[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starts off slow, finally gets entertaining 50 episodes later

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: hxhop.png (620KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hxhop.png
620KB, 500x500px
Starts off slow, finally gets entertaining 50 episodes later at York New Arc. Goes back to being boring for another 50+ episodes until the near end of the Chimera Ant Arc.

What's the appeal of this series? Is it to attract Shota loving pedophiles and Hisoka being a self-insert character.
>>
>>159636004
Madhouse's 2011 adaptation has been met with near universal critical acclaim. While the series as a whole has received widespread praise,[134][135] the Chimera Ant arc in particular has been often singled out. In addition to being met with rave reviews, the arc has generated considerable discussion and analysis of its themes, symbols, characters and structure throughout and in the aftermath of its run. The arc is commonly viewed as a deconstruction of shōnen and action anime;[136][137] other readings have focused on supposed symbolic parallels with Buddhism[138][139] and nuclear war. Nick Creamer compared the arc to a “war drama”. In a lengthy essay, Creamer read the arc as a study of, and in the end a simultaneous critique and defense of human nature.[140]

Much of the writing surrounding the arc focuses on its villain, the Chimera Ant King. Largely echoing Creamer’s conclusion, Luke Halliday, in an examination of the character, describes his story as “an exploration into what it means to be human.”[141] In the piece, Halliday describes the King's development as “one of the most interesting and captivating in anime . . . [the King's] journey is simply unforgettable” and states his own belief that the arc “will go down as one of the greatest stories told in anime”.
>>
>>159636105
Subscribed.
>>
Really what was the point of the Greed Island arc?
>>
>>159637286
>no Gungi
>no HxH cardgame
What the fuck happened? This shit would be gobbled up by fans - which I assume is the sole purpose of the Greed Island arc.
>>
File: whereulive.png (87KB, 428x315px) Image search: [Google]
whereulive.png
87KB, 428x315px
there are some shows, when I look back, I have no idea how I stuck with them to the end. Some I feel glad I stuck with (ex. Texhnolyze), and some I don't (ex. This). It's certainly not horrible, but it probably isn't worth all the time invested
>>
>>159639194
Pretty much this, there's only a handful of episodes I'd ever rewatch again if at all.
>>
>>159636105
yeah well, when they suddenly began narrating the chimera ant arc in 3rd person, that was annoying melodrama

>>159639194
I felt that way about Yu Yu, but definitely not about HxH!
>>
>>159636004
ants arc is best arc, fit me
>>
>>159639194
Texhnolyze is slow as shit. 4 episodes and I give no fucks. Please no memes is it worth it?
>>
So, is the 1999 version better?
>>
>>159642456
Nope
>>
>>159642456
It's generally agreed that manga>99>11.
>>
>>159641100
The first 8 episodes are by far the best so if you were bored you're too pleb for the show.
Here's a tip, you should barely care about the plot, just look at the art/animation and feel the emotions of the scenes.
After episode 8 it actually becomes about its plot and therefore worse.
>>
>>159636004
it never gets good
>>
am I a pedro if I want Killua to rape me
>>
>>159639194
You should have read the manga dumb fuck.

This applies to 90% of manga with adaptations.
>>
>>159636004
Shotas
>>
>>159636004

but greed island is the best arc.
>>
>>159636004
I feel the opposite honestly. Loved the first arc, but then slowly couldn't give much of a shit afterwards. Kurapika and Killua are garbage.
>>
>>159636004
>it's boring if it's not dark

Kids these days.

>>159636105
You're such a tool.
>>
>>159642842
>manga
>a bunch of badly drawn sketches better than anything
it is 1999>2011>shit>>>>>>>manga
>>
>>159647255
The Manga is even worse though.
>>
>>159636004
Shit taste. Greed island and the start of chimera ant arc is fun.
>>
>>159641100
It was slow but it only took like 20 episodes to get the job done, and there was plenty of plot to make up for the slow initial character and world building. Ant arc was like 70 fucking episodes.
>>
File: hiso.jpg (20KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
hiso.jpg
20KB, 500x281px
>>159636004
I enjoyed it through and through. Why did you keep watching if you didn't enjoy anon? Are you autistic?
>>
File: oo8ujPc.jpg (22KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
oo8ujPc.jpg
22KB, 224x216px
>>159647255
i did. I still feel the same way. It doesn't have much substance to it
>>
>>159657246
>anon, you didnt even watch it, how can you criticise?
>anon, are you autistic, if you didnt enjoy it, why did you watch it?
every fucking time
>>
>>159641100
It's one of the best anime ever made and the 5 last episodes are amongst the best of the media.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.