[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you decide what you will pick up every season?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: 1500005276640.jpg (3MB, 1736x2456px) Image search: [Google]
1500005276640.jpg
3MB, 1736x2456px
How do you decide what you will pick up every season?
>>
if it has cute girls on the picture
>>
watch 01 of every show if it doesn't suck watch 02 if it is watchable go on to 03 and if It is still good after 3 eps then i continue watching it
>>
Watch all, drop what I don't like.

Also. this >>159806627
>>
File: 1391471782530.jpg (60KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1391471782530.jpg
60KB, 720x720px
Interesting Summary.
Studio.
VA's.
Director.
Who is doing the OST.
Genre.

In no order, That might be a shit way but that's how I like it.
>>
>>159806560
If it has cute girls I start watching it, if it sucks i stop watching it
>>
Does it have cute girls
How many cute girls does it have
Idol shit need not apply
>>
>>159806560
I don't follow any anime than has: Isekai, it's based on a high school or it's slice of life.
>>
cute girls
good art
>>
Gay cute girls.
>>
>>159806560
Cute girls basically
>>
File: 1498327450037.jpg (281KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498327450037.jpg
281KB, 1920x1080px
Cute girls being cute.
>>
I only pick up shows if the protagonist is a girl. Having one important male character or a group of guys as secondary characters is no problem, but if they get too much focus I tend to drop the show (there are exceptions, like Gatchaman Crowds).
From there, I usually watch 2 episodes before I decide if I'm watching it all or dropping.
>>
>>159806560
I do not watch the anime because I am not a faggot.
>>
>>159806823
How are you enjoying all that free time you have when you don't watch any anime?
>>
>>159806560
seiyuu being a huge factor, then the cute girls
>>
>>159806560
I read the synopsis and I watch the PV.
>>
>>159806560
If someone established who I like does something then I'll watch it, but most tv is bad these days so I don't really worry about it.
>>
File: 1389893614784.jpg (105KB, 581x668px) Image search: [Google]
1389893614784.jpg
105KB, 581x668px
I just scroll through the seasonal chart and if the picture catches my eye I peek at the synopsis. Usually the poster's general composition and aesthetics tell you a lot on the production standards and goals. Then I watch it and depending on my impression on the first ep, I decide to continue it or not (I'm not following the 3 ep rule because most of the time a mediocre first episode is enough to tell the show will be shit).
Also depending on /a/'s reactions I may give some series a try.

This method spares me the time I would have lost on worthless productions. There's no point in watching the first episode of every single show when you already know what to expect from them in a simple glance, once you've got enough experience. Most of anime produced is very unsurprising unfortunately.
>>
>>159806560
By not being a retarded faggot like >>159806791
and at least follow the 3 episode rule
>>
I try everything unless it has all the red flags. For example, this season I didn't even watch the first episode of that gyaru anime because MC is annyoing and boring sperg or Konbini Kareshi because judging by the PV the visuals are going to be shit and I could already tell I'm not going to like any of the characters.
>>
>>159806560
If the girls are cute, I give it a try.
>>
I usually make a rec thread on /a/ because I am too much of a brainlet to make my own choices. so what is everyone watching? I heard 18if is good.
>>
I watch the first episode of everything, if I didn't do that I would overlook many shows that are great.
>>
Literally watch everything except for obvious fujoshit and kid shows
>>
>>159806560
I go through the /a/ threads and look for those that get the most shitposting, those are typically decent series.
>>
If I like it, I keep watching. If I don't like it, I stop watching it.
Descriptions and promo images tell you nothing about how good a show will be. The only way to find out is to watch it.
>>
I watch everything
>>
>>159806560
I make a list 1-2 weeks before a season starts, choose all the ones that catch my attention which normally ends up being half the anime in a season. Do my best to keep up, if a show burns my out I put it on my "on-hold" list. The end
>>
>>159806560
Watch everything and give it the 3 ep rule, by the 7th or 8th episode check the archives to see if people are enjoying the shit you dropped/gets really better and decide to pick them up or not, then fall behind 2 seasons like I am because fuck time management.
>>
>>159806691
something like this, however I'm not afraid to drop a show halfway if it becomes boring
>>
File: 1483729093775.jpg (78KB, 494x588px) Image search: [Google]
1483729093775.jpg
78KB, 494x588px
See if its a harem, romance, or has alot of violence, I'll also give most sports anime a try.
>>
>>159806560
I'm "burned out of anime" as they call it, so for a couple of seasons I've just been watching sequels or shows that are getting an adaptation that I've read a manga of.

