[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Koe no katachi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: file.png (136KB, 225x317px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
136KB, 225x317px
Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong? How could it have been fixed?
>>
>>159654754
The source was trash and then so would the movie.
>>
>>159654754
>what went wrong?
It took place in high school.
>How could it have been fixed?
The characters could have been adults.

However, I liked the character design a lot.
>>
>>159654754
Nothing went wrong, as expected of the most successful kyoani movie so far. huruhufags on suicide watch.
>>
Completely underwhelming ending.
>>
>>159655416
Just like the manga.
>>
File: abuse.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
abuse.webm
3MB, 720x405px
Not enough underage rape.
>>
>>159654754
Maybe it could have been better as a TV series
>>
>>159656179
Series would've been better had it ended with the doujin where those two fuck.
>>
>>159654754
The movie had a very good MILF but decide not to use it.
A spin off featuring nishimama is needed.
>>
It was great. Nothing to fix.
>>
>>159654754
Nothing.
It improved the shitty source material by cutting out the unnecessary crap.
>>
>>159656603
>A spin off featuring nishimama is needed
if you mean how she found salvation from her past with men by entering the forbidden garden with ishimama
Then yes.
>>
>>159657197
I thought them both being kinda sweet on each other was already implied?
>>
>>159656527
>Series would've been better had it ended with the doujin where those two fuck.
But them fucking is canon, I thought? I mean, it´s obvious they are attracted to each other and at least want to resolve some shit by hatefucking?
>>
>>159654754
The movie was a vast improvement and fixed the problems.
>>
>>159657446
This
Even went further and added some really cool shit like animated sign language and the minimalist OST
>>
>>159654754
Just take out the aberration and we're all set, brother.
>>
>>159654754
Lack of screentime and purpose for the group. The ginger guy and the whole motivation for hanging out felt really hollow. Also I don't get why exactly they left grandma's death in the movie and even added a trip to the woods if they decided to make a more focused narrative.

Also I feel that manga made MC look much more awkward which aligned with how he felt about himself. The movie ended up being beautiful so i'm not complaining but i feel that manga tells the story of self-acceptance better just because you can feel how hard it is to accept this awkwardness that you feel from pages (totally projecting here but the story about feeling worthless resonated greatly with me, i can attest that there is truth in it which already makes it not bad)
>>
>>159657446
I wouldn't say vast, but I did enjoy it more
>>
>>159654754
I have no real problems with it, very good movie.
>>
File: how to fix KnK.jpg (32KB, 315x430px) Image search: [Google]
how to fix KnK.jpg
32KB, 315x430px
>>159654754
6 episodes adapting manga, 6 episodes of slice of life filler and of course more Ueno.
>>
I think a few small pieces that were vital were left out, for example, Nishimiya finding her notebook in the pond but leaving it there, this was a huge plot point that was also revealed to be the symbolic breaking point of "I want to die." but this is never revealed or explained in the movie, she goes in after it and then Shouya finds it the next day.

Uenos character and relationship with both Shouya and Shouko are left a little empty, leaving her looking like a boring megabitch instead of exploring how she feels Shouko is manipulating everyone with her sad-smile act and stealing Shouya away from her again and again.

Other than these things I can't really think of anything major that was missed out that was urgent in the Manga, the filming subplot was cut but it didn't detract from the story, Nishimyamom's story was cut down a lot but it doesn't take a genius to figure her out, Mashiba is left a little vague and unexplored but he is the "outsider" of the group so we didn't really need his background anyway to work him as a great character.

The slight lack of a romance edge that the Manga has in the final scene is something that makes people a little dissapointed but the Manga is supposed to be about Shouya feelings of isolation and bullying first, with his and Shouko's building relationship a secondary catalyst. While it is obvious that feelings are there I'm not sure if adding a final confession scene for the sake of romance would have been adorable or forced.
>>
It should have remained a one shot
>>
I liked it, anyone got any more recommendations?
>>
Movie was an improviment, took out all the unecessary muh friendship shit and gone straight to the point with the main chars, only thing i didnt like is that they left nisamama development out
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.