[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck this mother fucker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: bullshituzumaki.png (55KB, 202x273px) Image search: [Google]
bullshituzumaki.png
55KB, 202x273px
Holy shit dude
>>
>>159651989
His girlfriend was too hot for him. He looks like an autist.
>>
>>159652021
Pretty sure he's the author's self insert
>>
File: Capture6477646.png (110KB, 260x450px) Image search: [Google]
Capture6477646.png
110KB, 260x450px
>>159652083
No dummy this is

Just yankin your chain. Shuichi's still a asshole liability fucking useless god shit
>>
Yeah fuck Harry Potter
>>
Shuichi is kinda an autist.Most Junji Ito characters are.
>>
I didn't like Uzumaki's ending. It was just so bleak and nonsensical and didn't make sense because I figured from the narration that at least one person would escape.
>>
>>159652940
Haircut should've escaped its messed up.
>>
>>159652940
>It was just so bleak and nonsensical and didn't make sense
Like most endings in ITO works?
>>
>>159653001
Yes but Uzumaki was an extended story instead of a random episode.
>>
>>159652940
> It was just so bleak and nonsensical and didn't make sense

Junji Ito's most positive ending was Hellstar Remina, and that involved the destruction of the entire planet
>>
>>159652940
>Thinking you can escape the spirals
>>
>>159652940
I was expecting main girl, considering how much the spiral seemed to love her, to become alien spiral queen or something.
But nope.
>>
Shuichi did nothing wrong. He was entirely in the right the whole time and I don't understand why you don't like him. He might act a little cynical but he has a good reason to.
>>
>>159652940
Uzumaki is heavily inspired by Lovecraftian horror. In those kinds of stories, the main characters are inevitably killed/eaten/absorbed/driven insane by the cosmic force they're trying to escape. Uzumaki is actually pretty positive in comparison since those two get to be at peace together at the end in the spiral city.

The ultimate point of the story is that there is no escape. Everyone will be taken by the spiral, the city will return underground, people will rebuild, and one day it will happen again. A cycle. A spiral.
>>
>>159653329
He just kinda bums around and talk about how fucked everything is. I mean, he's right, but he's dealing with it in a lame way. And then girl still tries to help him. He's dead fucking weight, except for a few small instances.
>>
>>159653797
>let's get out of the city, this shit is weird
>no
>but swirly hair
>no
>spirals of doom
>no
>vampire babies
>no
>whatever...
>>
>>159653839
this irritated me so much
>>
>>159653548
>Uzumaki is heavily inspired by Lovecraftian horror
Did Junji say this
I remember there being storytime threads of Junji stories and one guy would always go "Oh no I don't wanna get Junji'd"
>>
>>159653839
This. He was the voice of reason in all of this and no one listened until it was too late
>>
File: 1BS-Illustration-047.jpg (316KB, 764x1377px) Image search: [Google]
1BS-Illustration-047.jpg
316KB, 764x1377px
>>159653945
>Ito has cited [...] H.P. Lovecraft as being major influences on his work.
>>
>>159652940

How is the fact that she's narrating make the ending nonsensical?

She's not dead, anon. She's just trapped for eternity.
>>
>>159652940
>It was just so bleak and nonsensical
Yeah, and the whole "everything's turning into a spiral", "muh bro's now a snail", and Tornado Bros weren't.
>>
>>159652940
>I figured from the narration that at least one person would escape.
Her snail brother escaped
>>
>>159654164
I thought he got eaten
>>
>>159654180
No he climbed or whatever snails do down a cliff
>>
>>159653945
He doesn't need to say it, the influences are clear. Gyo and Hellstar Remina are clearly Lovecraftian, while Tomie's true form is hinted to be that akin to an old one.
>>
File: askwzn2ox7hx.png (376KB, 660x479px) Image search: [Google]
askwzn2ox7hx.png
376KB, 660x479px
now you remember this
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.