[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gintama. Do you like it? If not, why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (18KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18KB, 512x288px
Gintama.
Do you like it? If not, why?
>>
>>159674127
I love it, it's the only series to ever make me laugh and cry at the same time on multiple occasions.

Truly the greatest show ever.
>>
im about to start watching it. don't know anything about it other than its hilarious and also serious at times. i also know MAL overhypes the fuck out of it.
what am i in for?
>>
>>159674127
Everybody talks about anime, yet manga is so much less popular despite being one of WSJ biggest hits. Is anime so much better? Usually it's the other way around.
>>
>>159674127
I do. It's dumb, but most of the characters are likeable and it knows how to make me laugh and how to pull on my heartstrings. Tama is best girl.
>>
>>159674127
I liked it
>>
>first two episodes are filler
Why did they do this, I watched the first couple episode and it made me hate the show.
>>
>>159674763
skip the first two episodes
you'll miss NOTHING
>>
>>159674763
Bombardment of Japanese subculture references & parodies, some absurd humor of its own, likable cast that slowly grows on you, and grows, with few "serious" arcs in between once in a while. Oh, and tons of 4th wall breaks

The first two episodes are literal filler. Skip them.
Even after that, you want to give this show a longer chance than usual. I personally started watching Gintama for the first time last year, and before ep 25, I wasn't sure if it was for me. Later on however, I was glad I had sat through that slower, kinda meh beginning, because the show loves to dig out some seemingly minor details and make a big fuzz about it later on.

Don't be alarmed if some jokes fly over you head. Not even Japanese understand all the original Gintama stuff.
>>
>>159675737
skip nothing you worthless faggot
>>
>>159675386
Same here, and that was literally over a decade ago. Picked it up again just recently-ish, after hearing about the shitty start, and it's now one of my favorite shows, ever.

>why did they do this?
the cast was super happy to get finally animated, so they kinda sperged out.
>>
>>159674127
/a/ used to love it, but now because it got popular in MAL and reddit everyone hate it.

Madao>the rest
>>
>>159674763
Give it a chance, it starts off slow. But if you watch it more and more, you'll love it.
>>
>>159674127
yes it's my favorite last season wasn't great tho

>>159674715
>frogshit
please stop making guntamafans look bad
>>
>>159674127
I like parts of it. When its funny its really good but otherwise its insanely boring. A hit or miss for most episodes. The serious arcs were alright at first.
>>
>>159674763
Look for rumbel subs. They explain most references
>>
>>159674849
>Is anime so much better?
Superb VAs bring the characters alive, and animation allows better visual gags & cooler fights.
>>
Great until it hits the final 3 arcs
>>
File: gintama.jpg (444KB, 1920x1274px) Image search: [Google]
gintama.jpg
444KB, 1920x1274px
Friendly reminder that the new season that starts this fall will adapt the skipped arcs.

Source: the previous, 3 days old Gintama thread, with user translation of some magazine article.
>>
>>159674127
It can be really funny or really fucking boring at times
>>
>>159674127
Latest manga arc is so fucking boring and long its not even funny, i want to see some development and sick fights not some shitty speech ive already seen a billion times. Also the anime didn't adapt the gin vs taka fight that well, it was the most hype moment in the manga but the animation was very meeh, other than that its a solid 8/10
>>
Gintama it´s a fucking underrated shonen
naruto,dragon ball,one piece it´s a fucking shit and more popular
>>
This anime legit cured my depression.. I had no friends and i was pretty much considering suicide. Gintama never failed to make me laugh. Taught me lessons i would have never learned. I know it sounds gay as fuck but Gintoki is my idol. He taught me to keep a strong soul and heart. To get up even at the worst time and to keep marching forward. Few years later, i am more than happy. I have lots of friends and even great with girls. It also got me laid too. I owe my life to this anime...
>>
>>159674849
This is a board for anime, no one likes manga here...I think most people who like the series just have trouble reading explanations of jokes and laughing at the same time so the comedy inherent in Gintama is more digestible with sound. I was never able to get into the anime but from clips, I can see the appeal. The manga is one of my all-time favorites though.
>>
>>159674127
I dont. It's too slow and boring. There's a lot of WHACKY LOL SO WHACKY! jokes and stuff that just...don't really do anything for me. The "top 10 funniest moments in gintama!" videos on youtube are snore fests.

Animation p.good, but I dont really think any of the characters really standout. It can't decide if it wants to be le funny or serious and it doesn't do a good job juggling between them. Hard pass on the series for me. 20 eps in and It's just...not good. I could be wasting time on other things.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.