at your side no matter what. Even if I have to abandon everything else.
Kazusa:... you're not being serious
Haruki: ....
Kazusa: don't tease me like that
Kazusa: even though I know you're lying, I still believe it a little, and it makes me sad
Haruki: Do you hate the idea of being with me sad? Do you dislike the idea of being with me that much?
kazusa: Idiot! don't misunderstand things on purpose! I hate when you do that!
haruki: sorry
Kazusa: it's like waking up from a dream, and getting sad because of something you can never have
haruki: Kazusa...
Kazusa: don't talk about impossible dreams, there's a limit to cruelty
Haruki: unfortunately, you're off the mark
Kazusa: Eh?
Haruki: I'm not lying, and I'm not teasing you either
Haruki: I'll really stay with you no matter what from now on, no matter where you go. Even if that place is Vienna
Kazusa: !?
Haruki: The pianist Kazusa Touma, or just the regular Japanese Kazusa Touma, I don't care which one.
Haruki: I'll support you from now on, I'll live for your sake from now on
Kazusa: haruki... you... are you........ insane?

We both freeze where we stand, but not from the winter air surrounding us, and not from happiness either, but from the pressure, the despair and the depression weighing us down

Kazusa: if you grant my wish, you'll have to leave someone else's dream behind...
Haruki: I'm fine even if I have to leave Japan, leaving overseas might be harsh at first, but I have confidence I'll manage to get a job
Kazusa: I don't mean that...!
Haruki: Don't worry about my family, they never cared much about me in the first place
Kazusa: I don't mean that, you're pretending to misunderstand thing again!
haruki: yeah...
Kazusa: What about... Setsuna?
haruki: ....
kazusa: you... no way.... are you serious?
>>
Haruki: I'll save the one most important person in the world to me, that's why I decided.
Kazusa: i-idiot!
Haruki: right now, that probably right
Kazusa: *crying sounds* that's... don't do it... haruki...
haruki: Kazusa...
Kazusa: if you say more, I won't ever be able to live without you...
Haruki: uh... if you say that, it only makes me want to protect you harder...
Kazusa: *crying* so... sorry
haruki: listen, Kazusa, this is something only I decided, if you don't agree and it doesn't make you happy, if you're happier not taking my hand, then... I'll give up.
I only want your happiness...
but right now, I'm only causing you pain, I'm sorry.
but, you'll have to decide.
kazusa: me..?
haruki: probably, for both you and me, whatever the future has for us, we'll only find regret.
So at least, let's decide our own future, let's regret our own decision, if we're betraying someone dear, let's always carry that weight.
Kazusa: be-betray?
Haruki: I've already betrayed. Now you're the only one left.
Kazusa: ....
haruki: if this decision will make your life harsher, of if it'll make it a little happier...
i want you to consider it.
If you give me a positive answer, I'll do everything in my power to open up that path.
Even if I have to make a pact with the devil.

-scene cuts, Kazusa is now in the airport, the announcer says in the voicespeaker that the plane to Vienna is about to leave-
Later we see a plane taking off.
>>
Haruki gets of the train, and when he's leaving the station, he finds Kazusa standing there.
Kazusa:.........yo
Haruki: ah...
Kazusa: it's been a week, how are you doing?
Haruki: the same to you...
Kazusa: me? or course I'm not doing well, because of that horrible choice you gave me, I thought I'd get sick and end up in the hospital
Haruki: that's...
Kazusa: what's with that face? don't tell me you already regreted what you said to me?
Haruki: I wouldn't...
Kazusa: if you regreted, that'd be only natural...
Kazusa: I thought pretty hard about that choice, it'd be weird if I didn't...
Haruki: and your answer is...?
KAzusa: ....
Haruki: shouldn't you give me an answer already? are you going to choose me, or are you going to dump me?
Kazusa: ... I went to the airport today...
haruki: eh?
Kazusa: I wasn't planning to run away and return to Vienna, I didn't even buy a ticket.
Haruki: then, why?
Kazusa: I just wanted to remember.
Haruki: remember what?
Kazusa: the sadness I felt when I left you 5 years ago, the pain that pierced my heart..
Kazusa: and I compared it, to the pain my decision would cause
Haruki: and then...?
Kazusa: don't you want to ask why was i waiting for you here?
Haruki: that's...
Kazusa: you know why, that I know what day is today, that there's a place you must definitely go today.
Haruki: ...
>>
Kazusa: Haruki... you're going to Setsuna's birthday party, am i wrong?
Kazusa: you'll meet with Setsuna, and won't say anything about me, you'll give her a present, eat with her, and kiss her when you're alone, right?
Haruki: Kazusa...
Kazusa: and then you'll regret your decision, you'll think it's okay to leave me behind, that you're fine with Setsuna.
Haruki: I wouldn't...
Kazusa: I know how you are, you'll doubt again
Kazusa: ...but I'll put an end to that.
haruki: eh?
Kazusa: I hurried from the airport, by car, by taxi, and even running here to meet you, and I barely made it.
Kazusa: i came here to stop you.
Haruki: Kazusa...?
Kazusa: don't meet Setsuna anymore... Haruki... betray Setsuna... and choose me. Please... stay always by side...
Haruki: are you sure?
Kazusa: I love you
>>
>>159926474
That hints that Kazusa ending should be played last. There are two true endings, one with Setsuna and another with Kazusa.
>>
>>159934092
Kazusa's autism
>>
>>159926474
>This theme is only followed in Kazusa's route, since Haruki and kazusa sacrifice other people's happines in exchange for their own happiness.

