[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hyouge mono

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: 77282.jpg (54KB, 225x321px) Image search: [Google]
77282.jpg
54KB, 225x321px
I don't get the hype around this anime. It's not that funny. It's not historically accurate. There are no battles/they are shit, and even the politics aren't presented in an interesting way. It's mostly just autists (especially the main) splerging over tea ceremonies and tea jars most of the time. Am I missing something?

The only interesting thing about it is how Nobunaga is portrayed as that bizarre maverick obsessed with exotic things like he kind of was. Do I really have to watch past 10 episodes for it to get better?
Is the manga much better?
>>
The anime was so bad the mangaka left the production.
>>
>>159643818
Is the manga better then?
I still can't see how this story can be interesting but perhaps it's all the anime's fault.
>>
its starts kinda slow but i really liked it because over the course of the show I went from hating most of the characters to liking most of them. I also went from hating this op to enjoying it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVULv9jIlI4
>>
>>159644358
I can't watch over 10 episodes of something before it gets good; that's annoying and painful. A good show shouldn't have to do that to viewers.
Most of the characters seem dull and I don't care for them nor their tea pot autism.
This just seems the dullest way to tell a story about probably one of the most interesting part of Japan's history. At least if they have shit characters make the battles be good. They can't even do that.
Please tell me if I would be wasting my time with the manga too or not.
>>
File: oldasspicture.jpg (41KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
oldasspicture.jpg
41KB, 750x600px
It's a story of an average person "growing", a tragedy. I liked the animu, but at the time there were only 5 chapters translated.
>>
>>159644574
I can understand him trying to rise in rank. That's natural and could make an interesting story but...it just isn't told in an interesting way imo. I get board by most of the dialogue and this is coming from someone who enjoyed dialogue heavy anime like Mushi-shi.
There is shit I just don't understand too. I don't know if it's just because I don't understand Jap people or what? I understand the history pretty well.
>>
>>159644774
Dialogue? You don't like the monk? The monk is the best part. His story and progress have an actual substance. To add even more contrast to different kinds of foolishness of the main to go through. Although it's an ongoing manga, the thing felt complete. You probably need a mood for this to marathon in one seat or drop indeed.
>>
What hype anon? this is a niche series for a particular audience...
>>
>>159645244
No, I really don't care for the monk. I mean His story doesn't interest me much. I guess it could be cool to see what he is actually up to in the end, but I can't see myself watching any more of this just to figure that out.
I guess the manga might be better.
>>159645939
idk, I guess. I like historical shows though so I thought it would be a good watch for me.
>>
File: 1395271576258.jpg (275KB, 1279x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1395271576258.jpg
275KB, 1279x1240px
>>159642537
>>
>>159646178
It's about cups and art motherfucker what do you fail to understand
>>
>>159647274
I get that. I don't find that particularly interesting then...maybe I'm not into Japanese art that much. I just wish the show focused less on that.
>>
>>159647686
You claim to understand Japanese history but not the culture or people. And furthermore you admit you don't understand art or the role of it and the importance of tea in Japanese life and history.

Sounds like you don't know shit and are not the target audience of this anime.
>>
>>159647965
Cool it Mr. Weeb, its possible to be more knowledgeable about one aspect of history than another. I know about tea ceremonies briefly but not in detail as other things.
However, I guess an anime set in the sengoku period that is mostly about the least interesting part of the era, imo, is not my thing and I am in fact, not the target audience.
>>
>>159646178
If you don't like the monk then it's probably just not for you. He's the driving force behind pretty much everything that happens in the anime. The series is about tea though, not battles, so if that's what you're looking for you're in the wrong place. It's about conflicting aesthetic tastes and all the politics that play into that. The main character grows a lot over the course of the series, but he's always going to sperg over tea bowls and shit.
>>
>>159648591
I sure there was more to politics than just tea and aesthetics. If that's what this anime focuses on, then I guess it's really not for me.
The characters don't interact with each other meaningfully outside of motherfucking tea so yeah.
>>
>>159648850
Literally what's wrong with that? There's a subgroup of people extremely fascinated with tea ceremonies and aesthetics. You won't see someone complain that a magical girl show isn't talking enough about cars, because that's not what it's about.
>>
File: hedoesntliketeabowls.jpg (31KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
hedoesntliketeabowls.jpg
31KB, 225x350px
>>159642537
I thought the politics were presented in a particularly fascinating way. I loved how much influence and power art had over just about everyone, regardless of whether they were politicians or military people.
I'll admit, it could be kind of slow at times but really became invested in everyone's story. Sasuke goes through so much, Senno's influence over him and his own grapplings with imperfection was so enjoyable but also heartbreaking to watch.
I dunno, man, to each their own but if you can't get into the art or at least respect the importance of it for the time period, it probably won't be entertaining to you.
>>
>>159642537
>>
The show is literally about people coming to terms with "My taste > your taste" so you probably won't be able to appreciate it.
>>
>>159650981
OSORE NAGARA
>>
Regardless of whether or not we're all aesthetes for bowls, we can all agree the music was top-notch, right? Someone posted the OST recently and it's great re-listening and being reminded of how much energy it brought to the show.
>>
I wish the group that did the first 10 eps or so finished it. The ye olde english subs really added to the humor.
>>
>>159652804
My Japanese may be humble (since I needed subtitles) but I think Doremi is a bit more accurate.
Huzzah did stupid shit like putting Senno in the subs when a character said Soeki. It's not really an anime you're going to get if you don't understand Japanese culture and a bit of Japanese so leaving out honorifics and localizing is a bit silly.
>>
>>159644077
If a series is based on a manga, in 99 of 100 cases the manga is better.
>>
>>159644539
It's a story about tea Nerds. You won't get action and powerlevel bullshit.
>>
>>159653934
>tea nerds
I hope you aren't forgetting the time when Sasuke wooed a nobleman's daughter and convinced her to run away with him before promptly turning her over to Hideyoshi.
>>
>>159649464
But i don't really like magical girl anime and neither does everyone?
I'm just saying anon is right and it may not be for me. What is wrong with that?
>>159650597
yeah I'm starting to see that.
>>
It takes a compelling but also overused time period and applies a new perspective to it. The standard politics of the sengoku era you've seen one thousands times are now highlighted based on the changing sense of aesthetics. Its about a how a hobby changes with the political climate.

