[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manga discussion was more important what the author wants or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: SHIT.jpg (64KB, 720x504px) Image search: [Google]
SHIT.jpg
64KB, 720x504px
>>
What I want
>>
What the author wants obviously. Art is about self-expression.
>>
>>159760530
>Manga-ka follows what the fans want
>Focus on other characters
>Destroy what made the series great in the first place

The answer is obvious, the manga-ka should stuck with their vision since the fans will always swoon over the bustiest, safest, wish-fulfillment characters and storyline.

If fans had their way, K-on would be about mio, and she would be in various states on undress all the time.
>>
Doing what the fans wants translates to doing what a vocal minority wants. It tends to kill the manga.
>>
what the editor/publisher wants
>>
>>159760530
Usually what the author wants, because the author is actually a published mangaka and knows more about writing manga than the fans.

People typically don't even really know what they want, if you wrote a story by asking the fans what they want at every decision it would end up being a story that very few people truly like.

Of course if the author is making something that absolutely nobody wants that's bad, too.
>>
The author, unless he disagrees with me, in which case the readers, by which I mean me.

What I'm saying is that I am the only one who matters.
>>
>>159760530
Both are important. If a mangaka caters solely to fans, their series is guaranteed to be creatively bankrupt shit at one point or another. On the other hand, if the mangaka does whatever they want and tells the fans to fuck off, they're liable to not only ruin their story since most are retarded, but get canceled since no one wants to read it. A balance is needed
>>
>>159760766
>K-on would be about mio, and she would be in various states on undress all the time.

That would be 100% better than k-on though.
>>
>>159760530
what the author wants is more important. plus most of the time when things are done "for the fans" it's really just the author doing what the his editor thinks the fans want.
>>
>>159764510
do an isekai people like them
>>159760530
the mangaka
>>
>>159763712
Of course a balance in needed, the problem comes when the editor comes in and forces the manga-ka to change direction because it will increase sales.
>>
>>159760530
Both, but keeping a good judgment on what makes and doesn't make sense for the story.

Sometimes mangaka make stupid decisions that end up dragging the story down, and sometimes fans have such fucking stupid ideas that adding them to the story would make absolute no sense.

Also having a good editor is important. Think Toriyama's (ex?) editor during the Android Saga.
>>
>>159760766
this.
>>
>>159760530
90% of people who watch anime/read manga are retarded, so...
>>
>>159760530
i think the author needs to work his original vision till the end.
it was the thing that got him followers in the first place and, as we all have seen here and other places, the fans usually don't have a fucking idea about what they want.
but i'm not against the author changing stuff along the way, as long he does it to make a better story, and he don't lose the fucking ground while doing so.
>>
Author wants

fans don't know what they want most of the time
only exception being matters of NTR (fuck all authors who do that shit).
>>
Whether by following yourself, your fans, or your editors (or all three) there is as much chance of you fucking up as you are succeeding

but way I see it it's better to fuck up doing your own thing than doing the thing of others. If you fail you can blame yourself learn from it and move on. If you take others advice and they fail they'll blame you and ask why you never listened to them. If you are going to take all the responsibility than I say take all the control you can get.
>>
>>159760561
This. The author can have bad ideas, and the other fans can have bad ideas, but I'll always enjoy what I want.
>>
>>159760766
>If fans had their way, K-on would be about mio, and she would be in various states on undress all the time.
That would probably be better than the K-On manga, in all honesty.
>>
>>159769731
manga had the fault of wanting to be a mature seinen manga instead of the fanservice manga that KyoAni fans wanted
>>
>>159760530
Author should do what works. If shit isn't working, try something else or listen to fans.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.