Wrong. This is also show in Setsuna True and Kazusa Normal, where Kazusa sacrifices her own happiness for Haruki and Setsuna. Same with the other side heroines.
>>
>>159928370
What point of view? At least Setsunafags doesn't demonize Kazusa in order to make Setsuna look better. Most of them only say the truth, that Kazusa was a coward for not confessing and for running away. Even as a Kazusafag I admit that she was a coward not only in IC but in Coda too. She is way worse than Setsuna since she felt genuinely happy for not only because she won Haruki but because she made Setsuna the most miserable girl in the world. Setsuna isn't a saint either but doesn't matter how you see it, Kazusa was way worse than Setsuna. I personally like that selfish side of her.
>>
>>159934871

They are forever my favourite pairing.
>>
>>159935636
>she felt genuinely happy for not only because she won Haruki but because she made Setsuna the most miserable girl in the world
She never said it though.
>>
>>159935636
>At least Setsunafags doesn't demonize Kazusa in order to make Setsuna look better.
>Proceeds to demonize Kazusa
>BTW I'm a Kazusafag :^)
Nah.

Kazusa distancing herself in IC was the most selfless course of action she could manage. She didn't want to mess up Haruki and his new relationship by revealing her feelings after he'd made his choice, and kept trying to direct his attention back to Setsuna. Unfortunately his usual persistence backfired and dug it out of her.
>>
>>159925979
Have you ever been in love?
>>
>>159937218
The idea of destroying everything you have for the sake of that one special girl is a concept only 13 year olds would find appealing.
>>
>>159937486
So you haven't.
>>
Damn, ya'll sound like a bunch of women arguing over the latest romance show on television with this fucking game. Story is as straightforward as one could get:
>one boy, two girls
>boy likes girl A
>girl A likes boy, girl B wants boys attention because she's lonely
>girl B sees that Girl A likes boy, gets in the middle also because she's lonely and lost her friends
>love triangle bullshit ensues
>main boy never lost love he had for girl A, even when getting with girl B due to attraction + pressure
>feels overwhelm all parties into adulthood where everyone eventually grows up and follows their hearts

I personally think Kazusa's route is the true route because it at least ties up the MC storyline and allows him to be true to himself which wraps everything up nicely. She may not be perfect, but he always loved her and finally got the opportunity to be with her, despite everything.
>>
>>159937486
>destroying everything
>manning the fuck up and not allowing some nosy as fuck friends to decide whats right for you
>Breaking off a relationship with someone you realize you do not love instead of dragging things out, possibly cheating on them and making it worse for you and the other party in the long run.
Again, have you ever been in love?
>>
>>159937541
Keep projecting.

>>159937542
>even when getting with girl B due to attraction + pressure
Oh look, yet another anime only fag / summaryfag who thinks Haruki never truly loves Setsuna.

>>159937665
Found another one.
>>
>>159937737
>Oh look, yet another anime only fag / summaryfag who thinks Haruki never truly loves Setsuna
OK, he loves Setsuna too. What does that accomplish when, the way the game and novels is presented, shows that his heart truly wants Kazusa? He is constantly torn with doubt and confliction when he is with her, so much so that during Setsuna's true route he takes a backseat to allow the two of them to resolve their issues, instead of honestly picking. And thats not some middle of the common route type choice, that happens in Setsuna's route. Showing he's not willing or able to face his feelings, or honestly reject Kazusa himself, unlike in Kazusa's route where he grows the fuck up and faces what he wants, be damned the consequences.
>>
>>159937737
>p-projection! Wew, I totally showed that guy
Neck yourself
>>
>>159937881
Except he did pick. He picked Setsuna and wanted nothing more to do with Kazusa. When Kazusa forced herself on him in her abandoned old house he kept chanting "The one I love is Setsuna" in front of Kazusa over and over again until she got the message. It was Setsuna who insisted on helping Kazusa back on her feet.

