[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do the Straw Hat Pirates all like each other? Watching the Return

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Luffy Sprite.png (84KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
Luffy Sprite.png
84KB, 420x420px
Do the Straw Hat Pirates all like each other? Watching the Return to Sabody reunion felt like everyone was waiting for Luffy to show up, everyone else could get fucked.
>>
>>159787611
they wouldn't be sailing together if they didnt, besides Zoro and sanji of course.
>>
>>159787611
Of course they do. The fights between Zoro and Sanji are as natural as siblings fighting. They get on eachother's nerves at times, but they care about eachother deep down.
>>
>>159787611
Of course. Especially in. Little moments where one of them is missing or in a bad situation. There is always concern. They obviously spend so much time together on the ship even though it is not animated.
>>
>>159787611
They've all agreed to help Luffy become king for various reasons

They each get along really well with about 2 or 3 people other than Luffy but some of them rarely have positive interactions
>>
>>159787611
Yeah, it's a flaw in the series that will never really be able to be fixed at this point. Because it's such an action-packed series with a billion characters, their friendships with each other are all entirely implied and all we tend to see are the gag reactions to each other.

Though of course, you then have Brook who basically provides the answer to the entire plot hole. They just instantly love anyone who gets Luffy's respect, I mean the guy has only been around most of the crew members for a few days in-universe and yet still they would all die for each other.

You just have to pretend the color pages of the crew are canon because they reflect how Oda wants you to think of the crew.

A lot of them have pretty flimsy motivations and got what they needed from Luffy already and are just there out of loyalty so they must have some respect for one another.

That said, if Luffy died, realistically they'd probably break up and go their separate ways but would still like each other, like Roger's crew.
>>
>>159788776
>that reddit spacing
>>
>>159787611
Usopp and Nami seemed pretty friendly when they met at the bar. But yeah, if you just go by the story as is, it feels more like most of them are just comrades that respect each other's abilities and are working together to achieve their own goals more than really good friends. It's weird, though. The 2 years they spent separated was more time than they have spent together. Canonically, they only aged 2 years, so that means even Luffy and Zoro have spent less than a year travelling together.
>>
>>159788776
I wouldn't call it a flaw. Naturally it's assumed the reader would be able to understand the implied atmosphere of camaderie on the ship without having to resort to making sappy scenes for the express purpose of showing off their relationships with each other.
>>
>>159789680
This meme has gone too far, hes just doing regular spacing. What the hell do you want, a giant ass brick wall of text?
>>
>>159790002

are you fucking stupid?
>>
Have Brook and Franky had a single line of dialogue exchanged? Also does Sanji even like Brook?
>>
>>159790043
Brook told Franky about Laboon initially, and Franky in turn told Luffy. It's kind of the reason Brook decided to join in the end, speedreader.
>>
>>159790002
How about normal paragraphs? I'm sure you've been to elementary school to learn how to use paragraphs.
>>
>>159790043
Franky did confront Brook about the fact he was a freaky fucking Skeleton and Brook responded with death not being an excuse. Which earned Frankys respect.

Although that scenario never really played out
>>
I had a dream where Zoro took his bounty hunting seriously and only joined the crew so he could have his rematch with Luffy when he feels he's strong enough to beat him. Luffy's reckless decision's actually affect the crew and the straw lands on the camel and the crew disagrees with him. They split up and Luffy joins another crew but not as a captain.
>>
Here's my take on their relationships:
>Zoro & Franky: likable assholes who are just kind of along for the ride. They don't favor anyone and nobody favors them.
>Sanji: favors Nami and Robin, nobody favors him
>Usopp: seems to favor Chopper, nobody favors him
>Chopper: loves everyone equally
>Nami: hates everyone equally, except Robin
>Robin: doesn't care about anyone, but at least sees Usopp as being entertaining
>Brook: ship jester
r8 my headcannon.
>>
File: Nami_usopp.png (776KB, 779x532px) Image search: [Google]
Nami_usopp.png
776KB, 779x532px
I thought they were gonna fuck. Seems like they've always been paired as the two normal people in the crew and amongst everyone else she was the one who freaked out the most when he fought with Luffy and left it.

>>159790602
>>Usopp: seems to favor Chopper, nobody favors him

Usopp also seems to be Luffy's best friend.
>>
>>159790602
>Robin: doesn't care about anyone, but at least sees Usopp as being entertaining
>I didn't read Water 7/Ennies Lobby
>>
>>159788776
Despite the reddit space I totally agree.
We always get after every arc the same group shot them celebrating but else we rarely get any interaction between the characters in favour of more running and considering muh nakamas is such a huve theme the writing is rather weak in that regard.
>>
>>159789680
>organizing what you have to say in legible, separate paragraphs is bad
>>
>>159790602
Zoro and Franky both get along quite well with Chopper and you can often see the later riding either of them.

Being Sanji is suffering, however everyone but Zoro likes having him around because food.
Usopp is Luffy's bff.
Nami goes along well with Chopper, Usopp and Robin, I will not commend on her relationship with Sanji to prevent shipwars.
Robin cares about everyone equally, she's just not good at showing it.
Brook is liked by everyone but still feels like "the new guy" for some reason.

Zoro and Sanji is kind of weird, they seem to be bitter rivals rather than actually hating each other but they've shown more than once that they're willing to work together.
>>
>>159791351
>One sentence is enough for separate paragraphs
It could have been done in one paragraph, two if we're being generous.
>>
>>159791506
>Chopper riding Zoro and Franky
~lewd

Actually, I think we've seen everyone except Franky and Zoro ride on Chopper when he's in reindeer form after the timeskip. Chopper probably couldn't even handle Franky's weight, especially now when he's got all that upper body weight.
>>
File: 01.jpg (3MB, 2470x1800px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
3MB, 2470x1800px
>>159788776
I agree. But it think it could be fixed by only ever adding one or two shots when they are on the boat just having them talking in the background or carriing something with someone for something. And I mean outside of usual stuff like Sanji swooning or anything. Just have Ussop helping Robin load in new books she bought or some shit. And shipper implying would (hopefully) be prevented by doing it frequently with many diffreent characters and different situations.
Just imply they talk and interact with each other in the background.
>>
>>159792956
>>159788776
This is where the anime should step up with some filler. Instead of dragging out scenes from the manga all you need is the crew in the boat with something happening in the ocean. You don't need to come up with a new island every time or involve the Marines. Just make episodes about the crew sailing and talking or doing stuff together. Maybe take a few of Oda's color spreads and make them into a few scenes. Hell some of them are interesting enough to base a whole episode out of.
I remember one episode about Brook just after he joined the crew worrying about how he fit in with everyone else. That was a good episode and there was no fighting, no big adventure on a new island, just everyone on the Sunny interacting with Brook and allowing everyone to get to know him better.
>>
>>159787611
Deep down they care and look down for each other. Some of them just don't admit it openly.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.