[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain yourself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: false.jpg.gif (273KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
false.jpg.gif
273KB, 1280x720px
I don't understand how you can say you're a fan or an anime/manga series when you pirate it i.e. stealing from it.
>>
>>159740614
It means you like the story/characters and you don't like paying for stuff if you can get away with it
>>
In my case it means i have no money and that i'd rather keep using this single excuse instead of getting a job.
>>
File: 1481503851365.jpg (162KB, 900x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481503851365.jpg
162KB, 900x480px
>>159740614
>>
File: hachi.jpg (66KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hachi.jpg
66KB, 1024x1024px
>>159740614
shut up rarararagi
>>
>>159740614
>digital piracy = theft
nice meme
>>
>>159740614
I'm a living critic!
>>
The courage to love something you steal.
>>
I occasionally buy something I pirated at a later date in order to support the industry, but I would go bankrupt if I bought everything. I just want to enjoy life and help out when I can.
>>
File: Screenshot_87.png (113KB, 337x419px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_87.png
113KB, 337x419px
>He doesn't risk legal repercussions for the things he loves

No, anon, a true fan pirates, then mails an envelope of yen to the creators.
>>
>>159742931
This
>>
When I pirate it it's probably because it isn't available anywhere else in my country.

Btw for what concerns my two favorite, Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon, I've watched them on Mtv years ago and rewatched them on Netflix so I actually paid for them. Also got all BL volumes on paper cause reading scans makes my eyes pop out
>>
>>159740614
>say you're a fan or an anime/manga series
People calling themselves "Anime fans" or even "Otaku" are cancer.
>>
>>159740614
I can steal a pizza and enjoy it, its the same thing
>>
>>159740614
>paying for something you can get for free
>>
>>159740614

I pirate because I am too fucking poor. I also love food and get it from church handouts and I also love water and steal it from the neighbors. If you want be to watch it legitimately where I do not have alternative, more legitimate viable means to consume the product, so please buy me subscriptions and blu rays. If not, go fuck a cactus with a hungry owl living in it.
>>
File: 1415897211302.png (129KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1415897211302.png
129KB, 625x626px
>>159740614
>scenario 1
>buy BD / pick it up or have it shipped (if available in my country)
>takes up physical space in home
>it won't play on computer without an "official" software player that has valid BD decryption keys (libdecss / libbluray keyDB never new enough for new releases)
>I can't use my media player of choice and apply my video output filter chain or audio settings
>there aren't even any "official" software players for linux anyway
>stuck having to use a TV, speakers, remote control or xbox controller to watch it

>scenario 2
>download BD rip of choice (faster than shipping or driving anywhere to get it)
>multiple encodes / remuxes usually available; sometimes with enhancements or corrections
>use my media player of choice and apply whatever filters / scaling algorithms I choose
>have the ability to take screenshots or even make webms
>can use my headphones and keyboard / mouse as playback controller with no hassle
>>
>>159740614
>no true Scotsman
>>
this thread is just a bad bait and I feel bad for saying this baiting as well
>>
>>159740614
>how can you say you love heroin when you're getting it illegally
>>
>Explain yourself
You can't expect that from me.
>>
File: Shinobu Smug.png (154KB, 900x512px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu Smug.png
154KB, 900x512px
>>159740614
I like it soooo much I'm willing to break the law.
>>
I pirate but I more directly support by buying weeb merch of my favorite shows
>>
>>159740614
>just because you pay no money for something you can't be a fan of it
I'm a fan of oxygen yet I pay no money to breathe it. Checkmate, fag.
>>
>>159752591
Whats so good about oxygen? And dont say it lets you live because thats not something good
>>
Would you pirate a snail?
>>
>>159740614
Well, I am not going to buy something that its aired for free in Japan. also I do import my BD from Japan if I like it and has additional material.

>mfw my flip flappers BD went missing somewhere in california. Got the money back, but couldnt get another BD.
>>
>>159740614
Once Japan gives me an opportunity for well translated and reasonably priced options sure. Importing fucking sucks
>>
>>159740614
It just means that I enjoy it, not that I would pay it. Anyway, Japan is still in the Stone Age when it comes to distribution. They still rely on Blu-ray sales for supporting anime, instead of at least attempting a Netflix-like model like the west did. Internet changed the game, and it's not like piracy will dissappear, but they have to step up their game.
>>
>>159740614
Also, Japan doesn't give a fuck about what gaijins do. If they gave a fuck about us, they would find a way to get some bucks from us, but they only care about their internal market.
>>
Ethical consumption under capitalism doesn't exist.
>>
>>159745301
>MTV
I can tell you aren't from america. Must have been a way better MTV than what we got
>>
>>159745711
I'm fine with people calling themselves anime fans. Calling themselves "weeaboos" or (insert series here) trash like they're hot off of tumblr I'm not
>>
>>159740614
Anime airs on TV
Why would you pay?
>>
>>159740614
But I am not a fan. I specifically come here to /a/ to complain every anime is shit.
>>
File: 011.png (100KB, 250x283px) Image search: [Google]
011.png
100KB, 250x283px
>>159740614
But i dont say that i am fan anime. I just like it
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.