>>159937978
Are you frustrated?
>>
>>159938010
>Except he did pick
Yea, in her route. My point is if you analyze his actions, it's clear he's forcing himself to ignore how he really feels part in due to the fact that he does honestly love Setsuna, but also in part that he STILL loves Kazusa despite himself, hence the chanting. It was in part to convince himself and drown out the part of him that still cares for Kazusa.
>>
>>159938240
Of course he still cares for Kazusa. I've been trying the entire thread to tell you all that he loves both girls and the winning girl in her route only barely manages to win. See >>159873211
Even in Kazusa's route he makes it abundantly clear that he still loves Setsuna or else he wouldn't have gone through all that shit for her in CC. And in the cheating route he blatantly states that both girls are tied in his heart for number 1.

People like you who downplay his feelings for Setsuna and elevate Kazusa to the only girl he will truly love despite the entire narrative really fucking piss me off.
>>
>>159938372
>downplay his feelings for Setsuna and elevate Kazusa
It's due in part to the fact that he loved Kazusa from the very beginning, even before Setsuna was in the picture. The way fans usually take to these kinds of stories is to root for the original girl who the MC truly seems to care for first and foremost. Anything else seems like, and usually is just a rebound. I get you like Setsuna, but because he didn't like her from the beginning and shoehorned her way into MC's life will always be a stain against her character to those who do not like her. No matter what she does, it will be seen as manipulative and selfish against Kazusa.

also
>really fucking piss me off
Calm down, it's fiction.
>>
It's sad that in Setsuna's ending in Coda she gets everything she dreamed, but in Kazusa's the price to pay is for Haruki to lose everything

Both girl are good, not trying to drag on this shitty Kazusa v Setsuna thing
>>
>>159938550
And none of what you say matters because none of it is part of the narrative. The narrative makes it clear that he loves both girls and Kazusa isn't the super special "only girl" in Haruki's heart you all want her to be.

Let's discuss the narrative further. With the 3 side heroines Kazusa's presence is almost completely written off and Haruki only ever deals with his feelings for Setsuna in each of them. Some super special girl Kazusa turned out to be huh?
>>
>>159938623
>price to pay is for Haruki to lose everything
What did he lose exactly? Shitty friends that couldn't respect the decisions of his love life? The family of a girl he did not want to be with? A job he can easily replace?
>>
>>159938779
>isn't the super special "only girl" in Haruki's heart you all want her to be
Are you serious? The first chapter is all about how special Kazusa is to Haruki and the drama that happens due to her is why he ends up the emotional wretch he is in Coda and CC. Who's downplaying feelings now?

Also
>3 side heroines
Why are you bringing them up when they are nothing more than afterthoughts to the main storyline of Haruki, Setsuna and Kazusa?
>>
/a/ thoughts on best side heroine? I thought they were fairly well written as well.

My personal favorite was Koharu - I really liked her and the similarities she had with Haruki. Her stubborn straightforward personality and serious hardworking mentality was quite adorable, especially with how things started off on a bad note with Haruki but then eventually warmed up to her senpai. I find these types of honest characters very endearing.

However, Maruto reminds us again in this route with the suffering that love entails. By being with Haruki, for the first time, Koharu had to lie. She had to sacrifice her school life and friends. Her character began a descent to corruption, and soon she would lie as easily as Haruki and even to him as well about her issues. She struggles internally and wants to make amends, but as the lies add up, it becomes harder and harder for her to solve the issues. Putting her relationship first and foremost, she chooses to hide her problems from Haruki and resolve it herself and Haruki is much more passive and does not pry. Eventually, she suffers a heartbreaking mental breakdown as she cries in his arms as her only consolation. She became known as a slut in school, her best friend hates her, and her academics are falling behind. Haruki steps in at the end and she was able to be ‘saved’.

It’s interesting that by the end of the route, she is actually worse off than she was originally - she failed her entrance exams, and had to stay back a whole extra year. The issue with her best friend also resolves itself in the other routes as she does not lie to her friend and confronts her about the misunderstanding. The scene with Setsuna crying the in café after she gave Koharu her blessings is also heartbreaking as well. Overall, it was a highly worthwhile route with many feels to be had.

Also, Koharu>Mari>Chiaki
>>
>>159939015
And the entirety of CC is how he got over her. He even knew how she was holding a concert in town during CC. Despite it being a troll choice you really think he wouldn't have dropped everything just to see her if he was that special to her?

