[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we agree that One Piece was one of the best SoL anime wh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: cuteears.png (180KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
cuteears.png
180KB, 340x340px
Can we agree that One Piece was one of the best SoL anime when it actually bothered to pace its adventure with comfier moments inbetween?

This guy on Youtube uploaded nearly everything that made One Piece great if you forget its interesting plot and universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReD4a64R40Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnoGn4pahNc

Please let's talk about the good ol' One Piece.
>>
>Please let's talk about the good ol' One Piece.

But I don't remember what happened over 500 chapters ago.
>>
File: gooddesign.png (263KB, 504x451px) Image search: [Google]
gooddesign.png
263KB, 504x451px
>>159812107
>chapters

wrong thread buddy
>>
>>159812161
10head
>>
>>159812320
it's okay as long as she's cuter than your waifu

>>159812107
you've got nothing better to do than to reread it all anyway
>>
My opinion is unpopular, but as much as I love Robin, Franky and Brook, I enjoyed the crew way better when they were only 5. (Chopper is the cute pet) Can't really explain it, maybe simply nostalgia.
>>
>>159812492
In my opinion it's the character interaction that worsened and the characters that got "flanderized", also the directing allowed more so-called by me "comfy moment" before I believe. And they had better writing maybe.
>>
>>159812492
>My opinion is unpopular
I don't think it is
>>
>>159812669
Yeah all of this.
And they missed this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p385oLW0TXw
>>
>>159811992
I practically rewatched the entire series through that guy's channel a few months ago, I was comfy
>>
>>159812492
Barring Robin, I completely agree. And hopefully no more members join, it's too much already.
>>
>>159813466
It's a fucking pain when they are fighting on their own side and we are following them individually but changing character each time

Well Oda has done this from the start tho
>>
The anime used to be really good at doing scenes like this. It had the right balance of calm moments and comedy which made the well-timed gags work so well. The characters were funny because of how they behaved in general and not because everyone had one single joke that was constantly repeated.

Now everything is completely over the top. I admit I don't watch the anime anymore, but whenever I look up a scene everyone is running around and screaming. The jokes pile on top of each other without any regard for comedic timing and yet at the same time they manage to stretch each joke into oblivion turning a single-panel gag into a three minute scene.
Hell, even the colours are "over the top", or however you'd describe it. They are super bright and hurt the eyes. Sanji's hair looks like glowing piss.
>>
>>159811992
I agree, i miss these moments
>>
>>159813768
Thanks for the analysis, it's helpful to pinpoint what has changed
>>
The anime has been trash for years, stretching out less than one chapter for 22 minutes

http://onepace.net/
this fan project tries to save it by editing out all the filler
>>
>>159813918
We all know that though but even a fan-edited version cannot make the anime like it was made before (and even then there were pacing problems but well)
>>
>>159813918
It's crazy to think one would actually miss filler scenes but Toei fucking made it happen.
>>
>>159811992
I rewatched up until they got to Grand Line with my 14 year old cousin that doesn't watch anime much this weekend. I forgot how good it was, and seeing him react so well to it really brought back some good memories of marathoning the hell out of it during summer break years ago
>>
>the "one piece was good once" meme
You fell for it. It's just your nostalgia
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.