Additionally, the characters are very well written and dynamic. They all change a lot and grow, but feel grounded enough to be real. Even the main character, who is by far the wackiest and least realistic at times, has a lot of different sides to himself that the viewer comes to understand.
>>
>>159653934
I don't want power level bullshit, anon. Didn't I tell you I enjoyed mushi-shi? I just wanted more than what is focused on here. I was just using battles (not necessarily fight scenes) as an example to which I believe could have helped.
>>
>>159655589
I haven't seen the politics of the sengoku era 1000 times on a show. Only read it. That could be the issue here too.
I mostly watched/read a few things about eod or early Tokugawa shogunate at most
>>
>>159654116
Can someone explain wtf was up with that chick during episode 6 randomly deciding to fuck Sasuke? It made like no sense.
>>159652331
yes, for the most part. I agree. Less for the opening but more for everything else.
>>
>>159655709
>Can someone explain wtf was up with that chick during episode 6 randomly deciding to fuck Sasuke?
They kind of explained it during the episode, did they not? With the uncertainty of battle approaching she felt the need to sow her oats.
>>
File: 02_072.png (301KB, 828x1200px) Image search: [Google]
02_072.png
301KB, 828x1200px
>>159655709
What didn't make sense?
>>
>>159655858
Oh ok I see, the manga explains it 10x better. Still pretty weird though.
She seemed more like his daughter than a concubine given she was a warrior type with a naginata but I guess that's jut how their clan things.
>>159655810
not well, but the manga did much better.
>>
>>159655949
>not well, but the manga did much better.
I don't think it was much different other than the manga explicitly stating she was the lord's concubine.
>>
>>159656226
I think it was.
She didn't sit down and explain her motive in the anime like she did in the manga.
And yes, that helps. I wasn't sure how she was related to him as I stated earlier making it more random.
>>
>self-inserters
>>
>>159657849
?
Meaning?
>>
Simplicity is truly the greatest. And I'm not only saying that because I'm afraid of political pressure from Rikyu
>>
>>159642537
>Am I missing something?
Taste.
>>
>>159646317
Monkey made the wrong choice in killing best apprentice.
>>
>>159652331
Oh shit can you repost it? I only have a small collection of related songs, not the whole OST.
>>
>>159650597
>regardless of whether they were politicians or military people.
I liked how fags that just wanted to win over Rikyu claimed to believe in simplicity yet bought expensive ass food before he came over and pretended that it was something they had in the house at the moment. Rikyu really has completely failed in converting people over to his aesthetics and instead just bullied them into adopting a superficial belief of simplicity and the worst part is that he realized his errors too late to make a difference.
>>
Is your karma black yet /a/?
>>
What I liked about it was that many lines had double meanings or you had the read between the lines to see what's going on.

For example, when Soeki first invites Sasuke to tea he tests him multiple times in different ways, from flattery to an implied threat.
>>
>>159658499
>implying people with the best taste like animu period
Anyway, I prefer shows like Mushi-shi, spice and wolf, and even vagabond(despite some shonen elements).
This just isn't drawing me in.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.