Why do I bring up the other 3? What does it say about how special Kazusa is if he could easily move on with any other girl and only deal with his feelings with Setsuna? Kazusa was completely irrelevant for the entirety of CC and that was the longest part of the story. Face it, your princess isn't that fucking special.
>>
>>159939540
>He even knew how she was holding a concert in town during CC.
No, she wasn't.
>>
>>159939540
>she was holding a concert in town during CC
>Kazusa was completely irrelevant for the entirety of CC
Just stop pretending you read anything besides some shitty summary.
>>
File: ev200600.jpg (93KB, 1280x466px) Image search: [Google]
ev200600.jpg
93KB, 1280x466px
>>159939615
>>159939672
Please go back and play the fucking game. It was the 31th of December. Instead of going to the concert he decided to hang out with his friends and afterwards make a call to Setsuna telling her he loves her despite what happened on Christmas.
>>
>>159939532
Koharu's route was easily the most enjoyable for me for all of the reasons you described. Mari's was generic it's easy to see how she was just there to fill the token older woman love interest role. I found Chiaki to be so unlikable that I couldn't pay attention at all during her route. I see people praising her route as the best of the 3 side characters but I just can't seem to care about the plot at all.
>>
>>159939732
And whose concert was it?
>>
File: WHITE_ALBUM271.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WHITE_ALBUM271.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>159938790
>A job he can easily replace?

eh, the game goes out of his way to show you he felt at home at his job, when he announces he's quitting for personal reasons, his boss is like "what happened? is something I can help you with? do you need advise?" even his coworkers are like this, and they end up invinting to drink and wish him farewell, he ends up crying, having to lose this job, these people, hurt like bitch to him.
>>
File: Untitled.png (565KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
565KB, 1366x768px
>>159939880
I went back and played the scene just for you and yeah my bad, it was Youko's concert. Must have slipped my mind. But he was made aware he could meet Kazusa there.
>>
>>159939872
Yeah Mari's route (cake route) was pretty standard fare and had its share of lovey dovey mixed with work life. I also could not connect with Chiaki so her route fell flat for me, especially with her fake personas and imitating Setsuna. The writing and characterization is there so I see where the praise comes from, but at the same time it feels like there's too many layers of complexity in her character and did not resonate with me for any emotional impact. Her H scenes were pretty funny though.

Koharu still the best innocent kouhai.
>>
>>159940193
>they end up invinting to drink and wish him farewell, he ends up crying, having to lose this job, these people, hurt like bitch to him.
Sure, it's not pretty but at the very least he ended things amicably and he wasn't demonized by them for needing to leave due to personal reasons. His friends though? All throughout the game they seemed needlessly meddlesome and interested in his relationship for no good fucking reason. Almost as if they were living vicariously through it. Good riddance.
>>
>>159940222
Why did you think Koharu made the conscious effort to approach Haruki despite her knowing he already had Setsuna and after going out of her way to arrange the Christmas date for them? It felt pretty jarring for such a straight laced character to steal someone's boyfriend like that although she did feel like shit at the end of her route. Her glasses friend was a complete paranoid bitch though and she shouldn't have tried so hard to reconcile with her.
>>
File: Kazusa18.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa18.png
1MB, 1366x768px
415 posts, proud of y'all.
>>
File: WHITE_ALBUM25E.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WHITE_ALBUM25E.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>Implying Haruki doesn't love Kazusa more than Setsuna
>>
Untitled.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>159941070
Only on her route.
>>
>>159941070

Did you guys learn rune just for WA2?
>>
>>159941070
Also see
>>159871290
>>159871647
>>
>>159941201
Not him, but I did.
>>
>>159941201
No that'd be stupid. I learned moon to enjoy japanese media in general. Learning japanese unlocks more games to you than any other language on the planet.
>>
>>159941201
I learned it because I like japanese animation and manga and games, though I did get a lot more serious about it back when the Clannad game was a thing.
>>
Untitled.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>159941153
>>
File: WHITE_ALBUM23 (2).jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WHITE_ALBUM23 (2).jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
>>159941309
:^)
>>
>>159940415
Going off memory here since it's been a year since I finished it, but IIRC Koharu was very much invested in the planning stages and is the type of person to see things through to the end. She felt responsible for the failure of the date that she planned and wanted to help Haruki get over it. The other part of the reason is the issue with her best friend which believes that Haruki did not have a girlfriend and wanted to pursue him. If Haruki reconciles with Setsuna, she would have irrefutable proof to settle her best friend's doubts. Her friend’s doubts are not without reason, since Koharu works with Haruki and has been getting closer to him. Haruki also initially said he did not have a girlfriend which adds to her doubts.