This season for example I'm only watching like 4 shows (Yami Shibai, Teekyu) sequels and Fate and Altair adaptations.

Plus Boruto, DBS and SnB from previous.
>>
I never trust /a/ because there are always shows the majority liked and I disliked and vice versa so I usually try the first ep of everything unless it basically screams it will be something I have zero interest in.
>>
>watch PV
>read summary
>make sure it's not shoujo or josei
If PV looks good and summary is bearable I give 1 episode a go and take it from there.
This is seasonal, otherwise depends what I feel like watching, i.e. action or SoL and go from there.
>>
>>159806560
THIS IS MY FETISH
>>
if you want actual discussion on seasonal anime, go to literally any other website
>>
>>159806560
If it's magical girls, I'll watch it. If it's not, then it depends on the description being interesting or not if I'll pick it up.
>>
>>159806560
I usually pleb out and rely on reviews.
I don't like having to watch one episode per week, so I invariably just marathon seasons instead.
>>
I look at synopses for the season and find what looks the most interesting. And when those shows inevitably turn out to be shit I just pick up whatever has fun threads on /a/.
>>
File: tiger odin.png (219KB, 427x530px) Image search: [Google]
tiger odin.png
219KB, 427x530px
>>159806560
I look the synopsis and the cover, then I chose those which got my attention (basically fantasy shows either contemporary or medieval and harem shows) and then visit the websites to watch the pvs.

Then I watch the first episode of all the choosen ones. If I see on /a/ a show that didn't pick my interests but is commented a lot I check it too (as long as if its not about cute girls doing nothing, if its about that I don't bother checking even if there is a thread in each page).

If the first episode is particullary awful, I drop it right there, sometimes without even finishing the episode (Smartphone isekai I'm looking at you).

Then...that's basically it, I usually finish watching everything I start, even if it becomes trash later.
>>
I usually filter out a good amount of shows by just reading the synopsis, genre and watching PVs. Then with whatever's left, I follow the 3 episodes rule.
>>
>>159806560
Watch everything with the 3 episode rule unless it's a sequel to something I've watched, then it's immediately picked up. If I haven't seen it then watch the first one first. Pretty simple.
>>
>>159806560
If a thread on /a/ grabs my attention.
>>
>>159806560
I only watch what's considered good here on /a/
>>
>>159806560
If the girls are cute.

There's not another criteria to choose what to watch, given that in terms of plot they are all shit.
>>
>>159806560
Check for interesting synopses, then watch PVs to make sure it actually seems like the sort of show I'm looking for, then at least first episode (second or third if I'm on the fence, but there's plenty where first is enough).
>>
Cute girls and comedy, Only with that
>>
Primary Decision Criteria
Is it an all girls slice of life show? Do not watch unless absolutely critically acclaimed or needed to understand other non SoL shows.
Is it an all boys/guys show with gay stuff implied? Do not watch unless someone offers a very compelling reason to watch it.
Is it a battle harem? Watch one episode, if the characters or setting are fun, watch until that is no longer the case.
Is it a romance? Watch one episode. If indirect kisses, hand-holding, etc, are seen as big deals, drop the series.
Is it action or mystery? Watch one episode, if it's okay, watch 3 and make the decision then as to whether it is going anywhere. Drop it if not, but pickup again if there is a real and good conclusion.
Is it horror? Watch two episodes, if neither is scary or they are both a repeat of the exact same pattern-- drop. Otherwise watch.
Is it a fantasy adventure? Watch three episodes. Make choice then. If interesting, keep going, if not drop.
Is it an adaptation of something I love already? Watch 6 episodes, make choice then. If done well, keep going, if not, drop.

Enhancements
Is it by a writer or director or studio that has impressed me in the past? Up it to 3 episodes no matter what.
Have I been told in advance that there is some kind of twist that makes it change? Watch until the twist.
Am I discussing the series with a friend? Watch the whole way.
Is it something that I hate to the point where I need to watch all of it to better articulate how much I hate it? Watch it all the way.
Is it a really fun trainwreck? Watch it all the way?

Generally, all single gender casts or harem setups are just a demonstration that the show cannot be good since it negates half of all living beings from its world at the outset. Also, a show is dropped if I am not interested in it enough to download it, but that is more of a soft-drop than an active drop.
>>
>>159806560
I just look at who's directing, honestly.
>>
>>159806560
How frequent/large the threads on /v/ are.
>>
>>159808148
i always trust /a/
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.