[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I swear this whole board is full of /a/utists. Koe no Katachi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: koe_no_katachi.png (463KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
koe_no_katachi.png
463KB, 3840x2160px
I swear this whole board is full of /a/utists.

Koe no Katachi is a precious, beautiful story.
>>
File: 1495957184595.png (856KB, 782x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1495957184595.png
856KB, 782x1036px
Don't forget best character.
>>
Yeah, it's really good. Most I've enjoyed an anime in a while, saw it three times.
>>
>>159624126
No, it's really not and you're fucking stupid. It's a solid story, but nothing special.
>>159624769
This is true.
>>
>>159624126
I've been watching anime for years, I thought nothing could top K-On! as my favorite anime. I even had my doubts bout Koe no Katachi specifically because I didn't care for the manga.
The movie completely blew away all my expectations. Its as if it was made just for me. Easily the most relatable, insightful piece of media I've ever experienced.
>>
Does the film kept the scene where Mashiba pour water on douche teacher's head? Since they remove the film-making arc there is no reason for him to revisit MC's elementary school.
>>
>anime secondaries
>>
>>159624769
mbbaka mbbaka

hate her
>>
>>159624126
fuck off retard.
the one shot will always be better than the manga because its not padded as shit, it doesnt have unnecessary characters that add nothing to the story and it doesnt lose focus like the manga.
>>
>>159624769
She was the only goodhearted person in the entire group.
>>
shallow overrated shit
>>
>>159624769
fuck this bitch
>>
>>159624126
It is. Too bad KyoAnus shit the bed with the adaptation.
>>
I remember reading the manga and dropping it because the X-faces were so fucking annoying. The most heavy-handed kind of symbolism you can get

is the movie better
>>
>>159626353
>sees deafgirl again after all those years
>"hey let's bully her like we used to lol"
>>
>>159627139
The movie has the X faces, if that's what you're asking. I think it's a great film, you should watch it.
>>
>>159624769
>"I find her attractive so there's literally nothing wrong with assaulting handicapped people!"
Uenofags should unironically be chemically castrated
>>
>>159624769
Only honest character desu
>>
File: T3gVZmp.jpg (241KB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
T3gVZmp.jpg
241KB, 1920x1036px
>>159624769
My brother not blood related!!!!
>>
>>159624769
KyoAni ruined the best girl.
>>
>animeonlyfags
>>
>>159634556
I think most people read it too
>>
>>159625949
>k-on!
That explains why your taste is so shit.
>>
File: 1401236207411.png (877KB, 900x1346px) Image search: [Google]
1401236207411.png
877KB, 900x1346px
>>159624126
>>
>>159626172
>>159626538
>>159634556

Why do people really like the movie making McGuffin aspect of the manga so much to the point of denouncing the movie?
>>
>>159624769
Since I didn't give a shit about the main heroine, I liked her the best.
She just needs a good fucking to set herself straight.
>>
The movie felt incomplete as fuck.
My only thought when i came out from watching it was "i need to read the manga".

Shit adaptation.
>>
>>159636094
I had the opposite impression, actually. Did you read the manga after all?
>>
>>159626296
The one shot is actually worse. Mangaka was able to extend the one shot in the serialized version, which made it even stronger.
>>
>>159636165
Yeah and i really enjoyed, it give me the context i needed to understand some of the characters actions, and the stuff that was directly cut off was very interesting too, like the mom's backstory.

And after finishing it i saw the movie again and this time i could appreciate it way more, it blew my mind some times.

But it still feels like the worst version. It's a nice add-on to the experience but it doesn't sustain by itself imo.
>>
>>159636681
Its actually all there in the movie, aside from specifics (like backstories). It doesn't take a genius to understand that the mom is just harsh on everybody because she wants to protect her kids. She was absolutely drenched when she picked up Yuzuru, showing how she was searching for her in the pouring rain, most likely frantically, for awhile.
>>
>>159637077
I wasn't referring to that character. The mother has enough shit on her life to justify perfectly her actions, her backstory wasn't necessary but it was still interesting.

I was referring to the other kids on the group, almost all of their relationships were rushed or ignored.
The bridge scene came out of nowhere in the movie, it wasn't established enough how well they got along by that point so the discussion felt forced. And the impact that it has on Shouko wasn't as strong because of that.
The grandmother dying also lacked impact on the girls, in the movie they were sad but in the manga they were destroyed. I don't get why they didn't put the letter and instead showed the mother crying, it ruined the whole meaning of the event.
And, obviously, Mashiba doesn't exist in the movie.
>>
>>159636028
Agreed, and in the ass.
>>
>>159638440
Oh I see what you mean. I didn't think it was forced. The issue of Ishida's past was always floating on top, it was just never really brought up. It also kind of symbolizes how Ishida refuses to actually confront the heart of the issue, and runs away when its brought up.