Also, I believe it was never her intention to 'steal' Haruki and she vehemently denied it when her best friend asked her if she was going out with Haruki. A couple points led to the unfortunate dilemma she had in her route - being the class rep type character, she does go out of her way to put her nose in other people's business such as helping Haruki with Setsuna. She also wants to help clear the misunderstanding with her best friend but is seen with Haruki and misunderstood. Lastly, is her slowly developing feelings for Haruki which complicates things. The fact that Haruki also actively seeks her out makes it even more troublesome. This ties in very closely with the themes in White Album 2 with who is right and who is wrong? A lot of things are really half truths, Haruki never broke it off Setsuna, but at the same time is not really seeing her anymore. This is what makes White Album 2 great.
>>
>>159941385
You know exactly what he says afterwards. So nice try.
>>
File: WHITE ALBUM2 x.jpg (142KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
WHITE ALBUM2 x.jpg
142KB, 960x544px
Give me a reason to finish Chiaki's route.
>>
>>159941517
To see Setsuna get her heart ripped out for the nth time in this game only this time it's for the stupidest fucking reason.
>>
Setsunafags are the worst because they go into this game/anime wanting your classic Clannad type romance, when in reality it's based on manipulation and selfishness. Kazusa's romance with Haruki at least feels like a real relationship with ups and downs.
>>
>>159941268
>No that'd be stupid.

Would it be though? :^)
>>
>>159941643

Would you say WA2 does a good job of showing what love can really be like compared to other Anime/VN?
>>
>>159941643
Spoken like a person who doesn't understand a goddamn thing about the series. Setsuna is easily the most complex character in the entire game and her love story is anything but typical. Yes Setsuna is the most perceptive and manipulative character in the game. But you know what? She's also the nicest person ever. If she really wanted to she could have easily used her abilities to destroy any chances Kazusa had with Haruki by playing with his guilt but does she? No. Because ultimately she wants the best possible ending for everybody involved. She does harbor dark and ugly feelings of resentment and jealousy for Kazusa but in every instance she manages to suppress them and go the extra mile to help Kazusa out even though she could have left her to rot and lived a happy life with Haruki.
>>
>>159941953
Yes, I believe it does because it presents alot of situations where you can sense the humanity of the characters. As in, their flaws are laid bare and seem to have more complexity than "this is just their character trope which they will not grow from at all". Also, given your choices in the game, you can help the characters grow beyond their flaws. It's exceptional, to say the least.
>>
>>159941643
>when in reality it's based on manipulation and selfishness.

The moment when Kazusa slaps Haruki's phone out of his hand before they have sex, knowing that it was Setsuna on the other side of it is probably one of my favourite character moments in an anime.

She's been hurt too long to let anyone come between what she's wanted for so long now, even Setsuna who she loves very dearly. It's a very selfish act, and I actually prefer it to her just kissing him in the VN.
>>
File: 1447275703375.jpg (223KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1447275703375.jpg
223KB, 555x555px
>>159942007
>If she really wanted to she could have easily used her abilities to destroy any chances Kazusa had with Haruki by playing with his guilt but does she? No.
>Imagine having this level of delusion with regard to a character you are a shipperfag of
>>
>>159942141
You don't think she could? If she's as manipulative as you say and Kazusa is that socially stunted and Haruki that wracked by guilt. It'd be easy as hell to craft a situation where she'd guilt trip Haruki into being with her out of pure obligation.
>>
>>159942094
Exactly. In reality it is selfish, but it is also her honest feelings manifesting itself in a way to show that she will not just bend over and allow her heart to be broken anymore, which is incredibly human. Kazusa was trying up until that point to keep her feelings in check and not cross that line, but she had reached her limit. Now contrast that with Setsuna, who when she saw the tides of Haruki's feelings dipping in Kazusa's favor, even a little bit manipulated her way into being Haruki's girlfriend because she didn't want to be alone. Yea, she may have liked him too, but her main reason for pressuring Haruki into a relationship was so she could be the center of attention and not be excluded like she felt she would be if Haruki and Kazusa would get together. Who in the fuck does that?
>>
>>159942215
Dumbass, she DID. That's what caused the whole conflict of the first fucking chapter. Were you asleep the entire time?
>>
>>159942215

Isn't that practically what happened in IC? KAsusa was too socially stunted to think Haruki would return her feelings and wimps out, Setsuna asked him out knowing he's too nice to say no?

