[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /a/s opinion on Madoka Magica?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (403KB, 1315x945px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
403KB, 1315x945px
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I watched all of PMMM last night. I honestly don't know why it got popular and in my opinion was very mediocre. It was good enough that I didn't drop it halfway through, but not good enough to be memorable.
>>
>>159816519
Why it's popular

>It's magical girl show but it's REEEALLY DARK
>There are cute girls who eat cake but they also SUFFER AND DIE
>MUH SYMBOLIZUM
>FAUST
>Yuki Kajiura
>SHAFT
>Urobochi

Take all of this away and you would have had mediocre title that would faded away into nothing right after it aired like Daybreak Illusion.
>>
I thought it was pretty bland in all aspects aside from art direction.
>>
>>159816519
Did you watch Rebellion yet? That's where 90% of the "WHAT" comes from.
>>
>>159816711
>take away what makes something good and it would be not good
Fascinating analysis
>>
>>159816943
Rebellion? Never heard of it.
>>
>>159817142
Third movie. Picks up about where the show left off. The first two movies are recaps of the TV series with some bits reanimated, so you can skip those.
>>
>>159817339
Sounds cool. Maybe watching that will make the plot less convoluted.
>>
>>159816519
A lot of its novelty wore off over the years since what made it "unique" has been done over multiple times as years gone by.
>>
>>159816711
>Take all of this away and you would have had mediocre title
>this is what contrarians actually think
>>
>>159816519
It's the evangelion of anime

>loved by some
>hated by the same amount
>homolust
>waifuism
>lot of DEEP parts that people pay lip service to but no one really cares about
>>
>>159816519
It is legit baby's first fault, which doesn't make it bad, but I cannot see you liking it too much if you first watched it past 25.

Overall, QB was too shallow and try hard, a mirror of Gen's own attempts to be deeper than what he is. The characters were cute, some scenes were wonky/forced but it did have a nice flow, Inu Curry did wonderful shit, even Kajiura somehow pulled a nice soundtrack.
>>
>>159818801
Why do people legit think dark magical girls is something that has been done "a lot". After Madoka, which, mind you, aired 6 years ago, almost 7, there has been three "dark" magical shows, Genei, Yuki Yuna and Raising Project, of which only one has ever managed to make a profit.
>>
>>159816519
plenty of reasons

>Ume-sensei
/a/ today do not remember this but Madoka was first announced exactly when Aoki Ume, the creator of Hidamari sketch had peak popularity on /a/ so naturally "Wideface Mahou shoujo" was relevant to their interests

>Urobutcher
on the other side of the pond /jp/ was getting a following to Gen Urobuchi, the person who will eventually be responsible for Psycho Pass and Fate/Zero but at the time created Saya no Uta, so its fans migrated to /a/ for his anime debut

>Hom/u/
but soon another fanbase came out of the woodwork, naturally Hidamari pedigree attracted yurifags from the start and there was shipping as early as when Kyouko was introduced. But the goggles went to peak power by episode 10 when Homura went through endless eight-tier suffering just to save her friend. Let's not mention rebellion

>Evangelion
between the earthquake, the sufferingfest, and the ending that people argue as either "fucking bullshit" or "fucking genius" there's a lot of similarities with another "popular" anime and has the same rage and derp

so yeah it's a pretty impressionable series
>>
>>159819844
I actually just watched Madoka because of the earthquake and everybody comparing it with the curse of Minky Momo
>>
>>159819974
definitely not the first mahou shoujo with dark elements (nor even the darkest of them desu)

but this series came out of the box with it, what with killing a main character 3 episodes in
>>
>>159820272
Oh, this isn't a bash at Madoka or anything, I just disliked Shaft at the time, but the jokes with Minky Momo (Which also had the protagonist dying, and also "caused" a real earthquake) made me give it a chance.
>>
>>159817441
>Maybe watching that will make the plot less convoluted.
not really

if Madoka is the Eva than Rebellion is the EoE
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.