They were building up Ishida's and Shouko's relationship the entire movie, so I could easily empathize with her frustration watching someone she cares about give up and push everyone away. Especially when he just looks up and smiles at Shouko, I thought that particular part was pretty harrowing. Really builds up to Shouko's suicide. The entire outing at the art museum becomes more and more depressing to watch after every rewatch.
>>
>>159638440
>>159641089
And I agree about the whole grandma thing though. I think it was more important to Yuzuru's development and symbolizes the communication theme as a whole, given how Yuzuru gets over it by opening up to Ishida.

Also Mashiba was the one who indirectly reminded Ishida to confront his issues, not run away from them.
>>
>>159628950
In the Manga is it a lot clearer that Ueno is in love with Shouya and only started bullying Nishimiya to get his attention.

Which is then exhaserbated by Nishimiya being an increasing burden to her, as well as the communication barrier between them not understanding why she isn't just getting angry and fighting back against the harassment.

Then she blames Nishimiya for getting Shouya turned into a Pariah and forcing herself to distance herself from him, even though she is still very much in love with him but her own ego leaves her abandoning him as well.

Then years later she spots him in the town and approaches him to try and rekindle their connection and tries to confess her feelings to him, only to find that instead of the fun extroverted boy she loved, he has become introverted and passive just like the spineless girl she hates. To make matters even worse he seems to be increasingly close to that girl who already "Took him away" from her once before, and is now doing it again.

She knows Shouya wants her to get along with Nishimiya, but she just can't. So she tries to make a truce and agree that they can just hate each other and pretend to be friends so that Shouya gives her a chance again, but Nishimiyas passive nature once more shows itself, a nature which Ueno believes is just her being manipualtive to win sympathy and steal Shouya from her.

And then one last time, Nishimiyas manipualtive actions steal Shouya from her once more, by leaving him in the hospital.

Ueno has a suprisingly complex character, even if her character is that of a stubborn, shallow, but earnest and honest girl.

I think the Movie adaption is very good, it works fantastic as a stand alone movie and many of the things it leaves out are done so without subtracting from the whole experience, like Mashiba's story, the film contest, and the lead up to the reunion-esque event at the final chapter.
>>
The manga sucked, the film was better but it's still nothing special overall.
>>
>>159641225
I think the biggest issue with the Movie adaption is some scenes that are shown very clearly in the Manga, aren't as cleanly transitioned in the Movie.

For example, the class progressively turning on Shouya and bullying him is quite a sudden transition in the movie. I was left thinking "Eh, why is he in the water now?" and not noticing the change in dynamic until half way through the scenes.

Another point that is left unexplained in the Movie which could have been done with literally 2-4 seconds of screen-time, the fact that Nishimiya abandoned her notebook in the pond after finding it. I didn't quite get how Shouya found it the next day since she went in after it before. Especially when this turned out to be the "The breaking point." where Shoko decides that she wants to die.
>>
>>159641089
Especially when Shouko knows that exact smile very, very well herself, the one she has been pulling since she was a child.
>>
>>159641512
She flashes this smile every time she sees Ishida is genuinely upset and he tries to brush it off when she asks. So even when Ishida isn't blatantly upset about something, you can tell when he's sad.
>>
File: DianaDrink1.jpg (132KB, 679x679px) Image search: [Google]
DianaDrink1.jpg
132KB, 679x679px
I thoroughly enjoyed Koe no Katachi, I didn't expect to since I'm not that big on Dramas or Romance or anything like that, and just put it on as background noise when I stumbled upon it on a movie website, something to half-watch while playing Vidya.

After about 5 miniutes in, I turned my game off got some snacks and sat down to enjoy the movie as a whole and very much enjoyed it, was moved to tears at a good couple points.

I then read the Manga, and was still even knowing the story, able to enjoy it and be moved as much as the first time, and even after that, got the same enjoyment watching the movie through again afterwards.

So I'm really interested in any other movies or similar shows or manga that are worth reading, I definately want to see more of this kind of thing. Kimi No Na Wa I've seen good things about but planning to see that once it comes to the Cinema nearby in a few months.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.