>>159942094

We need more of these moments on Youtube, the sex scene is up there ofc (and I still maintain it's the best non h-scene in anime, extra lol at Haruki saying he wasn't too bothered if his mum was still in at the time or not in VN, lel) but the confrontation on the streets, the reconciliation in the park, all of it...not there.

>>159942270

Hey now, I wasn't saying that to one up any of the characters, more like praise WA2's writing in general.
>>
>>159942270
>>159942306
>>159942366
I don't even fucking know what to say anymore. I'm tired of repeating the same shit over and over again. Believe whatever you want to then. Setsuna is the worst person in the world she only got between them because she didn't want to remain relevant. Everything was her fault. Kazusa is a fucking princess who could do absolutely no wrong and was 100% the victim.
>>
>>159942554

I don't why you're quoting me, I just repeated what Setsuna herself said, and no asked you to wage a one man fucking crusade either, nice job throwing your toys out the pram.
>>
>>159942672
Then you obviously forgot the scene at the airport where she said "there's no way that's true". To attribute everything she did to simply wanting to remaining relevant in the group completely downplays how much she liked Haruki. She was going to confess anyway but because Kazusa was too much of a fucking splerg to do things up front she felt she had to speed things up or she would lose.
>>
>>159942731

I'm the person who said she knew Haruki would not say no, which is what she said. That's all I'm saying, I'm not those other anons.
>>
>>159942731
Jesus dude, calm down. You like Setsuna, we get it. Just because other anons have a different opinion doesn't devalue yours. Just agree to disagree and continue living your life.
>>
>>159942141
>>159942215
>>159942306
>>159942366
There's an omake that retells the confession scene from her perspective. Yes, it was very calculated, even while she was horrified with herself while doing it.

https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=White_Album_2_Omake/Story02
>>
>>159943008

It's a shame too, because I really actually kinda' respect anyone who likes WA2 that much.
>>
>>159943135
>You should have confessed to him sooner.
>You should have done so while I was still out of the way.
>If you did, I'd be peeved and grumble about it, and maybe even cry a little.
>I'd worry both you and Haruki-kun, tormenting the two of you more and more.
>And in the end I'd regain my footing, and accept the two of you as you would be.
>And then I'd be able to quell these small feelings of mine.
I hate how she never fucking takes responsibility for any of the shit she does. She either passes blame or accepts wrongdoings out of a narcissistic need to always be the saintly victim.
>>
File: Kazusa22.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa22.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>
File: Setsuna6.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna6.png
1MB, 1366x768px
I did enjoy the WA2 thread on Setsuna's birthday last year.
>>
>>159940982
>>159943139
Discussion wouldn't be as lively without Setsunafags in the mix. It's like pottery.
>>
File: WHITE_ALBUM27 (3).jpg (206KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WHITE_ALBUM27 (3).jpg
206KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: Setsuna2.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna2.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>159943691

Well, 1/3 of the success of WA2 is down to her , after all.
>>
>>159940209
No he wasn't, he just received a ticket and Youko hoped he'd be there to surprise Kazusa. He thought he could maybe meet her, but never received any confirmation
>>
>>159941201
tfw learned runes to read Miyako's route in Majikoi because endless 80%
tfw never read it but read this masterpiece instead
>>
>>159943483
>And in the end I'd regain my footing, and accept the two of you as you would be.
>And then I'd be able to quell these small feelings of mine.
And Twinkle Snow ~reverie~ shows she wouldn't be able to do even that much.
>>
>>159944457

How canon are these Omake?
>>
>>159944515
Several of them, including this one, shows up in the PS3 version. Others in official Drama CDs and the like. So yes, all canon.
>>
>>159944625

!

So the drama CD with HAruki and Kazusa being happy together is canon?
>>
File: rxn_lol_FT_faust_ch192_p09.png (23KB, 315x290px) Image search: [Google]
rxn_lol_FT_faust_ch192_p09.png
23KB, 315x290px
>>159944457
>Meanwhile, at Maruto
>>
>>159944702
As a "what if" timeline? sure. What's assured is that the way the characters act in the segment are canon (ie not OOC), since Maruto wrote it.
>>
>>159944818
Oh you were talking about the drama cd, haven't listened to that yet, my bad. If Maruto wrote its script then yes, canon.
>>
>>159944818

But just to clarify, the thing where Kazusa marries Haruki in the room they first kissed is a fan thing isn't it?
>>
File: kazumoe.jpg (271KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
kazumoe.jpg
271KB, 1440x900px
>>159944918
Maruto wrote the After Stories, why are some people so angry that Kazusa and Haruki are happy together?
>>
File: Kazusa27.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazusa27.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>
>>159944918
Somehow I thought they were never going to return to the country, much less the music room. Like there'd be too many painful memories and potential ambush situations.
>>
>>159948830

I think it's a perfect ending to their journey as they can get if you ask me. All the pain, all the suffering, everything they've been through, it finally ends in the place it began.

