[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ありがと ございます This is why fansubs are actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1275x715px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1275x715px
>ありがと ございます

This is why fansubs are actual cancer and you should feel bad if you use them
>>
May the dark lord bless you. Amen.
>>
>$10 have been added to your Crunchyroll™ Premium™ Account™

UTW's subs for this are shit, tho
>>
>>159649224

>UTW subs for this are the only subs out

FTFY
>>
>>159649328
They are still shit
>>
>>159649014
Thanks for the dark lord praise itadakimasu.
>>
>>159649014
>needing subs
>>
>>159649014
>you should feel bad if you use them
Then what do I use? And don't tell me to learn Jp and watch it RAW. I ain't gonna learn an inferior language just to watch chinese cartoons.
>>
>>159649014
>fansubs are actual cancer
With cherry on top.
>>
File: gg aria.jpg (159KB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
gg aria.jpg
159KB, 1280x716px
>>159649014
but sometimes they're hilarious
>>
Crunchy's "professional" subs are also awful.
>>
File: 1384359898994.jpg (627KB, 1280x1412px) Image search: [Google]
1384359898994.jpg
627KB, 1280x1412px
This is why fansubs are the greatest and you should feel bad if you don't use them.
>>
File: moo.jpg (61KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
moo.jpg
61KB, 550x413px
>>
>>159650211
Stop watching inferior media.
>>
Let's not forget
>Caules clearly says D-rank when talking about Frankenstein's Monster's NP
>UTW subs it as B
UTW may be bad, but they're the only option.
If someone here could translate it better, why don't you do it instead of bitching about the only way retards like me who can never learn nip have of watching the show?
>>159649555
>>159649052
>thread saying fansubs are bad
>post shitty OFFICIAL subs
Retards.
>>
File: cast.png (3MB, 1841x1032px) Image search: [Google]
cast.png
3MB, 1841x1032px
>>159649014
>>159650523

Both business and fan subs suffering from translators having no complete understanding of asian language, especially words that have Chinese roots.

So a lot of the translations can get the over all meaning kind of right but loses a lot nuance, if they get the meaning correct at all. It's really painful seeing subs that translates idioms and allegories horrendously. Best example of this deficiency is the entire LotGH fansub.LotGH uses a lot of allegories and idioms most of them have their origins in Chinese and/or referring to historical events in Asia. It's just a train wreck of a sub.

Fansub understandably have lesser quality, because it's done by people with passion for Japanese but are still learners. But subs from businesses have no excuse. Hiring bad translators shows the business lacking commitment and care for their product's quality.
>>
>>159655072
like anyone with a job cares about your mongolian cave paintings anyway
>>
>>159654979
To be fair, Herkz had a multi day long fit over people complaining about those lines.
>>
>>159655072
>Hiring bad translators shows the business lacking commitment and care for their product's quality.

Businesses don't care about the quality as long as they make money. They pay translators poorly and know that their customers can't check because they can't speak Japanese. Translators don't care either because they're already being paid poorly and know the customers can't speak Japanese.
This is why you should NOT pay for subs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.