[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would /a/ deem EVA a trainwreck if it was released nowadays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: neon-genesis-evangelion.jpg (888KB, 1000x1426px) Image search: [Google]
neon-genesis-evangelion.jpg
888KB, 1000x1426px
Would /a/ deem EVA a trainwreck if it was released nowadays?
>>
>>159802099
Rebuild is a thing, and its pretty bad compared to the original.
Nge was a product of its time and I think it would be nothing like it is if it were released nowadays, with that in mind, its amazing how the themes present in the series are just as real and prevalent today as 20 years ago but I think alot of things would change, specially the art direction and how Anno would approach his ideas.
>>
If NGE were released today it would stand out so much people would go nuts over it

Just like in 1995, but if you take 2017 and consider a 26-ep long original 2D super robot show with the director guiding its vision rather than the company and some of the absolute best talent of the industry contributing in storyboards and animation... well, that's just not something that gets made.
>>
>>159802099
The comedy twist ending would be that Highlander Lincoln was just playing with his action figures in the bathtub the whole time he was visiting some holy ground in order to take his mind off the next person he'd have to decapitate, end credits scene would be him preparing for a duel we never see.
>>
File: .......png (2MB, 1441x1079px) Image search: [Google]
.......png
2MB, 1441x1079px
>>159805544
>>
>>159802099
Yes. But only because such a scenario is premised on there never having been an original NGE and every other NGE-inspired piece of media ever made still being there. So if you were an inter-dimensional traveller lurking bizarro /a/, your mind would be blown by posts like
>hur its like muduka mugika but more trainwreckier
>hur aldnoah with a faget mc
>hur rei is the poor man's [insert Rei clone no. ##### here]
... and so on and so forth.

/a/ would positively detest Evangelion.
>>
File: 1499888614320.png (81KB, 770x260px) Image search: [Google]
1499888614320.png
81KB, 770x260px
>>159802099
Rebuild is the trainwreck. As for NGE /a/ would go:
Ep1: hype
Ep2: wtf they skipped the fight till the end for some grocery shopping and city viewing?
Ep3-4: base get split between boring-fags and character-fags
Ep5-6: lewd-fags appear, hype train-fags appear.
Ep7: Boring fags shitpost to no end
Ep8: Obnoxious Asukafags are born
Ep9-15: Threads devolve into a figh between boring-fags now evolved into dropped fags and character fags now evolving into DEEPfags. It goes unnoticed that 15 will be the best of the series by most people.
Ep 16-24: Hype train gets going and launches into the HYPEST HYPE OF ALL HYPEDOM (it's effects are still seen to this day in every 500+ thread that shows up from time to time whenever somebody new watches eva. Fucking imagine it it was something completely new for fucking everyone.)
Ep 25-26: The biggest clusterfuck in the history of /a/ the likes of which will never be seen and which would last between the airing of the last two episodes and until the release of EoE. Imagine every christmas, valentine and 9/11 all rolled up into one and ruined by Gainax.

That's what watching NGE anew with /a/ would be like.
>>
>>159805791
Is...this a good reaction image, or am I being an imbecile?
>exotic spice racks again in CAPTCHA
>>
>>159807395
>Is...this a good reaction image, or am I being an imbecile?
I don't know. Do you often need an image to represent the exact moment you go from dead inside to sexually frustrated?
>>
>>159807551
thats what it means, but in this case, Im just looking at that post with a sad expression.
>>
would there even be an /a/ if eva wasn't a thing in 1995?
think about it.
>>
>>159802099
According to the cancerous faggots who have ruined /a/ every new anime is a shit trainwreck which they only watch ironically.
>>
>>159807645
The notion that "Eva saved the anime industry" is such an exaggerration that Evafgas pout all the time.
>>
>>159807645
I'm the biggest evafag but yeah, people would still watch anime if eva didn't exist. Even in roughly the same numbers, Neither Eva nor any show alone would really change the size of the medium really just it's shape and texture.
>>
>>159807738
>>159807803
would moot still make 4chin without his waifu?
>>
>>159807551
You're a guro fetish artist I'd wager, your sexual frustration is a cumulative win for mankind itself. I loathe modern television too though, I was just thinking 'bout Lincler and my fan character Teddy Stalinvelt Hero of Justice.
>>
>>159806508
Rei is a poor man's Inori
>>
>>159808032
He'd just would have had a better waifu. Lina Inverse perhaps.
>>159808063
I don't know how like 87% of what you just said it's connected to my post.
>>
>>159807236
>no constant Asuka vs Rei vs Misato posting
>no shitstorm over the MC going full gay
>>
>>159808325
>no constant Asuka vs Rei vs Misato posting
that goes without saying
>no shitstorm over the MC going full gay
that would only down on people very late in the game
>>
>>159808395
Just imagine one whole week of Kaworuposting until scribbles and no animation.
>>
I decided to watch Eva to get back into anime,.
>>
File: 1491867969929.png (221KB, 329x498px) Image search: [Google]
1491867969929.png
221KB, 329x498px
>>159808433
People would lose their heads.
>>
>>159807236
You forgot the part where everyone goes full Shin Sekai Yori on episode 24 and starts to claim you're gay for watching the show.
>>
>>159808325
>>159808433
Everyone would drop the series like they did with Shin Sekai no Yaoi
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.