Are they really no great figures of White album 2? I really fucking want one of Kazusa behind a Piano.
>>
Anyone else want to learn the Piano because of Kazusa? Or maybe a guitar/piano because of WA2 in general?
>>
>>159942554
Go and read the visual novel or watch the actual anime before writting this nonsense. I'm a Kazusafag, Kazusa may be best girl but she is too far from being a victim precious princess. She is as guilts as Setsuna and Haruki. If you think that Kazusa is the victim you missed the whole point of WA2.
>>
>>159945058
Kazusa after is beautiful. Her wearing that wedding dress was very moving. The disc is still a fan disc tho, is not canon to the story even though is written by Maruto.
>>
>>159949393

Do they exchange vows or anything?
>>
>>159941643
>Kazusa's romance with Haruki at least feels like a real relationship.

There's nothing realistic on dumping your fiancé that you've been knowing for 6 years for your high school lover that you've known for only months. I would describe Kazusa romance with Haruki as idealistic not realistic.
>>
>>159949596
Kinda. On their music classroom.
>>
>>159949713

It depends if you feel that Haruki held the intense as fuck feelings he had for Kazusa deep in his heart for that long, which I know for many isn't easy to believe so I guess in that sense it's idealistic but the Haruki I know from IC never truly got over Kazusa.

>>159949750

What did they say? :3
>>
>>159949303
He was being sarcastic out of exasperation.
>>
>>159949816
>Haruki I know from IC never truly got over Kazusa

Yup, he never tired to forget her. Kazusa Normal end left it very clear that was it very toxic of him to held those feelings to te point that Kazusa abandoned him again for his sake. Kazusa Normal + Extra Episode is the best and healthiest conclusion of WA2

>What did they say? :3

I can't remember with detail, sorry. I read it with the help of a friend. It was nothing special tho, just the typical proposal, Kazusa was moved to tears, it was very emotional. What shocked me the most is when both, Haruki and Kazusa, remember those days ad high school students but they didn't mention Setsuna at all.
>>
>>159950068
>remember those days ad high school students but they didn't mention Setsuna at all.

Maybe they finally got over it?
>>
>>159949713
Relationships don't conform to one type or one path. Sorry you're too immature to realize that.
>>
>>159950826
Not bloody likely.
>>
>>159950826
Now that would be fantasy.
>>
>>159951883
>>159952109
Sorry you're butthurt about the possibility of a couple that overcame a great deal of trials managing to find happiness in spite of it, but that's how it works in the real world. Get out more.
>>
File: 1474050617680.png (330KB, 471x467px) Image search: [Google]
1474050617680.png
330KB, 471x467px
>>159937218
>muh love
Love doesn't make sense anyways
>>
>>159951883
>>159952109

Hmm, well they have to at some point, I would imagine they are not obliged to think about Setsuna on their wedding day of all days, unless she actually attended said wedding(?) and even then it'd only just be 'nice day, all out friends our here'
>>
>>159864192
OP, are you still here? If so, are you new to anime?
>>
>>159952230

If you listen to the drama CD, I would suffer twice as much as Kazusa and Haruki did if it was promised I'd be just as happy, just as content.
>>
>>159952252
Why?
>>
>>159952230
>Much love is an illogical emotion *tips fedora*
Doesn't stop fags like you from sperging out about it when it doesn't go your way.
>>
>>159952314
Because you only finished this now? It's already a few years old.
>>
>>159952403

T I M E L E S S K A M I G E

Is even Clannad's VN considered a Kamige?
>>
>>159952403
I passed up White Album 2 when it came out. Watched the anime recently and immediately after started playing the game. Didn't do anything else for a week. And no I'm not new to anime. Nobody who's new to anime would be able to sit through a 50+ hour VN in Japanese.
>>
>>159951642
Is still an unrealistic and toxic relationship, even Kazusa herself confirms that in her Normal end. Sorry that you are so dense and biased to realize that. Kazusa True isn't known for being realistic, but for being cathartic and dramatic. The most realistic outcome of WA2 is Kazusa Normal.

