[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Casting aside, how would you actually go about adapting live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 73e311c49a8ea7d85ca8cd4c10e8931c.jpg (300KB, 1101x1332px) Image search: [Google]
73e311c49a8ea7d85ca8cd4c10e8931c.jpg
300KB, 1101x1332px
Casting aside, how would you actually go about adapting live action Dragon Ball? Which Sagas?

Personally I think the Demon King Piccolo saga would adapt really well as long as they age up Goku closer to his DBZ iteration. Make the plot more closely revolve around searching for and finding the Dragonballs to bring back everyone Piccolo has killed. Pic related would make an awesome climax and would leave plenty of room open for a sequel adapting the Sayan saga
>>
Some kind of prequel about the past Saiyans conquering planets, they can cast whoever they want without any problem, no cringe interactions in the "real world", plus with the current "Man of Steel" CGI they could achieve great visuals, I would mind seeing a Vegeta type character destroying entire civilizations on random planets.
>>
>>159666681
>No dragon balls

Could be cool, but no way this would interest most general audiences
>>
>>159665181
I liked the Piccolo design from the movie, and frankly I would do the exact thing the movie did with him: replace Pilaf with Piccolo. Then you just make a loose adaptation of the first part of the manga without romance or teen drama shit.
>>
>>159665181
Special effects in any live action I've ever seen are always so cheap and unrealistic looking, doesn't help this serie has a huge light ray as iconic attack.
>>
>>159668270
No one give a fuck about the dragon balls you autist, they are nothing more than a plot device now.
>>
>>159669044
>now
they always were
>>
1st film : remake of that 1996 remake film

2nd film: Piccolo Daimaoh until arrival of Raditz

3rd: Raditz until Vegeta fight and possibly arriving to Namek

4th: Namek Saga
>>
>>159669044
Literally the only important plot device
>>
They already nailed it with Evolution.
>>
>>159669781
Kek
>>
>>159665181
Demon king piccolo would probably work best out of all the sagas, they could do the world tournament as a sequel even. I still don't think that it would be successful
>>
>>159665181
I mean, Path to Power works pretty well as a story. Pilaf seems kind of simple and episodic. Red Ribbon and King Piccolo can work well, and King Piccolo can easily lead to Majunior.
>>
>>159665181
I wouldn't. DB is one of the worst series to make a live action one out of. Hell most battle shounen are.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.