>>159952221
Kazusa after didn't imply that they moved on, on the contrary, the fact that they are still avoiding anything related about Setsuna set very clear they they still feel guilty. They are still happy together but they know that their happiness was a result of devastating Setsuna's life, that's te main theme WA2 after all. They probably won't move on after a long time, and they will continue to feel remorse as the same way as Setsuna will never stop loving Haruki. The only (kinda) happy end exist in the Extra Episode, even Setsuna true has some bitterness form Kazusa side of the story.
>>
>>159952945
>toxic relationship

I don't think I'd call it toxic, because what they gained makes them happier than losing whatever they lost.
>>
>>159952221
>Real world.
>Get out more.

Fuck off normalfag.
>>
>>159953119

What I got from WA2, is, if you find your soulmate, you never give up and keep trying no matter what, because it will be worth it.
>>
Does Kazusa really slam the clam to the sounds of Haruki fucking Setsuna in the next room?
>>
>>159953422
Yes.
>>
Setsuna 18 years old.
>>
>>159953740
Setsuna 21 years old. Can girls still develop that much after puberty?
>>
>>159953769
Setsuna 23 years old.
>>
>>159953486

Seems a bit OTT for the type of grounded story WA2 was.
>>
>>159953828
The source material is an eroge. It's not at all surprising. See >>159900069
>>159900939
and in the idol who forgot how to sing digital novel, Setsuna would masturbate to the memory of being groped by Haruki after their trip to the hot springs in IC and she masturbated when she found out Haruki punched his friend when he found out he confessed to Setsuna.
>>
>>159954015
>she masturbated when she found out Haruki punched his friend when he found out he confessed to Setsuna

wat
>>
>>159953769
Wait yeah, I don't think girls develop after puberty ends. Oh well.
>>
>>159954055
One of Haruki's friend confessed to setsuna in the years between IC and CC. When Haruki found out he punched the guy because he couldn't stand the thought of anyone else making her happy. When Setsuna found out about this she pleasured herself that night.
>>
>>159953801
>>159953769
>>159953740
I like how her hairstyle sighly change over the years, it kinda reminds me of Megumi Katou.
>>
>>159954143
And don't forget Kazusa masturbating over Setsuna and Haruki having sex. Both girls are really thirsty.
>>
>>159954143

What a prick.

>The source material is an eroge

Oh I expect lewd, but not Kazusa degrading herself like that, makes me feel really bad for her.
>>
File: Setsuna9.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna9.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Are we past the bump limit now?
>>
>>159954184
What change? I don't see any changes. Megumi's hair noticeably goes from short to ponytail to long and back to short again.

>>159954300
>but not Kazusa degrading herself like that
All three of them are degenerates. Don't kid yourself.
>>
>>159954356
We're past 500 posts. See you again next year.
>>
File: WA2VN3.png (693KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
WA2VN3.png
693KB, 1366x768px
>>159954383
>All three of them are degenerates.

>>159954414

It's been (mostly) fun, I don't think I've ever hated a WA2 thread.
>>
>>159954143
And people say he doesn't really love Setsuna.
>>
>>159954414
What's stopping you guys from making more threads? hell we still have stupid Miuna Monday threads to this very day.
>>
>>159954687

We get diminishing returns, I've found. If anything, it just makes you appreciate every thread.

>>159954687

Not saying he doesn't, but punching someone for trying to make her happy isn't exactly the best example.
>>
>>159954754
It does show how possessive he is of her. That's pretty strong proof of his love.
>>
>>159954828

I don't think possession is love though, especially when you yourself have seriously hurt the 'possession'.

Now, if the guy had cheated on or hit Setsuna, then I'd see it.
>>
Man, when is Maruto going to write something good again like WA2? I tried Saekano but it was unbelievably trash
>>
Does it really render Kazusa too depressed to do anything when she learns of her mother's cancer?
>>
>>159954881
Haruki still felt very strongly for Setsuna. The only thing stopping him from approaching her again is his guilt at having betrayed her.
>>
File: damekoi6.png (690KB, 816x639px) Image search: [Google]
damekoi6.png
690KB, 816x639px
>>159954920
If you like Maruto you can try reading Damekoi or Parfait, both are really really good.
>>
>>159954989
Boy does this girl sound like she has issues.
>>
File: 50 episodes of idols and drama.gif (14KB, 510x266px) Image search: [Google]
50 episodes of idols and drama.gif
14KB, 510x266px
I remember when this was announced for a 50ep anime, but the franchise is basically dead now.

Feels bad ;_;
>>
>>159956153
>the franchise is basically dead now.
It still get some new content though.
>>
>>159956153
Only anime is dead, it still gets other stuff, last I bothered to get was all the vocal songs of the game performed by Kazusa's VA
>>
>>159956153
Who is this guy?
Thread posts: 525
Thread images: 101

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.